PDA

View Full Version : Who made the initial hit on the fourth down where the Broncos bribed the line judge?

Rain Man
12-05-2005, 03:02 AM
I saw Mitchell and Allen in there, and I think Sims, too. But it looked like there was another Chief who made the initial stop, and he was buried underneath the pile. I can't figure out who it is.

beer bacon
12-05-2005, 03:04 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130498

Anderson was short because defensive tackle Ryan Sims stood up the guard in front of him, which stopped Anderson’s momentum, and Lional Dalton and Jared Allen crashed into Anderson as he tried to cut back.

“Sims blew up the guard,” Dalton said.

The Chiefs blew up the interior of Denver’s offensive line on the play. Linebackers Kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson charged the “A” gaps. Safety Sammy Knight blitzed from the outside. Allen didn’t have a gap responsibility. He was just supposed to go with his offensive tackle and then find the football.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Here's the replay. Sims does a good job holding the guard up.

Dalton, Allen and Mitchell clean it up.

FORMER DONK CASTOFF NOW CHIEFS FOLK HERO Lional "Jelly" Dalton really made the play...his girth prevented Mike Anderson from falling forward. Kawika Mitchell also does a FANTASTIC job of holding up the guard. If Kawika gets pancaked, it's over.

Also, it looks to me like Mike Anderson missed a hole to his right between the guard and tackle.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4383/stoppedemon4thtoend6ig.gif (http://imageshack.us)

12-05-2005, 04:15 AM
That GIF pretty much lays the entire thing to rest. Are you looking maners?

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 04:25 AM
I see Kendrell "bust" Bell pushing one of the linemen, left guard maybe (?), a yard back, too. But it must be a mirage, because he has absolutely no value to the defense.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 04:27 AM
We did well, but we were lucky. If Anderson follows his fullback, it's an easy first down.

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 04:29 AM
There's no luck involved. Denver ran their designed play, we stopped it. End of story.

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 06:17 AM
who moves the pile backwards?

someone behind Mitchell (#50) starts to go low and then launches hinself into the pile and the pile moves backwards, but I can't make out a jersey #....

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Allen.

Pants
12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
who moves the pile backwards?

someone behind Mitchell (#50) starts to go low and then launches hinself into the pile and the pile moves backwards, but I can't make out a jersey #....

Had to be DJ, but I can't tell for sure.

Pants
12-05-2005, 06:22 AM
Allen.

Did you see that from a diff angle?

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 06:27 AM
I can't tell...he ends up on his back at hte end of the clip....this is dumb, but it looks like his arms are black which would mean someone bedsides Allen...but it still isn't clear..

Pants
12-05-2005, 06:33 AM
I can't tell...he ends up on his back at hte end of the clip....this is dumb, but it looks like his arms are black which would mean someone bedsides Allen...but it still isn't clear..

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's DJ.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 06:34 AM
OK, yeah, DJ is in there.

I still think Allen, Dalton, Sims and Mitchell made this play.

Sims held up the guard, Mitchell hit the running back, and Allen and Dalton finished it up.

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 06:35 AM
allright...cool...everybody got a piece..

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 06:42 AM
OK, upon further review, DJ really did a fine job on this play. I think he caused Anderson to cut back. He came off his initial read and dove underneath the pile.