PDA

View Full Version : Crush 'em or Break 'em?

Wa-Z
12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
How would you rather beat your opponent?
Blow them out and embarass them...like Denver did to us in 3 weeks.
OR
Break their hearts in a thriller...like we did yesterday, and against the Raiders.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
easy ... crush 'em

the chiefs would win every game 72-0 if i could chose.

morphius
12-05-2005, 02:52 PM
crush'em. Especially late in the season.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
crush em. the games are more relaxing that way.

KCChiefsMan
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
considering there is no BCS involved, I'll take a win any way we can get it!

but, I'd prefer to crush them

joesomebody
12-05-2005, 03:05 PM
For me, I like a thriller... but I'm 23 and my heart can take it.

My great grandmother is 89 and is a bigger Chiefs fan than anyone I know, so for her sake I prefer we crush em'

DTLB58
12-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I would rather win in a blow out.

But it seems it hurts the players more when they lose in a game like yesterday or the Raider game. As some Raider players stated after the game @ Arrowhead 'That loss hurt worse than the Superbowl to the Bucs" :clap:

So if tearing their hearts out in a thriller is what hurts the Broncos and Raiders more......... ROFL

DTLB58
12-05-2005, 05:00 PM
easy ... crush 'em

the chiefs would win every game 72-0 if i could chose.

I agree, I hate it when I see people after yesterday's game and they say it was "It was a great game" Well, maybe if your NOT a Chiefs or Broncos fan. But for me, yea, 72-0 or 45-17 yea that wasn't bad either. :)

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Both have their advantages. A crushing defeat is actually easier on both sides, as it is more relaxing to the winning team and its fans, and the losing team and their fans can chalk it up to a bad game (if it's a good team). Games like yesterday, where both teams put in really good performances, are more stressful, but ultimately more thrilling for the winning team and fans, and more psychologically scarring for the losing team and fans, because they can't chalk it up to a bad game, they have to admit (whether publically or not) that they got beat by a better team.

Warrior5
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
On a related topic, I was just reviewing last night's game tape and marveling at how our o-line, especially Roaf, was just owning the Donk D-line. It's a thing of beauty.

If I wasn't such a D homer, I'd have tears in my eyes.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 05:15 PM
The Atlanta game last year is a good example of how I would like to see them all turn out. Pure annilation and humiliation.