PDA

View Full Version : First round of the playoffs: Chiefs @ Broncos?

Taco John
12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I have no idea what the scenario would be to make this happen, but wouldn't it be a sweet one? We already kicked your ass here, but given the last time we played you in your house, we beat you, I'd bet your team would be motivated as hell...

I'd love to see this play out.

SLAG
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
dont think thats going to happen

MGRS13
12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Nah I'd rather see you guys play Cinci....can you say one and done t.j.?

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 05:24 PM
We have to make the playoffs first then we can talk.

KChiefsQT
12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Nah I'd rather see you guys play Cinci....can you say one and done t.j.?
ROFL

RealSNR
12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
We have to make the playoffs first then we can talk.Then again, so do the Broncos

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Then again, so do the Broncos

Unless they have a huge meltdown they are in. Their last 4 games are against the Ravens, Bills, Raiders and Chargers. 3 gimme games and 1 tough game.

Anyong Bluth
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd like to just make the playoffs 1st.

It's nuts that an 11 game winner could end up being the wildcard, but hey - shit happens.

WilliamTheIrish
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I'd like to just make the playoffs 1st.

It's nuts that an 11 game winner could end up being the wildcard, but hey - shit happens.

An 11 game winner was the Wild Card in 1997. They became World's Champion the following January.

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Donks aren't a lock for division winners yet.

I really wish they didn't have 3 of the worst teams in football for their final 4 games. :banghead:

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
I'd rather see Denver get the #2 seed and the first round bye, then play whatever team qualifies to roll into Denver.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Donks aren't a lock for division winners yet.

I really wish they didn't have 3 of the worst teams in football for their final 4 games. :banghead:

Nothing is a lock, esp in the AFCW... but, you have to like the 3 of the remaining 4 for Denver. Well, I guess you don't have to like them.

MahiMike
12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Just about the time I was basking in the euphoria of yesterday's win, I realized that in some way we actually messed ourselves up because...

Denver dropped from #2 seed to #3. I figure Jags have the #5 seed locked up and we're playing for the 6th. That means we have to go back to Denver to start the playoffs.

Yuck!

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Just about the time I was basking in the euphoria of yesterday's win, I realized that in some way we actually messed ourselves up because...

Denver dropped from #2 seed to #3. I figure Jags have the #5 seed locked up and we're playing for the 6th. That means we have to go back to Denver to start the playoffs.

Yuck!

Seeds aren't exactly set yet and while Indy all but has the #1 locked up... Denver and Cincy are tied at 9-3. I don't know how the tiebreakers work out exactly and there's no need to worry at this point, but both teams *should* have 12 wins going into the final week.

Cincy @ KC and Denver @ SD could settle that one... both teams could be locked up at 12-4. We'll see what happens, but right now the #2 spot is still up for grabs.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Actually, I would like it. For the first time that I can remember, the Chiefs may peak at the right time. A win this week on the road in Dallas and one in NY will go along way toward proving that. I would love nothing more than for them to redeem themselves at Mile High against the Broncos. Hey, and we are not going to be 13 and 3 this year, so who knows.

chiefsfaninNC
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM

Yuck!

Denver is still the number 2 seed.

Spott
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Seeds aren't exactly set yet and while Indy all but has the #1 locked up... Denver and Cincy are tied at 9-3. I don't know how the tiebreakers work out exactly and there's no need to worry at this point, but both teams *should* have 12 wins going into the final week.

Cincy @ KC and Denver @ SD could settle that one... both teams could be locked up at 12-4. We'll see what happens, but right now the #2 spot is still up for grabs.

Denver has the tiebreaker right now over Cincy. Cincy has 3 conference losses and Denver has 2.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Actually, I would like it. For the first time that I can remember, the Chiefs may peak at the right time. A win this week on the road in Dallas and one in NY will go along way toward proving that. I would love nothing more than for them to redeem themselves at Mile High against the Broncos. Hey, and we are not going to be 13 and 3 this year, so who knows.

That's the only thing that really saddens me... I would love for KC to have 13 wins and a round 1 bye. :deevee:

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Denver has the tiebreaker right now over Cincy. Cincy has 3 conference losses and Denver has 2.

Cool - I was thinking that was the case. So, beating Balt/Oak/Buf are important on many different levels.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
That's the only thing that really saddens me... I would love for KC to have 13 wins and a round 1 bye. :deevee:

:p It is hard to overcome some of these things, the December home game win streak thing held up yesterday.

Oh, how did the painting come out? I actually thought about your plight while I was setting there gorging myself watching the game. :D

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Well, let's say I still have painting to do... I essentially stopped at halftime. There was just no way I could stay focused.

NJ Chief Fan
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
who said the donks are makin the playoffs? theyre gonna go down faster then a slip n slide

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, let's say I still have painting to do... I essentially stopped at halftime. There was just no way I could stay focused.

Good man, I would have had paint everywhere except where it was supposed to be. 21/21 at half with Denver getting the second half kickoff made the half time break seem like an hour to me.

RedThat
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Let me say this, even though Denver has Baltimore, Oakland, Buffalo, and San Diego on the remainder of their schedule, I think those games could go either way.

Baltimore always plays Denver tough. They've had their number recently. Oakland usually plays Denver well at Mile High. Buffalo is not an easy place to play, and San Diego is San Diego. I'm dreaming a little bit, but not ruling out the possibility that all those games could go either way.

Calcountry
12-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I have no idea what the scenario would be to make this happen, but wouldn't it be a sweet one? We already kicked your ass here, but given the last time we played you in your house, we beat you, I'd bet your team would be motivated as hell...

I'd love to see this play out.WTF? Dude, we done played our Super Bowl?

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Let me say this, even though Denver has Baltimore, Oakland, Buffalo, and San Diego on the remainder of their schedule, I think those games could go either way.

Baltimore always plays Denver tough. They've had their number recently. Oakland usually plays Denver well at Mile High. Buffalo is not an easy place to play, and San Diego is San Diego. I'm dreaming a little bit, but not ruling out the possibility that all those games could go either way.

I'd say the same thing about Baltimore if Jamal Lewis didn't suck this year and if their defense weren't missing most of their badasses. Oakland... who knows what is up with that team, but they've been really crappy lately. Buffalo... that could go either way I guess, since it's at Buffalo, but they've been incredibly hit and miss.

San Diego... that will be a damn tough game to win.

tk13
12-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Denver has a relatively easy schedule... but so does Cincy. When we're talking first round bye, that's who they're in competition with right now. If for some reason Denver slipped up somewhere, they could end up as a three seed. It's possible at least.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Denver's getting the bye. This won't happen.

RedThat
12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Denver's getting the bye. This won't happen.

Ok, say they lose 1 game. I'll pick a game, San Diego. We, the Chiefs, win outright......Then what would you say?

RedThat
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Denver has a relatively easy schedule... but so does Cincy. When we're talking first round bye, that's who they're in competition with right now. If for some reason Denver slipped up somewhere, they could end up as a three seed. It's possible at least.

I think we'd have to win the rest of our games to get a first round bye. Because, like you said, both Denver and Cinci have pretty easy schedules. It'll be interesting if lets say at the final game of the year Chiefs play host to Cinci and that'll be the game that determines a first round by and a home game in the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Hell, who knows what happens. We could end up getting that #2 seed. The schedule sets up perfectly for that.

dtebbe
12-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Not after you guys drop 3 of your last 4... ROFL

DT

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
I'd say the same thing about Baltimore if Jamal Lewis didn't suck this year and if their defense weren't missing most of their badasses. Oakland... who knows what is up with that team, but they've been really crappy lately. Buffalo... that could go either way I guess, since it's at Buffalo, but they've been incredibly hit and miss.

San Diego... that will be a damn tough game to win.

If you guys don't beat the Ravens at home you might as well forfeit the rest of your games. Boller is the worst QB in the history of the NFL and Lewis is struggling big time.

Oakland has basically quit on their season-gimme game.

Buffalo maybe tough, we lost there but who knows.

San Diego - damn tough game

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Hell, who knows what happens. We could end up getting that #2 seed. The schedule sets up perfectly for that.

I don't see how the schedule sets up perfectly for KC getting the #2 seed at this point...

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't see how the schedule sets up perfectly for KC getting the #2 seed at this point...

Naturally. :rolleyes:

Rausch
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I want the Colts.

We owe those ****ers and nothing would make be go a big rubbery one more than punking those douches in their house.

Taco John
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM

I've always known you were a homer, but this is HOMERTASTIC!

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I've always known you were a homer, but this is HOMERTASTIC!

Hey, it happened in 97.

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I want the Colts.

We owe those ****ers and nothing would make be go a big rubbery one more than punking those douches in their house.That'd be second only to winning it all.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I want the Colts.

We owe those ****ers and nothing would make be go a big rubbery one more than punking those douches in their house.

I do not see any reason why we can not get the Bronco's and then the Colts or visa versa. Why not pay both of them back in the same season.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
REVENGE TOUR, '05!

Sully
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Boller is the worst QB in the history of the NFL

Ahem...
Hello? Over here?!!?

-Signed
Andre Ware
Ryan Leaf
Scott Mitchell

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Ahem...
Hello? Over here?!!?

-Signed
Andre Ware
Ryan Leaf
Scott Mitchell Heh. Didn't he have a game at Arrowhead with more INT's than completions once?

Sully
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes.

mcan
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I think that Cinci loses to KC and Denver loses to San Diego. Other than that, there's a really good chance that they will win the rest of their respective games. That gives Denver the #2 seed.

Of course, if we win out, we will probably get the #5 seed, and we will go to the #4 seed's house. That's pretty much a lock to be New England. I know that they are having a down year and all, but they are still a very dangerous team, and have NEVER lost a playoff game under Brady... I don't like those odds...

It would be a MUCH better scenerio if Denver loses 2 games from here on out and we win the West.

#1 Indi
#2 Cinci
#3 KC
#4 New England
#5 Jacksonville
#6 Denver

That way Denver would come to Arrowhead again. I'd like our chances.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 09:33 PM
REVENGE TOUR, '05!

Exactly, that would be very gratifying.