PDA

View Full Version : Shan the Rat

tommykat
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
I think personally "he" couldn't deal with the fact that Kennison is good and had to go looking for a reason to prove it....What an ass.

DENVER - Mike Shanahan took the Denver media to his office Monday to watch TV. The show: John Lynch's disputed hit to Eddie Kennison's helmet that cost the Broncos dearly in their loss to Kansas City."The reason I put this up here is because I've got to speak in John's defense," Shanahan said of his Pro Bowl safety. "Number One, I don't think he should be fined."Shanahan conceded it was a close call in the fourth quarter of the 31-27 loss that sent Denver to 9-3. It took the coach seven camera angles before he could find definitive proof. But the seventh angle shows Lynch hitting the Chiefs wide receiver with his shoulder, not his helmet.Even with that proof, most of the damage has already been done. Denver got penalized for the hit, which turned what would have been a third-and-7 into a first-and-goal from the 4. A play later, after the Chiefs scored the go-ahead touchdown, Lynch got called for unsportsmanlike conduct.Shanahan conceded the game is over and there's nothing he can do about the call from that stand point.But the coach is trying to save Lynch some money. As he sees it, the video evidence shows the hard-hitting safety, who racked up $82,500 in fines last year, probably shouldn't be fined for this one.Could Lynch have gotten this penalty more on reputation than on what really happened?"I don't think so," Shanahan said. "In the heat of battle, officials don't look at who it is. They just make decisions and they've got to make the call they think's right."For his part, Lynch declined comment Monday, saying "I'll probably get myself in trouble."His teammates, however, came to his defense, much as they did after the game Sunday.Among the things that bothered them were the fact that Kennison himself got up after the hit and gave Lynch something of a congratulatory pat on the back. Also, it took a while for the official to throw the flag."I got off the ground, and then I see, defensive foul," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "I'm like, why did it take so long to call the foul? If you're questioning it so much, why call it?"Later, the Broncos had another call go against them. It was referee Bill Leavy's decision to re-spot the ball after officials initially ruled Mike Anderson had made a first down on a fourth-and-1 run with 2:01 left. Leavy decided Anderson really didn't make the yard he needed. Kansas City got the ball back and didn't give it up until only 3 seconds remained.Shanahan didn't show reporters any replays of that one."It's one of those things," he said. "Is it conclusive? Did Mike reach out? Did they get to see all the different angles?"They saw enough to reverse the call and help seal Denver's 15th loss in 16 games at Kansas City in December.It's not to say Denver didn't do plenty to lose the game on its own.The Broncos offense scored only two field goals and made only 105 yards in the second half.The defense let Larry Johnson run wild; he gained 90 of his 140 yards in the fourth quarter."We've done a good job through the season, but that fourth quarter wasn't one of our better quarters when it came to run defense," Shanahan said.As a result, Denver dropped from first to third in the league in run defense. (Denver's 29th-ranked pass defense wasn't great, either, allowing 253 yards and two long scoring passes.)More importantly, the Broncos saw their two-game lead in the AFC West slip to one -- over KC and San Diego -- and saw a chance to essentially put the division away turn into a close race with potential to last through the rest of the season.Denver's big break is that its next three games are against Baltimore, Buffalo and Oakland, all of which are 4-8. If Denver takes care of business, the Chiefs loss will seem like only a blip -- especially if Lynch gets off without a fine."I just wanted you to get a feel for this, without saying John's got another helmet-to-helmet" hit, Shanahan said.

Bwana
12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Good God!!

JBucc
12-05-2005, 06:11 PM
wtf?!

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 06:12 PM
What. The. ****.

chefsos
12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Shanahan's giving us all a free laptop? I'll take one, as long as they're not orange.

listopencil
12-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Damn. I can't even use this now.

FloridaChief
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Typical. 40+-year old blondes should be euthanized...

Warrior5
12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
What's the problem? Free laptop, Spongebob, waterfalls, code, puppies, the Matrix, and Shanahan whining. Seems appropriate to me.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Shanny, give it a rest. face it, Lynch has been a dirty player for 10 years now. I consider that a little bit of poetic Justice for years and years of dirty play. Shanny can be an ass sometimes. Just accept the loss like a man and move on Geez...

Bwana
12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
DENVER - Mike Shanahan took the Denver media to his office Monday to watch TV. The show: John Lynch's disputed hit to Eddie Kennison's helmet that cost the Broncos dearly in their loss to Kansas City.

"The reason I put this up here is because I've got to speak in John's defense," Shanahan said of his Pro Bowl safety. "Number One, I don't think he should be fined."Shanahan conceded it was a close call in the fourth quarter of the 31-27 loss that sent Denver to 9-3. It took the coach seven camera angles before he could find definitive proof. But the seventh angle shows Lynch hitting the Chiefs wide receiver with his shoulder, not his helmet.

Even with that proof, most of the damage has already been done. Denver got penalized for the hit, which turned what would have been a third-and-7 into a first-and-goal from the 4. A play later, after the Chiefs scored the go-ahead touchdown, Lynch got called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Shanahan conceded the game is over and there's nothing he can do about the call from that stand point.But the coach is trying to save Lynch some money. As he sees it, the video evidence shows the hard-hitting safety, who racked up $82,500 in fines last year, probably shouldn't be fined for this one.

Could Lynch have gotten this penalty more on reputation than on what really happened?"I don't think so," Shanahan said. "In the heat of battle, officials don't look at who it is. They just make decisions and they've got to make the call they think's right."For his part, Lynch declined comment Monday, saying "I'll probably get myself in trouble."His teammates, however, came to his defense, much as they did after the game Sunday.

Among the things that bothered them were the fact that Kennison himself got up after the hit and gave Lynch something of a congratulatory pat on the back. Also, it took a while for the official to throw the flag."I got off the ground, and then I see, defensive foul," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "I'm like, why did it take so long to call the foul? If you're questioning it so much, why call it?"Later, the Broncos had another call go against them. It was referee Bill Leavy's decision to re-spot the ball after officials initially ruled Mike Anderson had made a first down on a fourth-and-1 run with 2:01 left. Leavy decided Anderson really didn't make the yard he needed.

Kansas City got the ball back and didn't give it up until only 3 seconds remained. Shanahan didn't show reporters any replays of that one."It's one of those things," he said. "Is it conclusive? Did Mike reach out? Did they get to see all the different angles?" They saw enough to reverse the call and help seal Denver's 15th loss in 16 games at Kansas City in December. It's not to say Denver didn't do plenty to lose the game on its own. The Broncos offense scored only two field goals and made only 105 yards in the second half. The defense let Larry Johnson run wild; he gained 90 of his 140 yards in the fourth quarter. "We've done a good job through the season, but that fourth quarter wasn't one of our better quarters when it came to run defense," Shanahan said

.As a result, Denver dropped from first to third in the league in run defense. (Denver's 29th-ranked pass defense wasn't great, either, allowing 253 yards and two long scoring passes.) More importantly, the Broncos saw their two-game lead in the AFC West slip to one -- over KC and San Diego -- and saw a chance to essentially put the division away turn into a close race with potential to last through the rest of the season. Denver's big break is that its next three games are against Baltimore, Buffalo and Oakland, all of which are 4-8.

If Denver takes care of business, the Chiefs loss will seem like only a blip -- especially if Lynch gets off without a fine."I just wanted you to get a feel for this, without saying John's got another helmet-to-helmet" hit, Shanahan said.

Coach
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Shannahan even goes to far as to whine to the media wanting to show them tapes of other teams making cut blocks when he is nailed by them for teaching his line to make hits that severely injure players and could possibly end their careers on purpose.

Blame it on the NFL rule makers.

Also, I can't even believe he brought Lynch's name into an arguement about a team that doesn't supposedly place blame or whine. Lynch has made a career out of making cheap illegal hits that hurt people and then constantly complains that he gets singled out and picked on by refs.

Hey Shanahan, it has nothing to do with "playing nice" it has to do with breaking the rules and considering that Lynch is one of the all time most fined players for helmet to helmet contact I seriously doubt that it is just something that just keeps happening to him by mistake. I won't feel sorry for Lynch when he gets fined.

This could possibly be the dumbest press conference Shanahan has ever made.

Valiant
12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
****ing make it readable at least you spamming twunt...

Shit...

DENVER - Mike Shanahan took the Denver media to his office
Monday to watch TV. The show: John Lynch's disputed hit to
Eddie Kennison's helmet that cost the Broncos dearly in their
loss to Kansas City.

"The reason I put this up here is because I've got to speak in
John's defense," Shanahan said of his Pro Bowl safety.
"Number One, I don't think he should be fined."Shanahan
conceded it was a close call in the fourth quarter of the 31-27
loss that sent Denver to 9-3. It took the coach seven camera
angles before he could find definitive proof. But the seventh
angle shows Lynch hitting the Chiefs wide receiver with his
shoulder, not his helmet.

Even with that proof, most of the damage has already been done.
Denver got penalized for the hit, which turned what would have
been a third-and-7 into a first-and-goal from the 4. A play later,
after the Chiefs scored the go-ahead touchdown, Lynch got called
for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Shanahan conceded the game is over and there's nothing he can
do about the call from that stand point.But the coach is trying to
save Lynch some money. As he sees it, the video evidence shows
the hard-hitting safety, who racked up $82,500 in fines last year,
probably shouldn't be fined for this one.

Could Lynch have gotten this penalty more on reputation than on
what really happened?"I don't think so," Shanahan said. "In the
heat of battle, officials don't look at who it is. They just make
decisions and they've got to make the call they think's right."
For his part, Lynch declined comment Monday, saying "I'll
probably get myself in trouble."His teammates, however, came
to his defense, much as they did after the game Sunday.

Among the things that bothered them were the fact that
Kennison himself got up after the hit and gave Lynch something
of a congratulatory pat on the back. Also, it took a while for the
official to throw the flag."I got off the ground, and then I see,
defensive foul," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "I'm like, why
did it take so long to call the foul? If you're questioning it so
much, why call it?"Later, the Broncos had another call go
against them. It was referee Bill Leavy's decision to re-spot
the ball after officials initially ruled Mike Anderson had made
a first down on a fourth-and-1 run with 2:01 left. Leavy
decided Anderson really didn't make the yard he needed.

Kansas City got the ball back and didn't give it up until
only 3 seconds remained. Shanahan didn't show reporters
any replays of that one."It's one of those things," he said.
"Is it conclusive? Did Mike reach out? Did they get to see
all the different angles?" They saw enough to reverse the
call and help seal Denver's 15th loss in 16 games at
Kansas City in December. It's not to say Denver didn't do
plenty to lose the game on its own. The Broncos offense
scored only two field goals and made only 105 yards in the
second half. The defense let Larry Johnson run wild; he
gained 90 of his 140 yards in the fourth quarter. "We've
done a good job through the season, but that fourth
quarter wasn't one of our better quarters when it came
to run defense," Shanahan said

.As a result, Denver dropped from first to third in the league
in run defense. (Denver's 29th-ranked pass defense wasn't
great, either, allowing 253 yards and two long scoring passes.)
More importantly, the Broncos saw their two-game lead in
the AFC West slip to one -- over KC and San Diego -- and
saw a chance to essentially put the division away turn into
a close race with potential to last through the rest of the
season. Denver's big break is that its next three games
are against Baltimore, Buffalo and Oakland, all of which
are 4-8.

If Denver takes care of business, the Chiefs loss will seem like
only a blip -- especially if Lynch gets off without a fine."I just
wanted you to get a feel for this, without saying John's got
another helmet-to-helmet" hit, Shanahan said.

FloridaChief
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
****ing make it readable at least you spamming twunt...

ROFL

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
It's funny how they act like there's no chance we would have scored if they hadn't called the PF.

We scored on the next play and it would have been good from the 7.

Dartgod
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Good grief, could someone please edit the original post? TK or a Mod, please?

The horizontal scrolling makes the responses unreadable.

teedubya
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
TommyKat... I hear there is this really cool new forum... scout.com or something.

Spott
12-05-2005, 08:08 PM
It's funny how they act like there's no chance we would have scored if they hadn't called the PF.

We scored on the next play and it would have been good from the 7.

That's a good point. Without the penalty it was going to be 3rd and 7. Denver hadn't been able to generate any kind of pass rush all game long and we stood a good chance of making the first down or TD in that situation.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Sad Rat:

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN...THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEALLLLLLL!!!!

Halfcan
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
The rat proves once again he is a crybaby and a very overrated coach. The NFL should fine him for talking about the refs. Lynch is a thug and a dirty player-much like the rest of the Donkeys. We beat the shit out of them.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Shana-HANKY. What a sore loser.

Chan93lx50
12-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Bitch and moan, bitch and moan, this guy is worse than a woman!