PDA

View Full Version : Valiants takes on our next four games and why they are winnable...

Valiant
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
breakdown...

at dallas:
They are 4-2 at home and 1-2 agianst the AFC...
Bledsoe is generally a immobile statue, Get pressue on him and mistakes tend to happen for him..

Thier rush D is average compared to the rest of thier d, This works in our favor on the road as we will want to control the clock... Trent should have the same PA success with them as he did denver if everything is working...Our Oline just needs to control their front seven..

As for the rest, contain the run and shut down witten... I believe our corners should be able to take care of meshawn and glenn...

at nyg
Little bit tougher, great runner and killer luck with eli to shockey right now... Dallas average to below average D, and top 10 offense...

Key to this game agian will be our Oline ability to control the clock with the run... This is the type of game where we need some TO's and 40+rushes for 200+ yards on the ground... Try to avoid a shootout with them..

The defense needs to stop either stop tiki or get up an early 14pts to make the run game nonexistant.. Eli is very sackable, and fumbles alot but usually gets them back.. We need to bump shockey and then cover him with our #2 DB while surtain covers buress... And hopefully our Dline with sims and blitzing gets into eli's face enough to force errant throws and easy 3inouts...

SD
At home, loud crowd and time for payback... This game should be breakout for our offense.. We should have beat them at their house, they are a very beatable team when you shut down LT, and our crowdnoise should get 3-4 falsestarts for us.. The key is our defense to win this game..

Crowdnoise, and shutting down LT is the first priority.. After that Surtain needs to cover Gates on passing situations, Warfield can cover mccardell... Just shut down LT...

Our offense should have no problem moving the ball on them at home especially if we keep using the hard counts to get encroachments and take out their killer instincts.. LJ should be able to get 100 and Trent and TG will hookup for over 100 and 2tds just out of spite to Gates...

Bengals

This will be the toughest one, their O is awesome and their D just forces TO's... Hopefully they will already have homefield and nothing to play for.. hopefully...

Keys to win on D, Kill their Qb... They have to #1 WR's on that team that make people look-a-fool... We should be able to stop their running game at home, we just need to get pressure and TO's on D..

The offense will unfortunatly be in a shootout more then likely... We need to run the ball to slow the game down and pick up the 3rd downs.. Do not turn the ball over, This will have to be Parker and Hall's big game... We will need to test them deep, to keep them honest for our short game...

and pray..

KC Jones
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I think San Diego playing in a freezing arrowhead should be a big advantage for us. Those southern California boys will struggle with the temperature drop no matter what they do to prepare.

I'm hoping Cincinatti will be resting some starters for the playoffs.

tk13
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
I think San Diego playing in a freezing arrowhead should be a big advantage for us. Those southern California boys will struggle with the temperature drop no matter what they do to prepare.

Plus San Diego has to make a road trip to Indy the previous week. That'll be their second straight long trip for a game. It's tough to play back/back road games. Nobody in the NFL has won back-to-back road games against winning teams so far this year. Denver was trying to become the first yesterday but failed at it. That's why it's gonna be brutally tough to win at both Dallas and NY. Especially with that NYG game on a short week. Although last time we played on a short week we played Miami and had a great game, so who knows.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
SD's goose is cooked.

Indy, Denver, KC

tk13
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
And really, unless Cincy drops one they shouldn't the next three weeks, they probably will be playing for a first round bye that last week of the season, unless Denver completely collapses.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
The biggest reason why we can go 3-1 is confidence. This team's confidence is just surging right now.

Ralphy Boy
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM
everything you all have said is great, but you are missing the key reason we will win:

We got Sexy Dexy back!

Actually I'm only half kidding. He isn't capable of covering a lot of #1's, but he is still more than capable of covering a #3.
Giants have a strong receiver group with Burress, Shockey & Toomer and we'll need everyone we've got including Sapp to cover them. I look for them to challenge our secondary in a way nobody has, granted Coughlin is a more traditional coach, but he knows that we are very leaky against the pass. They'll try to stretch the field early and send Tiki out into the flat vacated by our LB's covering Shockey. In the thread starter I think it said we'd play Surtain on him, but I can't recall us doing that once this season. Seems like we played Knight over Gates and that didn't work out too well.

Their pass game scares me as much as Cincy, who'll basically do the same thing. Dallas doesn't have the horses to outrun us, neither does San Diego so I don't worry about it as much in those games, but Cincy will play us like they did Indy and we'd better be prepared for it.

Either way our work is cut out for us because we do play some very good offenses to finish the season, which should be a good primer for Indy. If we do get into the playoffs after facing what is ahead of us, we are deserving of it unlike New England who'll get in only because of a weak division.

Ralphy Boy
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
And really, unless Cincy drops one they shouldn't the next three weeks, they probably will be playing for a first round bye that last week of the season, unless Denver completely collapses.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they clinch before they get to us, but at the same time, I'd almost rather they didn't so we can KNOW that we got in by beating them at their best. I'd hate to get all hyped up for the playoffs we snuck into and then get blown out when we face them down the road. That false sense of belonging would kill me.

DTLB58
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Key to the Charger games is for Gun to figure out a way to cover Gates. The last two games he has played us (1 this year and the 1 he played in last year) Gates had 17 receptions 237 yards and 5 T.D.'s

Taco John
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
everything you all have said is great, but you are missing the key reason we will win:

We got Sexy Dexy back!

Which part of him do you think is the most sexy... His legs or his ass?

kcfanXIII
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM

SD beat kc at home last year, and it was freezing. still think kc will win another close afc west brawl.
da natti is the game i'm afraid of. keep fingers crossed it dosen't mean anything, but it more than likely will.