PDA

View Full Version : Was it cold at Arrowhead Sunday?

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 09:13 PM
It looked cold on TV. Just how cold was it?

stevieray
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
23 degrees
15 w/WC

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
It was kinda cold, but not freezing.

tommykat
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
23 degrees
15 w/WC

Bet Weirdwolf was warm ;)

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
SR says it was 15 degrees windchill and Saul says it wasn't freezing. Who's lying?

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
SR says it was 15 degrees windchill and Saul says it wasn't freezing. Who's lying?
I was well prepared.

It really isn't too windy at Arrowhead. With all the people around you, and the way the stadium is set up, it doesn't get too windy.

carlos3652
12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
I was well prepared.

It really isn't too windy at Arrowhead. With all the people around you, and the way the stadium is set up, it doesn't get too windy.

Screw that... I was well prepared and bundled next to my friends and it got fn cold...

I got home, went to bed and was still freezing...

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Screw that... I was well prepared and bundled next to my friends and it got fn cold...

I got home, went to bed and was still freezing...
:shrug:

You are probably skinny. I've got a nice layer of fat on me, that keeps me warm.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 09:24 PM

You are probably skinny. I've got a nice layer of fat on me, that keeps me warm.
What are you doing on here so late?

carlos3652
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM

235lbs... I had 3 layers of clothing... Were you in the sun at all, we were always in the shade and then it got colder as the night came...

Coach
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM

Heh, beer drinking does the trick eh? ;)

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 09:27 PM
What are you doing on here so late?
Waiting for a box score to be posted from the KSU basketball game. Then i'll probably go to bed.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Heh, beer drinking does the trick eh? ;)
Naw..good clothing. Really, if you are well prepared, its not bad. The key to staying warm is your feet, your hands, and your head. You can layer your clothes all you want but it won't meet shit if your feet are cold.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
It was bitter ass cold, but well worth the price of admission.

Sully
12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
I sit on the shade side. It was cold, but it wasn't noticeable since the game was always in doubt. The guy in front of me and his girlfriend, however, have to be feeling it today. They were too drunk to notice, but they wore far too litle. The guy had nothing on his head, and his ears were purple on the edges...

Halfcan
12-05-2005, 09:40 PM
It was so cold, when I pissed it turned into a big pisscicle that I had to break off. Some guy in front of us had no shirt and his body painted. He did have gloves and a gayazz looking hat. He only lasted til the third quarter-he is probably in the hospital today.

MGRS13
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I had 8 layers on and drank alot of beer..it was still FRICKIN COLD, but awesome! God I hate the donkeys!

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I was in the east end zone in the upper level, and it was ok until the 3rd-4th, it seemed to get windier and when the sun went down it was COLD. I got plenty of wind where I was sitting.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I was well prepared.

No, it isn't usually windy at Arrowhead. Maybe because the playing field is below ground level. Those in the lower level actually walk down to their seats. I wonder how many other playing fields are below ground. That is a really good idea I think.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
No, it isn't usually windy at Arrowhead. Maybe because the playing field is below ground level. Those in the lower level actually walk down to their seats. I wonder how many other playing fields are below ground. That is a really good idea I think.

Wow. Now THAT'S interesting.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I was in the east end zone in the upper level, and it was ok until the 3rd-4th, it seemed to get windier and when the sun went down it was COLD. I got plenty of wind where I was sitting.
Yeah, I can see how the upper decks would get the wind. They are above ground.

Jenny Gump
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I had 8 layers on and drank alot of beer..

Usually, I drink the beer, and THEN get the lawyers on....oh...wait, nevermind.

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 10:22 PM
8 lawyers?

That's impressive.

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow. Now THAT'S interesting.

Yeah, if you've never been there, the concourse around the lower level is a little below ground. Ground level outside might be the lower part of the club level inside or thereabouts.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Usually, I drink the beer, and THEN get the lawyers on....oh...wait, nevermind.
Is that what happened with that really happy law student in KC?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeah, if you've never been there, the concourse around the lower level is a little below ground. Ground level outside might be the lower part of the club level inside or thereabouts.

I have been but I always sat in the upper deck.

stevieray
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM

Can you imagine how tall it would be if the field was @ ground level?

chefsos
12-05-2005, 10:37 PM
I was under the impression that every ballpark/stadium was built with the playing surface below ground level. I've only been to 3-the two ballparks in Baltimore and the Vet-and they were all that way.

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Can you imagine how tall it would be if the field was @ ground level?

No kidding. Even as it is, if you're in the corners you're a mile up in the air it seems like.

ZootedGranny
12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I had on 3 pairs of socks, some winter boots, gloves, sweatpants under some jeans, 2 long sleeve t-shirts under a sweater under a jersey under a coat with a hood and a stocking cap on top of that...not even my pure rage yelling at shit talking Bronco fans kept me warm.

Then again, I was sitting in the surface of Jupiter seats (317, row 43) and was getting raped on two sides by wind.

Still, I instantly felt about 20 degrees warmer after the win.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Most football fields run north and south. Presumably because the prevailing winds blow north-south. An east-west field would be subject to cross winds. Not good for passing a football. But Arrowhead calls their endzones east and west. They really aren't. While I was a season ticket holder (a REAL fan), I never could get my bearings in that stadium. So I took a compass with me one time. The stadium actually runs SW to NE. The tunnel end is the SW endzone. Anytime I see a picture or TV shot of Arrowhead, I look for the tunnel to get my bearings. The tunnel is also on the Chiefs side of the field. The main TV camera shots are from the Chiefs (tunnel) side of the field. Without the tunnel, I can't tell one side of the stadium from the other. Oh, also, Tony DiPardo's little bandstand is on the tunnel end of the stadium. That helps sometimes. Also, I think the club level (gold seats) only run along the tunnel end and not around the entire stadium. This is all from memory and I haven't been in Arrowhead in almost 20 years. I hope they haven't moved anything. If I've got anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. In 1987, the concourses were plenty wide enough and there were plenty of restrooms. But they rarely had "crowds" of more than 20,000 people. THANK YOU JACK STEADMAN AND JIM SCHAAF.

carlos3652
12-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I had on 3 pairs of socks, some winter boots, gloves, sweatpants under some jeans, 2 long sleeve t-shirts under a sweater under a jersey under a coat with a hood and a stocking cap on top of that...not even my pure rage yelling at shit talking Bronco fans kept me warm.

Then again, I was sitting in the surface of Jupiter seats (317, row 43) and was getting raped on two sides by wind.

Still, I instantly felt about 20 degrees warmer after the win.

Zoot I feel your pain I was in 317 row 19... you were higher than me but I was effin cold...

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 11:04 PM
While watching on TV, I could see players on the sidelines take their helmets off and steam was rolling off their heads.

Stinger
12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
While watching on TV, I could see players on the sidelines take their helmets off and steam was rolling off their heads.

That was just the Donks DB trying to cool off after they kept getting toasted

WilliamTheIrish
12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Naw..good clothing. Really, if you are well prepared, its not bad. The key to staying warm is your feet, your hands, and your head. You can layer your clothes all you want but it won't meet shit if your feet are cold.

Absolutely. My feet would constantly keep me from enjoying games in Nov, Dec, Jan when I was a season ticket holder. One year an opposing fan sitting next to me, suggested that I sneak a small square of carpet in and put it under my feet. Worked like a charm. Would sneak it through by placing it in the back of my coat.

Keeping that small distance between your feet and that cold concrete worked wonders. Also kept a pair of socks in my jacket. Changed my socks at halftime. Never had a problem again.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Also, when LJ took himself out for that crucial 3rd and 1, they showed him on the bench huffing and puffing. You could see the steam with every breath he took. He was gassed. I always laugh when folks try to tell us about certain plays because "they were there". You can see much more of the game on TV than you can by being there.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Absolutely. My feet would constantly keep me from enjoying games in Nov, Dec, Jan when I was a season ticket holder. One year an opposing fan sitting next to me, suggested that I sneak a small square of carpet in and put it under my feet. Worked like a charm. Would sneak it through by placing it in the back of my coat.

Keeping that small distance between your feet and that cold concrete worked wonders. Also kept a pair of socks in my jacket. Changed my socks at halftime. Never had a problem again.

http://www.toolweb.com/pics/HOTHF-1.jpg

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 11:49 PM
The stadium actually runs SW to NE. The tunnel end is the SW endzone.

I think you mean NW to SE, but yeah, it's not straight either way.

alanm
12-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Most football fields run north and south. Presumably because the prevailing winds blow north-south. An east-west field would be subject to cross winds. Not good for passing a football. But Arrowhead calls their endzones east and west. They really aren't. While I was a season ticket holder (a REAL fan), I never could get my bearings in that stadium. So I took a compass with me one time. The stadium actually runs SW to NE. The tunnel end is the SW endzone. Anytime I see a picture or TV shot of Arrowhead, I look for the tunnel to get my bearings. The tunnel is also on the Chiefs side of the field. The main TV camera shots are from the Chiefs (tunnel) side of the field. Without the tunnel, I can't tell one side of the stadium from the other. Oh, also, Tony DiPardo's little bandstand is on the tunnel end of the stadium. That helps sometimes. Also, I think the club level (gold seats) only run along the tunnel end and not around the entire stadium. This is all from memory and I haven't been in Arrowhead in almost 20 years. I hope they haven't moved anything. If I've got anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. In 1987, the concourses were plenty wide enough and there were plenty of restrooms. But they rarely had "crowds" of more than 20,000 people. THANK YOU JACK STEADMAN AND JIM SCHAAF.

You can wake up now Mr. Stiltskin. ROFL

CoMoChief
12-06-2005, 01:26 AM
I was happy I didn't havta use a cooler. But yes it cold near the end of the game. I'm just glad it wasn't too windy, though my seats were in section 108. I bet it was 100x colder in the 300 seats.

CoMoChief
12-06-2005, 01:29 AM

Wrap your feet with newspaper, it looks dumber than shit but it works better than almost anything. Newspaper is a good insulator.

luv
12-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Me too. I was in section 122, row 15. It wasn't bad as long as the guy standing on my right was there. I think they spent most of their time in line to buy beer or in the bathroom (I would assume by the beer they drank). I marched in place every few minutes to make sure I still had feet...lol. Perfect football weather! By the 4th quarter, I think I forgot to be cold. A lot of exciting moments. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

kregger
12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
You can see much more of the game on TV than you can by being there.
Skip, that is BS. You get to watch what CBS tells you to watch. I'd much rather watch the game live where I can key on DJ and see what he does for a series. All the replays worth a **** are on the big screen.

Beezy
12-06-2005, 02:51 AM
i was FREEZING

by the way i've been a lurker on this board for a little while decided to register tonight

but yeah it was cold plus i was in the shade most of the game..then when it got dark it was even colder

luv
12-06-2005, 03:44 AM
i was FREEZING

by the way i've been a lurker on this board for a little while decided to register tonight

but yeah it was cold plus i was in the shade most of the game..then when it got dark it was even colder
WELCOME!!!!

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 05:05 AM
It could not have been cold, the TV cameras showed a guy with his shirt off.

Wow, I just read the thread and some of you really were cold.

the Talking Can
12-06-2005, 05:16 AM
I was cold, so I turned my heater on.

And the pizza delivery guy showed up.

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Skip, that is BS. You get to watch what CBS tells you to watch. I'd much rather watch the game live where I can key on DJ and see what he does for a series. All the replays worth a **** are on the big screen.
To each his own. When I used to go to every home game I would go home and watch the tape. I saw lots and lots of stuff that I hadn't seen at the game. You just can't watch everything like the cameras can.

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Oh, yeah, SHUT UP, NOOB

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh, yeah, SHUT UP, NOOB
ROFL

Saulbadguy
12-06-2005, 07:41 AM

Indeed. You don't have to sneak those in these days, they let them in.

chagrin
12-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Just how cold was it?

It was so cold, I say it was so cold...I saw two cock roaches trying to get a mouse started....hey! I'm here all week!

angel
12-06-2005, 08:15 AM
usually, when I go to winter games, I have to sit waaaaay up in the corner- on Sunday, I got Jazzzlovr's seat which was in the front row, so it was nice and warm. The people next to me were cold and wondering why I wouldn't put my hat on, but I was prepared for much cooler climate and wind, so I was actually pretty warm right up until the 4th quarter when my feet started to get cold, so I started jumping some more, and then I was fine.

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:23 AM
usually, when I go to winter games, I have to sit waaaaay up in the corner- on Sunday, I got Jazzzlovr's seat which was in the front row, so it was nice and warm. The people next to me were cold and wondering why I wouldn't put my hat on, but I was prepared for much cooler climate and wind, so I was actually pretty warm right up until the 4th quarter when my feet started to get cold, so I started jumping some more, and then I was fine.
Jumping makes my boobs bounce. How about you?

Dartgod
12-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Also, I think the club level (gold seats) only run along the tunnel end and not around the entire stadium.
Club level runs around the entire stadium (except for the press box area on the Chiefs side of the field).

Warrior5
12-06-2005, 08:54 AM

I was in west endzone (334); was in the shade early and it was cold. I was prepped, but my buddy (a stinkin' DONK fan) next to me was freezing his butt off. I waited until the 4th to give him a couple of hand-warmers I wasn't using; he was blue by then and stopped running his pie-hole.

The look on his face after the 4-1 stop...

Priceless.

angel
12-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Jumping makes my boobs bounce. How about you?
hard to tell under five layers of clothes...

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:59 AM
I was in west endzone (334); was in the shade early and it was cold. I was prepped, but my buddy (a stinkin' DONK fan) next to me was freezing his butt off. I waited until the 4th to give him a couple of hand-warmers I wasn't using; he was blue by then and stopped running his pie-hole.

The look on his face after the 4-1 stop...

Priceless.
With friends like you one doesn't need enemies. That's funny you wouldn't give him the handwarmers till he stopped running his pie hole though.

Warrior5
12-06-2005, 09:05 AM
With friends like you one doesn't need enemies. That's funny you wouldn't give him the handwarmers till he stopped running his pie hole though.

He's a friend, but he IS a Donk fan; had it been a Chief fan, I would've squared him/her away before KO.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-06-2005, 09:18 AM
It was pretty cold...I imagine it will be even colder for the Chargers game

acasas4
12-06-2005, 09:31 AM
I had three layers of clothes plus a heavy coat, hat, gloves, insulated boots and hand/foot warmers and it was still colder than a witches tittie in a brass bra.

epitome1170
12-06-2005, 09:39 AM
It was chilly at first during the tailgating, but once I put on that beer coat I was good to go the rest of the day. However, Monday morning I was feeling the effects of the wind and cold on my face. It was well worth it though to watch all of the Donks' fans lower their heads in embarassment at the 2 minute warning as we made fun of their cheating team.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Cold enough that if you had been there, ole timer....that your dribbles from using the pisser would have frozen up like a snowball in the front of your pants. ;)

Katipan
12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I thought boys shook it so it didn't dribble.

chagrin
12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, with all the shrinkage going on that day I doubt there will be any "pee" problems

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I thought boys shook it so it didn't dribble.

True enough....but as males age especially into their 50s, I'm told....there tends to be some dribbling even after the shakes.....kinda like women, leaking....after the second or third child, I guess. :shrug:

So if you see gramps at the toilet shaking it a long time, he isn't necessarily playin' with it...

angel
12-06-2005, 10:16 AM
True enough....but as males age especially into their 50s, I'm told....there tends to be some dribbling even after the shakes.....kinda like women, leaking....after the second or third child, I guess. :shrug:

So if you see gramps at the toilet shaking it a long time, he isn't necessarily playin' with it...

ew

Mr. Kotter
Well, with all the shrinkage going on that day I doubt there will be any "pee" problems

Shrinkage? Nah. How the hell do you think I keep my hands warm?

Mr. Kotter
ew

The things one learns on the Planet.....heh. ROFL

Katipan
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM

He should try wringing it out.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
He should try wringing it out.

THEN he would be playin' with it.....

luv
12-06-2005, 01:59 PM
No wonder. Dad was looking for Jazzz, so he could introduce us. He said the her and I could be twins. He looked for her through out the game, but never saw her. Now I know why. I was 15 rows above ya.

kregger
12-06-2005, 03:03 PM
To each his own. When I used to go to every home game I would go home and watch the tape. I saw lots and lots of stuff that I hadn't seen at the game. You just can't watch everything like the cameras can.

You are right about bench close ups and all the coach shots you can handle. Sometimes you get a view of holding that isn't as obvious from afar. THe game itself as it plays out from the snap is best seen live IMO.

kregger
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh, yeah, SHUT UP, NOOB

Alright, 200+ posts and finally I've been indoctrinated by the geezer. :spank: :toast:

angel
12-06-2005, 03:36 PM
No wonder. Dad was looking for Jazzz, so he could introduce us. He said the her and I could be twins. He looked for her through out the game, but never saw her. Now I know why. I was 15 rows above ya.
she took her guy to this game, so they sat near the pack band, and she let me sit in her seat

BigRedChief
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Alright, 200+ posts and finally I've been indoctrinated by the geezer. :spank: :toast:

http://www.forumspile.com/Newbie-Not_another.jpg

SCTrojan
12-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Kotter and I sat in section 314 - the shady section. It was bearable up until the second half, and then it was freakin' freezing.

But, like someone said earlier, it was plenty warm after the 4th and 1 stop. Even warmer when the Donks fans started slinking out.

Calcountry
12-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Naw..good clothing. Really, if you are well prepared, its not bad. The key to staying warm is your feet, your hands, and your head. You can layer your clothes all you want but it won't meet shit if your feet are cold.Lamb skin boots with 2 pairs of wool socks. Feet will be toasty as long as they stay dry.