PDA

View Full Version : Dallas' defense (and rush offense)

phxchief
12-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Dunno about any/everyone else, but I didn't realize the Cowboys' defense allows 101.8 rush yards per game at 4.2 per clip.

And on the rushing offense, they may average 112.7 yards per game but it comes at an embarrassingly bad 3.3 per carry.

Certainly this matchup favors us on both sides of the ball. We should be able to dictate the tempo with Larry Johnson and they shouldn't be able to run the ball. Hopefully the line can give Green solid protection and we can get to Bledsoe/force mistakes/contain the big pass.

Chief Faithful
12-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Dunno about any/everyone else, but I didn't realize the Cowboys' defense allows 101.8 rush yards per game at 4.2 per clip.

And on the rushing offense, they may average 112.7 yards per game but it comes at an embarrassingly bad 3.3 per carry.

Certainly this matchup favors us on both sides of the ball. We should be able to dictate the tempo with Larry Johnson and they shouldn't be able to run the ball. Hopefully the line can give Green solid protection and we can get to Bledsoe/force mistakes/contain the big pass.

I'm expecting the Defense to have a big game now that Sims is back and Bledsoe is such an immobile target.

The girls are also weak up the middle with Nguyen out at MLB so the Chiefs should just pound with run up the gut and play action with occassional screens. In other words play smack in the mouth Chiefs football.

Luzap
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Texas stadium is not a rypical hostile crowd. The fans are no where neer as ardent as at Arrowhead.

If we take the crowd out early, they will not be a factor.

Luz
believing we can win...

ptlyon
12-06-2005, 01:22 PM
The fans are no where neer as ardent as at Arrowhead.

"Wha'd he say?"

"He said the Sherriff was NEAR."

Megbert
12-06-2005, 01:22 PM

Don't forget too that the girls play in the weak-ass NFC.

Seek
12-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Don't forget too that the girls play in the weak-ass NFC.

Come on guys. They were a field goal away from beating Denver just last week.

phxchief
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, i'm not predicting any kind of blowout or anything, i'm actually just surprised that the two respective stats are as bad as they are.

I knew they had trouble running - just not that much.

I thought they were very good stopping the run - apparently not so much.

Seek
12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah, i'm not predicting any kind of blowout or anything, i'm actually just surprised that the two respective stats are as bad as they are.

I knew they had trouble running - just not that much.

I thought they were very good stopping the run - apparently not so much.

I noticed that Denver ran right at Scott Fujita very successfully.

Go figure. He is now wearing 51 and has one of his arms covered up like Allen Iverson.

HarryParatestes
12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
"Wha'd he say?"

No I said the sherrif is a .... BOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

ROFL ROFL :)

Radar Chief
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
"Wha'd he say?"

Rep for the “Blazing Saddles” reference.

Radar Chief
12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
No I said the sherrif is a .... BOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

ROFL ROFL :)

I didn’t get a harrumph outa that guy.

tk13
12-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I noticed that Denver ran right at Scott Fujita very successfully.

Go figure. He is now wearing 51 and has one of his arms covered up like Allen Iverson.
I think we're going to do that too. Fujita was solid for us but I thought there were times he got blown up against the run. Helps that Nguyen is out too...

Seek
12-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I think we're going to do that too. Fujita was solid for us but I thought there were times he got blown up against the run. Helps that Nguyen is out too...

He will struggle against LJ. He never really stopped a play for no gain. He always gave up at least three at best. Lj will abuse Fujita.