PDA

View Full Version : I've had it! Gay men writing for ESPN now

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/051205

can you believe this crap? I'm assuming this guy is gay because no straight sports fan would ever think about this. If you want to wear a jersey to a freaking game than thats just showing good support for your team.

Goapics1
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Another Bill Simmons article?

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I thought Phil went to WPI.

Dunit35
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I read this article earlier and I thought it was a waist of my time reading it. What a stupid article. Who cares if someone wheres a jersey around.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I bet he's a black redneck, too. And a horrible tipper.

Eleazar
12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Another quality thread.

Lzen
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
He's a moron. And I don't really give a crap what he thinks. :)

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM

ya I payed my way through college 100% by waiting tables. Are you still getting your weekly allowance from the folks?

Hammock Parties
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
ya I payed my way through college 100% by waiting tables. Are you still getting your weekly allowance from the folks?

No, I blew it all on a sex robot.

Baby Lee
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd hit it! Gay men writing for ESPN now
:eek:

ZootedGranny
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I completely agree with this guy, that's why I don't wear Hawaiian shirts (not from Hawaii), a fisherman's hat (not a fisherman) or carpenter cut jeans (not a carpenter).

I also don't eat Reese's Pieces, cause my name isn't Reese.

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 03:37 PM
No, I blew it all on a sex robot.

you're a real winner buddy. I'm sure your parents are proud

Hammock Parties
12-06-2005, 03:38 PM
you're a real winner buddy. I'm sure your parents are proud

If I ever eat at your restaurant, I'm going to tip you negative five dollars.

Fat Elvis
12-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Patrick Hruby wears Gucci sunglasses.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Patrick+Hruby&defid=1185741

tk13
12-06-2005, 03:41 PM

You'd be in the hospital from cholera long before getting to leave a tip.

Rain Man
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I hate to say this, but I always feel a little goofy wearing a jersey into a sports bar. Game? Sure - a jersey's cool. Sports bar? I'll just wear a regular shirt.

I cannot explain my opinion. I can just offer it.

tomahawk kid
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I hate to say this, but I always feel a little goofy wearing a jersey into a sports bar. Game? Sure - a jersey's cool. Sports bar? I'll just wear a regular shirt.

I cannot explain my opinion. I can just offer it.

I agree.

I thought it was something to do with the fact that my wife doesn't let me pick out my own clothes.

Your agreement could shoot some holes in my theory, however.

Jilly
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
hmmmmm....I think he is gay....because if he wasn't, he would have definitely included how women are an exception to the rule.

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM

fortunately, that opportunity is over for you for I have graduated and I have moved on.

I'm sure you'd do that to any server anyways

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Bob Dole wears a Chiefs jersey on game day and that's about it.

Home. Sports bar. Game. It's all the same--it's game day.

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Essentially, he's absolutely right, of course. The vast majority of people look like utter fools when wearing jerseys.

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 07:29 PM

You must have skipped a few classes.

JazzzLovr
12-06-2005, 08:42 PM

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!! ROFL

Logical
12-06-2005, 08:52 PM
He's a moron. And I don't really give a crap what he thinks. :)

What can I say it is another thread by KCChiefsMan he cannot seem to help himself. He is the NEW Gunther_Fan

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I read this article earlier and I thought it was a waist of my time reading it. What a stupid article. Who cares if someone wheres a jersey around.
Damn, n00b, the grammar police are going to have to step in here. You're under arrest. Not for misspelling but for using the wrong words. Waist? wheres? What grade are you in?

keg in kc
12-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh, no, not a gay man. The world is over.

jspchief
12-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I wear a Jersey every time I'm at the bar watching football. I wear a Chiefs jersey when I attend NFL games, even the ones that the Chiefs aren't playing in. I'll be wearing a jersey on the plane down to Dallas this Saturday.

Personally, I think anyone who wears a tie looks like a f*ckstick. Thank god it's none of my concern what other people choose to wear.

Logical
12-06-2005, 11:31 PM
On a related note, look outside your cubicle. See any female coworkers wearing Laker Girl cheerleader outfits because the Lakers are playing tonight? I wonder if I can convince a couple of the finer ladies to do this, sounds good.:hmmm:

aturnis
12-07-2005, 01:30 AM
fortunately, that opportunity is over for you for I have graduated and I have moved on.

I'm sure you'd do that to any server anyways

What's wrong with this guy?! First he calls a man out on his sexuality, as if in some way his sexuality is going to affect him. Then he goes nuts on gochiefs, harmless little gochiefs. Get a life "Man".

Enjoy that robot gochiefs.

pikesome
12-07-2005, 02:20 AM
I wear a Jersey every time I'm at the bar watching football. I wear a Chiefs jersey when I attend NFL games, even the ones that the Chiefs aren't playing in. I'll be wearing a jersey on the plane down to Dallas this Saturday.

Personally, I think anyone who wears a tie looks like a f*ckstick. Thank god it's none of my concern what other people choose to wear.

I think the difference is the spirit with which you wear it. Some of the pictures in the article show people trying to make a fashion statement. Can't do that with a jersey, doesn't matter who you are. If your showing solidarity with your team, well the jersey takes on new meaning over and above the clothing itself. Its kind of like Vets wearing their uniforms on Veterans Day. They don't cut a martial figure anymore but that's not why you wear it.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 07:02 AM
I think the difference is the spirit with which you wear it. Some of the pictures in the article show people trying to make a fashion statement. Can't do that with a jersey, doesn't matter who you are. If your showing solidarity with your team, well the jersey takes on new meaning over and above the clothing itself. Its kind of like Vets wearing their uniforms on Veterans Day. They don't cut a martial figure anymore but that's not why you wear it.The article also talks about Karl (and others) wearing basketball jerseys. I will agree with him that people that wear BBall jerseys that aren't playing BBall look stupid. Of course, I feel the same way about tank tops, and they're really just glorified tank tops anyway.