PDA

View Full Version : Who will be traded in the offseason...Priest or LJ?

CanadaKC
12-06-2005, 06:20 PM
There's no way these two, as competitive and as talented as they are, share the #1 RB duties anymore. Priest may retire before a trade comes to be anyways...and he probably understands the writing is on the wall. If Priest is healthy, though, and wants to play...what will the Chiefs do? Vermeil has stated publicly his loyalty to Priest, and Priest has been a warrior for our team. But Vermeil may be gone next season...
so does Sauders or whoever out next head coach is carry on Vermeil's loyalty and keep Priest? That being said...

It brings us to LJ. He's a stud and his best years are ahead of him...but is he going to like playing in KC for years to come...or is he going to pull a "trade me" move? Will the Chiefs move him instead, and get a top pick or player in return, should Priest come back 100 per cent? Moving LJ wouldn't cost us a lot in the salary cap either...cause he's still playing under the rookie minimum..is he not?

My guess all this is for not anyways...cause I do believe Priest's career is over. But he has proved everyone wrong before...so I don't know for sure. If Priest is 100 per-cent again, my guess is he's the one who is traded...because I'm getting the feeling behind-the-scenes that Priest and LJ can't co-exist anymore without bitterness next year.

What do you think?

Sure-Oz
12-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Keep LJ and FRANCHISE the shiznit out of him, if priest wants to get traded then get what we can but i dont see that happening, or maybe im an Xtreme homer?

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Given Holme's recent inability to finish a season, we'd be completely loony to trade Lawrence.

CanadaKC
12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I also think LJ and his agent are already getting pumped up to submit the Chiefs with a new and very expensive contract demand...or a hold-out. Thus, forcing the Chiefs hand in the whole thing.

JBucc
12-06-2005, 06:30 PM
It'd be nice to keep both of them, but LJ is now the obvious starter but if Priest says he still wants to be a starter he'll have to go elsewhere.

JimNasium
12-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Nachos.

Calcountry
12-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Priest is done, hanging up the cleats, or didn't you all get the message?

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 06:33 PM
We should trade half the team for Herschel Walker.

Calcountry
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
We should trade half the team for Herschel Walker.That worked out well for the Vikings didn't it?

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I guess I am in the minority here but I think we keep them both. Priest has shown that he is gracious when the teams needs are apparent. I think he assumes the number two role as long as he is getting paid.

As for LJ, STFU , The Chiefs hold all the cards here. I think his contract runs through 2007 and the Franchise tag is available after that. I am pretty sure LJ is not playing for the Rookie minimum with the long term contract he signed. Priest helps with this situation if he wants to hold out. I think Carl really got this deal right for the Chiefs.

So I think we are fixed at running back for a while since we missed picking up Mike Cloud this last week.

Hoover
12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
If Priest want to play, I think we have to trade him. Let him go out and find a deal. And while I think he is one of the best running backs to play the game, I think if a team would be willing to send us a draft pick, like a 2nd or 3rd and the finances were right I'd do it and be happy for him.

I think a team like Philly would be crazy not to go after him. But they just inked Westbrook to a huge deal. The two of them would make a nice backfield IMO.

nychief
12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
neither.

CanadaKC
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
am pretty sure LJ is not playing for the Rookie minimum with the long term contract he signed. Priest helps with this situation if he wants to hold out. I think Carl really got this deal right for the Chiefs.

My only concern...and it's a legitimate one on two fronts....is that

a) LJ and his agent will want a contract a la Shaun Alexander cause they are 1-2 the best RB's in the league IMO....annd what Shaun gets next year long-term...LJ will want the same.

b) LJ doesn't want to play in KC...and will do what it takes to force a trade.

Rain Man
12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
If the Raiders could field both Marcus Allen and Tampa Bay running back Bo Jackson, then we can field Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson.

chief52
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Obviously, you get rid of niether of them. Didn't this season prove that??? It is so awesome to have those two. Notice how fresh Johnson is?

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
My only concern...and it's a legitimate one on two fronts....is that

a) LJ and his agent will want a contract a la Shaun Alexander cause they are 1-2 the best RB's in the league IMO....annd what Shaun gets next year long-term...LJ will want the same.

b) LJ doesn't want to play in KC...and will do what it takes to force a trade.

But I understood your question to be: What do we think will happen. I understand your concerns but Shaun and his agent were not dealing with Carl Peterson. I think the key is whether Priest does make a comeback, and I think he will. Carl will probably negotiate on his terms with them but if they try and back him in a corner, it might get ugly. If Priest does not return, then Carls hand is not nearly as strong. Also, Carl and LJ have a good relationship. KC just needs to find LJ a Chick that he does not want to hit, keep him mad and all will be good IMO.

JimNasium
12-06-2005, 06:54 PM
We've also got this very problem at other positions. We may need to trade Gonzo to make room for Kris Wilson as a starter.

nascher
12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Trade Priest lol we won't get anything for him and i am pretty sure that Priest won't play for another team.
If he comes back than he will be a chief but i am pretty sure now that he will retire.

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Can't we just trade CanadaKC to another message board?

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 07:01 PM
We've also got this very problem at other positions. We may need to trade Gonzo to make room for Kris Wilson as a starter.

I choked on my beer. ROFL

the Talking Can
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
uh...neither

Priest has no trade value...and he already said he'd be willing ot be the backup (though I doubt he returns)

LJ is the starter, now and forev...ah, until he gets a new agent...

CanadaKC
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Can't we just trade CanadaKC to another message board?

Dude...just trying to talk Chiefs football on a Chiefs BB board...don't know where that one came from. Anyways....I'm sure Priest will retire and LJ will be our starter next season...but things may not go that smoothly. Just trying to hypothetically think of different scenarios...and very possible ones at that. If you don't like them...read someone else's posts.

ChiefsFire
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Dude...just trying to talk Chiefs football on a Chiefs BB board...don't know where that one came from. Anyways....I'm sure Priest will retire and LJ will be our starter next season...but things may not go that smoothly. Just trying to hypothetically think of different scenarios...and very possible ones at that. If you don't like them...read someone else's posts.
dont feel bad 4th and short gets punchy anytime he hears "LJ"
LJ
LJ
LJ
LJ

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
But, but, but ... I like reading your posts. I don't want to read someone else's posts.

PS - Here's some Canadian coinage.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/captain_mail/root/april/penny.gifhttp://www.collectible-treasures.com/catalog/images/sm-item1448.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/FoxLoonie.jpg/180px-FoxLoonie.jpg

Plesae rush out and rent yourself a sense of humor, IMMEDIATELY! :p

Saulbadguy
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
It seemed like only 2 years ago when we saw all those "TRADE LARRY JOHNSON" threads.

I remember that was the cause of my first CP pile on.

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 07:18 PM
dont feel bad 4th and short gets punchy anytime he hears "LJ"
LJ
LJ
LJ
LJ
I'll show you "punchy," Mr. ... http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6626/ko1si.gif

:D

ChiefsFire
12-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I'll show you "punchy," Mr. ... http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6626/ko1si.gif

:D
:Pinky:

Calcountry
12-06-2005, 07:22 PM
It seemed like only 2 years ago when we saw all those "TRADE LARRY JOHNSON" threads.

I remember that was the cause of my first CP pile on.I never said trade him, just for him to STFU and wait his turn and that he would get it soon enough. You see, in his infantile mind, he wasted 2 years of his career by being sat out. In the real world of the NFL running back, you have about 5 good years on average, some less, some a bit more, but he will be used up at some point. We just left the fruit on the shelf until the other fruit was used up.

Sorry, but this is the "NFL and that stands for Not For Long".

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Trade LJ to Green Bay for samkon Gado,I hear that kids pretty good.Maybe they will throw Favre in to for our QBOTF.

If the the pack wont go for it,lets pressure the Jets to give us back blaylock.He know the system right.

That sounds like a plan,LJ for Blaylock and.....and... Pennington,yeah Pennington,Hes good right...yeah....and maybe they throw in Herm...yeah thats it........Blaylock,Pennington and Herm for LJ Roaf and Priest.Yeah Thats the ticket!!!!

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
4th that new sig is AWESOME!!!!!

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 07:38 PM
We just left the fruit on the shelf until the other fruit was used up.

We have gay running backs?

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
We have gay running backs?
Bob Dole was about to ask the same question.

Please stop attacking Bob Dole's points before Bob Dole has a chance to post them.

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
4th that new sig is AWESOME!!!!!
Just a little Photoshop handywork. No big deal, but thanks. :)