PDA

View Full Version : Different Analysis

carlos3652
12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I broke down the Chiefs opponents by quarter, dont think anyone cares...

First Quarter - 2-2

vs Jets W 2-10 (started 2-3 - lost 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks)
@ Oakland W 4-8 (0-5 vs AFC WEST opp who are a combined 25-11)
@ Denver L 9-3, (currently a #2 seed, 6-0 @ home)
vs Philly L 5-7 (4-2 before meltdown with Mcnabb and TO/ Thank god they took out SD)

Second Quarter 3-1

vs Redskins W 6-6 (no help, 0-4 vs the AFC West / 6-2 otherwise)
@ Dolphins W 5-7 (3-3 @ home this season - BEAT SD PLEASE)
@ Chargers L 8-4 (4-2 @ home - 2 losses by a combined 6 points)
vs Raiders W***as above***

Third Quarter 3-1

@ Bills L 4-8 (4-2 @ home - 2 losses by a combined 12 points)
@ Texans W 1-11 (7 of the 11 losses - opps record 67-17)
vs Patriots W 7-5 (1-3 vs AFC West teams - 6-2 otherwise)
vs Broncos W ***as above***

Just thought I bring this up for no reason ... Discuss

I think we have a chance to make the playoffs...

Coach
12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
It's kinda funny where the majority of us were saying that the first 4 games were critical in terms of the Chiefs making the playoffs, where in reality, the last 4 games turns out to be THE critical games for the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs this year.

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 12:03 AM
It's kinda funny where the majority of us were saying that the first 4 games were critical in terms of the Chiefs making the playoffs, where in reality, the last 4 games turns out to be THE critical games for the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs this year.

Yea, I also remember hearing that if we were 8-4 at this point, we were going to have a really good chance to be contenders...

Halfcan
12-07-2005, 12:04 AM
The Bills and Eagles will be the killer if we don't. We should of beat the hell out of them if it was not for pathetic coaching.

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 12:07 AM
The Bills and Eagles will be the killer if we don't. We should of beat the hell out of them if it was not for pathetic coaching.

Sure we shoulda won those games, but we didnt, I think if you told any Chief fan at the beggining of the season 10-6, 11-5, we would have taken that in a heart beat...

BIG K
12-07-2005, 12:08 AM

True. Given the strength of schedule the Chief's face in the next four weeks, if they DO happen to make the playoff's, will any other team be more prepared to enter the playoffs? I admit I have not looked at all the other teams sched's but, I like the Chief's chances since they seem to be ascending and are getting everyone healthy at the most critical stage of the game...We have all seen how the Chief's react in the past when they coast into the playoffs.....

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 12:11 AM
We have won 6 of the last 8 games dropping both of the games on the road vs opp record of 8-4 @ home...

I think that we have been doing very well.

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 12:14 AM
We have won 6 of the last 8 games dropping both of the games on the road vs opp record of 8-4 @ home...

I think that we have been doing very well.

Oh and those 4 losses that our opp had @ home were against teams with a combined 31-17 (all playoff contenders/ 2 division leaders)

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 08:44 AM
bump for th morning crew...

Extra Point
12-07-2005, 08:59 AM

If you don't win early, you have to win later.... The first four games were critical regardless. Seeing the implosion of the Eagles, had we won that game alone, well, you know....20/20

milkman
12-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Watching this team progress through the season, I've been pissed at times.

But losing Wiilie for those 3 1/2-4 games really impacted the effectiveness of the offense, and Al didn't make the necessary adjustments.

Wellborne's early absense also had an impact.

On defense, Warfield's suspension hurt this team in the first 4 games, and losing Sims for all but 3 plays of the first game, until his return was a huge loss.

This team is getting healthy now, and when, not if, but when they win the next 4 games, they will make the playoffs, regardless of what the rest of the teams do.

At worst, they will be the #6 seed.

However, I believe that the Donkeys will lose to either the Ravens or the Bills in the next two weeks, and lose later to the Chargers.

If that happens, the Chiefs will be the #2 seed.

Warrior5
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
However, I believe that the Donkeys will lose to either the Ravens or the Bills in the next two weeks, and lose later to the Chargers.

We can hope the Ravens beat the Donks, but I certainly wouldn't put any $ on it. Maybe the Bills in Buffalo...

milkman
12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
We can hope the Ravens beat the Donks, but I certainly wouldn't put any $ on it. Maybe the Bills in Buffalo...

My memory may be fuzzy, but it seems like the Ravens have owned the Donkeys in the last 6-7 years.

Even without Ray-Ray, their defense is good enough to alter what the Donkeys like to do in the run game.

If the Donkeys have to start leaning on the Fake, then they will be in trouble.

Warrior5
12-07-2005, 09:12 AM
My memory may be fuzzy, but it seems like the Ravens have owned the Donkeys in the last 6-7 years.

Then may the ownage continue!

ct
12-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Denver losing @BUF we can at least hope for, they are much better at home. Any hope for Baltimore to upset Denver in Incestco is a pipe dream, to put it nicely.

The season finale @San Diego could be a huge battle. Say, for speculation purposes, that KC has swept it's next 3 games, and Denver did in fact lost @Buffalo. At that point, we will have the same record, but Denver still has TB edge with division record. So the division crown, and possibly the #2 seed and a 1st round BYE will be on the line for Denver. San Diego on the other hand, will likely have lost to Indy, and we've already speculated that they lost to KC, so they are in must win mode to get a wild card. The only IF is that Jacksonville must have lost a game along the way, or else the Chargers will have nothing on the line other than Marty playing spoiler on Shanahan.

keg in kc
12-07-2005, 09:32 AM
But losing Wiilie for those 3 1/2-4 games really impacted the effectiveness of the offense, and Al didn't make the necessary adjustments.Kind of ridiculous to talk about losing Willie in one breath and then talk about a lack of necessary adjustments in the next. I'm not sure if that's some kind of anti-Saunders hard-on or what, but the thing is, you don't make "adjustments" when you're going from Roaf to Black. We're talking going from a hall-of-famer to the sixth or seventh body on the depth chart if he's lucky. He's not even an established veteran player, and he's thrown in at left tackle. What do you do in that situation? Bend over and hope they're courteous enough to give you a reach-around.

Chiefnj
12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Kind of ridiculous to talk about losing Willie in one breath and then talk about a lack of necessary adjustments in the next. I'm not sure if that's some kind of anti-Saunders hard-on or what, but the thing is, you don't make "adjustments" when you're going from Roaf to Black. We're talking going from a hall-of-famer to the sixth or seventh body on the depth chart if he's lucky. He's not even an established veteran player, and he's thrown in at left tackle. What do you do in that situation? Bend over and hope they're courteous enough to give you a reach-around.

Excellent. You also have to remember that Welbourne was out for 4 games as well. Two inexperienced tackles getting your QB killed - not a good situation. Saunders did what he had to - kept the TE's in for protection. The bad thing is that Gonzo is KC's #1 receiver. Without his threat it wasn't difficult for defenses to shut down Eddie and back up receivers with Parker also out.

Chris Meck
12-07-2005, 10:43 AM
ahh, and two inexperienced tackles is exactly what Dallas is playing right now.

Coach
12-07-2005, 10:51 AM
ahh, and two inexperienced tackles is exactly what Dallas is playing right now.

And they're suffering the consequences, just like KC did early during the season.

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
hope we can take advantage of that...

RINGLEADER
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
No way Denver loses at Buffalo...