PDA

View Full Version : Will a Dallas loss cause you to jump off the playoff bandwagon?

B_Ambuehl
12-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Just to prepare for the possible implosion i'm sensing next sunday night.

KcMizzou
12-07-2005, 10:55 AM
No

Chiefnj
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll hope they can still back into the playoffs, but the reality is if they can't beat Dallas or the Bills on the road in the regular season they aren't going to beat a playoff team on the road in the post season.

Coogs
12-07-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll hope they can still back into the playoffs, but the reality is if they can't beat Dallas or the Bills on the road in the regular season they aren't going to beat a playoff team on the road in the post season.

Exactly!

MichaelH
12-07-2005, 11:02 AM
I haven't jumped off the bandwagon in twenty some years. If we were to lose after leading by 2 TD's at halftime, let it be known that I will be slightly irritable. I might get upset because I think we need to win out and it means the inconsistent team is back.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
No. But we need to split the road games.

pikesome
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I think we'll have a hard time getting in if the Cowboys beat us but I have no plans to get off the wagon. Rooted for the Chiefs in years where they molested Fido worse.

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
if we cant beat good NFC tams on the road we are not going to beat elite AFC teams on the road in the playoffs...

chiefsfolife
12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
bandwagon????? I've been saying were gonna make all year long and will continue to do so no matter what happens...who the hell are you

Rain Man
12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
A Dallas loss would thrill me. That would move us up to 9-4.

Archie Bunker
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
A Dallas loss would thrill me. That would move us up to 9-4.
ROFL

FringeNC
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
if we cant beat good NFC tams on the road we are not going to beat elite AFC teams on the road in the playoffs...

Those are my sentiments, too. We can certainly make the playoffs if we lose to Dallas, but it doesn't bode well for us winning a playoff game on the road.

We are taking the NFL's #1 (technically, #2, but that includes all those games with Black) offense into Dallas, a team that averages just 3.3 yards per carry. We are 5-1 when Willie Roaf plays. I think we beat Dallas.

By the way, Dallas has some weird play-calling / strategy. Despite averaging only the 3.3 ypc, only Atlanta has run the ball more times than Dallas. Dallas hasn't quite figured out that they suck running the ball.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Parcells loves to run the ball, that's why.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
It's not so much losing to Dallas....as the significance of this game, in general: a road game against a decent team, after we've allegedly "turned the courner" and are poised for the "stretch run."

We have to get pressure on Bledsoe, and control the clock. IF we do that, we should be in good shape. If we have turnovers, and can't get to Bledsoe....we could be in for a let-down.

StcChief
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
No. Tie breaker with Dungver would favor them, SD only.

AFC/Division games are more important.
Beat SD, Cincy
NYG too.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Most likely...it would be too uphill a battle to make the playoffs after that.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Seeing as I'm not on the playoff bandwagon, no. I don't think the Chiefs will make the playoffs this year. Too many teams with easier schedules and tie breakers over us.

Rausch
12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
If we can't beat Dallas I don't know how we'll beat the Chargers.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I voted yes. IMO, Dallas is the easiest team left on our schedule, and if we can't beat them, I doubt we'll be able to beat enough of the remaining teams to make the play-offs.

That being said, I think we'll beat Dallas like a drum.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:20 PM

Home field advantage...

Rausch
12-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Seeing as I'm not on the playoff bandwagon, no. I don't think the Chiefs will make the playoffs this year. Too many teams with easier schedules and tie breakers over us.

If we do make it we've already beaten at least three playoff teams.

That bodes well for winning once we get there...

Extra Point
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
The best way to cook the Tuna is to take away the short pass and the run up the middle. Kaveeka Mitchell will have his hands full this Sunday. Wesley will have to scoot up and make some tackles. Allen and Hicks (?) will have to scape and contain, looking for the short pass in the backfield.

Just a few thoughts.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:22 PM

Damn I hope so...that win over Houston was a long time ago

nmt1
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM

True but I'm not so sure we're going to win these next two games. We've stunk it up on the road this year with the exception of the Miami game(the Houston game doesn't count because they suck so bad). We are a different team on the road. I could see us losing both NFC games and winning both AFC games.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
True but I'm not so sure we're going to win these next two games. We've stunk it up on the road this year with the exception of the Miami game(the Houston game doesn't count because they suck so bad). We are a different team on the road. I could see us losing both NFC games and winning both AFC games.

Lot you know, you sat there and told me that KC was going to lose to Denver on Sunday too.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Lot you know, you sat there and told me that KC was going to lose to Denver on Sunday too.

Yes, I did and I was wrong. Those games earlier this season have made me jaded and pessimistic. Playing at Arrowhead is much different than playing at Dallas or New York.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes, I did and I was wrong. Those games earlier this season have made me jaded and pessimistic. Playing at Arrowhead is much different than playing at Dallas or New York.

Yeah, you sound like Laz on gameday.

FringeNC
12-07-2005, 12:32 PM
The best way to cook the Tuna is to take away the short pass and the run up the middle. Kaveeka Mitchell will have his hands full this Sunday. Wesley will have to scoot up and make some tackles. Allen and Hicks (?) will have to scape and contain, looking for the short pass in the backfield.

Just a few thoughts.

I agree. We just can't let Dallas nickle and dime their way down the field, and take 7 minutes off the clock. In other words, no soft zones.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, you sound like Laz on gameday.

At least I'm no lemming.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
At least I'm no lemming.

It's company man, you moron.

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm always on the bandwagon.

As far as being optimistic about our chances... I think we need to be 3-1 the rest of the way and not have the loss come to San Diego. If we mess that up then I'll be off the optimist wagon.

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised we don't have any 'tank it for draft picks' votes.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 12:39 PM

I'm and idiot.

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2005, 12:41 PM

The Giants and Bengals too

Iowanian
12-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm not exactly "on" the playoff bandwagon yet.

The Chiefs have put together a good streak of wins, are healthier and playing pretty well, but they've folded and lost to 2 bad teams they should hAve beaten. I'm thrilled with the Donkey win, but the fact is, Dungver is still winning the division without help, Sandy Eggo is a contender for that as well as the wc spot and the Chiefs will need to beat them.

I'm thrilled with the last week, but the Chiefs have a long road ahead in a short 4 weeks to qualify...beating good teams to do it.

If they go 3/4 and get a spot.....I'll believe.

siberian khatru
12-07-2005, 12:48 PM

It's moran, you looser.

htismaqe
12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
If they lose to Dallas, they MUST beat New York.

So no, if they lose to Dallas, I'm not off the bandwagon. But if they lose to BOTH Dallas and New York, then it's over...

Logical
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I am sorry but what kind of drugs are the 26 people who answered

No, the Dallas game means very little - We'll still make the playoffs

taking? I think they must be better than crack.

cdcox
12-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I won't go so far as to say it means very litte (that would be stupid) but it doesn't doom our playoff chances. Hurts yes, dooms no. Also if they play really badly it could lower my opinion of their ability to win enough games to qualify.

tk13
12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
No way. As long as we split the road games, we'll be in a position to finish out at home. Win at home, split on the road. That's what playoff teams do.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
im no bandwagon fan - but i do enjoy the ride.

phxchief
12-07-2005, 02:48 PM
No. I've broken down the scenarios and it's more than possible we make it with two road losses, let alone 1.

phxchief
12-07-2005, 02:50 PM
No. But we need to split the road games.

Not really.

Puts us in great position, but imagine:

@ DAL = L
@ NYG = L

SD is going to lose @ Indy and be 1 up on us.

What does that mean? We have to do the more important thing than win on the road - protect our house and beat SD in the meantime.

Split is nice, 0-for-2 is still not the end of the world even though the media would portray it that way.

Chiefnj
12-07-2005, 02:55 PM
If KC and Pitt end up with the same record, who would get the final wildcard spot between them?

phxchief
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
If KC and Pitt end up with the same record, who would get the final wildcard spot between them?

KC has more AFC wins at this stage and should finish with more, too.

htismaqe
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Not really.

Puts us in great position, but imagine:

@ DAL = L
@ NYG = L

SD is going to lose @ Indy and be 1 up on us.

What does that mean? We have to do the more important thing than win on the road - protect our house and beat SD in the meantime.

Split is nice, 0-for-2 is still not the end of the world even though the media would portray it that way.

If we lose both road games, we can finish no better than 10-6. But I'll go one further - if we lose both road games, we'll lose 1 home game too.

If you think we're gonna make the playoffs after losing both road games, you're on crack.

phxchief
12-07-2005, 02:59 PM
If you think we're gonna make the playoffs after losing both road games, you're on crack.

I didn't say it will happen, I said it's a possibility. If you don't think so, you're on crack.

Look at the schedules. SD is going 1-1 whilst we may go a possible 0-2 on the road, and Pittsburgh may well go 0-2, and highly unlikely go 2-0. 1-1 puts them STILL behind us.

A little less ESPN and a little more pure facts would do wonders for some people.

Just like everyone will jump ship if we go 0-2 on the road, everyone would call us to make the playoffs if we had 2 home games coming up and won both.

Both of the above scenarios is stupid. There are 4 games left, not 2.

Sully
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I may hop off the bandwagon if we lose the coin flip.

KChiefsQT
12-07-2005, 03:01 PM
While I don't think this game is necessarily do or die. We need to prove that we can infact go on the road and beat a quality team. This week and next week will be the test. Let's go fling some 'boys shit around!!!!!!!!!

tk13
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
If we lose both road games, we can finish no better than 10-6. But I'll go one further - if we lose both road games, we'll lose 1 home game too.

Saying he's on crack is really quite a stretch. It would obviously make it more difficult, but the SD game is the key. We lose that and we're screwed. But if we beat SD, they'd have to beat Denver to have a chance to pass us. And that doesn't even include that they have to play Indy. And Pittsburgh would have to run the table to pass us. We would not be close to dead if we lose the next two... more vulnerable, but not dead at all.

KChiefsQT
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Saying he's on crack is really quite a stretch. It would obviously make it more difficult, but the SD game is the key. We lose that and we're screwed. But if we beat SD, they'd have to beat Denver to have a chance to pass us. And that doesn't even include that they have to play Indy. And Pittsburgh would have to run the table to pass us. We would not be close to dead if we lose the next two... more vulnerable, but not dead at all.
We're gonna get those Sandy Eggos this time around.... and pay back Merriman for putting that hit on our Priest.