View Full Version : Air Marshall fires gun on American Airlines flight

KingPriest2
12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
30 minutes ago.

At the gate at Miami's Airport

www.cnn.com and Fox news

unlurking
12-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Damn. That's what you get flying from Columbia.

Hoover
12-07-2005, 01:52 PM
so not really on a flight, huge difference.

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Great!! Just what family and friends need to think about while flying during the holiday season.

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
That was a little misleading, no? Big difference firing in the gate area versus on an actual flight.

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
That was a little misleading, no? Big difference firing in the gate area versus on an actual flight.

Relax, Once you open it, it clearly spells out specifics. I mean god isn't it bad enough to threaten to have a bomb even if the plane HAS landed. Beside he didn't say DURING the flight. No offense to you. I am just saying...

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Uhh.. not on the airplane... that's kind of an integral part of the story.

---

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Federal air marshals shot and wounded a man on a boarding bridge at Miami International Airport after he said he had a bomb, federal officials told CNN.

He was confronted by a team of federal air marshals, who pursued the man down the boarding bridge and ordered him to get on the ground, the official said.

When the man appeared to reach into his baggage, at least one shot was fired by the marshals, wounding the man, the official said, adding that marshals' actions were consistent with their training.

I would have shot him too.

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Uhh.. not on the airplane... that's kind of an integral part of the story.

---

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Federal air marshals shot and wounded a man on a boarding bridge at Miami International Airport after he said he had a bomb, federal officials told CNN.

You ought to get shot for saying that :rolleyes:

Can't you focus on the raw story here? I mean boarding bridge is still part of the flight. Flight is the whole process once you leave each airport. It is not just in the air. If the guy had or has a bomb it still explodes the same. Right? Besides the area of focus should be on the idiot at Miami Airport not the "Postee". Correct? I still love you Cochise in a brotherly, "Chiefs-Fan" kinda way though. STFU

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Relax, Once you open it, it clearly spells out specifics. I mean god isn't it bad enough to threaten to have a bomb even if the plane HAS landed. Beside he didn't say DURING the flight. No offense to you. I am just saying...

Relax?

OK.

Now, I'm relaxed.

Kind of a misleading header, dontcha think?

:rolleyes:

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Relax?

OK.

Now, I'm relaxed.

Kind of a misleading header, dontcha think?

:rolleyes:

I am saying lets focus on the potential problem at hand with this idiot in Miami. Hopefully, he will get in a lot of trouble for this. Even if there was no bomb.

Sydd
12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Say you have a bomb, then reach for your bag when ordered down by armed marshals? I would have dropped him also, and there probably would have been more than one shot fired.

Sydd
12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
CNN is now reporting that the guy died. They did not find any evidence of a bomb.

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:44 PM
CNN is now reporting that the guy died. They did not find any evidence of a bomb.

GREAT!

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Can't you focus on the raw story here? I mean boarding bridge is still part of the flight. Flight is the whole process once you leave each airport. It is not just in the air. If the guy had or has a bomb it still explodes the same. Right? Besides the area of focus should be on the idiot at Miami Airport not the "Postee". Correct? I still love you Cochise in a brotherly, "Chiefs-Fan" kinda way though. STFU

The thread title implies some passengers-in-danger drama in midair during a flight with shots being fired. Maybe it wasn't KingPriests' own words and CNN was sensationalizing it at the start or something.

Some jackrag spouting off about a bomb he didn't really have on the jetway and getting blasted is not nearly the same thing. Just another candidate for the Darwin Awards

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I am saying lets focus on the potential problem at hand with this idiot in Miami. Hopefully, he will get in a lot of trouble for this. Even if there was no bomb.

What? Focus?

Focus on what his header said :Air Marshall fires gun on American Airlines flight

Flight? No. Flight suggest the gun was fired while the plane was in the air (flight).

WTF am I arguing with you? :)

Sully
12-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Misleading title in order to sensationalize and attract more readers" room?

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 02:53 PM
What? Focus?

Focus on what his header said :Air Marshall fires gun on American Airlines flight

Flight? No. Flight suggest the gun was fired while the plane was in the air (flight).

WTF am I arguing with you? :)

Does his post mean I can go stand on the jetway at KCI and accumulate frequent flyer miles?

After all, if you're on the jetway that counts as being "on a flight"

KChiefsQT
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
He was on FLIGHT at one point, no???

Lord...if we bitched this much about misleading headers we'd be bitching on over half the threads posted.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Now one passenger is reported dead. The man with the "bomb" right???

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
The thread title implies some passengers-in-danger drama in midair during a flight with shots being fired. Maybe it wasn't KingPriests' own words and CNN was sensationalizing it at the start or something.

Some jackrag spouting off about a bomb he didn't really have on the jetway and getting blasted is not nearly the same thing. Just another candidate for the Darwin Awards

A flight is a flight the total-deal. Airport to Airport. Fortunately, No. the guy hadn't a bomb. How does the title imply in the air. It doen't say "FLIGHT IN AIR" a flight is the whole package. Like I said, "Airport to Airport". I am glad the genius got shot. He deserves it. Hopefully it will set an example that others to potentially follow will suffer the same. :hmmm:

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Lord...if we bitched this much about misleading headers we'd be bitching on over half the threads posted.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Now one passenger is reported dead. The man with the "bomb" right???

AMEN!!

Yeah "King-Priest" dont take that.

LOL

KChiefsQT
12-07-2005, 02:59 PM
A flight is a flight the total-deal. Airport to Airport. Fortunately, No. the guy hadn't a bomb. How does the title imply in the air. It doen't say "FLIGHT IN AIR" a flight is the whole package. Like I said, "Airport to Airport". I am glad the genius got shot. He deserves it. Hopefully it will set an example that others to potentially follow will suffer the same. :hmmm:

My thought exactly.. glad air marshall's are not sugar coating things here. If someone is dumb enough to report he has a bomb ... deserves to be shot dead. I actually feel safer now. :)

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM

CNN MISLEADING imagin that

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Since we are redefining the world flight... if I'm standing at the ticket counter am I on the flight? What about at baggage claim? If I'm sitting on the throne in a bathroom in the next terminal, am I still on a flight as long as I have a ticket? What about if I'm passed out drunk in my car in the economy parking lot 2 miles away? Am I still on a flight if I have a ticket for some point in the past or future? Hell am I on a flight in my cubicle right now if I'm on the airport grounds?

ROFL

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Does his post mean I can go stand on the jetway at KCI and accumulate frequent flyer miles?

After all, if you're on the jetway that counts as being "on a flight"

Yep, because of these new rules, I have enough miles to fly around the world....First Class. I love Flight!

Hoover
12-07-2005, 03:05 PM
This is the best thread of the day!

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 03:06 PM

No, it was a man with a bag, who apparently had no interest in listening to the man with the gun. He was more interested in getting back to his "Flight".

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Yep, because of these new rules, I have enough miles to fly around the world....First Class. I love Flight!

Me too. Although the service leaves a little to be desired - I haven't seen the flight attendant in months.

Hoover
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
it all depends on your definition of the word "on"

listopencil
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
This story would have been a lot better had it happened on an American Airlines flight.

ChiTown
12-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Me too. Although the service leaves a little to be desired - I haven't seen the flight attendant in months.

Apparently, you are not flighting in the right spots.

BTW, the turbulence in my office is about to make me sick............or is that flatulence.......

Eleazar
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
...A witness said that the man frantically ran down the aisle of the Boeing 757 and that a woman with him said he was mentally ill.

...Passenger Mary Gardner told WTVJ in Miami that the man ran down the aisle from the rear of the plane. "He was frantic, his arms flailing in the air," she said. She said a woman followed, shouting, "My husband! My husband!" ...Gardner said she heard the woman say her husband was bipolar and had not had his medication.

Alright, genious award in the mail for taking a mentally ill person who is off their medication onto an airplane.

Simply Red
12-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Alright, genious award in the mail for taking a mentally ill person who is off their medication onto an airplane.

AGREE, NICE WORK COCHISE. :)

jspchief
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
This is bullshit.

In 1992, on spring break, when I slept in and got to the airport late, they told me I had missed my flight. I was at the airport on time, just not on the plane when it took off. Clearly I was on my flight, yet those communists told me I missed it.

It was a misleading thread title.

angel
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I was a little upset at the thread title seeing as how I just booked an American Airline flight this morning... but since it wasn't on the flight, I'm feeling better about having non-refundable AA tickets

Area 51
12-08-2005, 07:26 AM

So you are saying that the Air Marshall shouldn't have shot him?

The facts are that the guy claimed he had a bomb and reached into the bag he supposedly was carrying it in. To wait could have cost many lives should the guy had a bomb. Wacko or not, if someone claims they have a bomb in a plane or in an airport where there are lots of travelers you op for the kill, sad but true.

Sydd
12-08-2005, 09:51 AM

The facts are that the guy claimed he had a bomb and reached into the bag he supposedly was carrying it in. To wait could have cost many lives should the guy had a bomb. Wacko or not, if someone claims they have a bomb in a plane or in an airport where there are lots of travelers you op for the kill, sad but true.

Not at all. See my post before that one. I do feel bad that the guy had mental problems, but you say you have a bomb anywhere near a plane, then reach into a bag, you should get dropped. Like I said, I would have shot more than once in that case.

Area 51
12-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Not at all. See my post before that one. I do feel bad that the guy had mental problems, but you say you have a bomb anywhere near a plane, then reach into a bag, you should get dropped. Like I said, I would have shot more than once in that case.

Sorry if I jumped the gun, so to speak.

If you are an Air Marshall you aren't supposed to have to shoot more than once. Their shooting ability has to be something like being able to hit a 6 inch diameter target 6 times in 7 seconds at the length of a plane. The early days of recruiting were difficult as they had somewhere around 75% washouts just from weapons qualifications.

Sydd
12-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Sorry if I jumped the gun, so to speak.

If you are an Air Marshall you aren't supposed to have to shoot more than once. Their shooting ability has to be something like being able to hit a 6 inch diameter target 6 times in 7 seconds at the length of a plane. The early days of recruiting were difficult as they had somewhere around 75% washouts just from weapons qualifications.

Heh... no problem.

Don't the Air Marshals have to use some kind of aluminium bullets that won't penetrate a plane in flight? I read that sometime after 9/11 with all the talk about arming the pilots.

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Who the **** is Simply Red?

I am definately not your daddy. RETARD BABY!!!

Frazod
12-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Speaking of air mishaps...

A plane that landed at Chicago Midway Airport in heavy snow skidded off the runway, through a fence and into an intersection, hitting several cars. 11 people on the ground injured, some critically. This happened earlier this evening.

I doubt if any automotive crash test ratings take into account getting run over by a friggin passenger jet. :eek:

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 10:07 PM

A plane that landed at Chicago Midway Airport in heavy snow skidded off the runway, through a fence and into an intersection, hitting several cars. 11 people on the ground injured, some critically. This happened earlier this evening.

I doubt if any automotive crash test ratings take into account getting run over by a friggin passenger jet. :eek:

Frazod,

WOW!!! thanks for the update.. I think it is the weathers fault. God it is awful out. Almost no-matter where you live. Tonight...

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Who the **** is Simply Red?

Sorry you STUD!!

You are a little more of a seasoned Chiefs Planeter than myself. YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!!!! you can ask who I am. You are sooo cooooollll!!! You little web-master you. HEY.. How about growing up a little? Not a bad idea huh? You and your little GI retard baby....

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah... I suppose that would require you to have a penis.

I am not fighting any longer with my so called fellow Chief-fan. Seriously, I said nothing to you, offending, prior to you acting-out. So lets just forget it. We are both Chiefs fans. Quit using this as an outlet for nonsense.

Katipan
12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
You are pretty cool, Delt.

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Using ChiefsPlanet as an outlet for nonsense is encouraged.

okay, FINE! Then go breast-feed your little, CORKY-SON.

ChiTown
12-08-2005, 10:21 PM
He's not even really mine.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

fn deadbeat

Valiant
12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Guy prolley had a deathwish...

Frazod
12-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Guy prolley had a deathwish...

Either that or was just nuts.

chief52
12-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Either that or was just nuts.

and picked a bad time to go nuts.

Here's to our Marshalls...

Raiderhater
12-09-2005, 01:15 AM

I don't see where he said that. That may, or may not, be his belief, but he didn't say it.

ClevelandChief
12-09-2005, 03:11 AM

Wonder if the people in the cars that died were wearing seatbelts.

chasedude
12-09-2005, 08:43 AM
A Six Year old died from that