PDA

View Full Version : I've been doing some thinking about bathrooms.

Rain Man
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
We've got separate men's and women's bathrooms pretty much everywhere, and I can see why, given current bathroom architecture: urinals out in the open, stall walls that don't go all the way to the ground, etc.

While it's not an issue in big, busy bathrooms like Arrowhead Stadium, it's a waste of space and fixtures in most typical office or work environments. What's wrong with putting the stall walls all the way to the ground so that underwear and feet aren't visible, and adding a little "occupied/unoccupied" dealybob that rotates when someone locks the door? Urinals could be in a similar type of privacy enclosure.

This would save a lot of space and cost in most work environments, and I see no reason why both genders can't share a sink and washup area. Maybe this wouldn't work in night clubs, where different genders may need private primping areas as well as private spaces for Panthers cheerleaders, but again, I'm talking about your typical office or work environment where bathrooms are usually running at about 10 percent of capacity.

What do you think? Would this bother you? Or would it be no big deal?

chagrin
12-08-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm all for sharing

Saulbadguy
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
What's wrong with putting the stall walls all the way to the ground so that underwear and feet aren't visible, and adding a little "occupied/unoccupied" dealybob that rotates when someone locks the door?
Can we change the subject?

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm dead set against dealybobs.

siberian khatru
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Because women don't want you to hear the sounds they make when dropping a load.

Donger
12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
We've got separate men's and women's bathrooms pretty much everywhere, and I can see why, given current bathroom architecture: urinals out in the open, stall walls that don't go all the way to the ground, etc.

While it's not an issue in big, busy bathrooms like Arrowhead Stadium, it's a waste of space and fixtures in most typical office or work environments. What's wrong with putting the stall walls all the way to the ground so that underwear and feet aren't visible, and adding a little "occupied/unoccupied" dealybob that rotates when someone locks the door? Urinals could be in a similar type of privacy enclosure.

This would save a lot of space and cost in most work environments, and I see no reason why both genders can't share a sink and washup area. Maybe this wouldn't work in night clubs, where different genders may need private primping areas as well as private spaces for Panthers cheerleaders, but again, I'm talking about your typical office or work environment where bathrooms are usually running at about 10 percent of capacity.

What do you think? Would this bother you? Or would it be no big deal?

There's no way that females would want a strange man next to them taking a dump.

That, and since women go to the restroom in clumps of women, I don't think this idea will fly.

cmh6476
12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Because women don't want you to hear the sounds they make when dropping a load.
plus their shit stinks

JohninGpt
12-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know how I would react to a woman in the stall next to me taking a big, nasty, smelly, gassy, noisy Taco dump.

Rain Man
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
I think it's just a habit that could easily change. It's like pumping our own gas; once an economic argument was made, we all stopped expecting a service station attendant to come out.

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Women can BUHLOW UP a head 10 times worse than a guy...no thanks. The last male only bastion in the entire world--the throne room--should stay that way.

Rain Man
12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm dead set against dealybobs.

I'll have you know that the dealybob sector employees several thousand hard-working Americans.

Simplex3
12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd go the other way and make totally seperate bathrooms much like you have at home. Here's the critical part: They must each have their own ventilation system. I'm tired of walking in and being assaulted by a green cloud of disgust. Also, if you're one of those guys that DOES destroy the air quality for the rest of us: stay in your f**king stall until we're all gone. We don't need to be able to associate a smell to the face.

More importantly and more easily solved: Lift the lid before you piss. How many times have you gone into a restroom to take a crap only to find some inconsiderate a**hole was too lazy to pick up the lid and too stupid to keep from pissing all over the seat? Earth to you "I'm in a hurry" motherf**kers, if you're that inconsiderate the odds are you aren't that important, either.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
There's no way that females would want a strange man next to them taking a dump.

That, and since women go to the restroom in clumps of women, I don't think this idea will fly.
How many women are in a clump?

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 10:30 AM
I'll have you know that the dealybob sector employees several thousand hard-working Americans.

I hate the dealybob employees for one reason...they took over and destoryed the doohickey business and my father was a doohickey employee.

DOWN with dealybobs!

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I think you are just pimping dealybobs just like you did the cat industry.

Donger
12-08-2005, 10:32 AM

More than one.

chiefs4me
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
No, the answer is NO.........:D

Simplex3
12-08-2005, 10:35 AM
No, the answer is NO.........:D
For you pervs thinking you're going to be crapping next to Heather Locklear, here's your reality check.

JohninGpt
12-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Depends on how tightly you compress them.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
For you pervs thinking you're going to be crapping next to Heather Locklear, here's your reality check.
Good one!!!

Simplex3
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
A clump of women will contain every woman in the room you want to bang plus the one you just pissed off.

chiefs4me
12-08-2005, 10:48 AM

that's really funny....especailly since I have seen most of the guys pictures on here............actually too funny......ROFL

chagrin
12-08-2005, 10:50 AM

wha, is that you meme?

AARRRRGH!!!
:Lin:

chagrin
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
No, I don't have a square, I don't have a sqare to spare

Zebedee DuBois
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I would prefer all restrooms to be single occupancy.
I don't like being walked in on while creating a work of art.

HemiEd
12-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Not one of the better ideas I have heard lately, but nice try. It would really be too much to tolerate, having perfume sprayed in the John.

Zebedee DuBois
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
While this idea may be cost effective, it runs counter to societal norms.

Bathroom activity carries with it a certain vulnerability.

Think back to your dating days and the progression of your intimacy. Farting in the presence of a prospective mate probably occured much latter in the progression - after other intimate moments like kissing, or sex, or professing "love".

Now, you may say that this doesn't apply to the work place. BUT... this preservation of modesty does apply. Subconsciously, we treat members of the opposite sex with some of the same courtesies that occur in courtship. Unconsciously, we know that if there were a nuclear attack, you and a previously undesirable coworker may be the only two survivors.

C-Mac
12-08-2005, 11:21 AM
John Crapper would have been proud to be part of this thread. :(

Amnorix
12-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Clicking on this thread while eating lunch is one of my less brilliant ideas...

SLAG
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
My 2 Cents....

I would not want the Mens Room to smell with some dirty skanks period.

Remember the Bears can Smell the Menstration...