PDA

View Full Version : Victor Riley released by Texans.

Bootlegged
12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
www.kffl.com

Texans | Riley released
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 05:38:18 -0800

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released OL Victor Riley.

ROFL

He really panned out

HemiEd
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
I would say this might be a low point in his NFL career.

jettio
12-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Cold business.

Riley has helped lay the foundation for the Texans' sprint down the homestretch and he won't even get to see the backsides of the 31 other teams in front.

Sure-Oz
12-08-2005, 10:30 AM
That is pretty bad when you get cut by the Texans as an OL'man when they need help.

siberian khatru
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
"Megan Manfull"?????

I think I rented a few of her videos.

gblowfish
12-08-2005, 10:32 AM
My guess is he'll go home and ram his wife and kid with his Navagator!

cmh6476
12-08-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3509894.html

The Texans made two significant lineup decisions today when they began preparations for Sunday’s game at Tennessee.

Right guard Victor Riley was placed on waivers and will be replaced in the starting lineup by Fred Weary.

"We're sitting here with a quarter of our season to go," coach Capers said. "We've got a young guy who's been with us in Fred Weary, who we've been deactivating. We just feel it's a good time to get Fred in there so we can get a good look at Fred here over the next four games."

Rookie C.C. Brown will start his second consecutive game at free safety in place of Marcus Coleman, who was deactivated for Sunday’s loss to Baltimore because he missed the Saturday morning walk-through.

Coleman, a 10-year veteran who has been the starter when healthy since he came to the Texans in 2002, will become a backup for the first time.

"Marcus will be a back-up safety for us," Capers said. "It's more that C.C. Brown went in and did a good job. He and Glenn worked good together. They are two young safeties. We're interested to see if they can follow the game up in Baltimore with another good game."

Brown, a sixth-round pick from Louisiana-Lafayette, started the first eight games at strong safety before being replaced by Glenn Earl. The coaches said Brown played well in place of Coleman on Sunday and deserves to remain in the lineup.

Weary, a third-round pick in 2002, started – in – but has been a forgotten man this season. Sunday will be the first time he’s stepped on the field.

siberian khatru
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Do you really want a football player named "Weary"? Wouldn't you have to constantly take him out of the game for rest? Or would you worry that he lacked the inner fire to compete?

Bootlegged
12-08-2005, 10:42 AM
"Megan Manfull"?????

Nicely done.

Crush
12-08-2005, 10:43 AM
ROFL

chagrin
12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Sign him! And then let's go get the cream of the crop, Joey Harrington!

Rain Man
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
That is pretty bad when you get cut by the Texans as an OL'man when they need help.

That's an excellent point.

I'm trying to figure out how you can go from starting left tackle to being cut in 12 games. That's not just a fast fall, it's a rocket-propelled fall.

JimNasium
12-08-2005, 12:33 PM
"Megan Manfull"?????

Just guessing that none of your girlfriends ever complained of being "Manfull". :shake:

jjchieffan
12-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Has Rileys career gone that bad? He wasn't that bad in KC. We need depth on the line, and he should be available cheap. He knows our system. Would it be good pickup, and if not, why not?

12-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Man talk about rock bottom. ROFL

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 02:06 AM
funny post Luv-I forgot about all that.

jjchieffan
12-11-2005, 02:11 AM
You know, Denvers D-line looked pretty sad in Cleveland. They sure look better in Denver. Could be the same with Riley. We was a capable starter here, the problem could be Houston, not him. He is as least good enough to displace one our backups. He plays RT, doesn't he?

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 02:33 AM
This just in- As reported by Ivanna Fukalot.

Taco Bell has just fired Victor Riley. The manager said "Victor did a great job rolling buritos, but could never understand the cash register. We have a kid named Go Chiefs we would like to give the opportunity to, he has been waiting, so we have to say goodbye to Victor."

Frankie
12-11-2005, 02:37 AM
You know, Denvers D-line looked pretty sad in Cleveland. They sure look better in Denver. Could be the same with Riley. We was a capable starter here, the problem could be Houston, not him. He is as least good enough to displace one our backups. He plays RT, doesn't he?
I have thought along those lines as well. I also think Riley was an OK lineman with the Chiefs and could be at least a reliable backup, if signed cheap.

Eleazar
12-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Stop printing playoff tickets!!