PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game of the Week - Chiefs - Broncos

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:02 PM
On NFL Network right now.

VonneMarie
12-08-2005, 08:04 PM
We really need this win to stay in the race.

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Strange to see Dewayne Washington giving our D the pre-game "speech". I'd think we would have a vocal leader in a position other than #4 CB.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Strange to see Dewayne Washington giving our D the pre-game "speech". I'd think we would have a vocal leader in a position other than #4 CB.
I thought the same thing. i had to stop and figure out who he was.

leviw
12-08-2005, 08:25 PM

It was just the DBs he was talking to, wasn't it? Either way, I kind of agree with you.

P.S. your boy Kris Wilson got his highlight in.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Heh, Lenny called that Van Pelt QB draw before the snap.

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Heh, Lenny called that Van Pelt QB draw before the snap.Anyone in their right mind would have expected that. Besides the fact that Van Pelt is very mobile, Shanarat would never trust his back-up to throw in an area where he can't even trust his starting QB to throw.

Too bad our D wasn't that smart.

kcfanXIII
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
i love this show. especialy when its kc winning. you guys hear plummer arguing with shannarat?

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey, Green DOES audible. We've been told otherwise.

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Heh. Lynch got owned on that long LJ run. Looked the the old Chiefs D.

JazzzLovr
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
:LOL: So Johnson's 30-yard run was all Lynch's fault? So does that mean that not only is Lynch a bitch, but he's Larry Johnson's bitch? :evil:

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
:LOL: So Johnson's 30-yard run was all Lynch's fault? So does that mean that not only is Lynch a bitch, but he's Larry Johnson's bitch? :evil:
He was that time. The Chiefs announcers said Lynch had enough speed to catch LJ. Yeah, right, after two other Donkeys hit him. Lynch could never catch LJ from behind otherwise.

tk13
12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
It was just the DBs he was talking to, wasn't it? Either way, I kind of agree with you.

P.S. your boy Kris Wilson got his highlight in.
He's really the most experienced veteran of the DB group. I would guess that probably has something to do with it.

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:55 PM
He's probably the most experienced veteran of the DB group. I would guess that probably has something to do with it.He's also the shortest tenured and least productive. Just not the type of player you normally expect to be rallying the troops.

Not a big deal, just a little odd.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
It was Mitchell who hit Anderson first on that 4th down stop.

Frazod
12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
That game was a lot more fun to watch knowing that we won at the end. :D

jspchief
12-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Sims was in on that final stop too.

I don't know how many snaps Sims played, but he seemed to be in on a lot of action. An added presence in the middle of the line could go a long way for our pass rush.

siberian khatru
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I was soooo proud of the D on the 4th down.

BTW, notice how NFL Films was ripping the Rat for his play calling in the second half?

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I was soooo proud of the D on the 4th down.

BTW, notice how NFL Films was ripping the Rat for his play calling in the second half?
Yeah, I liked that. It was puzzling he quit running Bell. He was ripping our D.

Megbert
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow I was able to eat during the "Game Of The Week" unlike on Sunday. Maybe because I knew the outcome?

petegz28
12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Mitchell arguably mde the game saving play on 3rd and 3 by making the tackle for only a 1 yrd gain and forcing them into the 4th and 2.

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm amazed how much Mitchell has improved in the last year. I was ready to shitcan him. Maybe the coaches know more about it than me. Imagine that!

kcfanXIII
12-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm amazed how much Mitchell has improved in the last year. I was ready to shitcan him. Maybe the coaches know more about it than me. Imagine that!
just like larry johnson looked like a bad pick...

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Mitchell arguably mde the game saving play on 3rd and 3 by making the tackle for only a 1 yrd gain and forcing them into the 4th and 2.
You could also argue that Trent Green made the game saving tackle.

jjjayb
12-08-2005, 09:36 PM
:cuss: Dangit I need to get cable. :cuss:

Somebody ship a tape of this to Dru so he can torrent it.

Coach
12-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Sims was in on that final stop too.

I don't know how many snaps Sims played, but he seemed to be in on a lot of action. An added presence in the middle of the line could go a long way for our pass rush.

I noticed when Sims was in, there was an improvement in the "push" in pass-rushing by the D-Line.

Hopefully that improvement keeps improving, and that our middle D-Line can generate some pressure. Granted, the Chiefs can bring the heat on the outside, but the middle is sorely lacking.

Hopefully Sims can change that.

HolyHandgernade
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I hadn't noticed that Warfield had tipped that Plummer pass that Surtain picked off. Great hustle. Also, I had forgotten how bogus that holding call was on Dunn! I can't wait for this Sunday!

-HH

Coach
12-08-2005, 09:46 PM

From the KC Star in September 9

Cunningham and Mitchell engaged in a face-to-face shouting match one day at practice in Wisconsin. Expletives were flying in both directions.

To Cunningham, hearing such talk from the mild-mannered Mitchell was sweet music.

"I walked away from that, and everybody saw me smile," Cunningham said. "That's when I knew he arrived."

Oh he arrived all right. He arrived with a big nasty streak that we have been sorely lacking for several years now. He arrived with a leadership standpoint that we have been missing since Maz went down.

Case in point.

Jake Plummer hit Kyle Johnson for a short pass on third and 3 at the Denver 45. Mitchell stopped Johnson after a 2-yard gain to force the 4th and 1 play. When Plummer threw it to Johnson, I was thinking "Oh s**t!" But lo and behold, Mitchell came out of nowhere and just blasted Johnson to force that 4th and 1. I was like "Wow, that was a real MLB play with power and speed." In the past, Mitchell would had missed that or tried to reach him instead of going for the kill.

jspchief
12-08-2005, 09:46 PM
I noticed when Sims was in, there was an improvement in the "push" in pass-rushing by the D-Line.

Hopefully that improvement keeps improving, and that our middle D-Line can generate some pressure. Granted, the Chiefs can bring the heat on the outside, but the middle is sorely lacking.

Hopefully Sims can change that.We do okay coming from the outside, but too often our blitzing LBs get picked up by the RB. If we can collapse the center of the pocket, it flushes the QB towards the edges where even a partially blocked blitzer/DE can create pressure.

More importantly, it might allow us to get pressure when we only bring 4, which could go a long way towards solidifying the weak areas of our pass coverage.

Dalton will also become a better DT if Sims can consistently play this way.

At this point, a warm body would probably upgrade our DT position. I'm giddy with the thought of what might happen if Sims actually starts playing like a #6 overall.

ferrarispider95
12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
who won?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2005, 09:50 PM
who won?

The team.

acasas4
12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
On NFL Network right now.Did we win?:p

ferrarispider95
12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
The team.
thanks for clearing that up, people stopped posting the action and I was getting worried

Nzoner
12-08-2005, 09:52 PM
That's two game of the weeks against AFC West foes on the NFL Network so far,here's to hoping for the hat trick come Christmas Eve.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2005, 09:53 PM
thanks for clearing that up, people stopped posting the action and I was getting worried

No problem.

Go team!

Coach
12-08-2005, 10:01 PM
We do okay coming from the outside, but too often our blitzing LBs get picked up by the RB. If we can collapse the center of the pocket, it flushes the QB towards the edges where even a partially blocked blitzer/DE can create pressure.

More importantly, it might allow us to get pressure when we only bring 4, which could go a long way towards solidifying the weak areas of our pass coverage.

Dalton will also become a better DT if Sims can consistently play this way.

At this point, a warm body would probably upgrade our DT position. I'm giddy with the thought of what might happen if Sims actually starts playing like a #6 overall.

I agree on the outside as well. I wasn't, by any means, saying that we do a fantastic job on the outside. Several times we did well, several times we missed. A hit or a miss I guess. But I do deftinaly agree that our blitzing LB's often get picked up by the RB's, and don't get to the QB. However, the point is to at least try to pressure the QB in anyway you can, even a blitzer is coming, and gets picked up, it's still on the QB's mind that there's an extra man coming.

I think the majority of us might be giddy with the thought of Sims actually producing like a #6 overall. Granted Sims has some issues in terms of being disciplined in staying in shape and all that. However, to place all the blame on Sims is somewhat absurd, considering that our former D-Coordinator was a shitty one at that.

Sims was just the poster boy for an overall team problem with performance that Cunningham had to work on in every single practice up to this point. Under Robinson, the defensive player were told to tag off on the ball carrier, meaning get to the ball and then touch the player on the hips during practice. Gunther, for the most part, was the oppisite of it.

Also, I can't remember what article it was, but there was the interview of Sims where he said that Robinson's defense was more of the D-linemen controlling the gaps instead of attacking it. Robinson was more interested in his linebackers reading and then going side to side.

beer bacon
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I liked that. It was puzzling he quit running Bell. He was ripping our D.

His first three runs were all 10+ yards, but he got stuffed on his last two. Still, if a guy averages 10+ yards a carry on his first three runs you would think it might be better to keep feeding him instead of the guy that is averaging less then three ypc.