PDA

View Full Version : What is WRONG with some people?

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 05:33 PM
For the second movie in a row (and second time in three weeks), I had a crying baby in the theater. First it was during Harry Potter, today it was Narnia.

W. T. F??????

WHY do people bring babies to movie theaters? WHY? If you can't f*cking afford a sitter, you can't f*cking afford the movie, bitch.

Are you just insanely selfish? Or are you so unsocialized that it doesn't even enter your pea-brain that a crying baby in a friggin movie theater MIGHT be a distraction to the other patrons?

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Archie Bunker
12-10-2005, 05:35 PM
I feel your pain. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Are you just insanely selfish?

You just hit the nail on the head. I too can not stand this all too common practice of bringing babies to movies. In fact, my daughter is just 2 months shy of her 3rd birthday and i took her to her first movie theater movie just a few weeks ago "Chicken Little" It makes ZERO sense to bring a baby to a movie like Narnia.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
That sucks-I had this posse of thugs talking on their cel phones when I went to the last Jet Li flick. They were pissed because it was subtitled and none of them could read. Finally about 20 folks told them to shut the F#ck up and they left. It almost sucks to go to a show on the weekend.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I used to do it to get revenge on the dumfuks that used to do it to me.

FringeNC
12-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Sitting next to one on a transatlantic flight is no picnic, either.

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 05:39 PM
That sucks-I had this posse of thugs talking on their cel phones when I went to the last Jet Li flick. They were pissed because it was subtitled and none of them could read. Finally about 20 folks told them to shut the F#ck up and they left. It almost sucks to go to a show on the weekend.

ROFL

Surprisingly, I haven't had any problems with cell phones in a long time. Maybe folks are finally getting the message on that. (Text message, no doubt.) But this baby shit's driving me nuts.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Sitting next to one on a transatlantic flight is no picnic, either.

Why the hell didn't they just check it with their luggage?

Deberg_1990
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
It almost sucks to go to a show on the weekend.

I believe this is one of the main reasons that DVD rentals and sales outperform Theater sales. People are just tired of this sort of nonsense, especially when you have to pay $8.00 or $9.00 a head these days.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Serious question,

how is the movie Narnia, siberian khatru?

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Wrong board, dude.

Yeah, I know.

siberian khatru
Serious question,

how is the movie Narnia, siberian khatru?

I thought it was very good, very close to the book. The battle will remind you a lot of LOTR. Plus, it takes a little while at the beginning to get going, which might be a drag for the uninitiated. But my boys, ages 10 and 6, loved it (the 10-year-old had read the book).

Halfcan
lol I will remember that Endnelt-damm you have an answer for everything-wise beyond your years.

DanT
12-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Perhaps somebody should have called 9-1-1 and let them know that there was someone inside a crowded movie theatre making alarming and incoherent demands on other customers and was being physically restrained by one of them in order to prevent trouble. ;)

Bugeater
12-10-2005, 07:04 PM
The only person worse than that is the a-hole who brings his toddler to the sports bar.

trndobrd
12-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Worse than crying was the alleged parents who sat behind me during Kill Bill Vol 1 with their 4 year old daughter. Through the entire second 2/3 of the movie the little girl just kept saying things like "this is scary" (Shhh!) "I don't like this Daddy, it's scary" (Shhh!) "Mommy, I don't like seeing this" (Sit still and be quiet!)

Happy nightmares sweetheart!

BigVE
12-10-2005, 08:07 PM
The baby thing is just as bad as the person who talks throughout the movie, the person who has the plastic wrappers being opened and the person who has to crunch his popcorn with his mouth open through the whole show.

12-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I just love it when it happens in a reated R movie. What the hell are they thinking. The only time I EVER expect to hear a baby cry is during a G movie when I take my younger kids to the movies.

Some people are just stupid.

Frazod
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
It should be illegal to do this. If some selfish assholes bring their howling brat to the movie I paid $20 for my wife and me to attend, and the howling brat ruins the movie, the selfish assholes should owe me $20. Me and everybody else.

Of course, that would require individuals and the theater to acknowledge the concepts of personal responsibility and common courtesy. God knows we can't have any of that.

Yet another reason I've only seen five movies in the theater this year. Between the outrageous ticket and concession prices and the idea of being surrounded by assholes who were raised by wolves, generally I'll wait six months for the DVD.

And the motion picture industry wonders why its losing money. :stupid:

12-10-2005, 08:21 PM
It should be illegal to do this. If some selfish assholes bring their howling brat to the movie I paid $20 for my wife and me to attend, and the howling brat ruins the movie, the selfish assholes should owe me $20. Me and everybody else.

Of course, that would require individuals and the theater to acknowledge the concepts of personal responsibility and common courtesy. God knows we can't have any of that.

Yet another reason I've only seen five movies in the theater this year. Between the outrageous ticket and concession prices and the idea of being surrounded by assholes who were raised by wolves, generally I'll wait six months for the DVD.

And the motion picture industry wonders why its losing money. :stupid:

The big screen is nice for the EPIC movies but I only care about the sound. Upgrade the home theatre system and enjoy DVDx. Plus, you can pause the movei to get your food and take a bathroom break.

Demonpenz
12-10-2005, 08:26 PM
the last movie i saw at the theatres was xmen the first one. I hate going to the movies.

Frazod
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll probably go see Chronicles of Narnia. I'll definitely go see King Kong. That'll be it for the year, for a grand total of seven movies in the theater (Star Wars twice, Batman, War of the Worlds and Harry Potter being the other five).

It takes a big deal movie that I don't want to wait six months to see to lure me into the theater and my money screaming out of my wallet.

Syriana looks really good, but it'll look just fine on my HDTV in May, too.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Syriana looks really good.

It's liberal trash.

12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
It's liberal trash.

Thats what I thought too.

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Worse than crying was the alleged parents who sat behind me during Kill Bill Vol 1 with their 4 year old daughter. Through the entire second 2/3 of the movie the little girl just kept saying things like "this is scary" (Shhh!) "I don't like this Daddy, it's scary" (Shhh!) "Mommy, I don't like seeing this" (Sit still and be quiet!)

:shake:

OK, that one beat mine.

I wish I were a confrontational person, so I could just look them dead in the eye and ask them what the hell they were thinking.

12-10-2005, 09:18 PM

OK, that one beat mine.

I wish I were a confrontational person, so I could just look them dead in the eye and ask them what the hell they were thinking.

OMG Nominate them for Parent of the Year, Then hang them with barbed wire.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 09:21 PM
I NEVER go to movies but if I did I would definately complain to management about it. Won't they put a stop to it?

12-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Management??? Hell no. They won't even give a damn about it.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Management??? Hell no. They won't even give a damn about it.
Then they would be refunding my money or that of the offending party.

12-10-2005, 09:33 PM
IN a perfect world. Of course, in a perfect world you wouldn't have to have dealt with it in the first place.

DTCHIEF4EVER
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
For the second movie in a row (and second time in three weeks), I had a crying baby in the theater. First it was during Harry Potter, today it was Narnia.

W. T. F??????

WHY do people bring babies to movie theaters? WHY? If you can't f*cking afford a sitter, you can't f*cking afford the movie, bitch.

Are you just insanely selfish? Or are you so unsocialized that it doesn't even enter your pea-brain that a crying baby in a friggin movie theater MIGHT be a distraction to the other patrons?

UHHHH, You better have kids. If not you are one lonely pup

KC Jones
12-10-2005, 10:20 PM

That's nothing - a couple brought their kids (presumably about 4 and 6) into a theater playing 8mm. For any of you that haven't seen it, this film is about the making of a snuff film (hardcore S&M film where someone is murdered on camera). They made those poor kids sit through the whole thing. It wasn't quite as bad as 7, but still that was a pretty dark and disturbing film. Unbelievable - I wanted to take their kids away and raise them myself.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I thought I'd been subject to everything in a theatre(babies,cell phones etc)and then when Saw came out a buddy and I went and a guy and a girl in their early 20's had brought two severely retarded people in wheelchairs with them.

I'm not making fun but the entire movie we sat through the loud moaning and groaning the people made and not once did the couple ever take them out.

I couldn't believe the management of the theatre did nothing to discourage them coming in.I felt sorry for the handicapped people and even more sorry for the couple that brought them because it was apparent no one ever taught them any common sense.

ChiTown
12-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I saw Syriana tonight. I'm happy to report there were no crying babies.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2005, 11:29 PM
I saw Syriana tonight. I'm happy to report there were no crying babies.

Except the ones who made and acted in the film.

ChiTown
12-10-2005, 11:31 PM

Well, yeah. I mean, we were all asleep, including the Mothers and their babies.........

12-10-2005, 11:33 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

Fat Elvis
12-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I thought I'd been subject to everything in a theatre(babies,cell phones etc)and then when Saw came out a buddy and I went and a guy and a girl in their early 20's had brought two severely retarded people in wheelchairs with them.

I'm not making fun but the entire movie we sat through the loud moaning and groaning the people made and not once did the couple ever take them out.

I couldn't believe the management of the theatre did nothing to discourage them coming in.I felt sorry for the handicapped people and even more sorry for the couple that brought them because it was apparent no one ever taught them any common sense.

Geez what is wrong with people? Don't you know retards should be kept in closets out of sight?

It is called the ADA, dumbass.

kregger
12-11-2005, 12:38 AM
The trick is to wait 1 week, check out a twilght or 1st showing of the day and it's almost like a private screening.

Nzoner
12-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Geez what is wrong with people? Don't you know retards should be kept in closets out of sight?

Oh hell,like I even came close to insinuating something like that.

It is called the ADA, dumbass.

As for the ADA,you're right,the comment about the theatre trying to discourage was dumb but other than that the thread topic is what is wrong with some people and the people who brought them were the dumbasses.

Seeing that the Act was passed in 1990 and it took 15 years for me to experience this I'd say a movie theatre is definitely not high on the list where the caretakers take them and that most have a little common sense and respect for others.

dtebbe
12-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Some chicks never figure out what those things on thier chest are for... :p

DT

Fat Elvis
12-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Oh hell,like I even came close to insinuating something like that.

As for the ADA,you're right,the comment about the theatre trying to discourage was dumb but other than that the thread topic is what is wrong with some people and the people who brought them were the dumbasses.

Seeing that the Act was passed in 1990 and it took 15 years for me to experience this I'd say a movie theatre is definitely not high on the list where the caretakers take them and that most have a little common sense and respect for others.

Why are they dumbasses?

You mean to say that those people don't have the same right to see a movie as you do? You are the singlemost ignorant narrowminded shitbag I have ever seen on this board. You need to quit ****ing up this board with your stupid assed comments. Talk about common sense and respect for others, ****ing hypocrit. Go to nepachiefs, you fit right up thier alley.

QuikSsurfer
12-11-2005, 02:15 AM

W. T. F??????

drives me mad when idiots bring children into my grownup movies!!

ChiefsFanatic
12-11-2005, 02:20 AM

W. T. F??????

If it is afetr 6 p.m. most theaters will ask them to leave.

QuikSsurfer
12-11-2005, 02:29 AM
If it is afetr 6 p.m. most theaters will ask them to leave.

not in my town

12-11-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't think you will ever see a theater do that.

Rausch
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM

W. T. F??????

This post helps Packfan's self-esteem...

Earthling
12-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Some chicks never figure out what those things on thier chest are for... :p

DT
Thats right. Baby cryin'? Give it a bust in the mouth!

Nzoner
12-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Why are they dumbasses?

You mean to say that those people don't have the same right to see a movie as you do? You are the singlemost ignorant narrowminded shitbag I have ever seen on this board. You need to quit ****ing up this board with your stupid assed comments. Talk about common sense and respect for others, ****ing hypocrit. Go to nepachiefs, you fit right up thier alley.

First off,I'd like to apologize,as I can see I've hit a nerve and my intention was NEVER to disrespect the mentally handicapped nor those that give their time taking care of them.

I'm not saying they don't have the right,I'm saying just because someone has rights they or whomever is looking over them should analyze each situation before exercising those rights.

My posts actually make my point for me,I have the right to say what I feel on this subject and since I didn't stop and analyze my choice of words and use a little tact I have pissed you off.

irishjayhawk
12-11-2005, 10:10 AM
My petpeeve is really anything that catches my attention other than the movie.

Currently color cell phones that teens want to text message with during the movie are a big no-no in my book. I want to go up, punch them and then kindly let them know I work there (even if not in uniform).

wazu
12-11-2005, 11:40 AM
You are the singlemost ignorant narrowminded shitbag I have ever seen on this board.

Did you just get here?

Fat Elvis
12-11-2005, 11:41 AM
N-Zoner

I shouldn't of flown off the handle like I did. I'm sorry about that. It is just a real sensitive subject for me, but thta doesn't excuse my response; I'm sorry.

Fat E

Saulbadguy
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Next time, leave out a bowl of antifreeze.

Saulbadguy
12-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Why are they dumbasses?

Whoa...lighten up, Francis!

Noone said they shouldn't take Tards to the movies. Just as long as they aren't the ones of the groaning variety.