PDA

View Full Version : If I was CP Wesley and Tynes would be gone TOMORROW

dtebbe
12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Cut, gone, done, finished, the f*ck outta here.

Wesley was clowned the entire day, always at least 2 steps behind the play.

If Tynes can't make big kicks during the regular season, he'll never do it for us in the post season.

Nice knowing ya, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!

You :cuss: worthless bastards!

DT

Mecca
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Because we have another safety and kicker to play, oh wait that's right, we don't.

Not to mention cutting Wesley result in a big cap penalty that we can't take.

Valiant
12-11-2005, 07:54 PM

If Tynes can't make big kicks during the regular season, he'll never do it for us in the post season.

DT

Who would you bring in for tynes??? This is not madden, you cannot play magical gm and have everything easy.. Tynes missed, shit happens I am not going to call for his head.. It was a tough kick with the snap...

Skyy God
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I know it's after Thanksgiving, but I'm thankful you're not the GM. At least CP will be able to figure out which ST player was responsible for the missed kick (hint, it's not Tynes).

Demonpenz
12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
he had a bad snap plus he manned up in the post game interview and wanted the blame on him

DT

Fire Tynes??? Don't you mean the long snapper. Boy do we miss Gammon

irishjayhawk
That would be stupid.

If anyone should be fired after this it is Vermiel and Saunders if only for the end of the first half management.

KChiefsQT
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
bad snap...yes.. but IMO he still could've made it, but the snap made it that much harder on him. I blame the entire team and coaching staff as well, not just one guy. Yes, had that ball been snapped well, we would have most likely gone to overtime. But.. it wasn't, so sa la vi. Next three weeks are must wins...hell even that may not be enough... finished, end of story. My parting words...we're lucky SD lost today. :shake:

chefsos
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
bad snap...yes.. but IMO he still could've made it, but the snap made it that much harder on him. I blame the entire team and coaching staff as well, not just one guy. Yes, had that ball been snapped well, we would have most likely gone to overtime. But.. it wasn't, so sa la vi. Next three weeks are must wins...hell even that may not be enough... finished, end of story. My parting words...we're lucky SD lost today. :shake:

Yep. Damn lucky. Conference loss, too.

FloridaMan88
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I think Kendall Gammons deserves a raise, we sure found out what the value of a good long snapper is today

jidar
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
The snap was bad then the hold was bad as well, the ball was moving as he was kicking.

Road Hog
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Tynes is a Catholic,it's all about rythem.

shaneo69
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
It's so frustrating. Wesley plays some great games, but totally disappears in others.

On the other hand, Knight was making almost every tackle for awhile on the Cowboys' running plays. But he couldn't cover Witten to save his life.

Will we ever find two safeties who show up every week and can tackle and cover?

12-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Who cares about the position. I just want to see some textbook tackling on every play. I still see Chiefs trying to dive and hit rather than wrap them up.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Good Grief....Listen to yourself.

Wesley has been playing very well the last few weeks.....Improving, making INTs and big hits.

Tynes has been one of the top kickers in the league this year, and missed a fuggin 49 yard fg.

Get a grip.

The Chiefs lost AT Dallas, a playoff team, with a solid defense, and an offense that has controled the ball well all season.

Its not like the Chiefs stepped on their dicks at Buffalo again....or lost at home to Miami today.

OPChief
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
The person who started this thread is a complete moron. Vermeil and/or Saunders lost this game, with clock management, and personnel/situational decisions. And why exactly are we firing Wesley? And Tynes? Good God, what a freaking moron. You need a kick in the balls.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow, Tynes had a bad snap to mess with, i had confidence in him making it and still in the future, he has been a badass this season, some people need to take a step back.

FloridaMan88
12-11-2005, 09:02 PM
The person who started this thread is a complete moron. Vermeil and/or Saunders lost this game, with clock management, and personnel/situational decisions. And why exactly are we firing Wesley? And Tynes? Good God, what a freaking moron. You need a kick in the balls.

In defense of Saunders, his offense did have almost 500 yards of total offense and 28 points against one of the better defenses in the league today

LiL stumppy
12-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Your a retard.

Lets cut our Saftey,and let our back up safty who is a backup for a reason play and see how much he sucks.And lets pick up a kicker that no one has ever heard of after we cut out kicker that has been very sold.Doesn't make since.

BTW they have both been playing good latley.So quit bitching.

Mark M
12-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Wesley did NOT hold on that 4th down. That was a bullshit call. Unfortunately, he didn't do shit the rest of the drive (or game) either.

I've been saying all year that Wesley is consistently a step late in deep help.

I hate it when I'm right.

MM
~~:banghead:

12-11-2005, 10:19 PM

:thumb:

Frankie
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Good Grief....Listen to yourself.

Wesley has been playing very well the last few weeks.....Improving, making INTs and big hits.

Tynes has been one of the top kickers in the league this year, and missed a fuggin 49 yard fg.

Get a grip.

The Chiefs lost AT Dallas, a playoff team, with a solid defense, and an offense that has controled the ball well all season.

Its not like the Chiefs stepped on their dicks at Buffalo again....or lost at home to Miami today.
Thanks for posting what I was about to. Except mine would have been much more angry. There is a culture of "discard" on this bb that I do not understand and frankly get quite frustrated with. Tynes is one of the top kickers in the NFL. The snap was bad. Shit happens. I had no trouble with Wesley's play either. He is not the greatest safety in the NFL, but he is doing a good job. We lost because (a)- Dallas played their 'A' game. And (b)- because they got the benefit of all breaks and we got none. I bet you if the two squads that we saw today played 5 games the Chiefs would beat them 4 times.

milkman
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Wesley did NOT hold on that 4th down. That was a bullshit call. Unfortunately, he didn't do shit the rest of the drive (or game) either.

I've been saying all year that Wesley is consistently a step late in deep help.

I hate it when I'm right.

MM
~~:banghead:

The ref called the wrong number.

DJ clearly held on that play.

royr17
12-12-2005, 07:39 AM

DT

Hey, you are overreacting. Wesley has gotten better since the switch to the new position, but he can have a bad game every now and then. Also, you cant blame Tynes because that was bad snap by Perry.

joesomebody
12-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I thought it was a great game, and the football gods were simply against us. We had multiple opportunities to win that game, and instead we used every one of those opportunities to lose.

Wesley didn't do anything to lose the game, it was either Knight or Surtain that were burned on the Flea Flicker, and other than that there were no huge or glaring mistakes by the safeties.

Surtain missed that INT, shit happens. He should have caught it, but from what it looked like to me, he was thinking TD instead of securing the football first.

As it has been said, the 4th quarter defensive holding call was legit, they simply called the wrong number.

As to Tynes, 4th quarter game winning 40+ yard Field goals in a hostile stadium are tough... imagine how tough they are when the snap and hold are awry.

I give major props to Trent, Dante, LJ (Except that muffed block), Allen, Parker, The whole Offensive line, and T Rich. EDIT: I forgot TG... probably his 2nd best game of the year, I loved seeing him get all those yards after contact, something we haven't seen in awhile.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but all in all it was a great game, and we played well enough on both sides of the ball to win, it just didn't work out. I thought it was our best game of the year as far as putting it ALL together.

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 09:22 AM

And look at Hicks on that play, he is horsecollared for a good 3 seconds with his hands up in the air trying to get the ref's attention. NO CALL

Then Bledsoe takes his helment off... NO CALL

I hate to be a Bronco fan, but dammit that was our season!

DT

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Those are both true, and I saw both plays. I also saw a hold or two that wasn't called on the Chiefs during LJ runs.

Neither of those non-calls were the absolute, unrecoverable back breaker.

The offense had a turnover before the half that lead to a 14 point swing, the defense failed to force enough punts or get any turnovers in the 2nd half, and the Special teams gave up long returns and missed a FG.

Sandy Eggo and Jax both lost also. The're basically the team the Chiefs are competing with for the wc spot. Sandy Eggo has to go to Indy before coming to Arrowhead and Jax has a backup QB at the helm.

The Chiefs win out, they can still get a wc game. Its in their hands.

Regardless, I'm ready for alot of change this offseason.

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Your a retard.

Lets cut our Saftey,and let our back up safty who is a backup for a reason play and see how much he sucks.And lets pick up a kicker that no one has ever heard of after we cut out kicker that has been very sold.Doesn't make since.

BTW they have both been playing good latley.So quit bitching.

I'm sorry, Wesley has not played worth a crap all year. He had the gimmie INTs during the NE game, sure, but that's it.

HE'S A SAFETY , just so we understand, a safety is supposed to have deep coverage and be able to tackle.

Wesley has be a day late and a dollar short all year, last week he got faked out of his jock by a RB for a TD, he NEVER wraps up on tackles. There is better to be had. IMHO Wesley and Woods should both be cut at the end of the year.

And this is the 2nd big kick Tynes has missed this year, and I think it was a 41 yarder, basically in a dome. No excuse for missing that.

DT

vckcchiefs04
12-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry, Wesley has not played worth a crap all year. He had the gimmie INTs during the NE game, sure, but that's it.

HE'S A SAFETY , just so we understand, a safety is supposed to have deep coverage and be able to tackle.

Wesley has be a day late and a dollar short all year, last week he got faked out of his jock by a RB for a TD, he NEVER wraps up on tackles. There is better to be had. IMHO Wesley and Woods should both be cut at the end of the year.

And this is the 2nd big kick Tynes has missed this year, and I think it was a 41 yarder, basically in a dome. No excuse for missing that.

DT
Congrats on being the most ignorant fan of the year so far! Wesley has not played worth a crap?? Tynes has missed a couple of kicks, so lets cut him? With logic like this we should all paint you silver and black and send you out west with the Raiduhs fans! Get a clue please!

Brock
12-12-2005, 11:07 AM
What a fuggin stupid post. I'm sure it's just emotions overloading your brain.

Mark M
12-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Well that would explain it.

It does not, however, change the fact that Wesley has been late in help all year, and missed too many tackles for someone in his position.

I think the guy sucks ass.

MM
~~:shrug:

WilliamTheIrish
12-12-2005, 11:14 AM
... But.. it wasn't, so sa la vi. :

sa la vi ???

sedated
12-12-2005, 11:14 AM

41, a little easier.

and you cannot be considered one of the top kickers if you cannot make a game-winning/tying FG.

how many big kicks has Lin Jr made this year?

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
sa la vi ???

I think that it means "such is life" in Samoan.

Mark M
12-12-2005, 11:24 AM
sa la vi ???

Si a vii?

MM
~~:spock:

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Congrats on being the most ignorant fan of the year so far! Wesley has not played worth a crap?? Tynes has missed a couple of kicks, so lets cut him? With logic like this we should all paint you silver and black and send you out west with the Raiduhs fans! Get a clue please!

I may be ignorant, but at least I've watched the games. There is no way you can follow the chiefs and now know that Wesley sucks ass. And if there is one thing Chiefs fans should know is that if your kicker misses big kicks in the regular season, he's gonna miss those kicks IF/WHEN you make it to the playoffs (remember Lin Elliot?)

So I guess that makes you uninformed AND stupid. :p

DT

wolfpack0735
12-12-2005, 01:28 PM
to me if you have to hope your kicker makes a 40 something kick to win the game or tie it, something else is wrong. tynes has had a good year, maybe not super but good. no, the defense lost this game. our offense puts up 28 points and almost 500 yards in someone elses house,YOU should win.

BigMeatballDave
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Those are both true, and I saw both plays. I also saw a hold or two that wasn't called on the Chiefs during LJ runs.

Neither of those non-calls were the absolute, unrecoverable back breaker.

The offense had a turnover before the half that lead to a 14 point swing, the defense failed to force enough punts or get any turnovers in the 2nd half, and the Special teams gave up long returns and missed a FG.

Sandy Eggo and Jax both lost also. The're basically the team the Chiefs are competing with for the wc spot. Sandy Eggo has to go to Indy before coming to Arrowhead and Jax has a backup QB at the helm.

The Chiefs win out, they can still get a wc game. Its in their hands.

Regardless, I'm ready for alot of change this offseason.Don't forget about the Steelers, they're 8-5...

BigMeatballDave
12-12-2005, 01:55 PM
41, a little easier.

and you cannot be considered one of the top kickers if you cannot make a game-winning/tying FG.

how many big kicks has Lin Jr made this year?OMG!
BAD SNAP BAD SNAP BAD SNAP

Pay attention...
:rolleyes:

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
OMG!

Pay attention...
:rolleyes:
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

The snap was not that bad... the kick was not even close.

DT

sedated
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
(wesley) missed too many tackles for someone in his position.

remember the choke-job whiff against Mike Anderson?

that was as brutal a miss I've seen since Jeff Hostetler

sedated
12-12-2005, 02:12 PM
OMG!

How many times have Pats fans bitched because Vinatieri missed a game-tying FG because of a bad snap?

He makes them, no matter what.

That's the difference between champs and losers.

Brock
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
How many times have Pats fans bitched because Vinatieri missed a game-tying FG because of a bad snap?

Adam Vinatieri misses field goals too. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

vckcchiefs04
12-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I may be ignorant, but at least I've watched the games. There is no way you can follow the chiefs and now know that Wesley sucks ass. And if there is one thing Chiefs fans should know is that if your kicker misses big kicks in the regular season, he's gonna miss those kicks IF/WHEN you make it to the playoffs (remember Lin Elliot?)

So I guess that makes you uninformed AND stupid. :p

DT
Yes.... I guess the fact that I have not missed a Chiefs game in almost 10 years is not watching.......... Look genius, because a player misses tackles, blows assignments, or gets beat they must all suck in your logic right? It happens to every player every year, and several times a game..... you may not see them all because the play does not always involve them. Wesley has had a very good year, but all you want to dwell on are the mistakes he has made.... ignore the 6 INT's and tackles and broken up passes he has made, lets just worry and cry about what he messed up. I have grown up watching guys like Junior Seau, Zach Thomas, John Lynch, Albert Lewis, Ty Law, Derron Cherry, Mike Freakin Singletary.....guess what..... they all blew assignments sometimes!!! Yes, they all made most of their plays, but they did blow their share as well!!! Get over it and pull your head out!! :shake:

bkkcoh
12-12-2005, 02:27 PM

Rank Player Team FGM FGA Long XPA XPM Pts
14 Adam Vinatieri NE 17 22 48 32 31 82

Heck, he has even missed an extra point. why is he still a Patriot???

Eleazar
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
This was all a ploy by Carl because he thinks he can make more money by missing field goals.

sedated
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Adam Vinatieri misses field goals too. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

Heck, he has even missed an extra point. why is he still a Patriot???

Not in playoff games, or games that decide your playoff life.

Vinatieri is clutch, Lin Jr isn't (unless he shows us otherwise).

I'd love to replace him, but we have nothing else because Grandpa and King Carl didn't address it in offseason.

Tynes better learn quick, or get ready to have his foot cut off and put in my basement right next to Lin Sr.'s.

Johnson&Johnson
12-12-2005, 05:11 PM
What game were you watching. As far as I'm concern the D is still getting better.
KC defense did not loose the game... the offensive and defensive coaches GOT OUTCOACHED by the Tuna and his coaches. If you discounted the flea-flicker and that Green fumble. KC defense held them COW-boys pretty good. When KC def made DAL go 3 & out so many series, it gave me confidence that they'll continue to improve.

KC did not loose because we played bad, we dominated the whole game. DAL just lucked out and got us on 2 trick plays.

Just watch out NY Giants will be creamed next week. I am sure Gun and DV are all fired up, the players are pissed because they know they had that game and let it slipped away.
...they got pretty boy ELI on a silver platter next week. Allen, Sims, Hicks...you can have a feast!!!!!

p/s You will love G. Wesley again next week when he picks off Eli at once or twice. If you want to blame anyone, blame the "HIGH PROFILE" signing of Surtain for not getting that INT in DAL last series that could have gone for a TD!!!!! I just can't believe Surtain didn't get that INT....:mad:

jidar
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Not in playoff games, or games that decide your playoff life.

Vinatieri is clutch, Lin Jr isn't (unless he shows us otherwise).

I'd love to replace him, but we have nothing else because Grandpa and King Carl didn't address it in offseason.

Tynes better learn quick, or get ready to have his foot cut off and put in my basement right next to Lin Sr.'s.

Why do you have to keep being so stupid?
Oh yeah it's the drugs. See this shit is why everyone hates stoners.

Hey seriously though, what part of "BAD SNAP" and "BAD HOLD" do you not understand? It's not an excuse when we can see it clear as day on the television, the ball was still moving as tynes was kicking, and ended up being held crooked as hell. Who the hell makes that kick?
Jesus christ, get a grip or get off the drugs.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 06:27 PM

DTThat blown kick was on the snap, sorry, you lose. Tynes has been mister consistency all year.

Fug it, we shouldn't have been in such a dire situation to begin with. It was a miracle that we even got that close. Which is what made it all the more painful, believe me, I feel your pain. But you don't throw the kicker under the bus for a bad snap and less than perfect hold. It is hard enough to kick a 41 yard FG when the aforementioned are perfect.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Fire Tynes??? Don't you mean the long snapper. Boy do we miss GammonTHat is exactly what I was thinking as I watched it sail wide. Long snapping is a thankless job, until you notice them.

Bob Dole
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
The hold was almost directly in front of Bob Dole. That miss goes to the long snapper.

Mosbonian
12-12-2005, 07:20 PM
You can tell by some of the posts crucifying Tynes that there are several of you who haven't a clue about the mechanics of kicking....most of you would probably be as laughable as the people you used to see at Halftime of the Chief's promotion to kick a field goal and win a truck....most barely would make the ball sail 10 yards.

The reason that Tynes drove the ball to the right is the placement of the feet....and that is all predicated on the placement of the ball. If his feet are even with the ball then he gets a true sail right thru the upright. If his plant foot is behind the ball he pulls it to the left....when a kicker starts his motion he expects the ball to be in one certain spot..the one he has mentally marked before the holder begins the count. Any deviation to that can cause the aforementioned problems of sailing wide left or wide right. And the further out the kick the narrower the margin of error allowed....

For all of you who wanna can Tynes...before you speak again, grab a football and head over to the local football field. Then come back and tell me how many times you put it thru the upright from the 10 yard line.

And then remind yourself that Tynes is doing it from about 20 yards further, with tall defensive lineman, and speed gunners trying in every way possible to block that kick.

Tynes has been money in the bank this year....and to try and pin the blame on him is ridiculous.

mmaddog

Sure-Oz
12-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Exactly, Tynes i think is going to be a great kicker for us.

milkman
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

The snap was not that bad... the kick was not even close.

DT

Your and idiot.

That snap was terrible.

I've never seen a snap that was that far off the mark.

I've seen low snaps, high snaps, snaps that sailed.

But I have never seen a snap that had the holder almost reaching behind him to catch.

Hell, the fact that Colquitt caught it is pretty damn good.

The fact that he got it back around and almost got it placed for Tynes to even get the attempt off is just amazing.

philfree
12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
You can tell by some of the posts crucifying Tynes that there are several of you who haven't a clue about the mechanics of kicking....most of you would probably be as laughable as the people you used to see at Halftime of the Chief's promotion to kick a field goal and win a truck....most barely would make the ball sail 10 yards.

The reason that Tynes drove the ball to the right is the placement of the feet....and that is all predicated on the placement of the ball. If his feet are even with the ball then he gets a true sail right thru the upright. If his plant foot is behind the ball he pulls it to the left....when a kicker starts his motion he expects the ball to be in one certain spot..the one he has mentally marked before the holder begins the count. Any deviation to that can cause the aforementioned problems of sailing wide left or wide right. And the further out the kick the narrower the margin of error allowed....
For all of you who wanna can Tynes...before you speak again, grab a football and head over to the local football field. Then come back and tell me how many times you put it thru the upright from the 10 yard line.

And then remind yourself that Tynes is doing it from about 20 yards further, with tall defensive lineman, and speed gunners trying in every way possible to block that kick.

Tynes has been money in the bank this year....and to try and pin the blame on him is ridiculous.

mmaddog

It looked to me like Colquit got the ball spotted but Tynes lost his focus because of the snap and he didn't stick with his motion. It looks like his plant foot slid a bit too.. But after reading your post I could be wrong. I guess I'll have to punish myself again and go watch it again to check the ball placement. The new longsnapper has snapped most of his FG/EP snaps to the right. Last week Colquit made a great catch and hold on one of Tynes kicks. It was way high and right and Dustin was nails.

Nice discription of cause and effect of why a ball when kicked or hit goes where it goes.

PhilFree:arrow:

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Your and idiot.

That snap was terrible.

I've never seen a snap that was that far off the mark.

I've seen low snaps, high snaps, snaps that sailed.

But I have never seen a snap that had the holder almost reaching behind him to catch.

Hell, the fact that Colquitt caught it is pretty damn good.

The fact that he got it back around and almost got it placed for Tynes to even get the attempt off is just amazing.

All I can say is that your and easily amazed.

DT

milkman
12-12-2005, 11:35 PM

DT

NO, I exaggerate to make a point.

But, if you can pull your head out of ass long enough, read mmaddog's post.

He describes how important mechanics are to a kicker.

I'm pretty sure it's something that you can't comprehend, though, so don't bother pulling your head out.

Mosbonian
12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
It looked to me like Colquit got the ball spotted but Tynes lost his focus because of the snap and he didn't stick with his motion. It looks like his plant foot slid a bit too.. But after reading your post I could be wrong. I guess I'll have to punish myself again and go watch it again to check the ball placement. The new longsnapper has snapped most of his FG/EP snaps to the right. Last week Colquit made a great catch and hold on one of Tynes kicks. It was way high and right and Dustin was nails.

Nice discription of cause and effect of why a ball when kicked or hit goes where it goes.

PhilFree:arrow:

I've seen that replayed a couple of times and that is my "quick and dirty" analysis of what happened....I could be wrong, but having been a kicker, that's what it looked like to me.

I'd prefer not to torture myself to watch it again...I'll give you points for having the fortitude to go back to watch it again.

mmaddog

Mecca
12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
What game were you watching. As far as I'm concern the D is still getting better.
KC defense did not loose the game... the offensive and defensive coaches GOT OUTCOACHED by the Tuna and his coaches. If you discounted the flea-flicker and that Green fumble. KC defense held them COW-boys pretty good. When KC def made DAL go 3 & out so many series, it gave me confidence that they'll continue to improve.

KC did not loose because we played bad, we dominated the whole game. DAL just lucked out and got us on 2 trick plays.

Just watch out NY Giants will be creamed next week. I am sure Gun and DV are all fired up, the players are pissed because they know they had that game and let it slipped away.
...they got pretty boy ELI on a silver platter next week. Allen, Sims, Hicks...you can have a feast!!!!!

p/s You will love G. Wesley again next week when he picks off Eli at once or twice. If you want to blame anyone, blame the "HIGH PROFILE" signing of Surtain for not getting that INT in DAL last series that could have gone for a TD!!!!! I just can't believe Surtain didn't get that INT....:mad:

Because giving up nearly 500 yards and 31 points to one of the bad offenses in the NFL is improving :spock:

You must have some seriously diferent standards than what I have.

12-13-2005, 12:51 AM
OOOOOKKKKKKKK?????? The defense didn't lose the game? Really? What game were you watchin man?

stevieray
12-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Kudos for colquitt getting that ball placed, but if you watch really close, the ball tilts to the right just before LT kicks it.

Mosbonian
12-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Kudos for colquitt getting that ball placed, but if you watch really close, the ball tilts to the right just before LT kicks it.

stevieray:

I'm not as sure about Tynes, but some soccer-style kickers like the ball tilted slightly.....not sure about the reason for that.

mmaddog

Bob Dole
12-13-2005, 05:53 AM

That's what Bob Dole saw as well. (But Bob Dole didn't Tivo the game and only saw it live.)

huskerdooz
12-13-2005, 07:04 AM
IMO, there were several instances where this game could have turned out diferently.

Most notably the sequence of plays at the end of the 1st half that resulted in a potential 14 pt turnaround. If Saunders had to do it all again I'm sure he would have tried to pound it into the endzone, or atleast I hope he would.

Surtain's missed INT was a sure pick six if he hangs onto that ball.

The bad snap on the attempted game tying field goal.

DJ's holding penalty on 4th down, remember Wesley actually got there in time to knock the ball out.

There was also a play earlier that illustrates how the game of football is a game of inches. Bledsoe was attempting a pass in the left flat and Warfield read it perfectly and jumped the route and was there waiting for a sure INT except Allen tipped the ball at the LOS and it fell incomplete. I can remember the TV announcers made a point to comment on it at the time.

It also seemed that in the 2nd half we continually triedt to put pressure on Bledsoe while only rushing our 4 down linemen. IMO Gunther didn't call nearly enough blitzes down the stretch.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can point to several plays in a game that could potentially change the result of a game. It's foolish to lay the blame on 1 or 2 specific players when it's the whole team that wins and loses. That's also why Whitlock's article blaming LJ was so absurd.

Just my $0.02

Frankie
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Because giving up nearly 500 yards and 31 points to one of the bad offenses in the NFL is improving :spock:

You must have some seriously diferent standards than what I have.

This 'D' IS improving. Like it or not. Improvemet usually comes in two steps forward and one step back. They played better against the Donks, for sure. But they played pretty well against Dallas too. There was constant pressure and a bunch of 3 and outs. That goal line stand at the end was amazing. Dallas resorted to trickery the way self-acknowledged lesser teams do against teams they know are better. Dallas also got ALL the breakes and we got none. I bet they played their best game of the season too. We just lost this game. No team plays perfect. No coach calls all plays perfectly. Our little imperfections bit us in the ass more than our share and we lost. It hurts. But that's life. Shit happens.

jspchief
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm not going to read this entire post, so what I'm saying has probably already been said.

Tynes has been solid for us. He'll probably never be a great kicker, but he's easily better than half the starters in this league. Every kicker misses. Considering the poor snap, I can forgive him for this one.

I do tend to agree on Wesley though. He's almost always the guy that gets burned by big plays. He's a total liability in pass coverage, and misses a lot of open field tackles as well. There is not one thing that Wesley consistently does well. He's the Vonnie Holliday of safeties. Luckily we are old enough at safety that the team will be forced to start looking to replace him soon.

Reaper16
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
There was also a play earlier that illustrates how the game of football is a game of inches. Bledsoe was attempting a pass in the left flat and Warfield read it perfectly and jumped the route and was there waiting for a sure INT except Allen tipped the ball at the LOS and it fell incomplete. I can remember the TV announcers made a point to comment on it at the time.

I don't know about Allen tipping it. On the replays, to me, it looked as if Bledsoe saw Warfield there and did the best he could to send the ball to the ground mid-throw.

Area 51
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
You must not have been watching the game.

The FG was missed due to a bad snap, something we have taken for granted for a few years. Kendall Gammon is one of the best long snappers in the league.

Jared Allen will now be doing the long snapping for the Chiefs.

Cutting Tynes might be compared to cutting Jan Stenerud. He has only misfired 3 times this year and none of them were his fault. There is a distinct timing that goes on between the snap of the ball and the kick, once started you cannot adjust. The snap was bad, the placement delayed and most likely not placed properly.

Wesley is another story, but I won't deal with that one, we don't have anywhere to go on that issue.

redbrian
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM

DT

I'm amazed at your ignorance (I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt and not calling you stupid).

The biggest turn in the game was the sack of Green by Scott.

The fault of that sack is in the hands of LJ.

If he wants to be the man in kc he has got to improve his protection of the QB, the job is not all about running and catching the ball.

jynni
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
The biggest turn in the game was the sack of Green by Scott.
And the stoopid, stoopid timeout taken by the coaching staff before that play.

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda - the entire team blew this game.

dtebbe
12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Cutting Tynes might be compared to cutting Jan Stenerud.

ROFL Thanks! I needed a good laugh today! ROFL

DT

Area 51
12-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks! I needed a good laugh today! And I got it because I'm an idiot!!

DT

What has Tynes done to be cut? How many of the tremendous number of misses he has had this season were bad kicks caused by him? ZERO!!

Check the record books for Steneruds first year.

1967 - 21 made 36 attempts
1968 - 30 made 40 attempts

Tynes this year is 23 for 28.

Laugh your ass off kiddo.

huskerdooz
12-14-2005, 03:53 AM
I don't know about Allen tipping it. On the replays, to me, it looked as if Bledsoe saw Warfield there and did the best he could to send the ball to the ground mid-throw.

My bad it wasn't Allen, it was Carlos Hall. Petro had Warfield on his show yesterday and discussed the exact play.

HemiEd
12-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Wesley has been making big plays all season. I think the coaches had Greg out of position on a couple of plays and Tynes should not be blamed for missing that FG. It was clearly a bad snap, with an inexperienced holder. jWhit was right, plenty of mistakes to go around, especially the whiff block of Fujita by LJ at the end of the first half.

dtebbe
12-14-2005, 10:02 AM
What has Tynes done to be cut? How many of the tremendous number of misses he has had this season were bad kicks caused by him? ZERO!!

Check the record books for Steneruds first year.

1967 - 21 made 36 attempts
1968 - 30 made 40 attempts

Tynes this year is 23 for 28.

Laugh your ass off kiddo.

Stats.. OK here are Lin Elliots stats for 1994 and 1995:
| 1994 kan | 25 made 30 att 83.3%
| 1995 kan | 24 made 30 att 80.0%

Tynes is right on pace.. Why the hell did we ever cut Elliot?? I'm outraged!! Just look at his stats!

DT

milkman
12-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Stats.. OK here are Lin Elliots stats for 1994 and 1995:
| 1994 kan | 25 made 30 att 83.3%
| 1995 kan | 24 made 30 att 80.0%

Tynes is right on pace.. Why the hell did we ever cut Elliot?? I'm outraged!! Just look at his stats!

DT

Here's a stat for ya!

|dtebbe| 2702 posts.
|dtebbe| 0 intelligient posts.