PDA

View Full Version : Depressed with life....

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I reccomend beer.

ChiefsFire
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
I reccomend beer.
beer and whores

siberian khatru
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Football is the least of your problems. Don't let that be a hangup.

You also shouldn't be surprised they lost today.

Don't be surprised if we beat the Giants to get your hopes back up, then we lose to SD or Cincy at home.

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
beer and whoresOhh.. great point.

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
good call on the beer... got a dirty 30 of natty light in the fridge.... screw finals

memyselfI
12-11-2005, 10:21 PM
So I take it your awakening in DC was just the mumblings of a manic depressive? :hmmm:

dirk digler
12-11-2005, 10:24 PM
You shouldn't let a football game get to you that much. Relax and have a few beers.

RealSNR
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
When did keg get his name changed to recxjake?

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
When did keg get his name changed to recxjake?Heh.. new avy?

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan for 15 years... I know most of you have been much longer... but it just seems we are always just a kick away from greatness.... It's getting old

ps. who's keg?

leviw
12-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Finals start here tomorrow too. I plan on cheating.

memyselfI
12-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Heh.. new avy?

Leave Eeyore out of this... :shake:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/Chelle_Deirdre/depressed.jpg

Otter
12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan for 15 years... I know most of you have been much longer... but it just seems we are always just a kick away from greatness.... It's getting old

ps. who's keg?

I stopped saying "thank you sir may I have another" about three years ago. I suggest you do the same and just enjoy the show.

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Leave Eeyore out of this... :shake:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/Chelle_Deirdre/depressed.jpgOh, bother.

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM

haha my stupid tests are essays.... 33% of my grade!

Logical
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
So I take it your awakening in DC was just the mumblings of a manic depressive? :hmmm:That was my guess when it happened.

memyselfI
12-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh, bother.

ROFL

A Pooh fan. I love it. :clap:

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
ROFL

A Pooh fan. I love it. :clap:Eh... just a dad.

(I prefer Johnny Bravo)

RealSNR
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
ROFL

A Pooh fan. I love it. :clap:No, he's not a Raider fan by any means

KcMizzou
12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
No, he's not a Raider fan by any meansROFL

Thank you.

memyselfI
12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Eh... just a dad.

(I prefer Johnny Bravo)

I like Johnny Bravo too. They sure don't make cartoons like they used to... :deevee:

KCJake
12-11-2005, 11:34 PM

ps. who's keg?
I've been a Chiefs fan for 12 years. Im starting to feel the same way. They play good enough to make you think there's a chance....

Tomorrow's Monday. I get to go back to my shitty @ss job, making $8 an hour. WTF am I doing with my life? I guess I can look forward to Saturday vs the Giants. Damn, I hope we win that one.

|Zach|
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
ROFL

greg63
12-11-2005, 11:43 PM
haha my stupid tests are essays.... 33% of my grade!

Watch a show entitled "Spies Like Us". It gives a full proof example of how to successfully cheat on an exam.

recxjake
12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
It's not Toyota's fault that over the last 20 years GM hasn't figured out how to build a car that the average person wants and can afford. I gave GM chance after chance and they kept giving me junk.

you see thats what everyone thinks.... but Toyota has very few retirees, has no Unions to deal with and the currency exchange from US to Yes makes even more money for Toyota......

It's a very unfair playing field....

Give GM another look... They have recently won a lot of best quality awards and the cars they are making now are much nicer....

Psyko Tek
12-12-2005, 12:31 AM
dude,
I just went through one year in hell, shitty job after shitty job blown interviews on jobs I would have kicked ass on, the depression got so bad I was on drugs( prescribed wellibutron) just to keep it together

then one day got a miracle call dream job, way to much money, no real responsibilities

just keep your shit together and it WILL happen
somedays hard work does payoff and you win

good luck with finals

now go get drunk and laid
at least get a lapdance

KCChiefsMan
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
ahh finals...I remember those days, well it was only last may before I finally graduated

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM

ps. who's keg?It could be worse, you could be a Saints fan.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
$8 an hour? Christ man, I was making $7 an hour in high school... in 1997.

Get a f*cking skill.I have an idea for him. Learn how to short pour slobbering drunks AND get tip money from them.

gblowfish
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
So when does your Dad move to India?

luv
12-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I think everyone goes through "those times" at least once in life. I have. You learn, gain strength, and move on. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Keep your chin up, and good luck with finals.

acasas4
12-12-2005, 01:16 PM
you see thats what everyone thinks.... but Toyota has very few retirees, has no Unions to deal with and the currency exchange from US to Yes makes even more money for Toyota......

It's a very unfair playing field....

Give GM another look... They have recently won a lot of best quality awards and the cars they are making now are much nicer....Yep. The big three are all building better vehicles now. I've got a 2004 Ford F150 and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. What all these "Fast and the Furious" wanna be's don't realize is the effect on the economy would be huge if any or all of the big three went under. Way over half a million employees, plus contractors, vendors, parts suppliers, equipment designers and manufacturers, wheel and tire suppliers, on and on. Oh well, it's their future. If they're happy with shit jobs it's their choice.

ChiefsGirl
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
ahhh this sucks.....

1. I am shocked we lost the game today... I feel very dazed
2. College Finals start tomorow and I don't wanna study after losing to stupid Dallas...
3. My dad works for GMAC, the financing arm of GM for 35 years and it looks like GM is doing down the shitter...... he might lose his pension and healthcare if this happnes :(....... he has been moved 3 times in 3 years because GM is always "restructureing"...... Des Moines to Detroit to Chicago to Jacksonville..... its been a great few years.... now that we just got to Jacksonville they tell everyone that they will be offering early retirement packages in January....... but of course what good is a retirement pacakge if the company goes belly up?? I hate Toyota...

sure hope KC wins next week!

Have you not received this week's GOP talking points yet? I know that normally brightens up your day. :)

recxjake
12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Yep. The big three are all building better vehicles now. I've got a 2004 Ford F150 and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. What all these "Fast and the Furious" wanna be's don't realize is the effect on the economy would be huge if any or all of the big three went under. Way over half a million employees, plus contractors, vendors, parts suppliers, equipment designers and manufacturers, wheel and tire suppliers, on and on. Oh well, it's their future. If they're happy with shit jobs it's their choice.

If GM went bankrupt it would ruin over 1 million peoples lives..... GM deals with so many different companies that it would really hurt the economy as well....

Someone posted earlier about Toyota and dealing with the Union............that is wrong.... Toyota factory workers in the United States are not represented by the UAW...... in fact the workers voted no to forming a union.....

I suggest that everyone goes and just looks at what GM has to offer.... they have so many great new cars on trucks coming out.....sadly all of them are getting overshadowed w/ all the bad news....

1. Pontiac Solstice
2. Chevy HHR
3. Saturn Sky
4.Newly designed tahoe's yukon's, escalades, denali's, sliverado's come out starting in Jan. go to gminsidenews.com to look at the pics
5. Chevy Camaro comes back next year
6.Caddy and Buick have a bunch of good looking new cars coming out too

Save America... Buy GM!

beavis
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
I suggest that everyone goes and just looks at what GM has to offer.... they have so many great new cars on trucks coming out.....sadly all of them are getting overshadowed w/ all the bad news....

My current piece of shit is a Ford. No offense to your dad, but two transmissions, countless other repairs, and a lawsuit later, I'll be buying foreign until American auto companies buy a clue.

Donger
12-12-2005, 01:37 PM
If GM went bankrupt it would ruin over 1 million peoples lives..... GM deals with so many different companies that it would really hurt the economy as well....

Someone posted earlier about Toyota and dealing with the Union............that is wrong.... Toyota factory workers in the United States are not represented by the UAW...... in fact the workers voted no to forming a union.....

1. Pontiac Solstice
2. Chevy HHR
3. Saturn Sky
4.Newly designed tahoe's yukon's, escalades, denali's, sliverado's come out starting in Jan. go to gminsidenews.com to look at the pics
5. Chevy Camaro comes back next year
6.Caddy and Buick have a bunch of good looking new cars coming out too

Save America... Buy GM!

Actually, I'd go out of my way to purchase a car that wasn't built by union labor.

sedated
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
"worrying is only time wasted while you could be making a difference."
- Ralph Wiggum

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I can't take this pressure
Pressure, pressure, pressure

Too many things are too extreme
There's too much shit, too many schemes
It never makes sense, it's just a hype
Forget about it, live your own life

Pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure

-negative approach-

NewChief
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Have you not received this week's GOP talking points yet? I know that normally brightens up your day. :)

He's also not showing very good message discipline with the mixed signals he's sending on organized labor.

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 02:14 PM
A wise man once posted here the following quote:

"[BANG!!] [Thud]"

recxjake
12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
So, the UAW website is lying for shits and giggles? Weird.

"We build the Corolla! (Not really, but we think it's funny to say so.)."

notice how thats one Toyota car..... its probably a joint project with some other carmaker that has union labor

recxjake
12-12-2005, 06:45 PM
So, the UAW website is lying for shits and giggles? Weird.

"We build the Corolla! (Not really, but we think it's funny to say so.)."

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/18/biz_biz1toy.html

told ya so

acasas4
12-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Actually, I'd go out of my way to purchase a car that wasn't built by union labor.And you probably put American flag stickers and "Support our troops" stickers on your import.

acasas4
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
My current piece of shit is a Ford. No offense to your dad, but two transmissions, countless other repairs, and a lawsuit later, I'll be buying foreign until American auto companies buy a clue.What model do you drive?

Donger
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
And you probably put American flag stickers and "Support our troops" stickers on your import.

So, for you, buying a non-union made vehicle is unpatriotic?

recxjake
12-12-2005, 06:56 PM
No you didn't.

good comeback... haha.... i know the auto industry and I know the reason Toyota is doing so well is they don't have to deal with the stupid unions

acasas4
12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
If it's damageing our economy and putting people out of work, then yes it is. I just think their should be some pride in this countrie's workmanship and the products we produce here. American auto companies products now are as good or better than most imports so I see no reason not to support our companies and our workers.

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Unions suck baows.

The Country would be better off, if they were all disbanded tonight at Midnight.

Donger
12-12-2005, 07:03 PM
If it's damageing our economy and putting people out of work, then yes it is. I just think their should be some pride in this countrie's workmanship and the products we produce here. American auto companies products now are as good or better than most imports so I see no reason not to support our companies and our workers.

That's not what I asked you. I can understand if you said that, "Buying a non-US car is unpatriotic." But that's not what you were responding to. I stated that I'd go out of my way to buy a non-union built car.

So, is that, in and of itself, unpatriotic?

Donger
12-12-2005, 07:05 PM

Also, I've owned three US-built vehicles over the years. They were all pieces of crap. Now, maybe that's changed/changing, but forgive me if I am naturally cautious about being ass raped again purely for the sake of supporting some union worker building sub-standard product.

acasas4
12-12-2005, 07:13 PM
That's not what I asked you. I can understand if you said that, "Buying a non-US car is unpatriotic." But that's not what you were responding to. I stated that I'd go out of my way to buy a non-union built car.

So, is that, in and of itself, unpatriotic?Well as far as I know the American auto companies are unionized, so if you buy a non-union built car I think it is. I know there are Japanese cars, German cars etc. that are built here but the majority of their profits do not stay in this country to benefit our economy. If the big three auto makers were not union I would still buy them. Also a lot of their cars are no longer built here and if that's the case I won't buy them.Clear as mud?

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
If it's damageing our economy and putting people out of work, then yes it is. I just think their should be some pride in this countrie's workmanship and the products we produce here. American auto companies products now are as good or better than most imports so I see no reason not to support our companies and our workers.This is simply not true.

I "bought American", and all it got me was the repair shop every 50K miles with a messed up radiator pump, or a failed A/C, or some other "small" little thing that was always fugging up my ride.

Then the asswipes in the service department, not taking my word for the problem.

My Honda still drives like it is brand new after 40 k miles, only oil changes and normal brake job.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that it will still be going strong after 200k miles. I have never, ever owned an American car that wasn't a complete piece of shit after 100k miles. Go to the bank on that.

Tell your union shop to build better cars for less money.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Also, I've owned three US-built vehicles over the years. They were all pieces of crap. Now, maybe that's changed/changing, but forgive me if I am naturally cautious about being ass raped again purely for the sake of supporting some union worker building sub-standard product.i had not read this when I posted, but you and I think a lot alike on a lot of issues. lmao.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 07:29 PM
If it's damageing our economy and putting people out of work, then yes it is. I just think their should be some pride in this countrie's workmanship and the products we produce here. American auto companies products now are as good or better than most imports so I see no reason not to support our companies and our workers.The Japanese buy a lot of goods that are produced in our country, RICE, for one.

I am sure there are others, but free trade is generally better for the Macro standard of living of both countries in the long run.

To be sure, there are MICRO disruptions in any "free" marketplace.

Petco and Petsmart are doing thier damdest to run me out of business. Funny damn thing is, I don't sell that shit they are undercutting me with anymore. Oh sure, I have a couple of token bags in here that I sell to my dyed in the wool clients, but when they have a sale on Pro Plan, or Science Diet or someother whored out to the big corporation product, I could give a shit, because I saw this coming 8 years ago, and switched most of my customer base to a better product that costs less than their sale price. Nothing like a little competition to make you sharp. If that doesn't work, fug it, I will land on my feet and do something else.

Donger
12-12-2005, 07:31 PM
i had not read this when I posted, but you and I think a lot alike on a lot of issues. lmao.

Sure seems like it. Although you explain oil pricing better than I!

chiefs4me
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
i had not read this when I posted, but you and I think a lot alike on a lot of issues. lmao.

ah god bunny......I can't believe you just said that.....:shake:

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm curious about the differences in quality if a lot of the imports are built in the U.S. now. Aren't a significant proportion of Hondas and Toyotas built with U.S. labor?

If that's the case, then what's causing the difference in quality? Is it a superior vehicle design from the start, or is it a superior process for manufacturing? If it's the latter, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to duplicate, particularly if the plant is in the U.S.

Taco John
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
What does GM have that compares favorably with a Toyota Tundra? I"ll give it a look. Not sure I'll buy it, as I've owned GMs all my life and to tell you the truth am pretty sick of 'em. I've been eyeing the Toyota Tundra for some time now. I hear nothing but good things from Tundra owners, and Toyota Owners in general. Stories like how they just rolled over to 200,000 miles and things are running great. I don't hear the same positive stories from GM owners. Instead, always stories about how the Union is ****ing with their power converter, or how some union guy is clogging up the manifold.

acasas4
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
This is simply not true.

I "bought American", and all it got me was the repair shop every 50K miles with a messed up radiator pump, or a failed A/C, or some other "small" little thing that was always fugging up my ride.

Then the asswipes in the service department, not taking my word for the problem.

My Honda still drives like it is brand new after 40 k miles, only oil changes and normal brake job.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that it will still be going strong after 200k miles. I have never, ever owned an American car that wasn't a complete piece of shit after 100k miles. Go to the bank on that.

Tell your union shop to build better cars for less money.And I've had nothing but good luck with American vehicles as has my whole family. We've never had any major problems with any of them. I guess if I had the problems you guys have I'd be leary of them too, but I haven't.

acasas4
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
If that doesn't work, fug it, I will land on my feet and do something else.I will too. I'm an electrician and I'm sure I will always find work, but I'm worried about the economy as a whole. It seems we've become a dumping ground for imports from cheap labor countries. By the way, pro-plan and science diet. What business are you in?

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
What does GM have that compares favorably with a Toyota Tundra? I"ll give it a look. Not sure I'll buy it, as I've owned GMs all my life and to tell you the truth am pretty sick of 'em. I've been eyeing the Toyota Tundra for some time now. I hear nothing but good things from Tundra owners, and Toyota Owners in general. Stories like how they just rolled over to 200,000 miles and things are running great. I don't hear the same positive stories from GM owners. Instead, always stories about how the Union is ****ing with their power converter, or how some union guy is clogging up the manifold.

The key lesson here is to never, ever fall behind in your union dues.

recxjake
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM

Chevy Colorado and GMC has one too.... they are getting redsigned next year.....

recxjake
12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
So, the Corolla is not a Toyota product. Got it.

that is one product! like i said its probably a joint venture and built at a plan w/ union workers

did you know that average union factory worker gets around 130k a year w/ everything........... they should be making 10 to 12 an hour

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't buy those numbers.

sd4chiefs
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Something is wrong. I keep ending up in the Washington D.C. forum. :banghead: