PDA

View Full Version : You know what is amazing..

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2005, 09:52 AM
If the holding call wasn't call and the defense held them on 4 downs in the red zone. Everybody on here would be claiming our defense played good.

Amazing how things are on the Planet.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, that goes without saying for any fan board.

Things are a 180 from week to week.

ptlyon
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry, giving up 31 points is not good.

RedDread
12-12-2005, 09:57 AM
If the holding call wasn't call and the defense held them on 4 downs in the red zone. Everybody on here would be claiming our defense played good.

If we had made the stop it would have been a trend making critical 4th down stops in back to back weeks, but still the defense has allowed 27 and 31 points consecutively now. They have many more opportunities to make stops than just the last 5 minutes of a football game.

redfan
12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
IF

donkhater
12-12-2005, 10:04 AM
It wasn't just the points. They seemed totally unprepared for what Dallas threw at them.

For instance. How many times did Dallas get a holding penalty that put them in 1st and 20 or 2nd and long? Considering their situation at the tackle position and the downs remaining AND the fact that Parcells loves to run the ball, you would think that KC could anticipate a run or a screen pass.

But in every one of those situations, Dallas either ran the ball or threw a quick screen to a RB and gained 10+ yards and subsequently gained the first down anyway.

THAT was a HUGE reason they lost the game.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Some supreme being is using the game of football to torment me.

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Giving up 100% third down percentage in the 4th quarter is NOT good, no matter if they get the stop or not.

donkhater
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Giving up 100% third down percentage in the 4th quarter is NOT good, no matter if they get the stop or not.
Such has been the life of KC fan the last 5 years.

On another note, H, I was completely wrong about LJ and his fumbling. He's certainly not a chronic fumbler. Dude's playing balls out.

And on another note (a meaningless stat)....KC is the only AFC West team to beat Miami this year.

ChiTown
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM

BS

Our defense sucked stem to stern yesterday. They not only bent, but they broke in every key situation from yesterdays game (right before half, and right before the end of the game).

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, that goes without saying for any fan board.

Things are a 180 from week to week.

Hey MHM,
What was up with the Donks game yesterday...I picked your Donks to blow out Bmore, and was shocked at the closeness of the game. What happened?

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Such has been the life of KC fan the last 5 years.

On another note, H, I was completely wrong about LJ and his fumbling. He's certainly not a chronic fumbler. Dude's playing balls out.

And on another note (a meaningless stat)....KC is the only AFC West team to beat Miami this year.

I really think two of LJ's fumbles early were the result of the rotation and him not getting into a rhythm.

FringeNC
12-12-2005, 10:30 AM

Nah, we still would have given up 450 yards to a shitty Dallas squad. It was obvious watching the game that we still have one of the worst, if not the worst D in the NFL. Gunther has to go.

carlos3652
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM

And the only team to lose to the bills... is that right? :doh!:

Area 51
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Some supreme being is using the game of football to torment me.

If you're not being tormented enough, just wait until next week! and the week after! and the week after! After that there is no week after according to the "experts".

sd4chiefs
12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I went to a Christmas party Saturday night here in San Diego and when I talked to some Charger fans they all had this arrogant talk about how the Charges were going to easily beat Indy and the Chiefs and were a shoe in to get into the playoffs. When I said that they needed to beat Miami first they all just laughed at me. :mad: I will see a few of them again at another stupid Christmas party this Saturday and I am sure that they will not even bring up the subject of football. I hate bandwagoning Charger fans.

Nzoner
12-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I went to a Christmas party Saturday night here in San Diego and when I talked to some Charger fans they all had this arrogant talk about how the Charges were going to easily beat Indy and the Chiefs and were a shoe in to get into the playoffs. When I said that they needed to beat Miami first they all just laughed at me. :mad: I will see a few of them again at another stupid Christmas party this Saturday and I am sure that they will not even bring up the subject of football. I hate bandwagoning Charger fans.

Reminds me of '03,I went to the KC-Minn game that the Chiefs laid an egg in and the fans were brutal.When I told them that at least we were in the play-offs and they still had to beat Arizona they laughed to no end.

The following week Josh McNown won the game for Zona on the final play knocking the Vikes out of any play-off hopes.