PDA

View Full Version : David Garrard

MahiMike
12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm Trent Green's #1 fan yet I realize that no one plays forever. I also realize that this is the last year of the great offensive run using the Rams' north coaching staff. Also, given our O-line is running on fumes, it would make sense to get a QB that can both run and pass. Not a Vick QB that runs 1st and passes (poorly) 2nd. Besides, I'm bigger than Mike Vick.

I'm referring to a big, thick dude that can scramble for the 1st down when needed. A very intelligent guy that can throw too. Keep your eye on David Garrard of the Jags. The last thing J-Ville wants is a QB controversy but that's just what they'll have once Garrard wins a playoff game.

He'll be trade bait after the season.

Eleazar
12-12-2005, 10:00 AM
He was trade bait in the last offseason but no one wanted to pay what Jacksonville was asking.

siberian khatru
12-12-2005, 10:01 AM
IIRC, he was a FA last season (or season before?) and nobody bit.

I like him, too. That's why I thought a lot of the "Ha, Jax will choke down the stretch now that Leftwich is out" talk was misguided. Garrard's not Kyle Orton.

dirk digler
12-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm Trent Green's #1 fan yet I realize that no one plays forever. I also realize that this is the last year of the great offensive run using the Rams' north coaching staff. Also, given our O-line is running on fumes, it would make sense to get a QB that can both run and pass. Not a Vick QB that runs 1st and passes (poorly) 2nd. Besides, I'm bigger than Mike Vick.

I'm referring to a big, thick dude that can scramble for the 1st down when needed. A very intelligent guy that can throw too. Keep your eye on David Garrard of the Jags. The last thing J-Ville wants is a QB controversy but that's just what they'll have once Garrard wins a playoff game.

He'll be trade bait after the season.

He didn't look very good yesterday IMO. They would have a better shot at beating the Colts if Leftwich was playing.

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I'd say yes to Garrard.

chief118
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING CAUSE TRENT IS GETTIG OLDER AND OUR BACKUPS DONT LOOK GOOD AND THEY NEED TO LET GO OF DEE BROWN AND GET A BETER BACK OR LET T-RICH RUN THE BALL

Frankie
12-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I think they've been asking a 1st for him. It'll probably be more after this season. How was he in college?

Sure-Oz
12-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I just want a QB as smart as trent and the heart. He has been solid with his #'s and as a leader of this team.

chagrin
12-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Please, not another "this backup guy looks pretty good and should be our QBOTF"

I don't mean to seem mean-spirited here but have you really watched this guy play? I mean for more than yesterday's game. I know you're up there in J'Ville, so I know you have to see him alot right? He is a solid back up and that's about it. He doesn't make smart throws and over/underthrows people way too much.

Come on man, please!

Spicy McHaggis
12-12-2005, 02:03 PM
THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING CAUSE TRENT IS GETTIG OLDER AND OUR BACKUPS DONT LOOK GOOD AND THEY NEED TO LET GO OF DEE BROWN AND GET A BETER BACK OR LET T-RICH RUN THE BALL

I forwarded your post to Carl. He said he'd get right on it.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-12-2005, 02:17 PM

Why are you screaming at us. Turn your volume down dude. Are you deaf?

ROYC75
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
No on Garrard.....wasn't / have not been impressed with him at all yet.

You want a big guy ? Look at Jared Lorenzen from the Giants. He's BIG.... but like Garrard, unproven.

chagrin
12-12-2005, 02:42 PM
No on Garrard.....wasn't / have not been impressed with him at all yet.

You want a big guy ? Look at Jared Lorenzen from the Giants. He's BIG.... but like Garrard, unproven.

Is he that 6-3 275 lb dude from Kentucky?

That's ridiculous if he's any good at all

ROYC75
12-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Is he that 6-3 275 lb dude from Kentucky?

That's ridiculous if he's any good at all

That's him, BIG, has a cannon of an arm. But like I said, unproven. He had a knack of being wild at times in college. Hard to tackle in the pocket.

Spicy McHaggis
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
That's him, BIG, has a cannon of an arm. But like I said, unproven. He had a knack of being wild at times in college. Hard to tackle in the pocket.

Yeah and by the end of the games he was sucking wind hard. I'd rather go with a more stable prospect than Lorenzen. I'd rather have Garrard. And there are a few guys I'd rather have before him, too.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Yes, because what we need is a QB who runs around and doesn't throw well. That can be the future of the franchise right there..... :spock:

KCChiefsMan
12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
anyone remember Elvis Grbac? career backup in SF, looked good in a few starts....Chiefs sign him to a big deal....BUST

I do not want that to happen again

now on the same token, there is Rich Gannon...long-time career backup looks good when he started for the Chiefs, Raiders sign him...MVP

Maybe Garrard has a little bit of Gannon in him (not sexually you sick mo-fo's), or maybe he doesn't?? :hmmm:

MahiMike
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm a season ticket holder to the Jags and have watched this guy in preseason games for the last 3 yrs. Many towns like the backups better than the starters. I too liked Garrard better than Leftwich before the season. After 1 and a half seasons, Leftwich was starting to come around.

Garrard has played 2 games and already throws the touch pass better than Leftwich. Any QB will require time to gel with his receivers. If you base your decision on yesterday's game - don't. The Jags called a terrible game yesterday and only let him throw when the Colts knew it was coming. I call the coach "Marty" Del Rio.