PDA

View Full Version : House Help

Hoover
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Well since the Chiefs lost yesterday and I'm in one bad effin mood, I thought maybe a good day to direct my anger at someone who is not an employee or volunteer. My target is my realtor and the people I bought my house from.

Here is the deal. Last week, while being a good wasteful republican I was using my Washer, Dishwasher, Shower, anyway, when the Washer started to discharge water, water starter coming out of the joints in the plumbing arounf the sewer line.

So I call every plumber I know, and non have the effin time to come check me out. Then on Friday I get a dude to come over, and I find out my Sewer Lines are clogged. Plummer Dude gets me cleaned out from the house to where it makes a turn but thats it.

Then I see a contractor who says, yeah, they did some work in 03, and they should have changed all the pipes but didn't.

Then Hoover got pissed, pulls out the Disclouser on the house and reads #6 Sewerline. Its says any problems? No. Any work done? Yes. Discription of Work Done: New Sewer Line to Main 2003.

To me that means new lines from the House to the Main Sewer line. What they did was add a clean out, and fix and put in new line from the center of the street to the corner of my property.

OK Planet, what should I do? The wife is an attorney, so I'm leaning to making a huge deal out of this in hopes to get them to put im new sewer lines. Am I off base? I bought the house in May.

Ultra Peanut
12-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Cameron's annoying, Foreman's smug, and Chase is unctuous.

Toss in the leg stuff, and there's no wonder he's addicted to Vicodin.

dirk digler
12-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Go for it.

StcChief
12-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Sounds like your lawyer needs to look at it.

'new sewerline to main' is a false statement according to the plumber. Yards dug up for this? there should be evidence of this, sunken earth where line put in.
Plus previous owner should have the bill for that work....

JimNasium
12-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I would guess that if the facts are as you presented them that they did not properly disclose. I think you have a valid case against them.

Hoover
12-12-2005, 11:10 AM
My town keep records of the work that is done, its clear that they did not replace the entire lines. However they did put in a new line to the main, it just isn't the the whole line.

sedated
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Has anyone suggested stabbing him in the face?

Inspector
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
The previous owner would be liable to assure anything disclosed is accurate.

You're married to an attorney? That might come in handy, not to mention how nice it would be to be married to an attorney.

Good luck.

P.S. If the problem is tree roots, you can get products that are supposed to inhibit root growth in the sewer lines. You just add it via your nice new cleanout.

Hoover
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Yes its nice to be married to an attorney. The tab for Law School wasn't so nice the past three years, but its all good now. Plus when BS like this comes up its really nice, because it only costs my wife some time, and if they don't want to fix it, they will be looking at their own legal bill.

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Burn it, let insurance fix it all.

Ahm not sayin he's a gold digga....but he ain't hangin with no broke...

(she says)"Pre Nup Pre Nup prenup"

Dallas Chief
12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
How about asking the previous owners to pay for the fix it before going the legal route. I got a new AC by asking nicely...

Hoover
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Well I'm now all cleaned out which is good for the time being, but I'm still pissed about them telling me they put in new sewer lines.

My problem is I fdon't know if I'm capable of asking nicely....

because I'm such an asshole.

Dallas Chief
12-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Figure it this way, if they say no after you ask them nicely, then you can sue their nuts off. You don't even have to say please.

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 03:45 PM
The previous owner would be liable to assure anything disclosed is accurate.

yup.

Reaper16
12-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Cameron's annoying, Foreman's smug, and Chase is unctuous.

Toss in the leg stuff, and there's no wonder he's addicted to Vicodin.
I love House.

Halfcan
12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Well since the Chiefs lost yesterday and I'm in one bad effin mood, I thought maybe a good day to direct my anger at someone who is not an employee or volunteer. My target is my realtor and the people I bought my house from.

Here is the deal. Last week, while being a good wasteful republican I was using my Washer, Dishwasher, Shower, anyway, when the Washer started to discharge water, water starter coming out of the joints in the plumbing arounf the sewer line.

So I call every plumber I know, and non have the effin time to come check me out. Then on Friday I get a dude to come over, and I find out my Sewer Lines are clogged. Plummer Dude gets me cleaned out from the house to where it makes a turn but thats it.

Then I see a contractor who says, yeah, they did some work in 03, and they should have changed all the pipes but didn't.

Then Hoover got pissed, pulls out the Disclouser on the house and reads #6 Sewerline. Its says any problems? No. Any work done? Yes. Discription of Work Done: New Sewer Line to Main 2003.

To me that means new lines from the House to the Main Sewer line. What they did was add a clean out, and fix and put in new line from the center of the street to the corner of my property.

OK Planet, what should I do? The wife is an attorney, so I'm leaning to making a huge deal out of this in hopes to get them to put im new sewer lines. Am I off base? I bought the house in May.

That is why there is a sellers disclosure. Did you have a home warranty?

That is very delicate and general language about the sewer line-it makes it sound like there was a problem-and they fixed it-not a persistent, very expensive problem. You might have a case.

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I called them for you Hoover. The old lady said

"If Hoover would stop flushing those super absorbency Kotex and pads with wings, it'd stop plugging up his $hitter"

Do you want me to reply to her comment?

Hoover
12-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I called them for you Hoover. The old lady said

"If Hoover would stop flushing those super absorbency Kotex and pads with wings, it'd stop plugging up his $hitter"

Do you want me to reply to her comment?
Yes, I'll pay you tp come over and scare the crap out of them!

They own the grocery store in town, I'm sure they are going to want to keep me quiet, it would be bad for Business.

Skip Towne
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
You're getting to screw an attorney and you're still complaining?

sedated
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM

this thread is worthless without pics

Halfcan
12-12-2005, 05:16 PM
this thread is worthless without pics

pics of a sewer pipe? Now that would be exciting. I could send a pic of my broken tolit if you want. RedRums Mom sat on it.

Dinny Bossa Nova
12-12-2005, 05:43 PM

That is so funny. So funny.

:drool:

Dinny

Herzig
12-12-2005, 06:13 PM

The new girl I'm dating is a bankruptcy attorney. Should I get the hell out now?

Iowanian
12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I can put on a tie and my hardhat, maybe bring a GPS unit that makes alot of racket when I turn it on.....If you really want to eff with them, we'll bend some wire coat hangers into "witchin' sticks" and we'll witch the line....and I'll use a serious "ah ha....uh huh....hmmmmm, interesting" for effect.

how much?

Skip Towne
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
The new girl I'm dating is a bankruptcy attorney. Should I get the hell out now?
Hell no, don't get out. Screwing an attorney s everybody's dream.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM

No way. She knows where to buy stuff for pennies on the dollar.