PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice yesterday....

DJJasonp
12-12-2005, 11:31 AM
That if Dante Hall caught the last pass at the end of the game in stride, he was gone for a TD?

He was already past the safety (if he was in-stride) and at least 3-4 yds past the corner near the sideline.

Just a thought.....but it confirms how badly we need better receivers next year....Kennison has been efficient, but when you look back at how good the rams were in the early 2000's, it had a lot to do with yards after the catch (which are receivers rarely get any).

Part of this is on Trent, because he throws low balls, etc....but our receivers tend to jump, dive, etc. and just concentrate on making the catch.

I'm not trying to belittle Trent's last-second heroics.....he did a great job (and so did Dante getting open/making the catch).....but just an observation.

Nzoner
12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
All I remember from that play is going to the heights of exhilaration,high fiving friends etc. to plummeting to the depths of depression moments later.

carlos3652
12-12-2005, 11:37 AM
That if Dante Hall caught the last pass at the end of the game in stride, he was gone for a TD?

He was already past the safety (if he was in-stride) and at least 3-4 yds past the corner near the sideline.

Just a thought.....but it confirms how badly we need better receivers next year....Kennison has been efficient, but when you look back at how good the rams were in the early 2000's, it had a lot to do with yards after the catch (which are receivers rarely get any).

Part of this is on Trent, because he throws low balls, etc....but our receivers tend to jump, dive, etc. and just concentrate on making the catch.

I'm not trying to belittle Trent's last-second heroics.....he did a great job (and so did Dante getting open/making the catch).....but just an observation.

Uhh... we went about 48 yards in 13 seconds thanks to a Parker catch and a Dante route... to set up a good shot to tie this game...

Parker made plays yesterday that were incredile, he was better than kennison (who dropped a few).

TRR
12-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Dante Hall's whole intention was getting down before the clock ran out. He stood the risk of getting caught from behind even if he caught it in stride. Dante caught it and was lookind for contact to get down.

DJJasonp
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm making a generalization about our receiving corp....

And I still say if he catches it in stride, no one touches him.

The point I'm trying to make is that making catches isnt enough....we need YAC.

It's not a complaint about our 22 second drill....

alpha_omega
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
All I remember from that play is going to the heights of exhilaration,high fiving friends etc. to plummeting to the depths of depression moments later.

Yep, well put!

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Dante did all he could and did the right thing. I don't know if he would have made it, though; it looked like the safeties could have closed in on him. I'd have to look at the tape.

teedubya
12-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Seriously, I knew yesterday was gonna be ugly, on the kickoff of the game... Dante could have broken it for a TD, Kennison drops two, and Bigfoot Wilson was so wide open and could have maybe gone the distance... but dropped the ball.

I could tell... long day ahead.

beavis
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Seriously, I knew yesterday was gonna be ugly, on the kickoff of the game... Dante could have broken it for a TD, Kennison drops two, and Bigfoot Wilson was so wide open and could have maybe gone the distance... but dropped the ball.

I could tell... long day ahead.
Yeah, over 500 total yards. The offense really sucked yesterday.

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, over 500 total yards. The offense really sucked yesterday.

The offense was great, but with the _efense they had backing them up they had to make a few more plays to win.

Elwaysux
12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
The other thing you will notice on the last play to Dante is that Kennison is open on the same pass route he ran earlier for the touchdown. If Green goes that way with the ball we don't have the bad snap and the bad taste I have in my mouth.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

chiefqueen
12-12-2005, 12:33 PM

It would have been risky for him to run all the way, he could have been tackled @ the 5 but the clock would have expired.