PDA

View Full Version : I hate Bell and cant wait to see his ass hit the DOOR!

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235195

24 tackles.:cuss:

Taco John
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
I thought he was supposed to be the next Shaun Barber?

Mr. Laz
12-12-2005, 02:42 PM
it would help if Gunther's scheme didn't have Bell covering keyshawn johnson etc in the slot.

we've had linebackers covering wideouts all year long ... terrell owens,rod smith,keyshawn johnson. :cuss:

you want a mismatch on our defense ... just send your RB out wide

our cornerbacks cover the widest guy, even if it's a RB and that leaves our safeties and linebackers inside to cover the wide receivers.

it's pretty retarted

Archie Bunker
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
This is just a classic misuse of a players talent. With that being said I think he has played better than his numbers indicate. I still like him better than Fujita and if a 3-4 is used next year I would like to have him back playing inside.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
it would help if Gunther's scheme didn't have Bell covering keyshawn johnson etc in the slot.

we've had linebackers covering wideouts all year long ... terrell owens,rod smith,keyshawn johnson. :cuss:

you want a mismatch on our defense ... just send your RB out wide

our cornerbacks cover the widest guy, even if it's a RB and that leaves our safeties and linebackers inside to cover the wide receivers.

it's pretty retarted

Of course that will never change either because Gun is stubborn as all hell.

Frankie
Bell is doing OK. Not up to his reputation. But OK. I have a feeling he is still hurt and we won't see the real Bell until next season. Either that or he's better suited for 3-4.

Mr. Kotter
I've gotta say, he's been a huge disappointment.

ptlyon
12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I still like him better than Fujita and if a 3-4 is used next year I would like to have him back playing inside.

Fujita caused a fumble yesterday. Bell didn't.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Bell is doing OK. Not up to his reputation. But OK. I have a feeling he is still hurt and we won't see the real Bell until next season. Either that or he's better suited for 3-4.

Based on his contract and what he's done this year. It would be pretty hard right now to make an arguement that he should be on this team next year.

Mr. Kotter
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Bell is doing OK...

Based on what? :shrug:

If Fox and Griffin hadn't been injured, I'd bet Bell's ass would be sore from riding the pine.

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Based on what? :shrug:

If Fox and Griffin hadn't been injured, I'd bet Bell's ass would be sore from riding the pine.

maybe he means the 35mil deal he inked.

At this point id rather see the backups come in.

24 ****ing tackles. That shit blew my mind.

KCChiefsMan
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
yes we all expected a lot more out of Bell, he shouldn't be in pass coverage every freaking down though

Dunit35
12-12-2005, 03:39 PM
ID say he is the worst of the starting linebackers. I think he needs to lose some weight or put it back into muscle, hes gotta know he is playing horribly and will put forth the best offseason ever. One more year for him.

phxchief
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Fujita caused a fumble yesterday. Bell didn't.

Fujita's the blitzing outside backer in a 3-4, Bell's the coverage goat in a 4-3 scheme.

Bell hasn't been all that good, but chalk a lot up to opportunity, of lack thereof.

How do players make plays if they aren't put in position?

sedated
12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Who is this Bell person you all speak of?

I hope fat-ass gets himself injured so we can get rid of him.

If he makes it until next year, we'll owe him the whole $10 million signing bonus.

What a waste.

jidar
12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
People keep making excuses for Bell but if he's not being put in position to succeed, what about the other LBs?
Mitchell and Johnson don't seem to be lacking tackles.

sedated
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
How do players make plays if they aren't put in position?

I agree, but who was it that got beat to the end-zone by Jake the Fake?

I find it hard to believe that in 13 games he has not had ONE opportunity to make a play.

Mr. Kotter
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Who is this Bell person you all speak of?

I hope fat-ass gets himself injured so we can get rid of him.

If he makes it until next year, we'll owe him the whole $10 million signing bonus.

What a waste.

That's why I suspect he may be cut....they gave him that two-tier bonus for precisely this purpose.

sedated
12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Doesn't he have a radio show on 610.

Someone should call and...um...let our feelings be known (in a way that is very clear and possibly obscene)

dj56dt58
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235195

24 tackles.:cuss:

24 tackles and like 50 missed tackes. I mean when someone does run right at him, can he at least tackle him? I've seen guys easily break tackles on him, and other guys just run by him a few feet away and he's too goddamn slow to catch them. If we go to the 3-4 next yr give him one more chance. If we stay 4-3 bye bye mother****er

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Dont let this die into the apathy of page 12.

Feel my ****ing anger at this mother****er, ****ers!!!!

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
I think he's been pretty worthless...I considered arguments that his contirbutions were going unoticed, but now I think he just sucks.

sedated
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Product of the System if I've ever seen one

MOhillbilly
12-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Product of the System if I've ever seen one

talented players make plays on the football field regardless of what system theyre in.

MOST OVERHYPED PLAYER EVER!!!!!

Adept Havelock
12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
MOST OVERHYPED PLAYER EVER!!!!!

Nope. That honor (for the Chiefs at least) still is owned by the greatest running back no one ever let start....Jesse Haynes. :rolleyes:

Bell....1/2 of his problem is injury and an apparent lack of heart(IMO)....the other 1/2 is scheme.
Next year, convert to a 3-4 and see what he can do playing his actual position, RILB. It's not like we have a glut of DT's to worry about.

Skip Towne
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Nope. That honor (for the Chiefs at least) still is owned by the greatest running back no one ever let start....Jesse Haynes. :rolleyes:

Bell....1/2 of his problem is injury and an apparent lack of heart(IMO)....the other 1/2 is scheme.
Next year, convert to a 3-4 and see what he can do playing his actual position, RILB. It's not like we have a glut of DT's to worry about.
Yeah, we'll probably change our scheme and pay him 10 mil to "see if it works out". Uh-huh.

philfree
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm disappointed in Bells performance this year but isn't this the same lynch mob that was ready to replace Mitchell last year? Yeah if his March bonus is to large then he needs to agree to new contract terms. I don't wanna give to early on a guy.

PhilFree:arrow:

Adept Havelock
12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm disappointed in Bells performance this year but isn't this the same lynch mob that was ready to replace Mitchell last year? Yeah if his March bonus is to large then he needs to agree to new contract terms. I don't wanna give to early on a guy.

My point, exactly.

pak1983
12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
he sucks. he has had chances to make plays and failed to do so. He makes Sims look like Dante.

ROYC75
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
[ poke ]Yep, at this rate , Scanlon will pass him up, just 3 behind and he see's the field probally 1/3 of the time Bell does.

Maybe next year Bell will improve, maybe.[ poke ]

KcMizzou
12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
He makes Sims look like Dante.He must be really, really big.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Bell comes out almost every third down.

Why he isn't being used to rush the passer is beyond me.

12-13-2005, 04:51 AM
Bell comes out almost every third down.

Why he isn't being used to rush the passer is beyond me.

According to CP, that was not what he was brought here for. OK, Carl, what the HELL was he brought here for then.:cuss:

Rausch
12-13-2005, 04:57 AM
According to CP, that was not what he was brought here for.

That might not have been what was reported on your planet, but...

12-13-2005, 04:59 AM
That might not have been what was reported on your planet, but...

Sorry forgot what planet I was on. ROFL

According to King Carl is what I should have said instead of CP.

Mecca
12-13-2005, 05:02 AM

There's a diference in a guy who's been in the league 2 years improving and a player you signed to a large free agent contract who's been around underperforming. Bell isn't a young improving player, he's suppose to be a proven commodity.

Rausch
12-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Sorry forgot what planet I was on. ROFL

According to King Carl is what I should have said instead of CP.

Bell's strength is his ability to rush the passer.

Why he isn't..........duh-know.

Pants
12-13-2005, 05:05 AM
There's a diference in a guy who's been in the league 2 years improving and a player you signed to a large free agent contract who's been around underperforming. Bell isn't a young improving player, he's suppose to be a proven commodity.

He's an ILB playing OLB.

Mecca
12-13-2005, 05:08 AM
He's an ILB playing OLB.

Yep, although he runs like a Defensive Lineman. I really don't see a spot on this team for him next year, atleast not with that contract. Hopefully Gun will be out of here so we can finally end this "asking players to do things they can't do" bullshit.

12-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Bell's strength is his ability to rush the passer.

Why he isn't..........duh-know.

Yes, but look at our coaches. When has Vermeil been a great evaluator of talent. He was against LJ and Priest when they were brought in. He underutilized TonyG his first year because his offense was not built for TEs. He stood behind Gregg Robinson.

I have heard time and time again on the radio interviews how Bell was brought in for leadership and pass defense. Yet they never use him the way Pitt tried to use him while he was healthy.

I still think Gunther does not get full control of the defensive decisions like they like to report. IMO

Don't get me wrong, Gunther is just as responsible for the defensive Muck-ups.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
People keep making excuses for Bell but if he's not being put in position to succeed, what about the other LBs?
Mitchell and Johnson don't seem to be lacking tackles.

because mitchell and Johnson are both 4-3 linebackers in a 4-3 scheme.

Bell is a 3-4 linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.

you don't take a 3-4 power linebacker and drop him 15 yards into coverage on every freaking down.

Reaper16
12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
I just wish we had a coaching staff that had a collective clue. What part of "Bell covering Keyshawn Johnson deep" sounded like an attractive decision to them? Can we ever get decent coaching on this team?

jjchieffan
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
We used the 3-4 rather effectively early in the season, not sure why we went awy from it. Seems like the thing to do when you have more talent at LB. I think Scanlon and Kawika inside, with Bell and LJ on the outside would be deadly, and with Sims healthy, we would have enough push up the middle to make it work

Johnson&Johnson
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM

Yep!

I'll take Bell over Barber or Fujita.

ChiefsFanatic
12-13-2005, 11:16 AM

What? OK? The one sack he has, the QB ran into him. The 24 tackles he has are pretty much gifts from the official scorer.

nascher
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
with FOX the so called 3-4 went down i am pretty sure FOX would have had a good season.