PDA

View Full Version : Shitty MNF games

RealSNR
12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Next week it's Packers and Ravens.

WTF :shake:

tk13
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Then the week after that it's Pats/Jets. Weeeee. This is why we're going to have flexible MNF games next year....

12-12-2005, 11:52 PM
That's why MNF wants to be able to pick the games as they go because who knows which decent team is going to SUCK that year.

Taco John
12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
They should just show Denver every week and go with what the nation wants to see.

KC-Chef
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
I watched that deal about MNF going to ESPN and what I got from it was that the Sunday night CBS games would be adjustable, not the Monday night games... ?

Maybe I didn't see that right?

12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
They should just show Denver every week and go with what the nation wants to see.

Lets just have a season of MNF with Denver vs KC every week. With the exception of week 3 that game is always stellar.

12-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I watched that deal about MNF going to ESPN and what I got from it was that the Sunday night CBS games would be adjustable, not the Monday night games... ?

I have not heard anything like that.... yet. I think NBC is getting the rights to Sunday night football possibly though.

RealSNR
12-13-2005, 12:32 AM
They should just show Denver every week and go with what the nation wants to see.I'd rather watch gay pr0n

mac58
12-13-2005, 01:07 AM

you r right. they r moving mon to espn and its not going to be the best game. than NBC is getting sun night games which will be the featured game of the week. they will have whats called a flex schedule the last 8 weeks of the season so they can switch up the games. the reason is that if they switch it up on a sunday tivket holders can still go and its tyhe same day.

12-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Then NBC should kick MNFs ass. Hope they get good play by play guys though.

tk13
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Then NBC should kick MNFs ass. Hope they get good play by play guys though.
Madden's already going to NBC. They haven't selected a play-by-play guy yet though....

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Is Costas going to do the studio show for NBC?

12-13-2005, 01:24 AM

Hell, I would take him as a play by play. I would nominate Kevin Harlan though.

tk13
12-13-2005, 01:41 AM
I am not sure to be honest. I wanna say I read somewhere that he'd prefer to stay in studio as opposed to doing play-by-play... don't quote me on that. I'm not sure how much in-studio stuff they'd have for a Sunday Night game though. If they could get Costas involved they'd probably do something. We need to get him back into sports anyway... his talent is being wasted doing nothing but the Olympics and the odd episode of Larry King.

Wa-Z
12-13-2005, 01:41 AM
God...how many prime time games does Brett Favre get??

12-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Basically, as many as he wants.

Bet it will be worse next year too since he will most likely play one more year to prove it was only the team injuries that held them down this year.

chiefqueen
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Next week it's Packers and Ravens.

WTF :shake:

Now, now aren't we ungrateful. Don't you know Tags knew that 6 days b/f Christmas he knew you wouldn't have Christmas shopping done so he scheduled the MNF game to be a clunker to motivate you to go out and get your shopping done.

Now get off the couch & strengthen our economy.

KCTitus
12-13-2005, 12:39 PM

ROFL

jspchief
12-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I'd rather watch gay pr0nJudging by the link posted last week, Plummer and his mustache basically constitute gay pr0n.

Hoover
12-13-2005, 01:05 PM
That's why MNF wants to be able to pick the games as they go because who knows which decent team is going to SUCK that year.
If I were MNF, I would only want divisional games. Heck they always play hard, no matter what the records are.

Look at the Built in great games you would have this year.

Dartgod
12-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah, that Donkeys/Ravens 12-10 barn burner would have been a ratings bonanza! Woooo Boy!!

Rain Man
12-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I missed the Atlanta-New Orleans game last night. Or maybe I saw it. I don't really remember.

bkkcoh
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
If I were MNF, I would only want divisional games. Heck they always play hard, no matter what the records are.

Look at the Built in great games you would have this year.

But so many of the rivalry games don't have a broad appeal. Who cares in the midwest about Cowboys-skins, likewise, in the east who cares about Chiefs vs anyone..... (sad to say that some people aren't converted yet)

Hoover
12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
But so many of the rivalry games don't have a broad appeal. Who cares in the midwest about Cowboys-skins, likewise, in the east who cares about Chiefs vs anyone..... (sad to say that some people aren't converted yet)
do I really care about Pats vs Philly since they played each other last year in the SB?

Maybe if you want to do matrchups like that do them early, them go heavy on divisional games.

KC-Chef
12-13-2005, 02:29 PM
you r right. they r moving mon to espn and its not going to be the best game. than NBC is getting sun night games which will be the featured game of the week. they will have whats called a flex schedule the last 8 weeks of the season so they can switch up the games. the reason is that if they switch it up on a sunday tivket holders can still go and its tyhe same day.

Thanks.. I forgot it was NBC. I remember they also talked to John Madden and Al Micheals and John was going to go to the Sunday night game and Al Micheals was going to stay with MFN on Espn. They also talked about how it might affect MFN because it would be subscriber only and how MFN would no longer be the game everyone can watch. They all commented on that and worried some about it.

The Sunday ability to switch up the games if needed to be sure a favorable matchup is going to make SFN the new MNF. When they talked about that and MFN, whoever it was that was talking about it said that they were concerned but that they still felt like the MFN line up would be a good one. It sounded like it was a set line up from the beginning of the year though, as it is now.

Will be an odd change though I think.

Rain Man
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
To be honest, I don't care about whether the teams are strong. I just want to see different teams play and learn about their players. I'd rather see a Detroit-Arizona matchup than see the 23rd national TV appearance of the Patriots or the Eagles.

Hoover
12-13-2005, 02:39 PM
To be honest, I don't care about whether the teams are strong. I just want to see different teams play and learn about their players. I'd rather see a Detroit-Arizona matchup than see the 23rd national TV appearance of the Patriots or the Eagles.
yep I agree.

cadmonkey
12-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I have not heard anything like that.... yet. I think NBC is getting the rights to Sunday night football possibly though.

It already seems like KC and Denver play on either Sunday night or monday night every week as it is.....either vs. eachother or against the raiders.

Frazod
12-13-2005, 02:47 PM

This is the key - one last chance for Madden to give Favre another nationally-televised 3 hour hummer before Favre retires and Madden dies of old age.

Hopefully both will happen sooner rather than later. :grr:

Garcia Bronco
12-13-2005, 04:15 PM
MNF is dead....it's going to a pay channel.

SNF is the new thing...it's on Sunday and the games are TBD on network TV....except Fox and CBS have a few vetos throughout the season.