PDA

View Full Version : LJ on Sirius NFLRadio soon...

dtebbe
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Can't wait to hear this, they are also gonna have Fujita on there...

It would be great if they were on at the same time, maybe LJ can actually block Fuj on the phone :)

They are saying 6:20p est.

DT

Wa-Z
12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
weird...fujita on national radio, he ain't that good is he?

jspchief
12-13-2005, 02:10 PM
weird...fujita on national radio, he ain't that good is he?AskTeam Roc.

Wa-Z
12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
AskTeam Roc.

I don't think they signed Fujita, did they?

Bwana
12-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Cool, but I hope he doesn't go all Leon on us while on the air.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I just hope the for the whole interview he is throwing up the <> sign.

Braincase
12-13-2005, 02:45 PM
weird...fujita on national radio, he ain't that good is he?

I don't know...compare his numbers to a real outside linebacker, like Kendrell Bell...

sedated
12-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't know...compare his numbers to a real outside linebacker, like Kendrell Bell...

Bell is a PLAYMAKER! there's no comparison.

I'm glad we released the cheap one and grossly overpaid the injured one.

Might have something to do with that "Zero Playoff Wins in 12 Years" thing.

Spicy McHaggis
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Bell is a PLAYMAKER! there's no comparison.

I'm glad we released the cheap one and grossly overpaid the injured one.

Might have something to do with that "Zero Playoff Wins in 12 Years" thing.

We traded him technically. There just wasn't enough room for Fujita with Scanlon on the roster. It made perfect sense to get rid of the lone bright spot of the 2002 draft.

BigChiefFan
12-13-2005, 03:28 PM
EVERYBODY in their right mind would have traded Fujita after they acquired Bell. Especially considering how well Fox was doing, too. Bell hasn't lived up to his billing, but I would have made the same move,too. Bell vs Fujita is a no-brainer.

jspchief
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
We're saving Bell for the games that count.

Iowanian
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Bell has been a disappointment, that is for sure. Its either that, or unreasonable expectations on my part.

I'm glad Fujita is doing well. He'd have been good vet depth, but would have been gone after this year with nothing in return. He was traded on Conditional picks, and the more he plays, the better pick the Chiefs will get for his loss.

At the time, it made sense with Griffin and Fox looking good. Who knew they'd both end up on IR...

What did Clifford Franklin have to say today?

philfree
12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
EVERYBODY in their right mind would have traded Fujita after they acquired Bell. Especially considering how well Fox was doing, too. Bell hasn't lived up to his billing, but I would have made the same move,too. Bell vs Fujita is a no-brainer.

DJ took Fujita's spot. If DJ had been off the board we would have kept Fujita and he would have been our LOLB. But with Fox and Griffin as well as Bell and Johnson we were sitting pretty fat at OLB. Barber was on PUP. Fujita was expendable.....to bad he got revenge for being let go.

PhilFree:arrow:

sedated
12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Bell vs Fujita is a no-brainer.

but what about Fujita vs. Griffin, Scanlon, Grigsby, Barber

Warrior5
12-13-2005, 04:22 PM
We're saving Bell for the games that count.

That's right, starting this Saturday.

Keep $%^&*@! doubting Kendrell Bell!

Iowanian
12-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Fujita was on the last year of his contract and could have wanted to be a starter. I don't see how he would have stayed in KC, and the Chiefs obviously needed an upgrade at his position.

I liked Fujita but letting him go, in order to keep younger ascending players with more speed and less hit on the cap after this year was a no brainer.

In return, the Chiefs also gain a draft pick...and a better one the more he plays.

sedated
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
But this was supposed to be "The Year"

who cares what the impact will be next year.

we knew the "window" was closing, should have kept experience over youthful talent.

The Rick
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
In return, the Chiefs also gain a draft pick...and a better one the more he plays.
Maybe that's why LJ whiffed on that "block"...so we could get a better draft choice. :hmmm:

Pants
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Maybe that's why LJ whiffed on that "block"...so we could get a better draft choice. :hmmm:

ROFL

Rain Man
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Fujita was on the last year of his contract and could have wanted to be a starter. I don't see how he would have stayed in KC, and the Chiefs obviously needed an upgrade at his position.

I liked Fujita but letting him go, in order to keep younger ascending players with more speed and less hit on the cap after this year was a no brainer.

It'd be cool if there was a clause in the trade that gave us a first-round pick if he registered a sack with a forced fumble that was returned for more than fifty yards in a game against the Chiefs. I'll bet that Carl didn't hold firm on that point, though.

tk13
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
It'd be cool if there was a clause in the trade that gave us a first-round pick if he registered a sack with a forced fumble that was returned for more than fifty yards in a game against the Chiefs. I'll bet that Carl didn't hold firm on that point, though.
He's getting soft in his old age.

Kclee
12-13-2005, 05:17 PM
On ESPN radio they were talking Fantasy Football for next year and the expert was asked who 'The Guy' will be next year and he said LJ. The host was like "really? Even over LT?" The expert said definetly, even over Alexander. He said LJ is amazing.

Ralphy Boy
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
On ESPN radio they were talking Fantasy Football for next year and the expert was asked who 'The Guy' will be next year and he said LJ. The host was like "really? Even over LT?" The expert said definetly, even over Alexander. He said LJ is amazing.

Lovely, just lovely. Too bad my fantasy league isn't a keeper league and also, that'll come in handy for LJ in the offseason when he wants a new contract.

Kclee
12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Lovely, just lovely. Too bad my fantasy league isn't a keeper league and also, that'll come in handy for LJ in the offseason when he wants a new contract.

Heh. LJ will tell Carl: " Hey Carl, I saw who you picked 1st in your FFL, now show me the money!"

RINGLEADER
12-13-2005, 06:07 PM
So what'd he say?

Calcountry
12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
I just hope the for the whole interview he is throwing up the <> sign.When the snap the ball, he needs to approach the handoff point with his hands out stretched making the <> sign and Green can hand the ball off into it.

VonneMarie
12-13-2005, 07:36 PM
So... he said nothing?

penchief
12-13-2005, 08:23 PM

Ditka says he's the best back in the league.

Skip Towne
12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Ditka says he's the best back in the league.
Ditka is right.

dtebbe
12-13-2005, 10:46 PM
It was a pretty boring interview, nothing ground breaking. I thought LJ kinda sounded a little like Mike Tyson, not the brute you expect. He walked the line and sounded like a team player for the most part, saying he didn't blame the loss on the defense, or Tynes that they all had opportunites to put Dallas away and none of them did. He gave props to Roaf, saying no matter what his age or size that he was the best in the league, and that he owned the left side. Said his limited carries at the beginning of the year really prepared him for sliding into the starting role, and said he likes being up agaist tough competition the final weeks, because if they expect to beat those teams in the playoffs they need to beat them now too.

He seemed like he was trying to play nice.

DT