PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who does not want the embarrassment of this team in the playoffs?

Logical
12-13-2005, 09:15 PM
So that we can hear people like Taglibue after we go one and out once again.

Sorry we don't have the talent this year, but to me that is our reality. We are not good enough to beat any playoff caliber team on the road.

Flame on

Hammock Parties
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
How are we an embarrassment this year?

We didn't embarrass ourselves in Dallas by any stretch of the imagination.

We'd had a tough schedule and overcame some very tough injuries. If the Chiefs are an "embarrassment," the Patriots have been a disaster this year.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes

Logical
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
How are we an embarrassment this year?

We didn't embarrass ourselves in Dallas by any stretch of the imagination.

We'd had a tough schedule and overcame some very tough injuries. If the Chiefs are an "embarrassment," the Patriots have been a disaster this year.Wow you managed not to read it correctly in two different locations. I am talking about us embarrasing ourselves in the playoffs like we did the last time.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Wow you managed not to read it correctly in two different locations. I am talking about us embarrasing ourselves in the playoffs like we did the last time.

OK, I see what you are saying now.

I see no reason to think that we will embarrass ourselves in the playoffs this year.

An "embarrassment" is what the Colts did to Denver the last two seasons. That won't happen to us.

Skip Towne
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM

Sorry we don't have the talent this year, but to me that is our reality. We are not good enough to beat any playoff caliber team on the road.

Flame on
Damn Vlad, you take negativity to great heights of ridiculosity. Did you get your dick caught in your zipper?

tk13
12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Eh, it'd be a real tough task to go on the road and win that many times, but I'd rather be in than not be in. I don't think that's even a question.

In reality, there's a team out there that's 13-0 and killing everybody so everybody in the AFC is fighting an uphill battle with the risk of embarrassment, if we get in we're lumped with the rest of them, might as well give ourselves a chance.

Logical
12-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Damn Vlad, you take negativity to great heights of ridiculosity. Did you get your dick caught in your zipper?
I would respond but I don't believe that is a word so there is no meaning to respond to you old fart.;)

nychief
12-13-2005, 09:22 PM
I am not going to torch you - but I think you are underestimating what a dominant running game can do in the playoffs.

Logical
12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Eh, it'd be a real tough task to go on the road and win that many times, but I'd rather be in than not be in. I don't think that's even a question.

In reality, there's a team out there that's 13-0 and killing everybody so everybody in the AFC is fighting an uphill battle with the risk of embarrassment, if we get in we're lumped with the rest of them, might as well give ourselves a chance.

I know Carl and Carl will ride a playoff loss to inaction in the offseason. I prefer to not suffer the embarrassment and see Carl do something to try and improve the team next year. I have seen him do this every other year thing so long now it is not even amusing anymore.

Skip Towne
12-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I would respond but I don't believe that is word so there is no meaning to respond to you old fart.;)
Ridiculosity is definately a Planet word. It was coined by Sidewinder but he did it behind your back because he was afraid you would bitch about it it. Which you did.

Iowanian
12-13-2005, 09:25 PM
IF the Chiefs win enough games in this final stretch of 6 games to make the playoffs, vs the competition they've played, they'll not be embarrassing anyone.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I know Carl and Carl will ride a playoff loss to inaction in the offseason. I prefer to not suffer the embarrassment and see Carl do something to try and improve the team next year. I have seen him do this every other year thing so long now it is not even amusing anymore.

Oh god, you are right. I mean he definitely did that after all the other ones....and the last one was the worst.

I guess we might get a new DC. Best case scenario probably.

morphius
12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
If we can be competitive I would rather be in the playoff's, its much more embarrassing sitting at home.

WilliamTheIrish
12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Here's my thoughts:

We ain't going to make it in anyway. The Chiefs gave it away, after giving their all last week.

Jeremy "The Biotch" Shockey will NFC Player Of The Week after watching what Jason witten did to us last week.

We get waxed in NY, then fall on our asses against San Diego, and complete the collapse by getting blown out at home by the Gals.

We aren't going to have to worry about embarrasment in the playoffs.

Regular season embarrasment should be enough this season.

tk13
I don't know, I really don't think DV is coming back so I imagine there'll be quite a few changes, and I'd imagine Carl already has them in mind....

Plus it depends on who retires and whatnot. The defense is getting better, just gotta keep adding to it, and maybe find a LT if Roaf retires. If Roaf doesn't, we just slide Black to RG and carry on, we've got a dominant offense, great running game, and a defense that hits people. I think we're fielding a pretty decent team right now.

Logical
Ridiculosity is definately a Planet word. It was coined by Sidewinder but he did it behind your back because he was afraid you would bitch about it it. Which you did.ROFL

Skip Towne
IF the Chiefs win enough games in this final stretch of 6 games to make the playoffs, vs the competition they've played, they'll not be embarrassing anyone.
We have 6 games left? You're a product of the Iowa public school system aren't you? Or did you go to one of those one room schoolhouses?

Iowanian
12-13-2005, 09:31 PM
no spider....I was talking about the final 6 on the schedule.

Take another spoon of Ginko in the fiber tang in the morning.

Logical
12-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Here's my thoughts:

We ain't going to make it in anyway. The Chiefs gave it away, after giving their all last week.

Jeremy "The Biotch" Shockey will NFC Player Of The Week after watching what Jason witten did to us last week.

We get waxed in NY, then fall on our asses against San Diego, and complete the collapse by getting blown out at home by the Gals.

I am not quite a pessimistic as you I definitely think we will one of the remaining three.

WilliamTheIrish
12-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I figure that by writing them off now, I'll have a merry Christmas.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I am not quite a pessimistic as you I definitely think we will one of the remaining three.

9-7 huh? Didn't you predict 11-5?

milkman
Ridiculosity is definately a Planet word. It was coined by Sidewinder but he did it behind your back because he was afraid you would bitch about it it. Which you did.

Bullshit!

I ain't afraid of no freakin' evil mastermind!

Don't tell Jim I said that, though :eek:

Chiefnj
It looks like the first round game would be at Cincy or at NE. I don't think either team would "embarass" the Chiefs. The Chiefs have shown that they can beat NE. On the road would be tough, but NE has been decimated by injuries this year and KC should keep it close.

Cincy would be a shootout. The Chiefs would have a pretty good chance in that game. It's not like the Bengals have a great Home Field Advantage, nor do they have postseason experience. A young team can always find ways of making mistakes.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a win, but I certainly don't expect them to get blown out or embarassed.

suds79
12-13-2005, 09:36 PM

Flame on

Vlad I can somewhat understand what you're saying.

The thing is it sounds like that's kinda the attitude I used to have of either you win it all or you win nothing. I truely believed that.

The problem with that type of logic is that you will always be down as only 1 team can take it all the way.

I realized a long time ago this season that this team wasn't good enough to win it all or probably even advance deep into the playoffs.

So I've learned to enjoy each win for what it is. I enjoy seeing this team try to make the playoffs when the odds are against them.

Will we get bounced, yeah probably so. So why not enjoy the ride and when that time comes, we'll face it.

BigChiefFan
In today's NFL, ANY team can get hot. Just look at the Vikings. If the Chiefs get on a roll, we could be a force to reckon with. No way am I embarassed by the team's play, we've been in every game this year and should have won a couple more games, IMO. Come on, Vlad, where's the love?

Iowanian
If you guys were REAL Chief fans, you'd know that my bad girlfriend(see Chiefs), will win the next 2, and need to win on Jan 1 vs Cinci, who will be resting their big 3 for the playoffs, and get blown out.

stevieray
12-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Most likely the opponent.

headsnap
12-13-2005, 09:50 PM

Flame on
You gave up on the war before it even started, why should we expect you to be any different with your football fandom.

You diminish your expectations so the letdown will hurt less, but the reward of victory will also be much less.

I remember one Christmas as a kid, there was all this stuff I wanted, and I was so crushed when I didn't get it. The next year, I didn't ask for, or expect to get a thing, I didn't get my hopes up and I wasn't let down on Christmas morning. But I also learned something that morning - that feeling I felt was numbness!

NUMB is a terrible way to spend your life!!!!

chiefsfolife
12-13-2005, 09:54 PM

Flame on

I thinks thats the exact definition of a pussy...yea you're a pussy

Logical
12-13-2005, 10:03 PM
9-7 huh? Didn't you predict 11-5?I would have to look it up I am thinking I said 10-6 with luck we could finish 11-5.

Logical
12-13-2005, 10:15 PM
I thinks thats the exact definition of a pussy...yea you're a pussyI don't even know who you are, let alone care what you have to say.

philfree
12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Am I the only one who does not want the embarrassment of this team in the playoffs?

I'm pretty sure that's an accurate statement.

PhilFree:arrow:

craneref
12-13-2005, 10:24 PM
I know that I am a homer and see things through CHIEFS Red and Gold glasses, but IMHO this team DOES have the talent to win it all this year. That is what is SO disappointing to me to watch them lose games the way they do. I would agree with the word disappointing :banghead: at times with the team, but NOT embarrassment :hmmm: , I personally think that is an overplay of where this team stands. For the record, HELL YES :cuss: I want this team in the playoffs, once there everyone is 0-0 and all you need is a good run. GO CHIEFS

WilliamTheIrish
12-13-2005, 10:26 PM
This team has the offense to win it al.

The D?

No way.

Stinger
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Why not just say "am I the only one who does not want this team in the playoffs? Just so I will not have something to bitch about."

If they make the playoffs they will either play in the First round 1) Denver - we split games this year. 2) Cinnci - both teams are similar so could go either way.

Next we would probably get the Colts last time I looked besides Jax and the Pats we are the last ones to beat them, with a less talented Defense.

Anything can happen in a playoff all you need is the oppertunity. I just hope we can make that a reality this year.

The Rick
12-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Tell us how you really feel, Negative Nancy.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-13-2005, 10:44 PM
the way the offense is rolling we can hang with any team in the league. colts are on another level, but i'd at least like a shot at em.

thebrad84
12-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I know that I am a homer and see things through CHIEFS Red and Gold glasses, but IMHO this team DOES have the talent to win it all this year. That is what is SO disappointing to me to watch them lose games the way they do. I would agree with the word disappointing :banghead: at times with the team, but NOT embarrassment :hmmm: , I personally think that is an overplay of where this team stands. For the record, HELL YES :cuss: I want this team in the playoffs, once there everyone is 0-0 and all you need is a good run. GO CHIEFS

My god do we ever have the talent. Both our offense and our defense has the talent to go very far in the playoffs, if not win the whole damn thing....What we lack is coaching. Dick Vermeil and his coaching staff is retarded. Time and time again they make ridiculous decisions (i.e. calling time out with 1:20 left in the first half last week when we should have been running the clock out). If you don't think dick vermeil or his coaches are idiots...look at his freaking "CHALLENGE" rating over the years he has been here. Good coaches use those wisely. Bad coaches do not. Dick Vermeil is a bad coach. Good father figure for the team, but bad coach.

*Remember Htismarqe or whatever your damn name is...this is MY OPINION on the matter. Figured I better throw that in there because you seem to have problems figuring it out on your own.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-13-2005, 10:56 PM
a week of bad Chiefs football is better than no Chiefs football

chefsos
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
I think that when all is said and done- either winning it all, a playoff loss, or missing the playoffs- I believe I will have enjoyed this season more than any of the previous ten or more.

Certainly more than last year, which was a disaster from day 1. Yes, there were faint hopes midseason, but quickly dashed.

Oddly, also more than '03, because all the early success and wild expectations only left me waiting for the other shoe to drop, every small failure and imperfection that cropped up only causing a sense of dread, of what else can happen now to screw this up.

No, this season is like a baseball pennant race, with scoreboard watching, tiebreaker speculation, the works. Isn't it? When is the last time the Chiefs were involved in a tight playoff chase? For the last decade it's been 13-3 or bust. No fun.

I, personally, love this stuff. And I'll not be embarrassed by anything that happens with this team, either wonderful or painful, from this point forward.

Talisman
12-13-2005, 11:17 PM
I would respond but I don't believe that is a word so there is no meaning to respond to you old fart.;)
Quit being so disigerent.

joesomebody
12-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow you managed not to read it correctly in two different locations. I am talking about us embarrasing ourselves in the playoffs like we did the last time.I'd rather be embarrassed in the playoffs than have our guys sitting at home come play off time.

Vlad, sometimes I think you take after Whitlock and just try to stir shit...

Do I want our team to finish strong and make the play offs, **** yes.

Do I think we'll make the super bowl, **** no but I wouldn't mind seeing us make the play offs and give it a try. And hell, who knows, even if we don't make it all the way, maybe we can be the team that throws a wrench in Indy or Denver's super bowl aspirations :D

Hoover
12-13-2005, 11:24 PM

Flame on
I'll be able to take it.

Heck, ya never know what will happen once you are in the playoffs.

chiefsfolife
12-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Flame on

are you seriously that stupid. If we make the playoffs we will more than likely have to beat the giants in new york which is a playoff team. Are you trying to look like an idiot or what man...seriously you're an embarrasment to all chief fans

C-Mac
12-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Burrrupp...

CoMoChief
12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
If our defense really needs the 12th man (Arrowhead Stadium) to back them up to play respectable defense, then theres no way we are going to do anything this post-season, and DV will retire.

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2005, 12:16 AM
The Chiefs in the playoffs will be no more embarrassing than the NFC teams that make it. I want our season to go on for as long as possible because you never know what might happen. And any day with a Chiefs game on is a good day.

Logical
12-14-2005, 12:20 AM
are you seriously that stupid. If we make the playoffs we will more than likely have to beat the giants in new york which is a playoff team. Are you trying to look like an idiot or what man...seriously you're an embarrasment to all chief fansLet me repeat, I don't even know who you are, let alone care what you have to say. Writing more words does not change that.

Johnson&Johnson
12-14-2005, 12:22 AM
He has a point. If we make it to the playoffs, more than likely we'll be facing the Bungals on back to back weeks.

What are the chances of us beating them at home and then going over to their house and kick their ass?

.... VERY GOOD!:drool:

No embarrasment. We'll make a statement and sweep Cincy this year!

Logical
12-14-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd rather be embarrassed in the playoffs than have our guys sitting at home come play off time.

Vlad, sometimes I think you take after Whitlock and just try to stir shit...

Do I want our team to finish strong and make the play offs, **** yes.

Do I think we'll make the super bowl, **** no but I wouldn't mind seeing us make the play offs and give it a try. And hell, who knows, even if we don't make it all the way, maybe we can be the team that throws a wrench in Indy or Denver's super bowl aspirations :D;)

Halfcan
12-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Yep it is better to have never tried than failed than to fail after you have tried.

Chiefs should just skip the rest of the season to avoid the embarassment of a posible loss.

HemiEd
12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
I just got back last night from Germany and watched the game on the DVR as soon as I got in the house. The Chiefs had every opportunity to stomp the Cowboys in the ground and did not. It should not even have been a close game.
To answer your question, I want to see them every game I can, so yes I want them in the playoofs.

Baby Lee
12-14-2005, 07:40 AM
IMO, we are TALENTED enough to beat any team on any field at any time.
The problem is knowing what team will show up, or what lurking, semi-hidden, weakness will be burst wide open.

jcl-kcfan2
12-14-2005, 07:53 AM

Flame on

Yes, you are.

KCTitus
12-14-2005, 07:55 AM
In 2003, I would have agreed, but not this year. If by some stretch KC manages to make it. I look forward to that playoff game. Who knows, maybe they could pull one off and then the most overused phrase on this BB would die down for at least one off season.

Mecca
12-14-2005, 08:03 AM
If the games on the road, which a playoff game would be. This team will almost surely find a way to screw it up. This team does not play well on the road, especially against teams that are good.

chagrin
12-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Let me repeat, I don't even know who you are, let alone care what you have to say. Writing more words does not change that.

Ahh,the two headed monster is back. Please "flame" me on my thread but let me post a rebuttle to your post telling you that I don't care what you say... :shake:

shakesthecat
12-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Embarrassed at making the playoffs?

That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read here.

Dartgod
12-14-2005, 08:22 AM
DUMB is a terrible way to spend your life!!!!
Fixed your post...

Gaz
12-14-2005, 08:28 AM
See you next season.

xoxo~
Gaz
Will not have to endure more VL posts this way.

Duck Dog
12-14-2005, 08:34 AM
See you next season.

xoxo~
Gaz
Will not have to endure more VL posts this way.

No kidding. Ever since he and meme started their online love affair, he has taken on the roll of her worse half.

Inspector
12-14-2005, 08:35 AM
You gave up on the war before it even started, why should we expect you to be any different with your football fandom.

You diminish your expectations so the letdown will hurt less, but the reward of victory will also be much less.

I remember one Christmas as a kid, there was all this stuff I wanted, and I was so crushed when I didn't get it. The next year, I didn't ask for, or expect to get a thing, I didn't get my hopes up and I wasn't let down on Christmas morning. But I also learned something that morning - that feeling I felt was numbness!

Some people pay good money to feel numb.

siberian khatru
12-14-2005, 08:37 AM
I may not expect this team to win many times, but I sure as hell don't want to see them LOSE.

KCTitus
12-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Ahh,the two headed monster is back. Please "flame" me on my thread but let me post a rebuttle to your post telling you that I don't care what you say... :shake:

I guess Jim's trying to pick up the slack since Proctor disappeared after Marty choked last year.

Bwana
12-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I'll take my chances. I would just as soon make it and get beat, than sit out on the couch watching someone else thinking................what if?

morphius
12-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Seriously, I still can only fathom one reason for me not to want my team to make the playoff's, and that is if my team played like the Donx in the playoff's the last two years. Kind of like the fact that I would like for my team to make the Superbowl, but if they play like the Raiders did the last time they went, then hell no.

Heck, the donx couldn't keep Baltimore from driving into the red zone something like 6 times this weekend and put up 12 points? Jax is so beatable that it isn't funny. We already destroyed the Pats. We should be able to at least make any of these playoff teams fight for the win.

TrickyNicky
12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Who cares what Paul Tagliabue thinks about us if we lose? That's a very stupid reason for not wanting your team to participate in the biggest sports post-season in the USA.

Kclee
12-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Yep. He probably frees his knuckle children all over T.V. when the Chiefs lose. It makes him happy to tell us how shitty the team is.

Warrior5
12-14-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd rather be in the playoffs than out, and I could care less what Tagliabue says.

Inspector
12-14-2005, 09:56 AM
One of my favorite things is watching a Chiefs game. So no matter what the circumstance, I want them to play. And I don't get embarassed by a loss.

I do however get embarassed if I puke in public.

Or get caught picking my nose.

dsgreene285
12-14-2005, 10:05 AM
There is absolutely nothing embarrasing about making the playoffs. No one wants to go one and out, but the only chance you have of doing any better than that is to be in the playoffs. It would also be good experience for guys like DJ and LJ who we hope have long successful careers in KC.

keg in kc
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I guess Jim's trying to pick up the slack since Proctor disappeared after Marty choked last year.You know, there is a striking similarity.

:hmmm:

Messier
12-14-2005, 10:21 AM
My feeling is that people that brace themselves for disappointment are trying trying to do something that isn't possible, protect themselves from getting angry or depressed if the Chiefs lose. You're still going to get upset if your prediction comes true you just retain the right to gloat. If the Chiefs prove you wrong you just say hey I'm glad I was wrong, but you don't really get that great feeling of always believing it would work. So, you pick your side, pessimistic but hopeful, or blindly allegiant, it's a tought call.

Logical
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Ahh,the two headed monster is back. Please "flame" me on my thread but let me post a rebuttle to your post telling you that I don't care what you say... :shake:I honestly don't have a clue who that is, I have not responded to anyone else that way.

jspchief
12-14-2005, 10:30 AM
One of my favorite things is watching a Chiefs game. So no matter what the circumstance, I want them to play. Exactly. The Chiefs only play 16 games per year. If I can get another week of watching my team, I'm all for it.

Besides, it's the f*cking play-offs. Only 12 teams in the league make it. That alone is an accomplishment that sets the Chiefs above 20 other teams in the league.

If you think that is an embarrassment, regardless if we lose, you are giving too much credit to the ridiculous rambling of Bronco trolls and the like. You have to crawl before you can walk.

Brock
12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Of course the resident closet Bronco fan doesn't want the Chiefs in the playoffs. Why would anyone be surprised by that?

Donger
12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
No kidding. Ever since he and meme started their online love affair, he has taken on the roll of her worse half.

It certainly seems that way. That side seems to relish in negativity.

Anyway, yes, I'd like for the Chiefs to make the playoffs. I don't believe that its a forgone conclusion that they will make it embarrassing. Therefore, even if it ends up that way, I'd still rather that they try.

It is a spectator sport, after all.

Area 51
12-14-2005, 10:42 AM

Flame on

I would guess that you are waiting for the beginning of next year so you can be on the bandwaggon again.

Just in case the Chiefs make it into the playoffs and just incase they win a game or more I would like to see you NOT supporting the Chiefs. After all, they will be doing something that you feel is over their capabilities.

As for me, I'm a Chiefs fan, win - lose or draw. If their record is 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be a Chiefs fan. I may not like what they do during the season but I will not be a turncoat like you.

Enjoy your miserey.

kregger
12-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Embarrassing is the word for your thread topic. Take that shit to another board. Any Cheifs fan who doesn't want his team in the playoffs can root for someone else.

MahiMike
12-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I too don't want to see us go 1 and done. I'd rather not make it to the playoffs than doing that.

Still, you have to try. Let's just hope we don't end up going to Denver !

bogie
12-14-2005, 11:57 AM

Does your sig mean you're from Crane?

jspchief
12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Rooting for the Chiefs isn't a f*cking merit badge.

Some people need to re-examine the reason they watch these games.

chiefs4me
12-14-2005, 12:06 PM

Flame on

Good God, what kind of freaking drugs are you taking old man.......you want to know what I am embarrassed about.........YOU, saying stupid shit like this......please find another team to support, the chiefs don't need fans like you......:rolleyes:

Rausch
12-14-2005, 12:11 PM

Flame on

The Broncos lost to the Colts the FIRST time by more points than all of our 90's playoff losses and our 03 loss COMBINED.

The Bronco's then went on to not only play as pathetic in the playoffs as anyone in recent memory they did it 3 straight years.

At least our playoff loss was winable. It was 7 pts.

Who teh **** are we worried about not impressing?

bogie
12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Me thinks Vlad is a jester.

chefsos
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Me thinks Vlad is a jester.
Agree. I thought there was something wrong with his cheek, but now I realize that is probably because his tongue is stuck in it. At any rate, we all know he gets a kick out of this kind of thread.

Logical
12-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Embarrassing is the word for your thread topic. Take that shit to another board. Any Chiefs fan who doesn't want his team in the playoffs can root for someone else.

You can flame but you need to have some status to tell a BB veteran to leave. Be gone little smurf.ROFL

Logical
12-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Agree. I thought there was something wrong with his cheek, but now I realize that is probably because his tongue is stuck in it. At any rate, we all know he gets a kick out of this kind of thread.

Ya think, it is indeed humorous to watch everyone getting overwrought over the way another poster says he feels. Hell I have been guilty on other topics in the past, it happens to us all.

Donger
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Ya think, it is indeed humorous to watch everyone getting overwrought over the way another poster says he feels. Hell I have been guilty on other topics in the past, it happens to us all.

Then again, perhaps some of us knew, and chose to reverse, double mind **** you.

Logical
12-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Then again, perhaps some of us knew, and chose to reverse, double mind **** you.Just watching the n00bs makes it all worthwhile. Hell I have no clue who most of them are yet some feel that personal insults will do anything more than make me laugh.

chefsos
12-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Just watching the n00bs makes it all worthwhile. Hell I have no clue who most of them are yet some feel that personal insults will do anything more than make me laugh.
Watch it. That Chiefsfolife guy will **** you up with his keyboard fist. It's true. Just ask him. :rolleyes:

Logical
12-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Watch it. That Chiefsfolife guy will **** you up with his keyboard fist. It's true. Just ask him. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can set up a Cage match between the Keyboard Fist and the Keyboard of Doom. Watching Iowegian crush him would be hillarious.

bogie
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Just watching the n00bs makes it all worthwhile. Hell I have no clue who most of them are yet some feel that personal insults will do anything more than make me laugh.

Nothing wrong with shaking things up a little. Some of us n00bs tend to over-react. The ones that are spitting fire at you definately add some spice. :)

Dartgod
12-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Section 1: What Is A Troll?

The WWW gives this as a definition:

troll v.,n. To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies"; which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling";, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite.

The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll.

If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Mr. Laz
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
seems to me like the problem with this team is as much mental toughness as it is talent.

don't get me wrong, the talent along our defensive line isn't anything to cheer about but imo if this team was well prepared and focus each game they would be waaaaaaaay better.

i put this year on the coaching staff, not personnel dept.

Logical
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
seems to me like the problem with this team is as much mental toughness as it is talent.

don't get me wrong, the talent along our defensive line isn't anything to cheer about but imo if this team was well prepared and focus each game they would be waaaaaaaay better.

i put this year on the coaching staff, not personnel dept.I definitely agree on the lack of mental toughness. To be fair I think injuries have also played a fairly significant role as well.

cadmonkey
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
If the Chiefs are an "embarrassment," the Patriots have been a disaster this year.

Ya, whats you're point? I don't think we are good enough to even be invited to the playoffs, but the AFC east is so awful this year we are getting the invite by default.

mlyonsd
12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Way to go Vlad, you got everyone rolling on that one.

Area 51
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Way to go Vlad, you got everyone rolling on that one.

I'd agree that it might be humerous if he wasn't dead serious. I don't think Vlad would cross the street to see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Logical
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I'd agree that it might be humerous if he wasn't dead serious. I don't think Vlad would cross the street to see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.ROFL yea that is why I spend nearly 2 grand every year flying out me and one of my kids to attend Chiefs games.:harumph:

:hmmm: Hmmm maybe this isn't Tom Cash after all, he does know that.

Area 51
12-14-2005, 03:14 PM
ROFL yea that is why I spend nearly 2 grand every year flying out me and one of my kids to attend Chiefs games.:harumph:

:hmmm: Hmmm maybe this isn't Tom Cash after all, he does know that.

Not to digress, but your comments in the main post indicates those days are over.

chagrin
12-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Somebody please post the link to the thread where Tom Cash went off, I am really getting curious about this whole thing>??

Logical
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Not to digress, but your comments in the main post indicates those days are over.

No they don't, you are simply wrong. I went to the Redskins game this year and I definitely plan to go to a game or two next year.

Logical
12-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Somebody please post the link to the thread where Tom Cash went off, I am really getting curious about this whole thing>??
He was posting under the username Electric

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119853

be warned this thread is over 500 posts long. There are many others but most have been lost to the great database purge.

chagrin
12-14-2005, 03:27 PM
He was posting under the username Electric

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119853

be warned this thread is over 500 posts long. There are many others but most have been lost to the great database purge.

I remember that one, but I was under the impression that the whole Tom Cash thing, was prior to this. I mean, I thought I read somewhere that he and Phobia had a fight or whatever a while back...?

I know it's probably a waste of time, but everybody mentions it so much, it must have been a dandy.

And who is Lipshitz and Vanilla Thunder, are they also his aliases?

Mr. Laz
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
And who is Lipshitz and Vanilla Thunder, are they also his aliases?
vanilla thunder isn't area 51 or tom cash

he's the "man with no pants"

chagrin
12-14-2005, 03:44 PM
vanilla thunder isn't area 51 or tom cash

he's the "man with no pants"

Eeewww!

go bo
12-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Embarrassing is the word for your thread topic. Take that shit to another board. Any Chiefs fan who doesn't want his team in the playoffs can root for someone else.thank you for your opinion...

but vlad is not going to take his act anywhere anytime soon, other than a part-time gig at the unmentionable place where the unnamed one defected to...

look at his join date and post count...

and for you others who think vlad's cyber behavior has changed somehow, it seems to me that he has always enjoyed being a dick, er... evil mastermind, for a long long time...

this thread topic is just fine, it's interesting enough for me to read and to post on and that's what threads are supposed to do...

go bo
12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Somebody please post the link to the thread where Tom Cash went off, I am really getting curious about this whole thing>??cash classics abound...

over the years there have been some doozies...

sorry i can't provide links to any off the top of my head, but i think there's at least one in the romper room...

chagrin
12-14-2005, 03:58 PM
cash classics abound...

over the years there have been some doozies...

sorry i can't provide links to any off the top of my head, but i think there's at least one in the romper room...

That's what I'm talking about, what started all of it? Is he generally an asshat?

go bo
12-14-2005, 04:09 PM
check your smokes...

Calcountry
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I'll be able to take it.

Heck, ya never know what will happen once you are in the playoffs.We might, just might, hold onto a pick 6 and JA will force 3 fumbles, and LJ will put up 3 <>'s.

Calcountry
12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
The Chiefs in the playoffs will be no more embarrassing than the NFC teams that make it. I want our season to go on for as long as possible because you never know what might happen. And any day with a Chiefs game on is a good day.:thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM
...And who is Vanilla Thunder...

Who?

The Bad Guy
12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

Flame on

Sorry, but no god damn fan ever says this.

This further proves that you're really a Bronco fan. Since when is an 8-5 team embarrasing?

Don't have the talent? If it's not now, when then? Our MLB is playing out of his mind. We have decent corners, a big time DE, our offensive line is still the best in the game and we have a great QB, RB and TE and two receivers who are filling their roles.

When is the talent going to be good enough for you?

It's one thing to be a pessimist, it's another to want to actually miss the playoffs.

Logical
12-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry, but no god damn fan ever says this.

This further proves that you're really a Bronco fan. Since when is an 8-5 team embarrasing?

Don't have the talent? If it's not now, when then? Our MLB is playing out of his mind. We have decent corners, a big time DE, our offensive line is still the best in the game and we have a great QB, RB and TE and two receivers who are filling their roles.

When is the talent going to be good enough for you?

It's one thing to be a pessimist, it's another to want to actually miss the playoffs.ROFL I never expected a BB vet to bite quite so hard.;)

Oh and talk to me when you have been a fan of this team for 40 years. This team does not have half the talent compared to our Super Bowl winning team. Course I doubt you were much more than an extra egg in your mom's ovaries at that point.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2005, 07:56 PM
ROFL I never expected a BB vet to bite quite so hard.

Ha, well you may have gotten me. Had a bad day at work and my trip to NY this weekend might get scratched because of a nasty storm.

Logical
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Ha, well you may have gotten me. Had a bad day at work and my trip to NY this weekend might get scratched because of a nasty storm.Sorry to hear it, New York this time of year is probably better off missed though.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
ROFL I never expected a BB vet to bite quite so hard.;)

Oh and talk to me when you have been a fan of this team for 40 years. This team does not have shit for talent compared to our Super Bowl winning team. Course I doubt you were much more than an extra egg in your mom's ovaries at that point.

You're right. Question my fandom because I'm not older than dirt.

Since when is the level of fan you are measured in age?

I'll imagine when I'm a fan of this team for another 25 years, I will never once say I'd rather miss the playoffs.

And you don't compare a SB team from 30 + years ago in a different NFL, with different style athletes, to the game of today. I could give a rat's dick what talent we had on this SB team. We have talent on this team. It's too bad you can't recognzie it.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear it, New York this time of year is probably better off missed though.

Well, I won't miss the game but had a nice weekend planned with the lady.

Oh well.

Logical
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM

I'll imagine when I'm a fan of this team for another 25 years, I will never once say I'd rather miss the playoffs.

And you don't compare a SB team from 30 + years ago in a different NFL, with different style athletes, to the game of today. I could give a rat's dick what talent we had on this SB team. We have talent on this team. It's too bad you can't recognzie it.I am not questioning your fandom I just think it is a little uncalled for even if you did bite to question the fandom of someone who has been following the team for 40 years well over 20 of them with shit teams on the field. I never said we had no talent just not sufficient talent.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I am not questioning your fandom I just think it is a little uncalled for even if you did bite to question the fandom of someone who has been following the team for 40 years well over 20 of them with shit teams on the field. I never said we had no talent just not sufficient talent.

Where are we lacking talent?

Receiver? Maybe. Safety? Maybe.

The Patriots won with dick talent last year.

I think the Chiefs, sans Indy, have just as much talent as anyone.

Logical
12-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Where are we lacking talent?

Receiver? Maybe. Safety? Maybe.

The Patriots won with dick talent last year.

I think the Chiefs, sans Indy, have just as much talent as anyone.Cmon bad guy,

We lack the talent at

DT (both of them)

DE (one and against the run with the Allen)

Kendrell Bell has not shown the talent he needs to for a chanmpionship caliber Linebacker

Safety you called it (Wesley just does not cut anymore)

Kicker (Tynes is no Stenerud)

Receiver (you called it)

finally we have no quality depth for:
O-line
CBs
Safeties
Defensive line
Quarterback
Runningback (only because Priest is already down)
Anyone gets hurt at these and we are screwed

Over-Head
12-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Flame on
Why heavens yes, by all means make the playoff's and CHOKE :fire:

KcMizzou
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Good lord. I'd hate to see what things would be like if we actually had a bad team.

Logical
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Good lord. I'd hate to see what things would be like if we actually had a bad team.That was last year and you were here.:D

chiefsfolife
12-14-2005, 08:30 PM
I know what you're doin here and I know you dont know me but seriously you need to shut the **** up....this is some pussy ass ****ed up bullshit and I dont care who you THINK you are

Logical
12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I know what you're doin here and I know you dont know me but seriously you need to shut the **** up....this is some pussy ass ****ed up bullshit and I dont care who you THINK you areI probably have created more 100 post threads than you have posts on the Planet n00B so get back in your closet.

chiefsfolife
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
I probably have created more 100 post threads than you have posts on the Planet n00B so get back in your closet.

wut up den

morphius
12-14-2005, 08:51 PM
I probably have created more 100 post threads than you have posts on the Planet n00B so get back in your closet.
I wouldn't be suprised if noob didn't have more 100 post threads then me.

philfree
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Cmon bad guy,

We lack the talent at

DT (both of them)

Kendrell Bell has not shown the talent he needs to for a chanmpionship caliber Linebacker

Receiver (you called it)

O-line
CBs
Safeties
Defensive line
Quarterback

I don't agree with your take on our talent. Your mind was made up before the mini-camps were over though so what's new?

philfree
12-14-2005, 08:58 PM
ROFL I never expected a BB vet to bite quite so hard.;)

Oh and talk to me when you have been a fan of this team for 40 years. This team does not have half the talent compared to our Super Bowl winning team. Course I doubt you were much more than an extra egg in your mom's ovaries at that point.

Seems like to me you've been a fuggin cry baby for 40 years. You're scared to have any belief the Chiefs might be good enough because it might hurt your little feelings. That's the most pussyfied thing I've ever heard or seen.

Logical
12-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I don't agree with your take on our talent. Your mind was made up before the mini-camps were over though so what's new?

PhilFree:arrow:Actually that is not true, I thought Bell was going to be good and that Mitchell was going to be the weakness it turned out just the opposite. I also had hopes that Sims was going to have a good season and that did not work out. I also thought RB was a strength as far as depth was concerned. The rest I did pretty much think was true clear back at that point.

Skip Towne
12-14-2005, 09:04 PM

And you don't compare a SB team from 30 + years ago in a different NFL, with different style athletes, to the game of today. I could give a rat's dick what talent we had on this SB team. We have talent on this team. It's too bad you can't recognzie it.
We don't have talent like that '69 team had, n00b.

chagrin
12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Actually that is not true, I thought Bell was going to be good and that Mitchell was going to be the weakness it turned out just the opposite. I also had hopes that Sims was going to have a good season and that did not work out. I also thought RB was a strength as far as depth was concerned. The rest I did pretty much think was true clear back at that point.

I have a question here, and I am genuinely curious:

Earlier in the day you basically stated, without stating it (as usual as to not commit to anything - fence rider) that you started this thread to watch n00bs and people of lesser credibility (imagined or not, to you) get all huffy.

Now you've got Saulbadguy and others hammering away and you are trying to be straight with them about it.

I do, wholeheartedly, believe you to be two faced, and when you get backed into a corner, you pull out the ole "I've been here longer than you" crap. I don't understand why you can't just take the shit you invited upon yourself, and if you want to fight back, play something else than "I've been here longer" or "I was around in 1969" that is truly pathetic.
By the way, I have been a CHIEFS fan for 26 years and didn't have the luxury of coming around with a championship team. I became a fan in the shitty days. I am quite qualified to present my opinion, which makes your running away from even the vets around here, a cowardly act - and shouldn't suprise anyone.

If you will only talk to 3 people on the board, create a chat room and go there.

Logical
12-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I have a question here, and I am genuinely curious:

Earlier in the day you basically stated, without stating it (as usual as to not commit to anything - fence rider) that you started this thread to watch n00bs and people of lesser credibility (imagined or not, to you) get all huffy.

Now you've got Saulbadguy and others hammering away and you are trying to be straight with them about it.

I do, wholeheartedly, believe you to be two faced, and when you get backed into a corner, you pull out the ole "I've been here longer than you" crap. I don't understand why you can't just take the shit you invited upon yourself, and if you want to fight back, play something else than "I've been here longer" or "I was around in 1969" that is truly pathetic.
By the way, I have been a CHIEFS fan for 26 years and didn't have the luxury of coming around with a championship team. I became a fan in the shitty days. I am quite qualified to present my opinion, which makes your running away from even the vets around here, a cowardly act - and shouldn't suprise anyone.

If you will only talk to 3 people on the board, create a chat room and go there.Shut up n00b ROFL

You seriously have some issues. I responded to a few of the vets if I thought they took the thread seriously. I also did not respond to noobs that did not become less than civil in their responses. I find you a mildly amusing diversion so by all means keep posting I can use the occasional laugh.

kregger
12-15-2005, 02:25 AM
You can flame but you need to have some status to tell a BB veteran to leave. Be gone little smurf.ROFL
Thanks for the lesson, pops.

greg63
12-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Yes Vlad, you are the only one. :shake:

The Bad Guy
12-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Cmon bad guy,

We lack the talent at

DT (both of them)

Receiver (you called it)

O-line
CBs
Safeties
Defensive line
Quarterback

This is really nit-picking. Flame Tynes because he's not one of the greatest kickers of all-time?

Bell was a championship caliber linebacker in Pittsburgh. He HAS the talent, he's just not using his talent.

You don't need all-world receivers either to win a SB. Did the Pats SB teams have all-world talent? No.

We have tons of quality depth at corner. Dwayne Washington is quality depth. We have depth at D-line. Hall, Wilkerson and Browning is quality depth. Our defensive tackles must be doing alright if we can stop the run.

Again, just because you, the ultra-pessimist, doesn't think we have the talent, doesn't mean it's not actually there.

I want you to go through all the playoff teams this year and show me two squads that don't have flaws.

chagrin
12-15-2005, 07:53 AM
Shut up n00b ROFL

I responded to a few of the vets if I thought they took the thread seriously. I also did not respond to noobs that did not become less than civil in their responses.

This is another perfect example of what I am talking about. Let me itemize it so you have nowhere else to hide from the truth.

You wrote, "I also did not respond to noobs that did not become less than civil in their responses."

Plenty of folks took the thread seriously and did not curse at you, then you pulled out, "I've been here longer and have started at least 100 more threads than you have...have been a fan since befopre you were born"

So let me get this straight, THIS is how you claim superiority? By running from the issue YOU created?

Then you made the sad attempt to say that it was a trap, you were trolling...giving the wink to Dartgod after he defined what he thought you were doing, basically admitting it. Again because you ahd nowhere to go.

You also write, "I responded to a few of the vets if I thought they took the thread seriously."

What of the vets that didn't respond so seriously? I saw one where you cowed down and said something like, "I didn't know someone who had been here so long could bite so hard." Because he took offense to your thread as well as others did.

So you mean to tell me that you think you can dictate not only who gets to respond to you, but in what way we have to respond as well?

I gave you perfectly normal arguments and all you can say us shut up n00b?

Dude, you are the one with the issues and the fact that you cannot even admit to them is a problem that can only lie within yourself. Pretending to be on some higher level and saying absolutely nothing and claiming some sort of superiority is friggin stupid, and funny as well.

You're a true dipshit, whatever your real name is. I am not the only one telling you that - just because you choose to ignore it doesn't erase that fact that you are a true dipshit.

You are tuly pitiful Melvin, you truly are a two faced - weak piece of shit. People like you get beat up in this world everyday by it. Just because you use "shifty" words to escape your punishment doesn't make you any more of a man than anyone else, or any more of a CHIEFS fan either

So, laugh away if you want but please, I was serious about asking why you used the two headed excuses for why you created this thread, but I suppose you will never, ever have the courage to admit your thread backfired on you.

ROYC75
12-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Playoffs ? Playoffs ? Are you kidding me, Playoffs ? I just want to win the next game.

All anybody needs to do is look at our road record this year.....

We not getting to far this year if we do sniff the playoffs.

KCTitus
12-15-2005, 08:27 AM
chagrin: A history lesson...

Jim invested all of his BB 'rep' stock in the imminent failure of one Larry Johnson. Ever since that blew up in his face, he's continued to save face by predicting defeat and doom at every turn.

It's a seductive and easy way on the BB since the only antidote is a SB win, and even then, Im sure Jim would find a way talk that down as well.

chagrin
12-15-2005, 08:31 AM
chagrin: A history lesson...

Jim invested all of his BB 'rep' stock in the emminent failure of one Larry Johnson. Ever since that blew up in his face, he's continued to save face by predicting defeat and doom at every turn.

It's a seductive and easy way on the BB since the only antidote is a SB win, and even then, Im sure Jim would find a way talk that down as well.

Thanks for the info, talk about being amusing, LOL!

stevieray
12-15-2005, 08:34 AM
We not getting to far this year if we do sniff the playoffs.

You do not know that.

ROYC75
12-15-2005, 08:51 AM
You do not know that.

True ...... It's just what I feel. This team has trouble on the road, has all year. Just because we put up big #'s in Dallas has not changed the way I feel .

stevieray
12-15-2005, 08:55 AM
True ...... It's just what I feel. This team has trouble on the road, has all year. Just because we put up big #'s in Dallas has not changed the way I feel .

most teams have a hard time winning on the road. It's not inclusive to the chiefs.

ROYC75
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
most teams have a hard time winning on the road. It's not inclusive to the chiefs.

OK, I'm not convinced this team has what it takes to win 3 playoff games on the road...........

Are you ?

ChiTown
12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
This thread is an embarrassment. Geezus, how can you call yourself a fan?...............

Logical
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
...."I've been here longer and have started at least 100 more threads than you have...have been a fan since befopre you were born"

So, laugh away if you want but please, I was serious about asking why you used the two headed excuses for why you created this thread, but I suppose you will never, ever have the courage to admit your thread backfired on you.First I said that I have created more threads that have gained 100 post responses than you have created posts period. Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

I probably have created more 100 post threads than you have posts on the Planet n00B so get back in your closet. If you are going to attempt to quote me use the quote function so you can get it right next time.

2nd my goal was to create a controversial thread that got a lot of responses it did that. The bulletin board memebers that know me understand that.

This thread was a great success it did exactly what I desired and it did not backfire in the least. The posters I care about I know, know me on a personal level and they also know what I consider important. I am not bothered by criticism I find it amusing when homers get so up in arms.

By the way Titus I was critical of the Chiefs and tended toward being a realist (you call it pessimist) clear back in the Star BB days (from 95 on) long before there was any LJ. If you are unwilling to acknowledge something you very well know is true then you are being disingenuous. Being a Chiefs fan for 40 years I have seen this organization f*ck things up over and over again, until they win a Super Bowl again I will reserve optimism for things that actually warrant it.

Logical
12-15-2005, 02:02 PM
This is really nit-picking. Flame Tynes because he's not one of the greatest kickers of all-time?

Bell was a championship caliber linebacker in Pittsburgh. He HAS the talent, he's just not using his talent.

You don't need all-world receivers either to win a SB. Did the Pats SB teams have all-world talent? No.

We have tons of quality depth at corner. Dwayne Washington is quality depth. We have depth at D-line. Hall, Wilkerson and Browning is quality depth. Our defensive tackles must be doing alright if we can stop the run.

Again, just because you, the ultra-pessimist, doesn't think we have the talent, doesn't mean it's not actually there.

I want you to go through all the playoff teams this year and show me two squads that don't have flaws.

Bad Guy,

Just a reminder I said we did not have sufficient talent to win playoff games on the road, not that we had no talent at all. I justified my statement I was not trying to justify a statement that we had no talent at all like you have now twice tried to imply.

chiefsfolife
12-15-2005, 02:08 PM
First I said that I have created more threads that have gained 100 post responses than you have created posts period. If you are going to attempt to quote me use the quote function so you can get it right next time.

2nd my goal was to create a controversial thread that got a lot of responses it did that. The bulletin board memebers that know me understand that.

This thread was a great success it did exactly what I desired and it did not backfire in the least. The posters I care about I know, know me on a personal level and they also know what I consider important. I am not bothered by criticism I find it amusing when homers get so up in arms.

By the way Titus I was critical of the Chiefs and tended toward being a realist (you call it pessimist) clear back in the Star BB days (from 95 on) long before there was any LJ. If you are unwilling to acknowledge something you very well know is true then you are being disingenuous. Being a Chiefs fan for 40 years I have seen this organization f*ck things up over and over again, until they win a Super Bowl again I will reserve optimism for things that actually warrant it.

you're gay and I could beat you up nlm

chagrin
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
First I said that I have created more threads that have gained 100 post responses than you have created posts period. If you are going to attempt to quote me use the quote function so you can get it right next time.

You know the point I was making and everyone else did as well, exact quopte wasn't needed dipshit, nice deflection...Expected

okay, trying to gain support from "friends" while still not answering the challenge or admitting the truth about your two faced, lame attitude...Expected

again, not answering to any of what I said, just again using vague language without actually answering anything...EXPECTED

Then finally, the point I don't have to quote, God forbid you bring out the quote police again, something about you being a fan for 40 years - big F'ing deal. Nobody cares that you've been a fan for 40 years, it means nothing here and I haven't seen anyone doling out the merit points to you because of it.

Obviously we will get nowhere here, again, because you simply will not commit to any solid answer and dance around the issues.

I made my point very clear, and you did nothing of the sort but type out a whole bunch of NOTHING....EXPECTED

Oh well, obviously you are set in your ways.

Enjoy your day

Logical
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
you're gay and I could beat you up nlmOoooo... an internet tough guy.ROFL

Stinger
12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Vlad "Whitlock" Logicslav

Logical
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Obviously we will get nowhere here, again, because you simply will not commit to any solid answer and dance around the issues.

Enjoy your day

ROFL it is not a solid answer unless you define it as a solid answer, nice!

I always do and parrying with you makes it more so, thanks for playing along.

Logical
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Vlad "Whitlock" LogicslavWhitlock could take lessons from me.:p

KCTitus
12-15-2005, 02:20 PM

Actually, I like to call it 'bullish' and 'bearish'...Im not suprised you wouldnt know this.

Ive not known you since 1995, but I do remember since 1998 and it wasnt until the Larry Johnson draft pick that you went 'Proctor'. I ask anyone else who's been here as long as I have to correct me, Im confident in my memory.

You're being a fan for 40+ years doesnt excuse your acting like a jackass which is exactly what you are doing. I'm of the opinion that you're actively trying to kill this BB with your actions toward newer posters. Why this is, is beyond me.

Logical
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM

You're being a fan for 40+ years doesnt excuse your acting like a jackass which is exactly what you are doing. I'm of the opinion that you're actively trying to kill this BB with your actions toward newer posters. Why this is, is beyond me.

Other than Kregger and Chagrin what other new posters have I had negative posts towards. Both chose to attack me and I responded, quite civil in tone by the way. I disagree that I am trying to attack newbies in general.

KCTitus
12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Other than Kregger and Chagrin what other new posters have I had negative posts towards. Both chose to attack me and I responded, quite civil in tone by the way. I disagree that I am trying to attack newbies in general.

Im not inclined or willing to catalog each instance. Maybe over the last year or so, those are the only two posters Ive read you've reponded to in such a way, but my general impression is when a poster confronts your acerbic posts with regard to the team, you're response template includes one or all of the following:

'I have more posts than you'
'I have been a fan longer than you'
'I have been on this BB longer than you'

Personally, I would have figured a person of your intellect would be able to come up with something a little more substantial.

chiefsfolife
12-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I

Personally, I would have figured a person of your intellect would be able to come up with something a little more substantial.

what are you talkin bout...this guy is ****ing idiot...thought you knew all about Larry Johnson didnt ya...****ing dumbass:stupid:

chagrin
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
ROFL it is not a solid answer unless you define it as a solid answer, nice!

I always do and parrying with you makes it more so, thanks for playing along.

You are such a friggin moron.

A solid answer is as anyone knows, except for you apparently, is one where a definite question is asked and a definite answer to that question is provided. I don't know what planet you come from dipshit, but that's what a solid answer is and on any BB or discussion forum it would be the same way. Simply side stepping the issues is reserved for politicians and cowards, and you sir, are no politician and would get tore the f*ck up in the political world.

But it's okay...

The intellect you claim to have still has not revealed itself on this thread, anywhere. I see more and more vets agreeing with me and you have jack shit to say about it, don't you?

Choosing not to answer direct questions and claiming victory still infers you are wrong and you know you are wrong.

I whipped your ass on this subject today and yesterday and everyone here knows it.

Goodnight now, until later when you still claim victory because you've "been here" longer than I have.

Logical
12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Let me repeat, I don't even know who you are, let alone care what you have to say. Writing more words does not change that.

Titus here is what I replied to Chiefsfolife I do not see me saying

Here with Kregger all I said was veteran nothing about Post count, how long I was a fan, so maybe the third one applied but the guy did tell me I should leave the BB, you don't think he deserved a slight smack?

Chagrin and I have been having a running dialogue on many threads, I think you should chase down the whole thing before you get all up in arms about him.

Logical
12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Im not inclined or willing to catalog each instance. Maybe over the last year or so, those are the only two posters Ive read you've reponded to in such a way, but my general impression is when a poster confronts your acerbic posts with regard to the team, you're response template includes one or all of the following:

Even if that is true, and I do not agree, it does happen occasionally I do not see how it would lead to the destruction of the BB, perhaps you were engaging in hyperbole. Good lord if you think this given how infrequently I have said this what must you think of the devastation being wreaked by Skip.ROFL

Logical
12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
You are such a friggin moron.

Choosing not to answer direct questions and claiming victory still infers you are wrong and you know you are wrong.

I whipped your ass on this subject today and yesterday and everyone here knows it.

Goodnight now, until later when you still claim victory because you've "been here" longer than I have.

LOL when you post you just cannot avoid name calling can you?

It would apppear you are the only one claiming victories reference the quoted portion in bold.ROFL

Goodnight? Where in the heck are you Europe? As you said later.

KCTitus
12-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Even if that is true, and I do not agree, it does happen occasionally I do not see how it would lead to the destruction of the BB, perhaps you were engaging in hyperbole. Good lord if you think this given how infrequently I have said this what must you think of the devastation being wreaked by Skip.ROFL

It was somewhat hyperbolic, yes. I guess Im being a little sensitive about making sure we dont drum out the new folks, since most dont understand the context of some of our more heated topics.

As far as Skip goes, he's just the cranky old man that everyone likes to run through his yard and he stands there at the front door and yells and shakes his cane, but we all know he wont come outside and dare break that hip.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 03:47 PM
It was somewhat hyperbolic, yes. I guess Im being a little sensitive about making sure we dont drum out the new folks, since most dont understand the context of some of our more heated topics.

As far as Skip goes, he's just the cranky old man that everyone likes to run through his yard and he stands there at the front door and yells and shakes his cane, but we all know he wont come outside and dare break that hip.
All that is wrong in the world can be directly traced back to n00bs. Damn n00bs!! :cuss:

chagrin
12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
LOL when you post you just cannot avoid name calling can you?

It would apppear you are the only one claiming victories reference the quoted portion in bold.ROFL

Goodnight? Where in the heck are you Europe? As you said later.

ROFL

Okay fine, I'm sorry about the "moron" and the "dipshit" but the rest still applies.

And if you knew me, I use those words about almost everyone about almost everything.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
ROFL

Okay fine, I'm sorry about the "moron" and the "dipshit" but the rest still applies.

And if you knew me, I use those words about almost everyone about almost everything.
At least you didn't break out the "shit-for-brains". That's my favorite.

chagrin
12-15-2005, 04:00 PM
That's pretty funny

chefsos
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Actually Chagrin, I'm partial to "dicknose". You should use that one more often.

stevieray
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
OK, I'm not convinced this team has what it takes to win 3 playoff games on the road...........

Are you ?

Any playoff team does, if given the chance. Is football really that predictable for you?

Did you think Trent was going to get us in FG range on that last drive in Dallas?

Did you think we were going to get the stop on fourth and one against the Invescos?

They have as good as chance as anyone, and have shown the capability to compete with anyone in the league.

angel
12-15-2005, 04:05 PM
All that is wrong in the world can be directly traced back to n00bs. Damn n00bs!! :cuss:
why is it that when you write 'n00bs', you use 00 instead of oo ?

headsnap
12-15-2005, 04:07 PM
why is it that when you write 'n00bs', you use 00 instead of oo ?skip was speakin' teh l33t before there were computers!!!!!

chagrin
12-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Actually Chagrin, I'm partial to "dicknose". You should use that one more often.

ROFL

Only a select few get the "flaming dicknose" award

Simply Red
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Flame on

Feel relaxed... You are not alone.

chiefsfan1963
12-15-2005, 05:27 PM
If the chiefs deserve to get into the playoffs they will be in the playoffs. If they win their last three games, they have earned the right to be in the playoffs period!!!!

What they do in the playoffs is another matter, but watch out if they make it! As Parcells said in his press conference after the game Chiefs are a very good football team!!!!!!!!

No matter ow you want to spin it is your prerogative.

siberian khatru
12-15-2005, 05:40 PM

Only a n00b would ask a question like that.

I thought you kids were supposed to be Internet savvy.

angel
12-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Only a n00b would ask a question like that.

I thought you kids were supposed to be Internet savvy.
only nerds do the internet "lingo"

I, sir, am no nerd

so there :p

siberian khatru
12-15-2005, 10:16 PM
only nerds do the internet "lingo"

I, sir, am no nerd

so there :p

I've been pwn3d.

angel
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
I've been pwn3d.
yeah, I'm lost with that one, too

I have no idea what you're talking about

you can't hurt me if I don't know you're being mean

siberian khatru
12-15-2005, 10:30 PM
yeah, I'm lost with that one, too

I have no idea what you're talking about

you can't hurt me if I don't know you're being mean

Relax, it was self-deprecating humor on my part.

"pwn3d" is a cyber-corruption of "owned," as in, to be defeated in an embarrassing way.

http://www.barkerductions.com/theaters/enatt/photos/billingsley.jpg

"Excuse me, miss, I speak jive."

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Was l33t invented because it was easier to type on cell phones?

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
If you have to ask that, you must be a n00b. But I will give you more slack than I would most n00bs, you have a vagina.

angel
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
If you have to ask that, you must be a n00b. But I will give you more slack than I would most n00bs, you have a vagina.
I've seen it around, but I just think it's lame

LAME!!!

Skip Towne
12-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I've seen it around, but I just think it's lame

LAME!!!
Now, where is the neg rep button? I never can find it.

Eleazar
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Using numbers for letters originated in online games long ago where one might be trying to type faster than you can with any degree of accuracy.

Note that the "o" and "0" key are right next to each other on the QWERTY keyboard, thus making words like "0range" or "g0" common typos. Same with "3" and "E", i.e., "sw33t". Or, in this case, "n00b".

Another variation is the common gaming term "owned" being spelled "pwned". P and O are right next to each other making it seem likely that "pwned" was originally a typo.

angel
12-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Using numbers for letters originated in online games long ago where one might be trying to type faster than you can with any degree of accuracy.

Note that the "o" and "0" key are right next to each other on the QWERTY keyboard, thus making words like "0range" or "g0" common typos. Same with "3" and "E", i.e., "sw33t". Or, in this case, "n00b".

Another variation is the common gaming term "owned" being spelled "pwned". P and O are right next to each other making it seem likely that "pwned" was originally a typo.
thank you

finally, a straight answer around here

mike_b_284
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Even though I refuse to read it, I am getting tired of seeing this thread in the last 10. Please let it die.

Logical
12-16-2005, 03:05 PM

Another variation is the common gaming term "owned" being spelled "pwned". P and O are right next to each other making it seem likely that "pwned" was originally a typo.Thanks, kills my cell phone theory.

MahiMike
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Couldn't agree more and have actually posted the same. I'd rather go 8-8 than 1 and done! :harumph:

WilliamTheIrish
12-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Here's my thoughts:

Jeremy "The Biotch" Shockey will NFC Player Of The Week after watching what Jason Witten did to us last week.

Well, I called that one. (with the exception of the Shockey comment)

I fully expect the Chiefs to fulfill the rest by laying down in the next two.

Logical
12-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Just so everyone knows I did not bump this thread someone else did. No need to rub it in last Saturday was tough enough.

philfree
12-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, I called that one. (with the exception of the Shockey comment)

I fully expect the Chiefs to fulfill the rest by laying down in the next two.

I don't or perhaps maybe I won't think that. I expect to win at home regardless of the the post season implications or lack there of. Especially on holliday games. From my observations with the exceptions of week 15 and what the Chargers and Steelers did playing teams with winning records on the road any time of year is a tough win let alone in december. As much as the Cowboys and Giants games illustrated that to Chiefs Fans the same thing applies to the Chargers and Bengals. If we do tank it at home the next two weeks then that makes a real statement about the 2005 Chiefs from HC to waterboy. If we win the next two games then as much as missing the playoffs hurts going 10-6 isn't bad against a very tough schedule. If we have anything(and that includes the fans) we'll buck up in week 16 and and play and yell our asses off. Hopefully that will lead to win #9. That's all I want right now is a Christmas Eve win and win #9. .....Uhhhhhh....that is all.....I guess :)

Mr. Christopher
12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Personally, I think that the Chiefs are not only not good enough to play against a playoff caliber team, but I don't think that they're even good enough to make the playoffs. The Chiefs had their chance against the Cowboys and against the Giants. Hell, I guess you could even add the Bills loss and the Chargers loss to that list as well. Any two of those losses turned to a win, the Chiefs would control their own destiny.

As it is, the Chiefs have done like they always do, all but eliminate themselves from the playoffs, and then hope for some miracle to get themselves in. As it is, I think all the miracles are out for the Chiefs. It will either be the Chargers or the Steelers in the playoffs.

Skip Towne
12-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Just so everyone knows I did not bump this thread someone else did. No need to rub it in last Saturday was tough enough.
Yeah, that was easy enough to check. Some dude named MahiMike bumped it.