PDA

View Full Version : How many Christmas cards have you gotten?

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 12:36 PM
I'v gotten 14 but I'm still running anxiously to the mailbox each day.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2005, 12:38 PM
None. I'm awaiting the one from my boss. Last year I got 2 from him, and they were very "Jesus-y" christmas cards, too. My other co-workers report getting only 1, or none at all. I wonder what that is all about?

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
None. I'm awaiting the one from my boss. Last year I got 2 from him, and they were very "Jesus-y" christmas cards, too. My other co-workers report getting only 1, or none at all. I wonder what that is all about?
I wish I had your address. I'd send you one as a joke.

Dartgod
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a lawsuit is in order.

greg63
12-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Two, thats all so far. :shrug:

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
This year, or lifetime?

sedated
12-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Zero, and I don't expect any.

I wish someone loved me...

Skip Towne
This year, or lifetime?
I meant how many did you get yesterday.

luv
Two in the mail. About 20 from employees at work so far.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I bet Skip still has all of his Christmas cards, and the invitations to Jesus' birthday parties.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I bet Skip still has all of his Christmas cards, and the invitations to Jesus' birthday parties.
No, I lost those during the war when Sherman burned Atlanta.

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm probably running 8 to 10 at home, and maybe 20 at the office. I think I hurt my returns by not having time to send out personal cards last year.

Eleazar
12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I've only got like 2. But... being a guy... I don't usually send them out.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Zero.

chagrin
12-15-2005, 01:08 PM

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 01:35 PM
I've only got like 2. But... being a guy... I don't usually send them out.
The secret to getting a lot of cards is having a lot of relatives.

Dartgod
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I've only got like 2. But... being a gay... I don't usually send them out.
You should have waited until Mr. Kotter outed you.

NTTIAWWT

Alton deFlat
12-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Probably 18-19 so far.

Alton deFlat
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM

BTW, is that you running to your mailbox in your avi, or is that LJ?

Iowanian
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
The real question is, how many of those "Christmas letters" did you get?

You know....the ones written "by the cat" that brag about how they won the Pie contest at the county fair, and how Cousin Hajib got a watermellon stuck in his arse on the 4th of july..tee hee"

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 02:09 PM

I'm surprised that you haven't even received a partial Christmas card yet.

Lurch
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
49, so far.

Rain Man
The real question is, how many of those "Christmas letters" did you get?

You know....the ones written "by the cat" that brag about how they won the Pie contest at the county fair, and how Cousin Hajib got a watermellon stuck in his arse on the 4th of july..tee hee"

When I send mine out, it includes an order form in case people want reprints.

Donger
We got one yesterday from an old girlfriend of mine. My wife was not amused.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
What? Vlad didn't send you one?

angel
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I've gotten 5 at work, 3 or so at my parent's house
and 1 that's actually for me and me alone!! I guess I'm growing up...

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Does anyone else get conflicted about some of the business cards that they get? We'll get Christmas cards at home from an auto repair shop that we use once a year, and from our bank that undoubtedly sends out a million cards. I feel like it's cheating to put them with the cards from friends and relatives, because truthfully I'm not that popular, but at the same time I feel a little guilty about opening them up and then tossing them into the trash can. Does anyone else have this problem?

Donger
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Does anyone else get conflicted about some of the business cards that they get? We'll get Christmas cards at home from an auto repair shop that we use once a year, and from our bank that undoubtedly sends out a million cards. I feel like it's cheating to put them with the cards from friends and relatives, because truthfully I'm not that popular, but at the same time I feel a little guilty about opening them up and then tossing them into the trash can. Does anyone else have this problem?

Considering that you paid for part of them, you shouldn't feel guilty.

Demonpenz
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
i always get head scratching christmas cards. Ones that leave me going WHAT THEE **** either because it's someone that i barely know or that they wrote something in there that i don't know wtf they are talkin about or the fun ones where i don't know who they are and i don't know what they are talking about and they somehow slip my name in there.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 04:30 PM
When I was in grade school my parents made me refuse christmas cards. ROFL

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
i always get head scratching christmas cards. Ones that leave me going WHAT THEE **** either because it's someone that i barely know or that they wrote something in there that i don't know wtf they are talkin about or the fun ones where i don't know who they are and i don't know what they are talking about and they somehow slip my name in there.

We usually have a few left over after all of the addressing and stuff, so I'll just send them to random people in the phone book. I figure that sooner or later I'll hit some lonely widow who'll put me in her will.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 04:36 PM
When I was in grade school my parents made me refuse christmas cards. ROFL
I'll bet they really went ballistic on Halloween.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 04:39 PM
We usually have a few left over after all of the addressing and stuff, so I'll just send them to random people in the phone book. I figure that sooner or later I'll hit some lonely widow who'll put me in her will.
Yeah, either that or a crazed killer that will begin stalking you.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I'll bet they really went ballistic on Halloween.

We just turned our lights off.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 04:46 PM
People who do that kind of stuff to little kids should be drawn and quartered. Were you allowed to trick or treat? I'll bet not.

Kerberos
12-15-2005, 04:47 PM
WTF ..... Didn't any of you Schleps get a Non-Denominational Holiday Greetings Card from the KC Chiefs???

I get one EVERY year with the team on it.

Being a Season ticket holder has some perks I guess.:shrug:

:D

Demonpenz
12-15-2005, 04:47 PM
His trick or treating involved a bible and getting pushed off the porch

Eleazar
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Did they let you have birthdays?

At any rate we should merge this thread with the ladies of chiefsplanet thread and they can all send me Christmas cards :D

Donger
12-15-2005, 04:55 PM

At any rate we should merge this thread with the ladies of chiefsplanet thread and they can all send me Christmas cards :D

There's a Ladies of ChiefsPlanet thread?

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
People who do that kind of stuff to little kids should be drawn and quartered. Were you allowed to trick or treat? I'll bet not.

Of course not.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 04:58 PM

No xmas, no birthdays, no easter, no nothing.

Donger
12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Dang, I'm starting to feel a little bit of sorrow for gochiefs.

Area 51
12-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Just picked up the mail, 6 more today to add to the total of 22. That would be 28 so far.

I have sent zero for the past 3 years and the incoming total seems to be diminishing. I wonder why?

Eleazar
12-15-2005, 05:02 PM

So you were a JW then. How come the kindgom halls don't have windows? I've always wondered that.

And what was so evil about a birthday? I can see the religious holidays, but why no birthdays?

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
So you were a JW then. How come the kindgom halls don't have windows? I've always wondered that.

And what was so evil about a birthday? I can see the religious holidays, but why no birthdays?

The windows, I dunno. There was probably some incident with people throwing crap through windows at some point.

As for birthdays, there are two birthday's mentioned in the bible. Something bad happens at both of them (i.e. at herod's john the baptizer got his head chopped off) so the JW's interpret that as god telling us not to celebrate birthdays.

Eleazar
12-15-2005, 05:08 PM
As for birthdays, there are two birthday's mentioned in the bible. Something bad happens at both of them (i.e. at herod's john the baptizer got his head chopped off) so the JW's interpret that as god telling us not to celebrate birthdays.

:spock:

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 05:13 PM
This is direct from the official JW site:

4. Birthdays: The only two birthday celebrations spoken of in the Bible were held by persons who did not worship Jehovah. (Genesis 40:20-22; Mark 6:21, 22, 24-27) The early Christians did not celebrate birthdays. The custom of celebrating birthdays comes from ancient false religions. True Christians give gifts and have good times together at other times during the year.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/article_11.htm

Donger
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I've always wondered how JWs get around the only 144,000 getting in heaven deal.

mike_b_284
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
four
mom, grandma, my apartment management, and the vp of our department

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
This is direct from the official JW site:

4. Birthdays: The only two birthday celebrations spoken of in the Bible were held by persons who did not worship Jehovah. (Genesis 40:20-22; Mark 6:21, 22, 24-27) The early Christians did not celebrate birthdays. The custom of celebrating birthdays comes from ancient false religions. True Christians give gifts and have good times together at other times during the year.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/article_11.htm

Wasn't there a celebration on Jesus' birthday? I thought I read something once about some shepherds and such.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Wasn't there a celebration on Jesus' birthday? I thought I read something once about some shepherds and such.

From the link:

3. Christmas and Easter: Jesus was not born on December 25. He was born about October 1, a time of year when shepherds kept their flocks out-of-doors at night. (Luke 2:8-12) Jesus never commanded Christians to celebrate his birth. Rather, he told his disciples to memorialize, or remember, his death. (Luke 22:19, 20) Christmas and its customs come from ancient false religions. The same is true of Easter customs, such as the use of eggs and rabbits. The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas or Easter, nor do true Christians today.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I've always wondered how JWs get around the only 144,000 getting in heaven deal.

It has it's roots in the bible somewhere.

Iowanian
12-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll bet the 144,001 member on the registry is pissed.

No birthdays.
No windows in Church.
No Christmas presents
No Halloween costumes(now we understand why you like Vader so much)

144,001 to sign in.....No heaven.

But it could be worse...

Just think of the disappointment of a terrorist who blew his baows off with a belt bomb, only to get there and find out that gochiefs was 1 of his virgins.

Donger
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
It has it's roots in the bible somewhere.

Yes. Revelation.

But last I checked, there are significantly more than 144,000 JWs.

sedated
12-15-2005, 06:19 PM

sounds like a fun family...jesus f*cking christ

I bet those party animals loved funerals

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes. Revelation.

But last I checked, there are significantly more than 144,000 JWs.

Yeah I know. Apparently most of them don't care about getting the shaft.

BTW, the basis for knowing you're one of the "anointed" is total bullshit.

Apparently you just "know."

I would like to find out who keeps track of how many slots are left.

sedated
12-15-2005, 06:20 PM
f*ck all this religious talk, I just want my iPod

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
They sure don't have any problem with invading other people's privacy. I'm rude to them when they knock on my door.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 06:36 PM
I think we've gotten somewhere between a half dozen and a dozen and a dozen. Though it seems most of the family waits until they get ours first to remember they need to send them. We'll probably end up with 75-100.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 06:56 PM
It has it's roots in the Bible somewhere.

Revelation 7:4. However, this is in reference to the Jewish people and Jewish people alone and pertains the the number of Jewish people that will flee to the Mount of Olives when Jesus and His heavenly army returns to wage war on Satan and the Anti-Christ.

Rain Man
12-15-2005, 06:59 PM
They sure don't have any problem with invading other people's privacy. I'm rude to them when they knock on my door.

Is that different than how you treat anyone else who knocks on your door?

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Revelation 7:4. However, this is in reference to the Jewish people and Jewish people alone and pertains the the number of Jewish people that will flee to the Mount of Olives when Jesus and His heavenly army returns to wage war on Satan and the Anti-Christ.

Try telling that to a JW. They'll accuse you of being a false prophet and leave.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 07:12 PM
I'll bet the 144,001 member on the registry is pissed.

No birthdays.
No windows in Church.
No Christmas presents
No Halloween costumes(now we understand why you like Vader so much)

You know, I bet this all came from some Board Members trying to save $$

"Say, if we make a rule that says no windows in church, not only will we not have to buy windows, we will also save on the heating bill"

"Say, if we say no birthday presents, no Christmas presents, Halloween costumes and so on, our minister won't have as many expenses and we won't have to pay him as much." "Say, wait a minute, that also means we can save $$$ at home too! All in favor? I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I"

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Try telling that to a JW. They'll accuse you of being a false prophet and leave.

That's funny considering they are the ones taking the passage out of context.

ROFL

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 07:16 PM

Say though, if that is really true, that could come in handy when they come to my door - AT 8:00 AM ON A SATURDAY MORNING!!!

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 07:18 PM
You know, I bet this all came from some Board Members trying to save $$

"Say, if we make a rule that says no windows in church, not only will we not have to buy windows, we will also save on the heating bill"

"Say, if we say no birthday presents, no Christmas presents, Halloween costumes and so on, our minister won't have as many expenses and we won't have to pay him as much." "Say, wait a minute, that also means we can save $$$ at home too! All in favor? I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I"

JW ministers don't get paid.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
JW ministers don't get paid.

SEE!?!?!?!

:)

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
SEE!?!?!?!

:)

Well they aren't real "ministers," either. They all have day jobs.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Is that different than how you treat anyone else who knocks on your door?
I'm nice to the girls.....................well, the pretty ones. I'm just mean to the JW's and market researchers.

philfree
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know but I did get these from the person who drew my name.

PhilFree:arrow:

sedated
12-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I'd hold onto that Siavii one :rolleyes:

philfree
12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd hold onto that Siavii one :rolleyes:

If Jr is activated this week and he makes one play smashing Little Manning to the bench I'll kiss that fuggin card and cherish it for life.

Skip Towne
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Those are really nice. especially that one with Lenny throwing a pass with no helmet on. That has to be worth some money. Do you actually own all those cards? My mom threw away about $600,000 worth of rookie Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra and Roger Maris cards after I moved out.

sedated
12-16-2005, 10:12 PM
If Jr is activated this week and he makes one play smashing Little Manning to the bench I'll kiss that fuggin card and cherish it for life.

if he does that, I'll worship him as the samoan god.

but, we don't do very well against backups, remember the Losman debacle?

philfree
12-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Those are really nice. especially that one with Lenny throwing a pass with no helmet on. That has to be worth some money. Do you actually own all those cards? My mom threw away about $600,000 worth of rookie Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra and Roger Maris cards after I moved out.

I just got those paticular cards as Christmas gifts from my B-law who drew my name in the Christmas drawing. He's a fun dude and he came up with the 'Eight Days Of Christmas' and he's been gifting a little at a time. There are three "days" left and I'm pretty sure the last gift is gonna be a Fat Head......As a Springfield Chiefs Fans i'm an easy mark for Christmas. As a 44 year old it seems silly to some but I dig this kinda stuff. Of course any gift I recieve for any occasion no matter who gave it I'll keep it forever. I'm funny that way.

The real value in recieving a gift is knowing that a person thinks enough of you to give you something and then being able to cherish that and showing them that you do. As far as i'm concerned nobody should spend their money on me because I have more then I need. When i do recieve gifts though I cherish them and make it known.

philfree
12-16-2005, 10:38 PM

I digress........$600,000.00 worth? Wow! It's like I told my wife about Beanie/Beany Babies........Those things are only worth what someone will actually pay you for them. I feel your pain none the less.

Lurch
12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Neg Rep me for posting in a thread you don't "like?" If you are as big of an azz in person, as you are on here, I'm damn surprised you get any.

Skip Towne
12-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Neg Rep me for posting in a thread you don't "like?" If you are as big of an azz in person, as you are on here, I'm damn surprised you get any.
It wasn't so bad for the first year or so but it has waaay outlived its novelty. Only the really weak minded and postwhores post on it. You know, folks who really don't have anything to add to the board.

Lurch
12-17-2005, 09:55 PM
It wasn't so bad for the first year or so but it has waaay outlived its novelty. Only the really weak minded and postwhores post on it. You know, folks who really don't have anything to add to the board.

Hell, then you should be posting on it all the time.

Skip Towne
12-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Hell, then you should be posting on it all the time.
Are you really that stupid or do you just act that way? Lurch is about right.

Lurch
12-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Are you really that stupid or do you just act that way? Lurch is about right.

Some may cower from your "are you that stupid" bullshit. Fuk off, old man. You bore me.

Jenny Gump
12-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Would you two make love already and get it over with?

Lurch
12-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Would you two make love already and get it over with?

If you wanna join us, I'd consider it.

Skip Towne
12-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Some may cower from your "are you that stupid" bullshit. Fuk off, old man. You bore me.
Go f*ck yourself n00b.

Lurch
12-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Go f*ck yourself n00b.

I'm rubber, you are glue...

Saulbadguy
12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Cool. I just got mine. It is even worse than last years.

"Jesus Christ, The Son of God"

He is the breath of life within us
The fountain that refreshes us
The grace that frees us
The truth that renews our minds
The way that guides our steps
The love that fills our hearts
The fullness that gives us joy!

May his love fill your heart and home this Christmas season and in the coming year.

"Have a Love-Filled Christmas (which is underlined) And a Joy-Filled New Year"

"Merry Christmas, insert bosses and bosses wife name here"

"He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young. ISAIAH 40:11 NIV"

Jeez. What a dickwad.

Donger
12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Cool. I just got mine. It is even worse than last years.

"Jesus Christ, The Son of God"

He is the breath of life within us
The fountain that refreshes us
The grace that frees us
The truth that renews our minds
The way that guides our steps
The love that fills our hearts
The fullness that gives us joy!

May his love fill your heart and home this Christmas season and in the coming year.

"Have a Love-Filled Christmas (which is underlined) And a Joy-Filled New Year"

"Merry Christmas, insert bosses and bosses wife name here"

"He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young. ISAIAH 40:11 NIV"

Jeez. What a dickwad.

Heh. I always knew you were a sheep.

Bob Dole
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Bob Dole just received his third. This one from the State of Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration. It reads in part:

Under authorization of federal law (Section 6103 (D) of the Internal Revenue Code), this office has obtained information from the Internal Revenue Service that you used an Arkansas address on your Federal income tax return for the year 2002.

We have been unable to locate your State income tax return for the above tax year(s). Please check the social security numer shown above with the social security number used on your Arkansas return.

blah blah blah blah...

Any tax due reflected on the return(s) will be subject to penalty and interest as provided by Arkansas Code Annotated 26-18-508 as ammended.

blah blah blah...

Merry Christmas.

Here's a couple of thoughts...

Why don't you reference your own ****ing Arkansas Code Annotated 26-52-601 and learn that residents of Texarkana, AR are EXEMPT from your stupid income tax. And while you're at it, instead of spending the time and money to mail stupid form letters right before Christmas, and instead of wasting yours AND Bob Dole's time and money mailing forms back and forth and making long distance phone calls, hire a damned programmer to write the one line of code required to kick out returns originating from the 71854 zip code.

Dipshits.

stevieray
12-20-2005, 06:25 PM
I got one from Al.

Skip Towne
12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Bob Dole just received his third. This one from the State of Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration. It reads in part:

Merry Christmas.

Here's a couple of thoughts...

Why don't you reference your own ****ing Arkansas Code Annotated 26-52-601 and learn that residents of Texarkana, AR are EXEMPT from your stupid income tax. And while you're at it, instead of spending the time and money to mail stupid form letters right before Christmas, and instead of wasting yours AND Bob Dole's time and money mailing forms back and forth and making long distance phone calls, hire a damned programmer to write the one line of code required to kick out returns originating from the 71854 zip code.

Dipshits.
Maybe I should call them. I worked in AR for two years and didn't pay them shit.

redfan
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
20-25.

teedubya
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
In the quest to help Skip get more 100 post threads... I bumpeth thee.

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey, thanks. I'd have been crucified if I did that.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey, thanks. I'd have been crucified if I did that.Thread whore.

ROFL

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I throw them away and don't count em.

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I throw them away and don't count em.
Alright then, you're off the list.

chiefsfaninNC
05-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Two more to go. Which Mod will lock it?

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Two more to go. Which Mod will lock it?
If they do I'll throw a tantrum.

chiefsfaninNC
05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Too late

chiefsfaninNC
05-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Over the hump

slivo6
05-09-2006, 07:49 PM

Good....keep us all informed please. Thanks.