PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, Missouri What's there?

Hog Rider
12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm driving in the morning from central Illinois to Richmond for family Christmas at my cousin's new home. I'll be there Fri. and Sat. nite. Stayin' at a Super 8 I believe.

Are there any sports bars or bars in general in that town?

Thanks, gotta start packing and gettin' sh*t done.

JP

4th and Long
12-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm driving in the morning from central Illinois to Richmond for family Christmas at my cousin's new home. I'll be there Fri. and Sat. nite. Stayin' at a Super 8 I believe.

Are there any sports bars or bars in general in that town?

Thanks, gotta start packing and gettin' sh*t done.

JP
There is nothing in Richmond. No sports bars. Nothing. You'll be in a barren wasteland of a town.

Have fun.

wutamess
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
There is nothing in Richmond. No sports bars. Nothing. You'll be in a barren wasteland of a town.

Have fun.

Contrare mofrare (sp?)

There's a Missouri river boat launch there and you can catch some nice drum & catfish off the ramp & some bigger one from a boat if you're lucky.

:thumb: glad I could help.

ChiefsFire
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Contrare mofrare (sp?)

There's a Missouri river boat launch there and you can catch some nice drum & catfish off the ramp & some bigger one from a boat if you're lucky.

dude

he just called you a mofrare....

Bob Dole
12-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Ermagene Westfall has a kick-ass cookie jar collection. (At least she used to have one of the most comprehensive in the world.)

JBucc
12-15-2005, 06:25 PM
some stuff probably

chiefsfaninNC
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Damn the French! We should have let the Germans keep em.

4th and Long
12-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Contrare mofrare (sp?)

And that has what to do exactly with J P Hedden looking for a sports bar in Richmond?

Hog Rider
12-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Contrare mofrare (sp?)

So this "Drum and Catfish" is a mini-brewery beer, and they keep them cold in the river.
:hmmm:
I'll bring my ax to cut a hole and pull out a cold one! Is "Bigger One" there premium brew?
ROFL
I'll bring my skates too!

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
So this "Drum and Catfish" is a mini-brewery beer, and they keep them cold in the river.
:hmmm:
I'll bring my ax to cut a hole and pull out a cold one! Is "Bigger One" there premium brew?
ROFL
I'll bring my skates too!
No, a Drum is a fish like a Carp. We call them Sewer Bass over here.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
There's lots to do - they have a Walmart Supercenter there!

I lived about 15 miles north of there for 4 years in the mid 90s. It's not too bad of a drive (45 minutes or so) on into the city to catch some of the Planeteers for dinner and such.

Halfcan
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Some good crack houses there, and some tootheless fat ho's-sorry I was thinking of Denver.

Hog Rider
12-15-2005, 08:00 PM

We've got that Asian f'n carp or some such thing in the Illinois Riv. now.

The Biatches are like a six pound flying fish. They jump out of the water and into boats - They're knockin people silly. Water skiiers take their lives into their own hands with those things skyin' all over!

Dunit35
12-15-2005, 08:13 PM

Yeah a junk fish. Never caught one but I have caught a carp before, a waist of bait. I have went with a few buddies while they were fishing with a bow, cant remember what thats called. They caught some big ass carp.

Hog Rider
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
There's lots to do - they have a Walmart Supercenter there!

I lived about 15 miles north of there for 4 years in the mid 90s. It's not too bad of a drive (45 minutes or so) on into the city to catch some of the Planeteers for dinner and such.

Walmart and a Super 8! D*mn, I'll bet Boomer would be proud.
I don't think Canton even has a Supercenter yet!

I have to drive to Leavenworth, KS first, then back to Richmond. So I'll be cuttin' across the north side around late rush hour Friday. Doubt if I'll have the time or desire to try to look up a Planeteer watering hole - unless it's on a close line between Leavenworth and Richmond.

At least I'll be watching the game with a few more Chiefs fans around the TV. Most of the Christmas doins should be over by kickoff.

Thanks all!

JP

Frazod
12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
For any local historians, Bloody Bill Anderson (Confederate guerilla who rode with Quantrill during the Civil War) is buried there.

CoMoChief
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
If it was golf season I would say that you could play a round or so at the course they have in that town. It's a pretty good course, but it's winter so your SOL.

PastorMikH
12-15-2005, 09:47 PM
For any local historians, Bloody Bill Anderson (Confederate guerilla who rode with Quantrill during the Civil War) is buried there.

6-8 miles south of Richmond is Lexington, Mo. They have a Civil War battlefield there and historical site from the Battle of Lexington.

dtebbe
12-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah a junk fish. Never caught one but I have caught a carp before, a waist of bait. I have went with a few buddies while they were fishing with a bow, cant remember what thats called. They caught some big ass carp.

Carp actually tastes pretty good, but are bony as hell. My uncle can fillet a carp where the bones basically dissolve when you fry it, resulting in some very tasty fish.

I still will take those fillets off 30#+ flats and blues all day long though..

DT

joesomebody
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I think they have a mushroom festival every year... I always have to drive through there on my way to Kearney.

If I remember right, the town is a speed trap.

Bob Dole
12-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Carp actually tastes pretty good, but are bony as hell. My uncle can fillet a carp where the bones basically dissolve when you fry it, resulting in some very tasty fish.

Tasty.

If you like to eat mud.

ptlyon
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
I have went with a few buddies while they were fishing with a bow, cant remember what thats called.

It's called bow fishing.

Simplex3
12-16-2005, 08:36 AM
We've got that Asian f'n carp or some such thing in the Illinois Riv. now.

The Biatches are like a six pound flying fish. They jump out of the water and into boats - They're knockin people silly. Water skiiers take their lives into their own hands with those things skyin' all over!
Ahh, the Asian carp. Didn't the f**king govt. introduce those to control some plant life? Now the fish is so out of control it's killing off the native species and spreading all over the place.

Simplex3
12-16-2005, 08:38 AM
So we have:

1. Go to Wal-Mart: Like you've never seen one of THOSE in the last three blocks.

2. Leave there and drive somewhere else.

3. Fish for something you don't want to eat.

4. Drink a beer brewed by a guy that can't get a job in a real brewery.

5. Piss on a grave.

Yeah, just about covers small town MO. Unless you have some close relatives you'd like to marry while you're there. :shrug:

ptlyon
Didn't the f**king govt. introduce those to control some plant life?

No, you're thinking of the Asian Beetle.

sedated
I think they have a mushroom festival every year...

wow...I'm there :bong:

ptlyon
12-16-2005, 08:40 AM
wow...I'm there :bong:

wrong mushroom

Simplex3
12-16-2005, 08:41 AM
No, you're thinking of the Asian Beetle.
Seems the carp issue stems from f**king farmers, probably trying to comply with some govt. regulation:

http://www.umesc.usgs.gov/reports_publications/psrs/psr_2000_05.html
Grass carp were imported from eastern Asia in 1963 to control submersed aquatic vegetation in aquaculture ponds and were first documented in the Mississippi River along Illinois in 1971. Silver carp and bighead carp were imported from China in 1973 to improve water quality of aquaculture ponds (initially in Arkansas). These species have invaded our Midwestern rivers, through pond escapement or by deliberate introductions and were first documented in the UMRS as early as 1982.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
they bury their women with one hand sticking out of ground. So the men folk can go by & have sex with it on Palm Sunday

ptlyon
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Seems the carp issue stems from f**king farmers, probably trying to comply with some govt. regulation:

http://www.umesc.usgs.gov/reports_publications/psrs/psr_2000_05.html

You got them Asian Beetles where you are?

Them ****ers are everywhere here in the fall.

Simplex3
12-16-2005, 08:55 AM
You got them Asian Beetles where you are?

Them ****ers are everywhere here in the fall.
Don't believe so. They're certainly fugly, though.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/Health/jpeg/albimage.jpeg

Frazod
12-16-2005, 08:57 AM
So we have:

1. Go to Wal-Mart: Like you've never seen one of THOSE in the last three blocks.

5. Piss on a grave.

Yeah, just about covers small town MO. Unless you have some close relatives you'd like to marry while you're there. :shrug:

ROFL Damn, that's harsh. Hard to argue with, though.

Bob Dole
12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
So we have:

5. Piss on a grave.

You missed the cookie jars.

ptlyon
12-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Don't believe so. They're certainly fugly, though.

No, those aren't it.

They look exactly like lady bugs except they aren't as red, they are more orange, and littler.

They "bite" something terrible. Actually I think they pinch you, not bite you, but it still doesn't feel good.

And they stink when you squish them. Almost like Skip.

Skip Towne
12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
No, those aren't it.

They look exactly like lady bugs except they aren't as red, they are more orange, and littler.

They "bite" something terrible. Actually I think they pinch you, not bite you, but it still doesn't feel good.

And they stink when you squish them. Almost like Skip.
I think "them" beetles have bored into your brain and eaten a fair share of them.

ptlyon
12-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I think "them" beetles have bored into your brain and eaten a fair share of them.

I do feel something funny in my ear.

htismaqe
12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I do feel something funny in my ear.

That's Jim Bob's ****.

gblowfish
12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I have a lot of friends in Lexington (about 10 miles south of Richmond), got married in Lexington, and go there often, so I know that area pretty good.

Richmond is the county seat of Ray county, but it's a small town square kinda place, not much to do there. Couple of mom and pop bars, nothing too interesting.

They do have a nice golf course south of town called Shirkey's, but too cold now to play golf.

Lexington is the county seat of Lafayette County. You can take Mo Highway 13 south from Richmond, cross the river (across the new Ike Skelton Bridge) then go west about three miles into Lexington.

Lexington has a civil war battlefield (from the "Battle of the Hemp Bales"...really) and has a state park and visitor's center. Also very cool old pre-civil war mansions. Wentworth Military Academy is also there.

Anyway, for sports bars, there's a place called "The Brewery" that is one block south of the Courthouse. It's right next door to the "Cannonball 6" movie theater. The courthouse has a civil war cannonball lodged in the top of one of the columns.

The Brewery is a basic bar & restaurant, has sports stuff on the walls (jerseys, helmets, etc) and has a big screen TV for watching the Chiefs. Nice place.

There's a smaller place across the street called The Franklin Hole. It's a hole in the wall bar in an old civil war aged building. Small place but freindly. They also serve BBQ.

Hope this helps. Nice friendly folks in Richmond and Lexington. Enjoy your stay.

Simplex3
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM
You missed the cookie jars.
I was 320lbs. I never missed a cookie jar.

gblowfish
12-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Be careful out there at Richmond this weekend...you might get snowed in ! Better go to Wal-Mart and buy a 30-pack of Natty Light!
...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SATURDAY TO 6 AM CST
SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PLEASANT HILL HAS ISSUED A SNOW
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SATURDAY TO 6 AM CST
SUNDAY.

LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO START FROM ATCHISON TO PAOLA KANSAS BY MID
MORNING SATURDAY AND SPREAD INTO THE GREATER KANSAS CITY AREA BY LATE
MORNING. THROUGH THE NOON HOUR LESS THAN HALF AN INCH OF SNOW IS
EXPECTED JUST WEST OF KANSAS CITY. THE ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL SLOWLY
INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS. BY
SUNSET MOST AREAS WILL HAVE PICKED UP AN INCH OF NEW SNOW WITH AREAS
WEST OF INTERSTATE 35 POSSIBLY RECEIVING UP TO 2 INCHES. THE
HEAVIEST SNOWS ARE EXPECTED DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS OF SATURDAY
WITH OCCASIONAL BURSTS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY MORNING MANY AREAS WILL HAVE PICKED
UP A TOTAL OF 4 TO 6 INCHES WITH SNOW.

A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY
TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND
LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Bob Dole
12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
I have a lot of friends in Lexington (about 10 miles south of Richmond), got married in Lexington, and go there often, so I know that area pretty good.

Richmond is the county seat of Ray county, but it's a small town square kinda place, not much to do there. Couple of mom and pop bars, nothing too interesting.

They do have a nice golf course south of town called Shirkey's, but too cold now to play golf.

Lexington is the county seat of Lafayette County. You can take Mo Highway 13 south from Richmond, cross the river (across the new Ike Skelton Bridge) then go west about three miles into Lexington.

Lexington has a civil war battlefield (from the "Battle of the Hemp Bales"...really) and has a state park and visitor's center. Also very cool old pre-civil war mansions. Wentworth Military Academy is also there.

Anyway, for sports bars, there's a place called "The Brewery" that is one block south of the Courthouse. It's right next door to the "Cannonball 6" movie theater. The courthouse has a civil war cannonball lodged in the top of one of the columns.

The Brewery is a basic bar & restaurant, has sports stuff on the walls (jerseys, helmets, etc) and has a big screen TV for watching the Chiefs. Nice place.

There's a smaller place across the street called The Franklin Hole. It's a hole in the wall bar in an old civil war aged building. Small place but freindly. They also serve BBQ.

Hope this helps. Nice friendly folks in Richmond and Lexington. Enjoy your stay.

Don't they have a nice cat farm there, too?