PDA

View Full Version : Finishing 2-3 we will lose to Cincinatti dashing our playoff chances!

Logical
12-15-2005, 08:50 PM
In the preseason predictions thread Uatu and I picked the games the following way.

New York Jets W
at Oakland W
at Denver Broncos L
Philadelphia Eagles L
Bye
Washington Redskins W
at Miami Dolphins W
at San Diego Chargers L
Oakland W
at Buffalo Bills W
at Houston Texans W
New England Patriots L
Denver Broncos W
at Dallas Cowboys W
at New York Giants W
San Diego Chargers W
Cincinnati Bengals L

11-5

The only big reversal was the Buffalo games the other two misses were definitely games that could have went either way.

I think we will win the next two then Cinci will end up playing for the 2nd seed and beat us in that final game. Though we are stellar at home in Dec, we are not at all good in January at Arrowhead.

JMHO

teedubya
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Tell us how you really feel, no seriously... dont blow sunshine up our asses.

sd4chiefs
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I am hoping that Cinci will rest their starters that day.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Though we are stellar at home in Dec, we are not at all good in January at Arrowhead.

Do you honestly think the ****ING MONTH has anything to do with it?

tk13
12-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Pittsburgh or San Diego would have to win out all their other games for us not to make the playoffs in that scenario.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Pittsburgh or San Diego would have to win out all their other games for us not to make the playoffs in that scenario.

OWNED

Hog Rider
12-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Be Gone! You have no power here!

HemiEd
12-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Hold on........I will be right back.......I need to go slit my wrists and hang myself.

tk13
12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
That's actually the scenario I'm rooting for. SD loses at Indy, Pitt loses at Minnesota this weekend... and we pull one out this weekend and split the road trip. Then we'd clinch a playoff spot with a win over SD and be able to rest our starters against Cincy.

Logical
Do you honestly think the ****ING MONTH has anything to do with it? Uh do you honestly think the month of December has anything to do with us being unbeaten in Arrowhead since before Dec 96? I know a ton of people who do including many, many sports personalities.

Hammock Parties
That's actually the scenario I'm rooting for. SD loses at Indy, Pitt loses at Minnesota this weekend... and we pull one out this weekend and split the road trip. Then we'd clinch a playoff spot with a win over SD and be able to rest our starters against Cincy.

I don't think DV would rest anyone.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Uh do you honestly think the month of December has anything to do with us being unbeaten in Arrowhead since before Dec 96? I know a ton of people who do including many, many sports personalities.

The time of year has nothing to do with it.

Do you honestly think we played better against Denver because of the month? ROFL

The Chiefs won't suddenly start sucking against Cincinatti because it's the first week of January. ROFL

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
That's actually the scenario I'm rooting for. SD loses at Indy, Pitt loses at Minnesota this weekend... and we pull one out this weekend and split the road trip. Then we'd clinch a playoff spot with a win over SD and be able to rest our starters against Cincy.I have always felt that if Indy clinched San Diego would beat them. As far a Minn there run is up they are finally facing a decent team.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
GOD I ****ING HATE YOU! BAN VLAD!

shakesthecat
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Gosh, I sure hope you're right, Taco Vlad.

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
The time of year has nothing to do with it.

Do you honestly think we played better against Denver because of the month? ROFL

The Chiefs won't suddenly start sucking against Cincinatti because it's the first week of January. ROFLWe didn't play better against Denver, we had more luck and they had less this time around.

Rausch
12-15-2005, 09:08 PM

Logical

Why do you hate me, do I strike a chord in your fear center young Anakin Bob?

tk13
I don't think DV would rest anyone.
If we got in that situation, our old guys and LJ should be on the bench. Especially since we'd have to probably play Cincy back/back weeks.

Gotta win this weekend first. I've thought all along this weekend's game would be the toughest to win of the final 6. I think the Giants match up with us pretty well and it's a short week on the road... although Minnesota went in there and took it to them well, as did Denver until they choked it away. We can do it. Just gotta execute.

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Good lord how long have you been saving that? ROFL

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Heh, nobody seems to notice that I think we will beat the Giants and San Diego. Even when I am upbeat nobody notices.:harumph: ROFL

Rausch
12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Good lord how long have you been saving that? ROFL

I'm a cyber-packrat...

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Heh, nobody seems to notice that I think we will beat the Giants and San Diego. Even when I am upbeat nobody notices.:harumph: ROFL

Upbeat my ass. You have us missing the playoffs. **** YOU!

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:13 PM
If we got in that situation, our old guys and LJ should be on the bench. Especially since we'd have to probably play Cincy back/back weeks.

That is a very good point. It would make for a damn bummer of a game though. ROFL

Anyway, if that happens, I look forward to 30 Dee Brown dive plays. Let's not give away anything!

tk13
12-15-2005, 09:13 PM
I have always felt that if Indy clinched San Diego would beat them. As far a Minn there run is up they are finally facing a decent team.
Oh I think San Diego has a great chance this weekend, I've said that earlier. I think Indy is going to have to outscore them, which they can, but that's no guarantee.

I think people are way underrating Minnesota, especially playing at home. I don't think they're a great team or anything but I think Pittsburgh going in there and winning is no gimme. Minnesota went into the same Meadowlands we're going into a few weeks ago and handed the Giants their only home loss this year...

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Upbeat my ass. You have us missing the playoffs. **** YOU!Perhaps you should pay more attention to the smilies.:p

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Perhaps you should pay more attention to the smilies.:p

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO ****ING OFF!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey, let Jim have his fun. This is what gets him off. I've known him for 5+ years and he used to be rational.

carlos3652
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
If we win this weekend and beat SD, cincy wont matter... as long as SD losses either vs Denver or Indy, and Pitt loses one.

Logical
12-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Record in January in Arrowhead 2-5 and have not won there since 1993

Loss to San Diego 2004
Loss to Indy 2003
Loss to Oakland 1999
Loss to Denver 1997
Loss to Indy 1995
Win vs Pitt 1993
Win vs LAR 1992

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Record in January in Arrowhead 2-5 and have not won there since 1993

Loss to San Diego 2004
Loss to Indy 2003
Loss to Oakland 1999
Loss to Denver 1997
Loss to Indy 1995
Win vs Pitt 1993
Win vs LAR 1992

It has nothing to do with the month. It has everything to do with the team.

And last year we played San Diego IN SAN DIEGO in January.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2005, 09:52 PM
We didn't play better against Denver, we had more luck and they had less this time around.

So when we win we are lucky and when we lose we just suck?

Man. I'm speechless.

Dartgod

And last year we played San Diego IN SAN DIEGO in January.
Don't remind me, I was at that game.

Hammock Parties

Man. I'm speechless.

He sounds like a Donk fan.

Dartgod
12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Jim, are you trolling for n00bs again?

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:07 PM

And last year we played San Diego IN SAN DIEGO in January.My error on San Diego.

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Man. I'm speechless.No I kind of felt Denver had all the luck go with them in that first game. I think it evened out. The two teams are fairly evenly matched talent wise. I don't expect Denver to do well in the playoffs.

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Jim, are you trolling for n00bs again?Not this time, which is why I posted what Uatu and I had predicted for the season. I really expect us to win the next two and lose the final game. I also expect San Diego to win 2 of the final three and Pittsburgh to win out.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Not this time, which is why I posted what Uatu and I had predicted for the season. I really expect us to win the next two and lose the final game. I also expect San Diego to win 2 of the final three and Pittsburgh to win out.

So SD is going to beat Indy in Indy and beat Denver but lose to KC. ROFL

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
So SD is going to beat Indy in Indy and beat Denver but lose to KC. ROFLIndy has nothing to play for so yes. By the time San Diego plays Denver after we beat San Diego Denver will have nothing to play for they will have the Division clinched, so again yes.

Brock
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
He sounds like a Donk fan.

Not much gets past you.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Indy has nothing to play for so yes. By the time San Diego plays Denver after we beat San Diego Denver will have nothing to play for they will have the Division clinched, so again yes.

ROFL

Indy is going to play to win. And Denver has the #2 seed to play for.

grandllama
12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey, let Jim have his fun. This is what gets him off. I've known him for 5+ years and he used to be rational.

No, he used to be Logical.... :p

Logical
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
ROFL

Indy is going to play to win. And Denver has the #2 seed to play for.Without three of their best defenders and with Dungy saying he will do what is right to win in the playoffs. Denver has two easy victories upcoming against Buffalo and a Raiders team that has quit so they will have wrapped up the 2 seed.

WebGem
12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Don't remind me, I was at that game.
So was KC Dan, I think. He may have still been looking for the bathroom when the game started though.

tk13
12-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Without three of their best defenders and with Dungy saying he will do what is right to win in the playoffs. Denver has two easy victories upcoming against Buffalo and a Raiders team that has quit so they will have wrapped up the 2 seed.
Actually as long as Cincy keeps pace and beats Detroit and Buffalo, Denver will have to win that final game to assure themselves a 2 seed.

We luck out that the Denver/SD game is a Saturday game... so they'll have no way of knowing what Cincy will do on Sunday and be forced to try and win it.

Logical
12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Actually as long as Cincy keeps pace and beats Detroit and Buffalo, Denver will have to win that final game to assure themselves a 2 seed.

We luck out that the Denver/SD game is a Saturday game... so they'll have no way of knowing what Cincy will do on Sunday and be forced to try and win it.That is an interesting point.

alanm
12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Indy has nothing to play for so yes. By the time San Diego plays Denver after we beat San Diego Denver will have nothing to play for they will have the Division clinched, so again yes.Indy has a undefeated season to play for. I think that's incentive enough. Dungy said yesterday that the starters will play. And if they pile up a lead he'll pull the starters and let the chips fall where they may. Manning said he wants to play as much as possible. He wants the win record.

Skip Towne
12-15-2005, 11:38 PM
:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2005, 01:29 AM
We didn't play better against Denver, we had more luck and they had less this time around.
WTF?! We played like complete shit in Denver. You've become quite the tool...
:shake:

Logical
12-16-2005, 01:43 AM
WTF?! We played like complete shit in Denver. You've become quite the tool...
:shake:If you inisist, I personally think the breaks turned the momentum such as we were unable to recover.

Logical
12-16-2005, 03:07 PM

ROFL I missed this, now this is a genuinely funny play on my old username.