PDA

View Full Version : Playoff television schedule

mcan
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Playoff television schedule:

Here's the deal. I know the DAYS that the games will be played, and about half of those days might interfere with my work schedule.

I can't handle the fact that I might end up stuck at work while the Chiefs are playing a playoff game. That CAN'T happen. But, I can't find the TIMES that the games will be played. What I'm looking for is a bracket that shows the times that the games will be broadcast. Something like:

Wildcard:
Saturday 3:00 #5 @ #4 NFC
Saturday 7:00 #5 @ #4 AFC
Sunday 3:00 #6 @ #3 NFC
Sunday 7:00 #6 @ #3 AFC

Division:
Saturday 3:00 ? @ #2 NFC
Saturday 7:00 ? @ #2 AFC
Sunday 3:00 ? @ #1 NFC
Sunday 7:00 ? @ # AFC

Conference:
Sunday 3:00 AFC
Sunday 7:00 NFC

I can't seem to find anything online that is this specific, so I can make plans. Can anyone help?

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 09:19 PM
They will be announced a full week before...is that not enough?

tk13
12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Because they don't set those until the last week of the season... gotta see how the west coast/east coast home games play out. You couldn't set, say, a 1-4 matchup in the 2nd round to be at 1pm ET on a Sunday, only to see Seattle gets that 1 seed, and force them to play at 10 am their time.

mcan
12-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Because they don't set those until the last week of the season... gotta see how the west coast/east coast home games play out. You couldn't set, say, a 1-4 matchup in the 2nd round to be at 1pm ET on a Sunday, only to see Seattle gets that 1 seed, and force them to play at 10 am their time.

Good call. I was wondering about that.

I guess the biggest thing I'm concerned about isn't when the #1 or #whatever seed will play. But WHEN are the games going to be played?

Are they going to be at noon and 3:00 like during the season, or are they primetime games like I have in the thread header?

Mcan,
hoping for later games...

tk13
12-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Usually they play Saturday at 5 and 8 pm ET or so, then Sunday at 1 and 4 pm ET. That's the first two weekends. I forget the exact Saturday times but it's later in the evening.

Then you get to the conference championship rounds... and I think those might be 3pm/7pm games? I don't remember.... they're both on Sunday though.

mcan
12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Usually they play Saturday at 5 and 8 pm ET or so, then Sunday at 1 and 4 pm ET. That's the first two weekends. I forget the exact Saturday times but it's later in the evening.

Then you get to the conference championship rounds... and I think those might be 3pm/7pm games? I don't remember.... they're both on Sunday though.

I get off of work on Saturday at 4:00. I can possibly sneak out a little early, if I need to... So, I was really hoping that the games would start at no later than 4:00 on Saturday. If that's the case, then all is good..

tk13
12-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Okay, I looked it up, the Saturday games last year started at 4:30 eastern/3:30 central on both the wild card and divisional weekends. So there you go....

mcan
12-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Okay, I looked it up, the Saturday games last year started at 4:30 eastern/3:30 central on both the wild card and divisional weekends. So there you go....

Sounds good. At worst I miss a the first half of the first quarter of ONE game. At best, the NFC games are at 3:30 and I don't even have to worry about it... Thanks...

WebGem
12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I would cut off my dick before I miss a Chiefs regular season game, much less a playoff game.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2005, 10:48 PM
I would cut off my dick before I miss a Chiefs regular season game, much less a playoff game.

What about your balls?

KCJake
12-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Agreed. I'll quit my job before i'll miss a Chiefs playoff game. Seriously.