PDA

View Full Version : Dustin colquit

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Are you happy with our new punter, he is currently ranked 30th out of 33 punters for avg. yards. But he is #3 in % inside the 20 which does affect his avg. yards. We have seen our share of dropped punts caused by his punting style but I can't remember any turnovers from them. I personally think he was a good pick and the best is ahead of him.

Braincase
12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Are you happy with our new punter, he is currently ranked 30th out of 33 punters for avg. yards. But he is #3 in % inside the 20 which does affect his avg. yards. We have seen our share of dropped punts caused by his punting style but I can't remember any turnovers from them. I personally think he was a good pick and the best is ahead of him.

Are his yardage numbers based on gross or net? Our punt coverage has been awful unless it is a short punt just inside the 20.

I'm happy with him. I'm disappointed in our special teams coverage on puts and kickofs.

RedDread
12-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Dustin Colquitt and Lawrence Tynes have earned another year with the team in my book. Gotta give Rookies at least 2 years to pan out and Tynes may make the pro-bowl despite the missed kick last week.

morphius
12-16-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm okay with the guy. He hasn't been as consistent as I would like, but you gotta give the guy some time. Especially considering the height he can put on the ball. If our punt team had anyone who could get down the field there would not only been a few turnovers, but there should be some more touch backs.

Heck, just in the last game at the end of the first half when Vermeil screwed up and called the TO, Colquit helped cover that mistake by kicking the ball past the guy and off to one side. If he had been able to fair catch if, they could have easily took the free kick.

digi2fish
12-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Colquitt is brilliant
think about Jason Baker...

RedDread
12-16-2005, 08:13 AM
hey digi are they broadcasting the saturday games over there this week?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Are his yardage numbers based on gross or net? Our punt coverage has been awful unless it is a short punt just inside the 20.

I'm happy with him. I'm disappointed in our special teams coverage on puts and kickofs.

Yards based on gross, but he's way down on net too. but I guess we can't fault him for that because he normally has a short field to work with.

Gaz
12-16-2005, 08:16 AM
...I'm happy with him. I'm disappointed in our special teams coverage on puts and kickofs.

Exactly.

xoxo~
Gaz
Terrified of kick returns this season.

ILChief
12-16-2005, 08:19 AM
I like him. we don't go 3 and out that often so he doesn't get too just kick it as hard as he can that often. most of his punts are from around midfield, therefore he is trying to pin them inside the 20 and his gross avg suffers. but he is a very good punter.

bkkcoh
12-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Colquitt is brilliant

amen

ChiefsFanatic
12-16-2005, 08:25 AM
I am happy with the punting. When you punt from the 50 over and over, your avg. is going to suffer. Je puts inside the 20, and has caused 3 or 4 muffs.

Better than anything we've had in a while.

Mr. Kotter
12-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Dustin Colquitt and Lawrence Tynes have earned another year with the team in my book. Gotta give Rookies at least 2 years to pan out and Tynes may make the pro-bowl despite the missed kick last week.

Agreed. Short fields and coverage have hampered Colquitt's "average"...but his hang time has been good, generally. Tynes KOs have been improved over the past few years, and his kicking pretty reliable....the winds of Buffalo, and a bad snap in the Dallas game have been his sole blemishes since early in the season.

shakesthecat
12-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Even with Tynes miss last week, I think KC's kicking game is as good as it's been in years.

Colquit has been as advertised, and was worth the high draft pick.

StcChief
12-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Happy with both considering what's out there.

The kicking has suffered for years

Chief Faithful
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
I am very happy with Colquitt. The guy can put the ball on a dime with consistancy and his punts always have good hang time. I think his net yards and even gross yards are more a product of kicking from mid-field more than normal due to the offenses ability to move the ball effectively. Plus, the coverage teams have been very poor.

RedNFeisty
12-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I am pretty happy with Colquitt, we haven't had to worry about anyone returning the ball on the Chief's. There have been some good returns, but none for a touch down, iirc!!

Frosty
12-16-2005, 09:59 AM
I can't remember any turnovers from them.

Got one at the Raiders

jidar
12-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm more than happy with Colquit, the guy is on an awful special teams unit and kicking on short fields more than most so I don't look at his numbers. Hes getting the job done... I just wish his hold had been a little straighter last week, but hopefully that's a lesson learned.

Dunit35
12-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Colquitt is brilliant

Or Steve Cheeks.

redfan
12-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Colquitt is doing a fine job. His stats would be right up there with league leaders if we had some guys that could get down the field.

PBJGO LEFTY!! PBJ

Mr. Laz
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
i think both our punts and kickoff are hurt because of our coverage units.

i also believe that both Tynes and colquitt have been told to sacrifice distance for hang time to try and compensate for the lousy coverage.

imo our kickoff coverage units are told to sprint to the 30 yard line and then react to the ball ... pretty much ensuring that all the returns make it back to at least the 30 yrd line unless someone drops the ball.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I wonder if cold weather will help with the muffs. Swirling winds & a hardball

go bo
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Colquitt is brilliant
think about Jason Baker...ooooh, good point...

let's not think about jason baker... :D :D :D

digi2fish
12-16-2005, 05:59 PM
hey digi are they broadcasting the saturday games over there this week?

just checked the schedule
they're going to broadcast the doncos v.s. bills game....
:cuss:

I'll root the bills tho...

sedated
12-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I like colquitt.

he gives me the chance to say "muff" every weekend.