PDA

View Full Version : Why KC can beat Denver at Mile High...

wutamess
09-20-2000, 12:02 PM
-The KC/Den game has been, is, and will always be a well fought battle.

-The crap about them being a super high powered offense is still pretty unsubstantiated ( c'mon, they were playing Atlanta, St. Louis, and Oakland for Christ's sake!!!)

-Griese is STILL no Elway.

-Elvis might not be Elway either, but agains the Broncos D, he could look like it.

-The chiefs finally relieved som much needed pressure when Gunther finally took a huge dump last week and decided to open up the offense a little, you should see more of that next week.

-Broncos don't have a reciever like SlyMo or Gonzo.

-Chiefs might not have an Anderson or Davis, but when the balanced offence starts to kick in, watch for our new 224lb bouncing baby boy Moreau to shove it up that D line of the Denver Bronco's.

I have all of your what not's and bull accusations on my blackboard and they hold about as much water as my ex-wifes diaphram. We may not win, but don't even think this is going to be an easy game. I see Grbac showing us what he is made of this week, we'll see soon enough. GO CHIEFS!!!

chiefsnathan
09-20-2000, 12:12 PM
Just a couple of observations:

* You're underestimating Denver's D.

* Denver has two 1,000 yard receivers in Smith and McCaffry. SlyMo has a lot of work to do to get mentioned in the same breath. Has Gonzo done diddly squat this year?

* You're underestimating Denver's O.

Devin Vierth
09-20-2000, 12:55 PM
Donkey Drew:

How are we under estimating Denvers D? How do you figure? How many point have the Bronco's given up this year. The Chiefs have played the top 2 teams in the afc and gave up fewer points to 2 teams than the bronco's gave up to the one of the better teams in the NFC? How do you think the defense is under-estimated? According to the numbers the Denver defense is worse than the Chiefs.

------------------
bk

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 01:08 PM
The beauty of rivalry week...

BK Broiler.... I'd like to see how many points the KC defense gives up to the Rams.

There are many reasons that could be used to support either team winning this weekend. That's the greatness of the NFL.

I honestly just don't see the KC giant waking up and firing on all offensive, defensive and special teams' cylinders this weekend.

I think some of you are really believing that KC will roll up 170 yds rushing and 300+ yds passing while holding Denver to 13 pts and 200 total yards on their home turf.

The last time these two teams met at Mile High, it took a punt return to win the game for KC, 16-10.

If I were grading the teams ....
Denver was a C- level team in that game at Mile High last year and now they're about a B+. KC was about a B- team in that game and they're still about a B- .. maybe a B.

It should be a close, tough game. KC won't amaze anyone this weekend and Denver won't slobberknock 'em around ... but, Denver will definitely play well and win the game.

chiefsnathan
09-20-2000, 01:11 PM
For example, look at Denver V. Oakland. Denver gave up 24 points. However, 14 of those points came on a blocked punt, and a turnover at the Denver 13. So the Defense basically yielded 10 points to the Raiders. The defense had five sacks, forced 2 turnovers, and scored once. They also shut out the Raiders at home in the second half.

Denver was up 5 TD's on Atlanta before they got their first first down. Atlanta's total O in the first half was under fifty yards, including a negative yardage figure for Jamal Anderson.

Niether of these teams are O dynamos, but the numbers speak for themselves. Denver's D is far from dominant or spectacular, but they are pretty dang solid.

bishop_74
09-20-2000, 01:15 PM
I like any post with the word "slobberknock". A football word for sure...

Chiefs 28
Denver 24

In a battle, Of Course.

wutamess
09-20-2000, 02:29 PM
Gee Donkey, that sounds an awful lot like the KC D the last 2 games against a REPUTABLE OPPONENT!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 09-20-2000).]

chiefsnathan
09-20-2000, 02:42 PM
Yeah, well, I don't see anybody saying the Chiefs are vunerable because of their sucky D.

Plus, I don't recall the Titans ever being accused of having an offense. The Chiefs gave up some serious points to the Colts.

wutamess
09-20-2000, 03:03 PM
Wait a minute, are you telling me that the Colts with thier "explosive offense" (Edgerrin James, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison) are not an offense that is hard to contain? Or maybe that is what you are saying about the Titans offense? Both teams I might add went to the playoffs last year and one to the SB. And I am not saying that Denver didn't hold thier own against the Rams... that was a close game, but your logic is skewed if you really think that you had a tougher schedule than us the first 2 weeks. All I am saying is don't count your chickens, you could be in for a BIG suprise. Our first 2 losses were to play off teams and were VERY close games. We are only one game underneath you and you seem to think that no matter what, you will win. I know better than to put money down on a game like this, would you really invest a lot of money in the Broncos? I hope not...

chiefsnathan
09-20-2000, 03:11 PM
Actually, I've been on record on a couple other threads saying that this game will be close and that the Chiefs might win. I was just pointing out that reality doesn't mesh with statements about the sucky Denver D. Denver's D is, at the very least, adequet to win against virtually anybody.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 03:17 PM
"Denver's D is, at the very least, adequet to win against virtually anybody."

Wow ... there's a hell of a statement.

chiefsnathan
09-20-2000, 03:22 PM
Mile High:

I'm suprised you could take some time from being a Chief fan suck-up in order to take a shot at me.

I'm flattered.

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 03:51 PM
Donkey Drew,

I'm with you. My opinion, Mile High Mania is anything BUT a Broncos fan.

All season long this guy has had reasons for why Broncos are not as good as they look, and then he is the first Bronco fan to post a topic on this board after the Broncos Kick *** every weekend.

Drew, I am glad you have taken a stand for our defense. I don't think they are that bad either. In fact, I think that the only game (except preseason) in which they played poorly on defense was the Rams game. WHO is NOT going to play poor defense against the Rams?

Mile High,
Quit being an idiot. Be proud of the team you cheer for, and don't be afraid of these sorry chiefs fans. If your team is playing great football, there is nothing wrong with saying so.

Chief fans - reason why chiefs will lose.

They suck at football! Our 2nd string qb and 3rd string rb are still head and shoulders above your starters.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 03:58 PM
BroncoFan and DonkeyDrew...

If being a *true* Bronco fan means that I have to be like the two of you ... then, count me out.

If you guys get a kick out of being idiots, then that is cool. I actually like having 'conversations' with some of the KC fans.

You two make a great match.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 04:01 PM
One final note - you guys apparently just read selective excerpts from my posts.

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:03 PM
BroncoFan, wow, one factor of the whole game has brought you wins against untested defenses (as mentioned previously) and our running backs have been held to lower yards by PROVEN defenses. How many differnt ways can I say this. I fyou really think the Chiefs suck and are going to lose, why aren't you a millionare. You should be able to make a LOT of money with your team at Vegas. This year is obviously your opportunity. If not, quit your little girl whining and fess up to the fact that your team has two wins against teams that are just as bad as the Chargers.

-"They suck at football!!!"

This sounds like the rant of a frusterated desperate man... nice and logical buddy... Geez...

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:04 PM
Mile High,

I already had counted you out. After you said they didn't stand a realistic chance against the rams, and after you said you weren't sure about the Atlanta game, and after you said we couldn't hammer the Raiders.

This week you have already said that although you think Denver can win, that it will be a difficult, hard fought game.

I am here to tell you BEFORE THE GAME that the Broncos will beat the Chiefs soundly.

And when you post after the game about how great Broncos played, I will be there to COUNT YOU OUT!

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-20-2000).]

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 04:05 PM
Bishop .. you're wasting your breathe with dumb and dumber.

I do find it funny that many of you on the BB said that Oakland would be the first true defensive test for Denver. Well, they passed and now I'm told that Oakland's defense sucked after all.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

DaWolf
09-20-2000, 04:06 PM
If I were a Donkey fan, which I'm certainly not! I would try to keep on the good side of other donkey fans. You'll need each other after the Chiefs hand you your A** on Sunday, you freakin fraud of a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:07 PM
Mile High, I can only thank you for your conversational tone and at least defending your team without being irrational. It's nice to have someone from a rival team with a bit of wit and intelligence as oppossed to... "Your gonna lose 'cause you suck!!!"<P>

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:08 PM
Good Lord Hank... forget your prozac again... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 04:10 PM
Broncofan, you are such a jacka$$...

Rams - I said they would score enough points to hang with them, but doubted they would win the first game on the road at St Louis on MNF. Yes, I said that.

Atlanta - I never doubted that game.

Oakland - read my posts regarding 'Broncos - Raiders'. Idiot. Don't just read selective portions, digest everything that I typed regarding that game.

KC - point out where I said that I thought Denver would lose this weekend.

Point is - I'm more realistic about Denver and you like to talk out of your a$$. Quit wasting my time.

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:10 PM
Bishop,

I am taking you advise, I just put a million dollars on this weekends game.

Now, tell me again about the Raiders, Falcons, and Rams being as bad as the Chargers? I have another 3 million laying around, with your football knowledge, and my money, we just might get rich!

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:11 PM
BroncoBoy,

Denver Defense - 20th in the NFL

...and the fantastic Denver offense has scored against the 21st(Atlanta), 28th(Oakland) and 30th(St. Louis) ranked defenses in the NFL.

Not exactly a testimonial to your defense and shows that your offense is COMPLETELY unproven.

--AustinChief

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 04:12 PM
Bishop ... thanks, these guys crack me up.<P>

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:13 PM
Can anyone else smell that...huh...can ya...

that's sarcasm.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:15 PM
Well, I think we can ALL agree that we are going to play football this weekend...

DaWolf
09-20-2000, 04:21 PM
If the Chiefs can put up 42 points against the Chargers defense we should be able to put up a 100 against Denvers none existant secondary!

DaWolf
09-20-2000, 04:23 PM
And another thing! Wow I think the Prozac is kicking in, uh what was I saying, oh ya it's gonna be a great game and it will be very close.

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:25 PM
LOL Hank. I am going to need prozac before the game. No matter what I know I'll be goin' nuts...

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:26 PM
What! No reply to the ONLY facts that anyone has presented? (post #23)

Denver Defense - 20th in the NFL
21st(Atlanta)
28th(Oakland)
30th(St. Louis)

--AustinChief<BR>

wutamess
09-20-2000, 04:28 PM
Good post Austin. I'm sorry, I was immersed in another conversation at the time. It just helps prove thier "rational" thinking is merely out of control fan logic.

Thanks again http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:35 PM
Also...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Both teams are boasting offenses which have amassed the most points of any NFL team in a game this season. The Chiefs are coming off a 42-10 win over San Diego. The Broncos also posted a season-high 42 points by producing a 42-12 victory vs. Atlanta earlier this year.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmmm...let see Atlanta - 21st Defense
San Diego - 15th Defense

--AustinChief

[This message has been edited by AustinChief (edited 09-20-2000).]

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:36 PM
Mile High,

Asking for help from KC fans, AGAINST Bronco fans?

You otta be ashamed!

Don't worry. When the stadium is re-named, you will be able to change your login to Arrowhead Mania!

And because of the way you post, nobody will ever know you're a Bronco Fan.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-20-2000).]

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:43 PM
AustinChief,

You look like a dumbass posting that quote.

Why? It was an attemp to say the Chiefs have a better offense than Denver.

Being a chiefs fan, I am assuming you watch chief games.

I just finished my argument, and I for one will admit my argument was much more persuasive than yours.

Come back next week, you will have another opportunity to look like an idiot AFTER your team has played Denver.

suds79
09-20-2000, 04:54 PM
Hold the Phone, Austin Chief!
The reason SD's D is ranked #15 is because the Chiefs ran over it. BEFORE the game, SD had the #4 d vs. the rush and #8 vs the pass.
The reasons KC should (not will) win:
1. KC gained 365 rushing yds vs. Denver in '99 (a whopping 182.5 ypg). The Chiefs should be able to run at will vs. Denver.
2. The Chiefs have the highest scoring pass attack in the NFL and the Donx are yielding 237 ypg in the air.
3. The Chiefs clearly have a better defense.
4. The Chiefs should win the TO battle, although that is not a given.

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:55 PM
BroncoBoy,

The quote was to prove that the Bronco offense is just as unproven as the KC offense.

Of course, I believe KC will win more games with good D then a spectacular offense...but their O is sufficient.

Denver on the other hand believes that they can win game with NO defense...with your easy schedule this may be true enough to get you to 9-7 (if you can stay healthy...which I doubt)...but KC WILL score points on the Denver D ... but since the Denver offense is completely unproven...who knows what they can do. I stick with my original prediction...

Chiefs - 28
Broncos - 17

--AustinChief<P>

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 04:59 PM
KCJohnny,

I'm in complete agreement with you.
My only concern is keeping our offense rolling. If they play half the game on both O and D that was played last week and can cut out a few mental lapses... easy blow out.

Unfortunately, I don't see us getting 6 sacks at Mile High...or 5 passing TDs

--AustinChief (looking forward to 4 sacks and 3 passing TDs)

suds79
09-20-2000, 05:18 PM
You ar right, AC, but I still see the Chiefs making the game very competitive and that denver will face the best D it has seen this year. The real question in my mind is which Chiefs O shows up.
If the Chiefs run the ball this year vs. Denver like they did last year vs. Denver, there is nothing the Donx can do to stop us.
Remember, even in '98 when KC was bad, we rolled up 31 points in Mile High vs. the World Champs and forced Elway to come from behind in the last seconds to beat us. The Chiefs CAN score on Denver.
Q: Will they?<BR>

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:19 PM
AustinChief,

The irony of your argument, after Broncos whip the chiefs, Broncos will still be unproven.

Beating KC at home will be nothing to be proud of. But it will be another win, and I will get to make fun of chief fans!

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:21 PM
My favorite fact is this...

Gunther is undefeated as a head coach versus the donkeys!!!

-AustinChief

[This message has been edited by AustinChief (edited 09-20-2000).]

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:26 PM
BroncoBoy,

Unfortunately I agree. Our defense is still *very* unproven.

...but after all of your talk if the *sub-standard* Chiefs outscore the Broncos...will you admit that the Chiefs are better or what excuse will you use? Injury?

...because if memory serves, you once stated that Elvis sucked BECAUSE he was injury prone. Do your Broncos suck now...because they are *definetely* injury prone? If Davis has one more injury... does he suck?

--AustinChief

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:34 PM
AustinChief,

Good point, if chiefs win, it will definately be because of injuries. But I'm guessing that missing the best rb in the league, and now one of the best qbs in the leaque, would hurt any of the good teams.

Indy without payton and james, Rams without faulk and warner?

Would chiefs be the same team without ... well ya, I guess they probably would be!

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:42 PM
BroncoBoy,

You didn't address my questions.

Does Davis suck now that he is injury prone?
(Torn Acl then a sprained ankle)

What about Olandis Gary?

My point being that using the same logic you had used in the past to evaluate Elvis ... if the Broncos are injured ... they suck! They might want to look into getting a better trainer and conditioning coach.

Injury is just another REASON that a team sucks...just like having bad defense, not having a premier RB, etc...can all be reasons. None of them change the facts, they just explain them.

--AustinChief<BR>

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 05:51 PM
AustinChief,

Yes, a team is defined by winning and losing. Whatever it is that makes a team lose does contribute to that team ..."sucking"! Even if it is injuries.

What I am impressed with is KC dedication to "sucking" without the benefit of any excuses. I mean, the reason the chief "suck", and will continue to "suck", is not because of injuries, or off the field problems, or bad luck, it is because they have a dedication to losing games because they don't PLAY FOOTBALL well!

They are the purest form of a bad team, one which has no excuses. Just bad football.<BR>

Romel
09-20-2000, 06:28 PM
Let's arbitrarily define sucking as finishing either last in the division or being 6 or more games below .500. Which of these two franchises would you say is "dedicated" to sucking?

Franchise 1:
YEAR W L T Finish
1960 4 9 1 4th AFL Western Conference
1961 3 11 0 3rd AFL Western Conference
1963 2 11 1 4th AFL Western Conference
1964 2 11 1 4th AFL Western Conference
1965 4 10 0 4th AFL Western Conference
1966 4 10 0 4th AFL Western Conference
1967 3 11 0 4th AFL Western Conference
1968 5 9 0 4th AFL Western Conference
1969 5 8 1 4th AFL Western Conference
1971 4 9 1 4th AFC West
1982 2 7 0 12th AFC
1990 5 11 0 5th AFC West
1999 6 10 0 5th AFC West

Franchise 2:
YEAR W L T Finish
1976 5 9 0 4th AFC West
1977 2 12 0 5th AFC West
1978 4 12 0 5th AFC West
1979 7 9 0 5th AFC West
1983 6 10 0 Tied for 4th AFC West
1985 6 10 0 5th AFC West
1987 4 11 0 5th AFC West
1988 4 11 1 5th AFC West

To me, it looks like Sucking is Franchise #1's high school sweetheart and that they still pine for each other longingly, in between torrid flings amidst the hay and beneath the trailers.

Romel
09-20-2000, 06:30 PM
When, I wonder will Franchise #1 get sweaty with Sucking this decade? She's got what he needs and he never stays away for long. How long will 1999 hold him, I wonder?

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 06:43 PM
DanT - Don't obstifucate the argument with facts, let Vance ramble... it is always fun to watch.

Romel
09-20-2000, 06:48 PM
Denver's a dedicated family man with a honey on the side. You got to take them as seriously as you would any other hypocrite. At least it does use its tawdry affairs to spice up its primary relationship. It finds great new positions (uh, in the draft, if you know what I mean).

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 07:56 AM
Mile High:

Talk about delusional. I'm every bit as objective as you are, I'm just not an *** kissing suck up. Maybe I would be if I was run off for being such a bandwagoning idiot on the Denver Post board, but I don't necessarily need friends here.

If you want to insult me, at least find something real. Otherwise, mind your own freakin' business.

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 08:04 AM
Are you still typing?

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 08:11 AM
Proctor, it's funny to read you boast about KC having the NFL's best and highest scoring passing attack.

Ok, I think we can all agree that 5 TDs was a bit 'flukish'. In two games, he had 3 TDs and the third game sorta throws off the numbers.

That's why stats suck.

Griese has thrown 7 TDs ... 3 in Week 1 and 2 in each of the other two weeks. That's a great passing attack and not a one game wonder like Grbac had.

Denver has a great passing and rushing attack at this point in the season. You can twist your stats all you like.

I'll take great pleasure in listening to the excuses as to why KC lost to a team with a defense ranked in the 20's this weekend.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 08:13 AM
That's the best you've got?

For those of you that don't know this loser's history, he spent the whole '98 season whining about the Broncos defense on the Bronco board, and finally left when he realized his credibility was shot. This is where he landed, I guess, although I'm pretty sure he moonlights as BusterTBronco over there right now.

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 08:18 AM
Drew: you sell yourself short. There is NO WAY anyone could ever accuse you of being objective.

I expect a season split at best, so Im not expecting the Chiefs to win. I do think they have the better overall team than Denver, but our coaching staff really sucks.

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 08:20 AM
DonkeyDrew ... what the hell are you talking about? You have no idea who I am.

The only other BBs where I have an ID is on the Star and InsideDenver sites (txreaper). I visit that site periodically and I've never been run off any BBs.

You're a freak ...

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 08:29 AM
Whatever, Mile High. Even if I'm wrong about who you specifically are, your still a bandwagoning weasel who has to suck up to rival fans to get any sense of credibility. You can't hang on the Bronco boards because they actually know the Broncos over there. Its a hell of lot easier faking it over here. I saw that in about 18 seconds on this board.

<BR>

Dr. Red
09-21-2000, 08:38 AM
Drew - that must be why you hang out on this board http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 09-21-2000).]

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 08:44 AM
Whatever dude... you obviously have personal issues. The nature of your posts are pretty immature, so I understand that you're a young guy struggling to find himself in life.<P>

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 08:44 AM
Yeah, you got me.

Actually, I like it here because there are some respectable Chief fans lurking. It's cool to see credible opinions from the dark side, even if some of them are way off base. I also get a kick out of the pure spite for the Broncos. What I didn't expect is some Bronco fan using me to show off for his cyberbuddies. In the words of the great Augustus McCrea, I can't abide that sort of behavior.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 08:47 AM
Mile High:

You're not gonna charge me for this psycho-analasis are you? I'll remind you that I was just minding my business until you decided you needed to take some shots at me. Don't give me this crap about my issues and such. I'm not the one prancing about this board, cutting on Bronco fans just to show my 'objectivity' to Chief fans.

[This message has been edited by Donkey Drew (edited 09-21-2000).]

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 08:50 AM
Drew ... I only slam the guys that act like jacka$$es. I'm an equal opportunity smack talker.

Just because we cheer for the same team, doesn't mean I have to like you or try to help you defend your statements.

Let's just agree to end the BS and quit wasting bandwidth.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 08:55 AM
Okay.<P>

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-21-2000, 09:18 AM
Brad,
Drew is a horse of a different color. *grin*

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 09:19 AM
I don't get how some of you Chief fans equate bad luck with injuries being a reflection of the quality of the team. You can't condition a labrum or ligament or tendon. If the Broncos were going down with pulled hammies and quads, or pulls in general, that'd make sense. If they were wearing down at the end of games, etc., it would make sense. But the reality is, Denver has been terribly snake bit for two years now. Be careful enjoying it too much, because the injury worm has a way of turning.

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 09:38 AM
methinks I just read a premptive strike of the injury excuse in case Denver loses.

I will not accept the injury excuse from a bronco fan mainly because in 1997 and 1998 when KC was riddled with injuries we were blasted for bringing it up.

<BR>

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-21-2000, 09:54 AM
Drew,
You're right about that worm thing. During the Donx Super Bowl run, they were pretty much injury free. Actually they didn't suffer many injuries for 3 seasons from 96- through 98. Things DO have a way of evening out though. BTW, it's not like the Chiefs are that healthy either. Fact is that injuries are all part of the game, that's why depth is so important.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 10:03 AM
With injuries, Broncos second string will still destroy KC's starters at mile high.

Why?

They are still more talented than KC's starters, and are better coached.

Dr. Red
09-21-2000, 10:12 AM
BroncoBoy -

Better coached, probably. Better talented 2nd stringers than our 1st stringers, hardly. Your 2nd and 3rd string running backs are definitely better than our 1st liners. But that's where it stops. You must of been drinking a little too much orange cool-aid lately, because that was a stupid comment.

Joe Seahawk
09-21-2000, 10:14 AM
well damn you chitown
ya beat me to it
lol
oh well

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 10:15 AM
Titus:

You are one cynical dude. Even if I was to try to make injuries an excuse, it wouldn't fly on this board anyway (unless K.C. was coming into Denver with its back up QB and its third string, rookie RB, in which case injuries would most certainly be relevant).

Actually, I do believe that Denver should beat K.C. with Anderson and Frerrote rather than Davis and Griese, so I don't think injuries are an excuse at all at this point. I just think its pretty ridiculous to play off torn cartlidge and ligaments as a negative reflection of the organization. It's just bad luck.

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 10:21 AM
Thank you, Drew.

I would be the first to agree w/you that we would lose if we were coming into this game with our backup QB and 3rd String RB--just fyi, we dont have 3RB's on the roster, we would be using a converted FB, but that's an entirely different subject--but, we're not coming into that game in this shape.

We did however run into those situations in the past and were summarily laughed at for even suggesting that injuries might play a role. I dont call it bad luck, it's part of the game.

I would venture to say that your luck with getting away with many holding calls that KC would never get away with balance out any injury problems you might have in your running game.

Will be interesting to see which Gus shows up, I do remember him in Was as somewhat of a INT machine.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 10:31 AM
I'm starting to figure it out. Injuries aren't an excuse, but ref conspiracies are.

As much as Denver gets away with, you find yourself wondering why the whole NFL isn't screaming bloody murder. It makes sense if you think about it, though-- if the NFL was going to let a team cheat year after year, they'd most certainly do it on behalf of a small media market team in the least populous time zone in the country. That way, they could really put the hook into that huge fan base in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. Why waste your time with measly markets like New York, LA, the Bay Area, Missouri, or Illinois?

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 11:07 AM
Drew, LOL, not conspiracy. If you read it that way, Im sorry.

It's a fact. Your lead takle or TE holds...on dang near every running sweep play.

Holding is a judgement call and the refs give it to you. Must be nice.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 12:24 PM
If it was just one Chief fan bitching about one 'break' Denver gets from the league or officials, I might be reading something into that statement. However, this conspiracy thing is a common mantra from Chief fans. The league lets Denver hold. The league lets Denver's oline crackback and play dirty. The league lets Denver have free reign on the salary cap. The refs let Denver win in KC in the '97 playoffs, or else Denver would have never gone on that amazing run. Blah, lah, blah, blah.

You guys just need to come to grips with the fact that Denver is a top notch organization and a well coached football team.

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 12:31 PM
Drew: dont get mad about it. You should feel fortunate that your line is allowed such leeway. It's obvious when you watch the replays, it's just uncanny that your team gets away with it with such regularity.

I said nothing else about your absurd statements, because I think you have me confused with the Raiders, Al Davis, who has made those other accusations.

Chieffan
09-21-2000, 12:38 PM
From the DenverPost online:

The Broncos #3 WR, Brooks strained a hamstring in practice and may not play Sunday, possibly due to a training camp holdout.

They are still doubting that Griese will play Sunday.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 01:00 PM
Not getting mad, just commenting on a common theme on these boards (this and the Star).

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 01:07 PM
It might be a common theme because it is so obvious.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 01:12 PM
Drew,

Chiefs fans always have reasons why they get beat by the Broncos, except those of the "We didn't play good football" variety.

In fact, nearly all chief fans only remember the plays in which they feel they "got screwed".

Bottom line, every team in the NFL gets screwed, every team has their share of good and bad luck, in the end, chiefs just seem to play worse than the rest.

alanm
09-21-2000, 01:14 PM
“The Refs hate the Chiefs” has reached the status of self-fulfilling prophecy or urban legend for some Chiefs fans. They expect the Refs to make bad calls against the Chiefs, so when the Refs blow a call [and they WILL blow MANY calls] they see their worst suspicions confirmed.

The officiating in the legendary Chiefs/Broncos game was probably no worse than it is in most NFL games today. However, that game is seared into the psyche of many Chiefs fans because our team failed to overcome those bad calls and win the game. I am certain that a Broncos Homer could point out just as many bad calls that go against Denver.

Referees in the NFL stink. Their bad calls have swung far too many games. The have ceased being arbiters of a contest and have become an integral part of the scoring. Oscar McCaffrey is a perfect example of a player who recognized the bad calls by the Refs and has learned to integrate them into his performance [and I use the term “performance” advisedly].

To the Chiefs Homers who want to complain about the [10] points removed by the Refs: you need to get over it. WE failed to overcome some bad calls and win the game. The great teams win despite bad calls. We did not. Let it go.

To the Broncos Homers who don’t want to hear about the [10] points removed by the Refs: Bring up the bad calls that went against your team. Tell the Chiefs Homers to read the paragraph above. But please do not pretend that the bad calls did not occur. That is simply untrue.

xoxo~
gaz
still wondering if we couldn’t play the game on the honor system.<BR>

alanm
09-21-2000, 01:18 PM
"In fact, nearly all chief fans only remember the plays in which they feel they "got screwed"."

Yeah, and in fact nearly all broncos fans are inbred, battery-hurling, illiterate, incestuous, child-molesting, obnoxious trash.

Oh, present company excepted, of course.

xoxo~
gaz
playing the game like the Donkey fans.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 09-21-2000).]

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 01:24 PM
Hey, I'm niether incestuous or child-molesting!!!

I could handle the normal bitching about the officiating. That's a little different from the constent implication that Denver consistently gets away with stuff that other teams don't. That's even worse than pointing at injuries as an excuse.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 01:25 PM
Gaz,

Guess it hurt to read my post AFTER you wrote that short story about chiefs fans bitching about bad calls.

Good call trying to save face with that last scathing post. I guess if someone reads that they won't think that everything you said in your short story validates my post!

Next time, just go edit your original post if you don't want to look stupid.

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 01:40 PM
My, my the bronco boys are getting defensive. No need to get upset. Feel fortunate that you are allowed.

As Gaz stated, the refs are bad and have made themselves a part of the game. It's sad really how one bad call can ruin an otherwise good game.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 01:42 PM
I forgot....what was the punishment for an O-line greasing up their uniforms with Vasoline?

--AustinChief<P>

alanm
09-21-2000, 01:46 PM
BroncoFan-

No, “hurt” isn’t the right word. “Insulted” is closer, but fails to capture the expectation of empty, obnoxious spite aimed at Chiefs fans. That is exactly what I have come to expect from you. “Indignant” might cover it.

I simply thought I would emulate your kind of broad-brush, blatantly untrue, insulting statements and see how it felt. Sadly, I must report that despite a scalding, visceral moment of reaction while typing the words, seeing them in print was ultimately a hollow experience. I am not skilled at empty mean-spirited smack and I should have known better. In the future, I shall leave that to you.

Congratulations, BroncoFan, you are far better at spewing pointless venom than I.

xoxo~
gaz
met his match.<P>

wutamess
09-21-2000, 01:48 PM
Nice one AC, and to think, BroncoFan thought he made GAZ feel stupid...

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 01:59 PM
I think Denver's punishment was having to go play Pittsburg in the AFC Championship Game. The Broncos actually delt with it pretty well.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs were left to whine about it. Who knew some of them would still be whining 3 years later?

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:03 PM
Gaz,

Thanks. Don't feel bad, we all have our limitations.

xoxo~
BroncoFan
didn't wan't to make gaz cry

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:08 PM
DonkeyDrew,

You DO realize that it was cheating. You aren't so stupid as to not admit that point.
I don't care whether it had ANY effect on the outcome of the game...it was still cheating.

Can any of you Bronco fans admit this one fact?

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:08 PM
Drew,

I did!

Even Gaz agrees.

"In fact, nearly all chief fans only remember the plays in which they feel they "got screwed"."

xoxo~
BroncoFan
glad we see eye to eye<BR>

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:11 PM
AustinChief,

Give me a hint, what will be the official chief fan excuse for the chiefs getting beat this week? I mean, except the "We didn't score any point on offense."

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz would be proud

Raiderhater
09-21-2000, 02:14 PM
You mean besides the fact that the Broncos routinely get away with holding? Dont know, I guess it will be interesting to see how the game will pan out.

Im guessing that a KC win would result in equally inane exuses from the Bronco boys.

Lightning Rod
09-21-2000, 02:14 PM
I don't think that our young db's are
going to be able to stop the denver attack. Remember that the Chiefs only destroyed a pitiful san diego team. This week the chiefs offense will be exposed as the high school attack that it is.

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 02:15 PM
By the definition of the word I suppose it was cheating. Strange how those comprimised NFL refs stepped right in and made those dastardly Broncos wipe the substance off. I wonder why the hell the refs would step in for that sort of cheating while letting all the rest of the cheating go on? Strange, if you ask me.

Is trying to hurt a guy cheating?

Mark M [BornChiefs]
09-21-2000, 02:17 PM
BF,

I think the only excuses from Chief fans after this weekend will invole apologies to the women of our households...for breaking any precious objects while jumping up and down after the Chiefs beat the Donkos http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DonkD,
Since you like lonesome dove quotes:
maybe one of the refs was Woodrow Call, " I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tollerate it"....thats probably what they said as they wiped the love grease off of the linemen

[This message has been edited by Iowanian (edited 09-21-2000).]

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:18 PM
Hey dumb****,

If we lose it is because our team has *horrendous* coaching. Period.
No excuses.

BUT you have AGAIN avoided my question.

Can any of you Bronco fans admit this one fact? (That they DID cheat.)

-AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:22 PM
DonkeyDrew,

Thank you for at least admitting it...what amazes me is that they were punished by making them wipe it off.

That is like catching a criminal stealing bread and punishing him by saying.."Ok, you have to give back all the bread that you haven't eaten yet and please don't do it again!"

-AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:42 PM
AustinChief,

I am flattered that my responce evoked the rarely used "Bold Tag" in your last post.

Rarely does a Bronco fan, using a BB, provoke a complete emotional deterioration in chief fans resulting in the use of the "Bold Tag".

I am humbled by this honor, and will do my best live up to the expectations of my fellow Bronco brethren.

As for the Broncos cheating? I guess they will continue to get away with it, I will continue to be able to say Broncos win and chiefs lose, you will continue to whine.

You should do something to fix your unfortunate situation. I suggest you GET'EM. Seriously, don't stand for that cheating, go GET'EM. A stand up job just might get the Broncos kicked out of the league!

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz would have used bigger words.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-21-2000).]

wutamess
09-21-2000, 02:46 PM
Actually, you will probably be able to say CHIEFS win... Bronco's lose. Sad face...

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:46 PM
BroncoBoy,

Have you ever considered a career in politics?

Still no answer?

It is quite simple...yes or no...did they cheat?

I am not implying that it changed the outcome of the game. I just want to hear a straight answer.

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:50 PM
AustinChief,

Your probably right, I should run for office.

Suggestions?

xoxo~
BroncoFan
Gaz, how'm I doin?

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:55 PM
Wow! Still no balls.

OK since you can't admit one simple fact... I doubt we can continue this.

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 02:59 PM
No bold tag?

I'm not living up to my potential http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

I can do better. -> Chiefs just might have some of the worst players in the leaque!
Tell me who you think they are!

wutamess
09-21-2000, 03:02 PM
Rominowski and Pryce??? Oh... sorry, you said Chiefs.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 03:06 PM
There is no position on the Chiefs that could qualify as worst in the league... unless you count coaching.

DBs-All Excellent (some unproven rookies)
Linebackers-Excellent
D-Line-Excellent

O-Line-Excellent
RBs-Mostly Average (some unproven rookies)
QB-Excellent
TE-Excellent
WRs-Very Good (not alot of depth though)

K-Getting Old - but Average
P-Excellent(has the alltime record for avg distance for punts in college and showed it last game)

-AC<P>

chiefsnathan
09-21-2000, 03:07 PM
I wonder how many times Gonzo will cry to the refs about that big meany Romonowski? You guys have to admit, Gonzo was pretty pathetic the last time these teams met. He actually managed to cry Romo into a fine on a perfectly reasonable hit.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 03:08 PM
...but now that you mention it... how about those Broncos safeties!!! I'm pretty sure they would qualify as the two WORST safeties in the NFL.

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:02 PM
AustinChief

Gonzo!
When will his season officialy start to suck?
Carswell for the Broncos has caught more passes for more yards and he shares time with 2 other tight ends. In fact we have a FULLBACK that is only 2 receptions and 20 yards shy of Gonzos #s this season.

My guess, Chief fan will claim stone hands is a decent tight end all year long.

Anyone know where I can find dropped passes statistics on the web?<BR>

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:22 PM
Broncofan,

You shouldn't open your mouth if you didn't want to look like an idiot.

How many times has Carswell been double or triple-teamed this year? None? Oh wow...

Gonzo has 4 drops this year, all three of which came in double or triple coverage. He also had 4 of his catches last week when they actually tried to get the ball to someone else.

There's alot of people you could knock on the Chiefs, but you go after a proven Pro-Bowler? Typical...

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

wutamess
09-21-2000, 04:22 PM
Oooooooh, yeah, look out... three dropped passes in double coverage allllll season. More unsubstatiated bullsh!t. You rock Bronco.

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 09-21-2000).]

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:28 PM
He has dropped 4! He has only caught 8!

Dropping 1/3 of the passes that come your way, "proven pro-bowler".

Thanks for the help with my point guys, I owe you one!

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-21-2000, 04:28 PM
Drew,
Your absolutely WRONG with your take on Gonzo. He did NOT cry at all. He got right in Romo's face and they went at it all game - like they should. As a matter of FACT after one of Romo's HIGH hits around his head, Gonzo got up and slapped Romo on the back of the helmet! When asked about the incedent, he said that he told Romo he made a "nice hit"!

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:29 PM
By the way guys, can someone tell me where I can find that "how many times your guys has been double covered stat"?

That could come in handy if our tight ends start dropping passes!

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:30 PM
Let's see Carswell catch balls with 2 guys on his back and one in front of him. Broncofan, you're an ******* , and everybody here knows it. Get over it.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-21-2000, 04:30 PM
Bronco Fan (Vance),
OK - then ask the Rat if he would like to trade Carswell for Gonzo! Then ask yourself that very same question. LOL!

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:33 PM
No... No, chief fans have already pointed out that he has dropped 1/3 of the passes thrown to him this season. I'll let you keep him

Thanks for the offer.

Still looking for where I can find that double covered stat!

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:41 PM
BroncoBoy,

You truly have stepped into a new level of idiocy. EVERYONE knows that Tony G has been double covered ALL season...which opened up SlyMo last game for huge numbers.

..but putting that aside do you REALLY believe that Tony G is the worst in the NFL?

Contrary to EVERY sportswrite in the entire nation.

Wow...I didn't realize that EVERYONE was wrong and only you were right.

--AC

btw...could you tell me next weeks lotto numbers?

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:46 PM
AustinChief,

Still no bold tag?

Gonzo is not the worst in the NFL, I am just pointing out the obviouse, his season, to this point, looks alot like it did 2 years ago.

I did like the commercial where he couldn't catch! Bet he doesn't do another one of those next year. Something about dropping 1/3 of the passes thrown your way takes the humor out of these things.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:50 PM
BroncoBoy,

You have again side-stepped my earlier comments...

You wanted to know if anyone on the Chiefs was the worst in the NFL...it is obvious that we are average at a few positions but nowhere do we have a "worst in the NFL" player.

The Broncos on the other hand are starting two of the worst safeties in the NFL.

Any response?

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 04:54 PM
Next weeks lotto numbers.

1-2-3-4-5-6

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:04 PM
As for the double coverage stats...no stats were available but a few comments...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>From ESPN:With Elvis Grbac unable to consistently find his wide receivers in the first two games, opponents locked up Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez. But on Sunday, Grbac found rookie wide receiver Sylvester Morris and Gonzalez was one of the many beneficiaries. Morris had three touchdown receptions and Gonzlaez had a season-high four catches during Kansas City's 42-10 win over San Diego. "You can't double-cover me anymore, especially in the red zone," Gonzalez told The Kansas City Star. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>From The Sporting News:The rapid development of Morris should alleviate the double-team coverage Gonzalez and Alexander face in passing situations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>From FoxSports:Gonzalez has been held out of the end zone by double coverages this year. With the development of Morris as a red-zone weapon, he wants nothing more than a coming out party against old nemesis Romo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you need more?

--AC

[This message has been edited by AustinChief (edited 09-21-2000).]

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:07 PM
I take your silence to be an admission that your safeties are the WORST in the NFL?

--AC

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 05:07 PM
Just thought I'd jump in and kiss a li'l Chiefs' a$$ for ya' BroncoFan ... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/redface.gif

I'd have to agree that Gonzo gets right back into Romo's face and I believe that both players respect each other for their level of play and dedication to the sport. Does Gonzo like Romo... probably not in a social setting. Who cares?

Should be a great game.

As for Denver's safteties being the worst in the league... get out of here with that nonsense. Eric Brown and Jenkins are good players, the defense as a whole has struggled at times. They'll be fine.

[This message has been edited by Mile High Mania (edited 09-21-2000).]

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:09 PM
Thanks AustinChief,

As soon as our tight ends start dropping passes, I will go to those sources to get my excuse.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:11 PM
Mile High,

You're kidding, right?

Denver will replace at least one if not BOTH of its safeties before the beginning of next season...my bet is that whichever one (or both) that gets replaced is either out of football or a THIRD stringer on another team.

--AC

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:12 PM
Mile High,

It is more fun if you take a side.

AustinChief
09-21-2000, 05:13 PM
AustinChief,

Or plays for the chiefs! Oh... you did say out of football.

CASHMAN
09-21-2000, 05:15 PM
BF ... believe what you wish.

Austin, Jenkins is new to the Broncos' scheme. As for Brown, I don't think he completely sucks.

Yes - there is a lot of room for improvement with the secondary, but I think we'll be fine for right now.

King_Chief_Fan
09-21-2000, 07:16 PM
MH, going to the game?

Chieffan
09-22-2000, 06:10 AM
I have this image in my mind. Early season rain/light snow storm hits Denver on a Sunday afternoon. Field muddy, wet and the Chiefs first 15 plays are run out of the 3 TE set with TR as the single back. The game is halted because they have to dig the safety(s) out of the turf. Then TG beats Romo on a fly route out of the set because Romo was choking on a diet pill.

[This message has been edited by Oxford (edited 09-22-2000).]

CASHMAN
09-22-2000, 06:21 AM
Stevieray ... I wish that I was going. I don't live in Colorado. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif<P>

htismaqe
09-22-2000, 06:25 AM
Romo's "dedication to the sport?"

You're kidding Bob Dole. Right?