PDA

View Full Version : What the hell must we do to fix the defense?

Red Dawg
12-17-2005, 09:24 PM
We changed the DC to a man we know has the fire and attitude but in his first year, not the players. We go out and spend a ton of cash, get very lucky in the draft for DJ, and we still suck!

WTF?

THe only place we have not made a big splash is on the line. Is our line really this pathedic?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Maybe teach them how to tackle? ROFL

Mecca
Get a head coach that isn't soft.......it rubs off on alot of the players.

Chiefs Pantalones
We lack playmakers on defense, period.

NJ Chief Fan
12-17-2005, 09:26 PM
the d line couldnt get a sack in a pee wee league

Rain Man
We need one or two studs on the defensive line.

The Sims, Siavii, Downing, and Freeman picks really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really, really, really really hurt us.

FringeNC
Fire Gun and Carl. Carl has had 4 years to lift us to mediocrity on D, and has failed miserably. Gun has had 2. Two too many.

Rain Man
12-17-2005, 09:27 PM
No, wait. Add one more "really" to that post.

tommykat
12-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Just go whorhing for guys. ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-17-2005, 09:28 PM
All we need is a defensive coordinator who doesn't have his head up his ass.

There are defenses in this league playing better football with less talent.

FringeNC
12-17-2005, 09:36 PM
All we need is a defensive coordinator who doesn't have his head up his ass.

There are defenses in this league playing better football with less talent.

I'm the biggest Gun basher on here, but Carl deserves a lot of responsibility, too. He went along with Gun's plan to upgrade the D with Bell.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm the biggest Gun basher on here, but Carl deserves a lot of responsibility, too. He went along with Gun's plan to upgrade the D with Bell.

Bell is being asked to do things that don't play to his strengths.

Imagine what your opinion would be of Trent Green if we asked him to run bootlegs all day and throw bombs.

FringeNC
12-17-2005, 09:43 PM

Imagine what your opinion would be of Trent Green if we asked him to run bootlegs all day and throw bombs.

Maybe. I don't really see what Bell brings to the table. Bell was just one example. Gun is incompetent, but so is Carl.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Maybe. I don't really see what Bell brings to the table. Bell was just one example. Gun is incompetent, but so is Carl.

Bell needs to rush the passer on passing downs. He needs to play the run on running downs.

He shouldn't be asked to cover people more than...oh I dunno, 15% of the time at the most.

chiefsfolife
12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
**** this commy site...chiefs planet sucks

cdcox
12-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Better decisions:

Hiring Vermeil.
Picking Greg Robinson.
Bringing back Gunther.
Keeping Gunita and Robinson's other coaches.
Investing huge $ in Warfield
Inversting hugh & in Woods and Wesley
Signing Lew Bush
Siging Holliday.
Drafting Sims with the 6th pick in the draft.
Drafting Freeman.
Drafting Slavil
Keeping Hicks.
Drafting Downing.
Signing Cardez.
Coverting Bartee to a corner.
Signing Dan Willaims
Cutting Harts (throwing Rain Man a bone)
Signing Bell

Mecca
12-17-2005, 09:50 PM
**** this commy site...chiefs planet sucks

i think I've seen this post on about every thread now........deja vu.

dirk digler
12-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Housecleaning is in order now.

12-17-2005, 09:54 PM

That is what I have been telling some Bell bashers too. They are not using him the same way Pitt did when he was healthy.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Learn to tackle correctly. Play contain. Do those two things it would make our defense alot better.

Switch Bell and Johnson. Bell would be better at the Blitzing aspect and Johnson better in coverage. And probally get a more complete DE.

ping2000
12-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I want the two fans that hold up the big "D" and the piece of fence to sit down and shut the f**K up at the next two games. They are wasting air.

KCFalcon59
12-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Cut Wesley
Cut McCleon
Cut Dalton
cut Hicks
Cut Bell
Cut Siavii
Fire Gun
Fire Vermiel
Fire the rest of the Defensive Coaches
Fire Carl

I think that would be a good start.

RedThat
12-17-2005, 10:07 PM
3 things we MUST do to make this defense at least decent enough to win games:

1. Need a better D-Line. We simply need to reconstruct this line, period!
No pressure whatsoever and pass rush. Keep Allen, and build around him!

2. Get some f*ck'n guys that can tackle! For f*ck sakes it's the same damn sh*t every year! How hard is it to teach your defense to tackle?!?!

3. We need more discipline on defense! I'm f*ck'n sick and tired of seeing this defense get sold on fakes, misdirection plays, and cutback runs. I can't figure it out whether that has to do with coaching or philosophy or players?

Mecca
12-17-2005, 10:14 PM
You know what Jared Allen is........he's Aaron Schobel. He's not a consistently good end. He'll have 1 great game, with multiple sacks so he'll finish the season with 10-13 sacks when he really only had 4-5 good games.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2005, 10:18 PM
TACKLE someone

Danush
12-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Different coaches, except maybe two or three....Gun (as LB coach) and Bob Karmelowicz. Another DT, DE, CB, and maybe a LB would also be good.

Eleazar
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
DT
DE
OLB
FS
CB
T
G
WR

Danush
12-17-2005, 10:32 PM
DT
DE
OLB
FS
CB
T
G
WR

Fox and Griffin are back next year at OLB. At corner, a nickle would probably suffice. I'm hoping Roaf is back for at least one more year. So that makes your list five....which could be manageable--between FA and the draft.

Chiefnj
12-17-2005, 10:38 PM
You start by playing as many 2nd and 3rd stringers as possible this week. See who wants to play. It's obvious the starters aren't willing to give 100%.

jspchief
12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Our players tackle like pussies. Until we actually learn to hit hard and wrap up, this team will always be capable of giving up those embarrassing long plays.

Our players are undisciplined. Until they stop over-pursuing and biting on misdirection, this team will always be exposed on those types of plays.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Its time to bring in a tough hard-nosed coach with a disciplined system. Let go of all the garbage underperforming players that should have been let go years ago:

Wesley
Woods
Bartee
Hicks
McCleon
Warfield
Sims
Browning
Just to name a few....

Pezman
12-17-2005, 11:40 PM
At least you've got young kids like DJ out there giving it their all right? This year's version of the defense is still pretty solid, and if the offense didnt have the early season stumble and some key injuries, I still think you'd be in contention. I think the defense will be fine by next year.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Our players are undisciplined. Until they stop over-pursuing and biting on misdirection, this team will always be exposed on those types of plays.

And ultimately the defensive coaches are responsible.

They don't teach them the proper technique and discipline.

I think we have plenty of talent here. (aside from the defensive tackles)

kcfanXIII
12-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Its time to bring in a tough hard-nosed coach with a disciplined system. Let go of all the garbage underperforming players that should have been let go years ago:

Wesley
Woods
Bartee
Hicks
McCleon
Warfield
Sims
Browning
Just to name a few....
all except sims and warfield. sims i beleive can perform, when healthy. and warfield dosen't have the same problems that mcleon has, being to small and slow to be man to man with most wrs it the nfl.
also, it would be a good idea to trash the 12 yard cushion our dbs are giving them off the line of scrimmage. i know warfield and surtain are not hasty and carter, but jesus, every ****ing play those wrs have 12 ****ing yards to make the cbs look retarded.
also, a defensive end that can actually beat a block. a dt would help, but a true pass rushing de is needed WAAAAAY more.
and last, give me a fs with some ****ing speed. and quit asking knight to cover those speedy slots he can't keep up with.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2005, 12:02 AM
all except sims and warfield. sims i beleive can perform, when healthy. and warfield dosen't have the same problems that mcleon has, being to small and slow to be man to man with most wrs it the nfl.

Ive seen nothing from Sims in 4 years that would warrent us resigning him?? Hes injury prone and cant collapse the pocket when hes healthy. He can be replaced by 50 other DT's in the league. Warfield plays well at times, but i would just prefer to get rid of all the "loser" attitudes of the past 4 -5 years.

kcfanXIII
12-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Ive seen nothing from Sims in 4 years that would warrent us resigning him?? Hes injury prone and cant collapse the pocket when hes healthy. He can be replaced by 50 other DT's in the league. Warfield plays well at times, but i would just prefer to get rid of all the "loser" attitudes of the past 4 -5 years.
nut the reality is, a total house cleaning would set us back, albeit not too much, can't fall too much further. its just not a realistic thing to hope for in football.