PDA

View Full Version : We're just not quite good enough.

Chris Meck
12-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Lost in all of the rage and dispair of another Chiefs loss is the fact that the other guys get paid to win, too.

And they're better than The Chiefs.

There will always be times when an offense struggles here and there; and there will be times when a defense struggles. Unfortunately, we've had years now of a dominant offense and a defense that just can't get it done.

The blame COULD go to Gunther and the defensive staff; his players often play without discipline. I don't think so, though. It's rare that on any of the big plays we so often give up that someone wasn't capable of stopping it. I really think that maybe some of these guys aren't smart enough to play NFL football. Some of the others are just not talented enough.

I think Kendrell Bell is a colossal flop. I think there's a reason Pittsburgh let him go. He looks like he has no idea where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to do. He's either dumb, or just not physically able.

I think it's time to end the Greg Wesley era in KC. Yes, he makes some big plays, but is strictly feast or famine. That's not something you can afford from your safeties, especially without an interior pass rush. I think it's clear that Wesley falls into the dumb category.

I think that maybe the jury is still out on Sims because he's been injured so much, but that it's clear he's no more than a decent quality player. He is not the disruptive force we'd hoped he'd be. I think Dalton is only really suited to spot duty, as is Browning. I think a stud DT is this offseason's MUST have-and yes I'm aware that we've wiffed on several tries. It's still one of the biggest weak spots on the squad, though, and must be addressed. I think these guys all fit more or less into the 'not physically able' category, save maybe Sims.

Eric Hicks must be replaced as the starting DE. He's neither fast enough to speed rush or strong enough to bull his way to the QB with any consistency. He does play the run well, and plays with heart, but that's not enough. He's a back-up quality player with back-up quality measureables.

For an attack-style defense to work, you must be able to control the line of scrimmage with your front 4. Your linebackers must be free to flow to the ball. The enemy QB must not have time to pick your secondary apart, and enemy runners must find linebackers waiting for them in any cutback lane. It all starts up front. Allen can stay (although he needs to improve on his containment discipline) and Sims can stay (for now) but Hicks and Dalton have gotta go.

Just my .02

Lurch
12-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Not "quite good enough"? Okay, we have our Mr. Obvious candidate for 2005.

Mecca
12-17-2005, 09:57 PM
The other teams are just better coached than we are......it really showed these last 2 games.

ping2000
12-17-2005, 09:58 PM
"Not quite good enough"? I wish you had graded all my term papers in college. Damn, you are too nice!!

Chiefnj
12-17-2005, 09:59 PM
What happens when KC loses their two starting OT's - the offense falls apart.

What happens when the Giants lose their starting tackles and they have to play KC - Tiki has a career day.

What happens when KC's defense is riddled with injuries - they get worse.

What happens when the Giants LB corps is decimated with injury - nothing, they can stop LJ on three straight runs in the redzone.

I'm sick and tired of teams playing backups in December and beating the piss out of the Chiefs.

the Talking Can
12-17-2005, 10:07 PM
What happens when KC loses their two starting OT's - the offense falls apart.

What happens when the Giants lose their starting tackles and they have to play KC - Tiki has a career day.

What happens when KC's defense is riddled with injuries - they get worse.

What happens when the Giants LB corps is decimated with injury - nothing, they can stop LJ on three straight runs in the redzone.

I'm sick and tired of teams playing backups in December and beating the piss out of the Chiefs.
:clap:

bravo...I'm sick of excuses

Danush
12-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Not quite good enough? A bit of an understatement, I'd say.