PDA

View Full Version : So if Pitt wins tomorrow...

G-MONEY
12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Are we eliminated? If not what does it take to get us eliminated from playoff contention besides us losing.

Anubis_Zyklon
12-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Personally, i dont know how the senarios work out but i really dont see the Chiefs winning another game. I thought the Cowboys game was the only one you had a chance of winning and that one went wide right on you. You guys had a gritty performance against the Giants but now your really behind the 8 ball.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2005, 11:44 PM
no, but pitt would have to lose to either detroit or cleveland. not gonna happen. it all comes down to tomorrow.

ChiefsFire
12-17-2005, 11:45 PM
the way i figured tonite,Chiefs haveta win the next two and as long as Pitt.loses one,Chiefs are in as 6 seed...
Correct me if im wrong please..

tk13
12-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Nah we wouldn't be eliminated. Even if Pitt won tomorrow, it would take both a Pitt win and a KC loss to eliminate us the next weekend.

If SD loses in Indy and Pitt loses at Minnesota tomorrow, we're back in control of our own destiny.

jspchief
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
YAY!

If we're lucky, some other teams can choke worse than the Chiefs and we can back into the play-offs! That would be sweet!

Straight, No Chaser
12-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Nah we wouldn't be eliminated. Even if Pitt won tomorrow, it would take both a Pitt win and a KC loss to eliminate us the next weekend.

If SD loses in Indy and Pitt loses at Minnesota tomorrow, we're back in control of our own destiny.

Yikes!?
Can THAT really be true? Haven't checked around tonite but if you're right it sure doesn't seem like we deserve another shot...

--->

sedated
12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
grandpa will just sh!t away another game.

we proved today that we have ZERO hope of beating a playoff team on the road (an NFC team, no less)

tk13
12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
the way i figured tonite,Chiefs haveta win the next two and as long as Pitt.loses one,Chiefs are in as 6 seed...
Correct me if im wrong please..
SD would also have to drop one more. They'd beat us in the common games tiebreaker for sure now. cdcox would have the official word, but I think we'd have a hard time winning any tiebreakers with SD now unless we both finished 9-7. And that would require Pittsburgh to lose 2 of 3.

sedated
12-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Yikes!?
Can THAT really be true?

oh, its true.

sedated
12-17-2005, 11:52 PM
SD would also have to drop one more.

yeah, to us.

ChiefsFire
12-17-2005, 11:52 PM
SD would also have to drop one more. They'd beat us in the common games tiebreaker for sure now. cdcox would have the official word, but I think we'd have a hard time winning any tiebreakers with SD now unless we both finished 9-7. And that would require Pittsburgh to lose 2 of 3.
thanks tk

so bottomline,just win...

let everything else square itslef away

cdcox
12-17-2005, 11:54 PM

Yup. Good job.

I'm setting the over/under for incorrect application of the tiebreaker rules at 25 this week (we've already hit two).

tk13
12-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Yikes!?
Can THAT really be true? Haven't checked around tonite but if you're right it sure doesn't seem like we deserve another shot...

--->
I know I'm right. If Indy and Minnesota continue their winning streaks and beat SD and Pittsburgh tomorrow, the Chiefs would be back in control of their own destiny.

After the way our D played today, I don't know how we're going to stop either offense coming up, but it really is not far fetched for the Chiefs to be back in control tomorrow. Considering the Colts are killing everybody and Pittsburgh has a poor record in domes, and Minnesota is hot anyway. As much as everybody talked up 12-4 and 11-5 in the wild card spot, it might be 10-6 or 9-7 that gets in at this point. Our schedule's brutal, SD's is brutal, and Pitt plays at Minnesota and at Cleveland the next two weeks... Minnesota is hot and Cleveland is playing much better under Crennel, they took both Jax and Cincy to the wire the last two weeks.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 12:18 AM
I want us to play @Cincinatti so our D can give up 600 yards and force zero punts.

That will force the hand in the offseason to make changes.