PDA

View Full Version : official New HEad Coach?

oaklandhater
12-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Keep DV or NEW coach

12-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Chucky

oaklandhater
12-18-2005, 01:52 AM
I dont think the Bucs are has stupid has oakland to let Gruden go.

12-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I dont think the Bucs are has stupid has oakland to let Gruden go.

WE can hope though. :banghead:

Too bad he already won a SB going against the Raiders. Coaching the Chiefs could have been an ultimate slap in the face to Al. It would still be a slap in the face though.

Abba-Dabba
12-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Ron Rivera

RedDread
12-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Jeff Fischer

Perhaps I should elaborate. Fischer has done more with less talent than we have ever had in his time with the Titans. His reputation is tarnished because they have had to field so many bad teams due to salary cap hell, but he is still a damn good coach and definitely the kind of personality this team needs.

It's obvious Gunther's "scream and berate" style isn't working and neither is Vermeil's "supportive latent homo-erotic father" approach.

12-18-2005, 03:23 AM
I actually like that idea. The question is, would Carl like it? I seriously doubt it. I don't think Tennessee is ready for him to go either.

Taco John
12-18-2005, 03:44 AM
I would be upset if you guys ended up with Mariucci. I'm not worried about that, as Carl is still the GM, and he'll probably do something completely stupid like promote Gunther or bring in Martz.

Herm Edwards wouldn't be such a bad selection for you guys.

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 07:51 AM
I would be upset if you guys ended up with Mariucci. I'm not worried about that, as Carl is still the GM, and he'll probably do something completely stupid like promote Gunther or bring in Martz.

Herm Edwards wouldn't be such a bad selection for you guys.

You got it half right. Carl definitely WOULD promote Gunther or bring in Martz.

Herm Edwards is a tool of mediocrity. Mostly he's just a tool. He'd be PERFECT here.

We're never gonna win anything in my lifetime.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Bad moves: Herm, Saunders, Martz, (All would keep the same lame ass defensive coaches since they are all from the same tree) Herm also hired Jimmy Raye and Paul Hacket. Enough said.

Good moves: A coach that brings in a decent staff. Guys who actually know how to COACH players and aren't 100 years old. Time for the Chiefs to find another coaching "tree". This one is rotten and DEAD.

Sully
12-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Jeff Fisher.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Jeff Fisher or Maruchi sounds good to me

Otter
12-18-2005, 10:14 AM
You got it half right. Carl definitely WOULD promote Gunther or bring in Martz.

If Carl promotes Gunther to HC I'm officially getting off this train wreck.

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
If Carl promotes Gunther to HC I'm officially getting off this train wreck.

Me too.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why ANYBODY would want Jeff Fisher. He's produced the same thing in Tennessee that we hate here - mediocrity.

Anubis_Zyklon
12-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Jeff Fischer

Perhaps I should elaborate. Fischer has done more with less talent than we have ever had in his time with the Titans. His reputation is tarnished because they have had to field so many bad teams due to salary cap hell, but he is still a damn good coach and definitely the kind of personality this team needs.

It's obvious Gunther's "scream and berate" style isn't working and neither is Vermeil's "supportive latent homo-erotic father" approach.

Great post, i think Fisher would do a great job in K.C. Right now the Titans are in a serious rebuilding mode but with a few upgrades here and there Jeff probably could get you guys to the promise land.

dilligaf
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Tim Lewis.

DTLB58
12-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Tim Lewis.

Holy crap, Someone else finally mentions this guys name. I wanted him to replace Grob instead of Gun and now this guy IS getting his name mentioned as a possible HC position.

Coogs
12-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Ron Rivera

:thumb:

This guy should be #1 on our list. Hopefully we don't let DV take a month or two to decide on weather or not he is comming back next season and miss out on Rivera.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 10:51 AM
They will spend 5 months "analyzing" film to dtermine their weaknesses. They will then all come back telling us how close they were and that they only need a couple of pieces. Same old crappola.

chiefsfaninNC
12-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Mike Shula. The guy is young, has NFL experience, and turned Bama around quickly.

dirk digler
12-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Mike Shula. The guy is young, has NFL experience, and turned Bama around quickly.

ROFL

I hope you are not serious.

ROFL

DTLB58
12-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Me too.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why ANYBODY would want Jeff Fisher. He's produced the same thing in Tennessee that we hate here - mediocrity.

He took the Titans FARTHER than anyone here has since 1970 and that was the Super Bowl. And they damn near beat the Rams (one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history) that day.

Not making a case for Fisher as HC just presenting the facts.

chiefsfaninNC
12-18-2005, 11:05 AM
ROFL

I hope you are not serious.

ROFL

Very serious. I am tired of recycling coaches. I want new blood, a different approach.

DTLB58
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
My picks, as stated on here before:

Kirk Ferentz
Jon Gruden

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2005, 11:10 AM
If I get a vote...I vote Rich Kotite

Bowser
12-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Me too.

Let me preface this by saying I really am not a Titans afficionado, but haven't they gone through three or four straight years of cap hell? And, Fisher may be going through a little of what Marty went through here at the end of his tenure. A new venue could do wonders for Fisher. And really, at this point, almost any new *CREDIBLE* name sounds good as a new HC.

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2005, 11:23 AM
I seriously think your're looking at Mike Martz

Bowser
12-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I seriously think your're looking at Mike Martz

Hope there is room at the Jaguars board if that happens.

luv
12-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm not about to name names on coaches. I'm not even going to begin to act like I know of any who should be considered candidates. I have seen several people say things about Saunders. While I would not be opposed to that choice, I have a question. Do head coaches have to be old? Does experiece and knowledge only come with age? We have good players, they just seem to lack motivation sometimes. Why not bring someone in who's a little younger. Older coaches, while good, tend to lack the enthusiasm and drive that younger coaches have. I know there's more to coaching than just that, but I think it's part of what this team needs, too.

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Think about it...you're CP...DV is rolling...you could get AS or MM. Both have some experience with your QB...but Martz has HC experience...

Abba-Dabba
12-18-2005, 11:30 AM

I don't understand it either. The love affair some have around here for Jeff Fisher is funny as hell. Ask them what he has done in Tennessee to make them a great team and they won't have a straight answer for you. It's mind boggling to me.

The only answer I have for it is that these fans have become so used to mediocrity that they can no longer tell the difference between good and bad.

Abba-Dabba
12-18-2005, 11:35 AM
He took the Titans FARTHER than anyone here has since 1970 and that was the Super Bowl. And they damn near beat the Rams (one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history) that day.

Not making a case for Fisher as HC just presenting the facts.

Bobby Ross took the Chargers to the SB with Stan Humphries @ QB. Using your logic a case could be made that he is qualified to replace the old fart we have now.

Hey, how many winning seasons has Fisher produced in Tenn?

chiefqueen
12-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Think about it...you're CP...DV is rolling...you could get AS or MM. Both have some experience with your QB...but Martz has HC experience...

Al Saunders was SD's HC in 1987 & '88.

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I would be upset if you guys ended up with Mariucci. I'm not worried about that, as Carl is still the GM, and he'll probably do something completely stupid like promote Gunther or bring in Martz.Mooch would be awesome.

As such, we have no shot at ever getting him.

CoMoChief
12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Jim Mora. Hey, at least the press conferences would be entertaining.

quiettiger
12-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't think it matters. I think this team is on the edge of tail spinning. One nasty punch to the gut and it's meltdown.

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Gruden or Mariucci. Neither will happen though.

JBucc
12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Gruden or Mariucci. Neither will happen though.
We'll probably end up with Jim Haslett or Don Capers

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2005, 12:15 PM
We'll probably end up with Jim Haslett or Don Capers

Sad yet true.

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I seriously think your're looking at Mike MartzHonest to God... if that happens, I am DONE.

NJ Chief Fan
12-18-2005, 01:07 PM
fisher or cower(sp) if we want mooch...we gotta get rid of carl...look at what happening in detroit cause of lack of gm

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2005, 01:55 PM
If CP doesn't promote Saunders to head coach, I think he'll go with Cam Cameron, the offensive coordinator of the Chargers. He's from the same coaching tree as Saunders (Coryell, Zampese, etc.), won several rings with the Cowboys and is done a great job with SD (Vermeil recommended him to Marty). He's also been a head coach at Indiana University (he had a losing record) and has obviously learned on the job.

Dane
~my 2 cents

Frankie
12-18-2005, 01:58 PM
AL SAUNDERS

Extra Point
12-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Saunders.

Spicy McHaggis
12-18-2005, 02:12 PM
In no particular order:

Fisher. Good defensive mind, has worked with Gun before and understands what it takes to build a winner.

Gruden, my hate for him was diminished greatly after he destroyed the Raiders in the SB.

Mike Singletary. The wild card of the group. Fairly new to the coaching scene I just can't shake the feeling he is going to be a heck of a HC someday. At least try to get him on staff as a Position/Assistant Coach.

jAZ
12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
My picks, as stated on here before:

Kirk Ferentz
I'd be OK with that.

istas
12-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I was thinking Ted Catrell of the Vikings but I kinda like Cam Cameron.
I've been impressed with the Chargers O. Here are some other D co-ordinators to consider as HC:

Greg Williams Skins
Wade Phillips Chargers
Dick Jaron Lions HC
Dick Labeau Steelers
Gun KC

I also would like to see Jeff Fisher but I'm not sure Tenn. will let him go.

quiettiger
12-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm not seeing any names that stick out or is a scary monster. I think Singletary is going to be a great HC one day. Sanders? I don't know.

Abba-Dabba
12-18-2005, 02:47 PM
:thumb:

This guy should be #1 on our list. Hopefully we don't let DV take a month or two to decide on weather or not he is comming back next season and miss out on Rivera.

Yep. He should be #1 on the list. I hope he is atleast.

I'll be pissed if DV hems and haws. MF'er shouldn't even be given the chance. CP just needs to tell him, thank you for trying, and that they are moving in a different direction. However, I don't see too much resistance from DV to move on. I willing to bet he is ready to leave KC as soon as the last second ticks away on the clock.

Here is some reading material for you...

Rivera might be too good for Bears to keep

[published on Wed, Dec 14, 2005]

The issue is not at the forefront of anybody's mind, and it will not be until the season ends.

At the same time, everyone in the organization has started to consider the possibility. Some started considering it a while ago.

Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera will be a prime head coaching candidate in the off-season after the performance of the Bears' defense this season. After only two seasons with the team he played for, a legitimate possibility exists he will leave.

There figure to be a half-dozen or more coaching vacancies this winter, and Rivera and Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Sherman have generated the most buzz among NFL assistants.

"It's not something I'm giving any thought to right now," Rivera said. "We've got a chance to accomplish a lot of things with the rest of this season. The focus week-to-week is so intense with what's going on right now, there's no time to let your mind wander and think about those kinds of things."

In addition to his two seasons running the Bears' defense – the top-ranked defense in the league this season – Rivera has the advantage of having coached with some of the NFL's most respected defensive minds.

Rivera spent five seasons as the linebackers coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, whose defensive coordinator is the highly regarded Jim Johnson. The Eagles' defense has been known in recent seasons for keeping teams off balance with exotic blitzes.

Since joining the Bears, Rivera has worked hand-in-hand with coach Lovie Smith, whose Cover-2 defense is viewed as one of the soundest systems in the league. It also worked for Smith's mentor, Tony Dungy, in Tampa Bay and Indianapolis.

Smith certainly would not stand in Rivera's way of taking a top job with some team. He benefited from the same promotion, getting hired by the Bears after working as defensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams.

"Right now, Ron's working to help us achieve our goals here," Smith said. "He's certainly qualified [to be a head coach], and we'd wish nothing but the best for him if he ever got that chance."

Smith put together the Bears' defensive system, but Rivera establishes the game plans and directs the players in conjunction with the position coaches. His departure would leave a void.

"I'd miss him," cornerback Charles Tillman said. "He puts us in a great position [during games]. At the same time, I'd want him to have a chance at [running] his own team. He deserves it."

By NICK HUT
nhut@nwherald.com

Bearcat
12-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Carl is still the GM, and he'll probably do something completely stupid like... bring in Martz.

I'm not the "true fan" I once was, but I still pay attention, make it to a game or two a year, and wear the gear. If that happens though, I will host a red & gold bonfire night.

but Martz has HC experience...

...and as long no one at 1 Arrowhead Drive has paid attention to the Rams since he was a coordinator...

cdcox
12-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I saw an article on Fox.com this week speculating that there could be as many as 11 head coaching vacancies this season. That is a lot of competition for the top coaches.

I'd consider Brian Billick as well about the only potentially available head coach that I could get excited about.

I'd be more interested in rolling the dice with an assistant.

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm not the "true fan" I once was, but I still pay attention, make it to a game or two a year, and wear the gear. If that happens though, I will host a red & gold bonfire night.

...and as long no one at 1 Arrowhead Drive has paid attention to the Rams since he was a coordinator...

He's the best choice...he would not have to move as far.:p

Frankie
12-18-2005, 03:20 PM
So far out of all the names mentioned, here are my choices in order:

1- Al Saunders (We have less wrong than people here are screaming about. There are some very good things that we can keep building around. A younger DV would still be great for us, but he may have gotten too soft.)

2- Cam Cameron (Would probably keep us up there offensively and would probably keep some of the 'O' coaches like Solari. Plus he may have observed and learned some of Marty's defensive mentality.)

3- Ron Rivera (Can't argue with the Bears' defensive success. But he is an offensive unknown and I don't want to go back to Marty-like days of offense.)

Bearcat
12-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Speaking of, I was looking on ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=29) and noticed we have the most sporadic ups/downs of any coach (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings?seasonYear=2005&seasonType=2&week=15). It's really fitting to see the week by week "Win = SB Bound! -- Loss = We're doomed!" mentality here corelate with the approval rating.

banyon
12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Stooooooooooops!

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 06:18 PM
"Yes" list:

Cam Cameron
Ron Rivera
Kirk Ferentz

"No" list:

Herm Edwards
Jeff Fisher
Any coach that would retain Gunther Cunningham

booger
12-18-2005, 06:23 PM
College Coaches: Ferentz, Stoops, Carrol, (not likely with CP still here and him supposedly wanting alot of personnel control) Karl Durell (probably only if he can't get any other minority interviews otherwise I don't think he is ready for the jump yet), Phillip Fulmer ( I wouldn't really care for him and he would be dumb to leave UT, but supposedly CP has had a good realtionship with him over the years especially when we went on a run drafting a few UT players. With all that, I would be suprised yet not shocked to see a Fulmer interview.

Current NFL Coaches: Cowher? I just don't see it. I would definatly say yes if something odd happened that could get him out of Pit.

Fisher- I'd be worried about the offense depending on the OC but he would be a good pickup for any team.

Edwards- Same with Fisher really. I think we could do alot worse. I'd also be a bit concerned with him taking over right after DV leaves in that they are quite a bit alike in certain ways.

Mariuci(fired of course)- This could be a good hire. I would hope he would leave the west coast offense out of it and just add to the offense we already have. Maybe promote Solari to OC. I really think he would need a strong DC as well.

Current OC or DC's-

Childress
Rivera- Seems like he could be a hot candidate
Bratkowsi (Bengals OC) I don't think he will get any serious looks yet
Cameron- hell, he might be taking over in SD if they don't make the playoffs. I just don't know enough about him.
Maurice Carthon Browns OC Longtime Parcells asst.- could be worth an interview based on his past with Parcells alone
Russ Grimm Steelers OL coach- Never been an OC but seems to be attracting interview the last couple years and his name is out there again this year.
Trogvac DC Panthers
Jerry Gray DC Bils

Assistants that may be available who could draw interest as positon coaches or possible coordinators:
Tim Krumrie DL Buffalo
Pepper Johnson DL New England
Mike Singletary Ass. HC and LB SF
Don Blackmon LB Bills
Everett Whithers DB Titans
Chuck Cecil Safties Titans
Brett Maxie DB Falcons- Probably not ready for a DC gig yet. Hasn't really been that long since he finished playing.
Winston Moss LB Saints- As a LB coach only.

Havn't really paid to much attention to the offensive assistants who might be available. Maybe a guy like Nolan Cromwell from Seattle for a OC candidate.

I guess offensively I'd like to see some continuity. Stick with LJ and the playaction and cut out the cuties shit were we outsmart ourselves.

I'd like to see coaches like Saxon and Solari stick around. Maybe Verduzco.

I really think Solari will be an attractive OC candidate for us If they new HC would like to keep some sort of the same Offense. While alot of it could be the talent of our OL, he really has been a big part of developing and game planning our running game. Before he came to KC he coached for Gene Stallings, Tom Laundry, and George Seifert, so he has been on other good staffs.

How about Ferentz as HC Solari as OC and Pepper Johnson, Singletary, or Tim Krumrie as DC?

I just want most all of this staff gone like most the rest of you.

We really need a total enema from CP on down, but that probably won't happen.

Bowser
12-18-2005, 06:23 PM
I was thinking Ted Catrell of the Vikings but I kinda like Cam Cameron.
I've been impressed with the Chargers O. Here are some other D co-ordinators to consider as HC:

Greg Williams Skins
Wade Phillips Chargers
Dick Jaron Lions HC
Dick Labeau Steelers
Gun KC

I also would like to see Jeff Fisher but I'm not sure Tenn. will let him go.

Everybody on this list has failed miserably as a head coach.

Baby Lee
12-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Me too.

So now coming within a foot of taking the SB to OT against the GSOT is mediocrity???

WTFOMGBBQ!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that you will never, ever, anywhere, any time, find satisfaction in the game of football.

tk13
12-18-2005, 06:40 PM
You all are going to regret this thread when we hire Butch Davis.

That said, I don't honestly see how anyone can say they want Cam Cameron and not put Al Saunders beside him on the list. I think they're both solid OC's, the difference being Cam Cameron's had a shred of defense to help him, and Al Saunders is more familiar with our personnel and probably more sick of watching our defense than anybody else on earth.

mac58
12-18-2005, 06:55 PM
keep DV.

Dayze
12-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Retaining DV, or bringing in a new HC will not matter so long as CP is still ultimately in charge of personnel decisions, and the scouting dept/player evaluating team (whatever they're called these days) is still in place.

Like the previous 8 years with CP (some would argue longer, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), CP and the Chiefs FO will be just active enough in the off season to dangle the perrenial carrot of hope/hype for the fan base.

The bottome line is, until CP is gone the Chiefs will continue to garner they yearly unwarranted hype year in, and year out.

Until then, we as fans can do nothing but continue to support our team on a weekly basis, realizing this FO is not as committed to winning as they claim. And by 'winning' I do not mean just the win loss record; I mean committed to getting to/ and advancing in the playoffs.

milkman
12-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Retaining DV, or bringing in a new HC will not matter so long as CP is still ultimately in charge of personnel decisions, and the scouting dept/player evaluating team (whatever they're called these days) is still in place.

Like the previous 8 years with CP (some would argue longer, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), CP and the Chiefs FO will be just active enough in the off season to dangle the perrenial carrot of hope/hype for the fan base.

The bottome line is, until CP is gone the Chiefs will continue to garner they yearly unwarranted hype year in, and year out.

Until then, we as fans can do nothing but continue to support our team on a weekly basis, realizing this FO is not as committed to winning as they claim. And by 'winning' I do not mean just the win loss record; I mean committed to getting to/ and advancing in the playoffs.

I just don't understand this logic.

When has Carl ever refused to make upgrades that the coaches have asked for?

Carl's problem isn't that he refuses to do what's needed, and to spend money on players, to get the Chiefs where they/we want to go.

His problem lies in coaching evaluation.

Fishpicker
12-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Jeff Fischer would be ideal. Is his HC job with Tennessee in serious jeopardy?

Dayze
12-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I just don't understand this logic.

When has Carl ever refused to make upgrades that the coaches have asked for?

Carl's problem isn't that he refuses to do what's needed, and to spend money on players, to get the Chiefs where they/we want to go.

His problem lies in coaching evaluation.

That's fair; I guess i should have phrased it differently; I think the next HC should be in charge of all player personnel decisions, etc. IMO CP should relinquish that control.

Agreed on the coaching eval part.

jjchieffan
12-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Al Saunders with Mike Martz as OC. Keep the system we have in place while the offense is still intact

Frankie
12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Stooooooooooops!
Noooooooooo!

jjchieffan
12-18-2005, 08:38 PM
I wonder how many of you would have fired Holmgren by now if you were GM of Seattle. I may get proved wrong in coming weeks, but it looks to me like the wait was worth it in his case. Sometimes we are just too impatient, and while we are hiring and firing, and pointing fingers. Seattle just might get a championship

ping2000
12-18-2005, 08:41 PM
I wonder how many of you would have fired Holmgren by now if you were GM of Seattle. I may get proved wrong in coming weeks, but it looks to me like the wait was worth it in his case. Sometimes we are just too impatient, and while we are hiring and firing, and pointing fingers. Seattle just might get a championship

Vermeil is how old? 93? He won't live long enough even if we are patient. Besides, have you heard his press conferences? Alzheimers.

Coogs
12-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Rivera all the way.

I just love watching the Bears defense play. Players stay home and make plays. Pressure from the front four while doing this too. These guys are diciplined and love to hit.

Eleazar
12-18-2005, 09:24 PM
If we bring in Martz...

well, I can't stop being a fan. Maybe suicide would be the best option.

Frankie
12-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Vermeil is how old? 93? He won't live long enough even if we are patient. Besides, have you heard his press conferences? Alzheimers.I think he meant the system. Not necessarily the HC. I agree with keeping the system (Saunders) and rejuvinating the roster.

Mark M
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
To be honest, it won't mean dick who's the head coach if we keep Peterson and the crop of useless scouts we have now.

IMHO, this team just needs to start over from top to bottom. And with Clark now running the team, it just might happen. He should bring in his own guy and just start over.

Trade the players of value (except for LJ) to stockpile picks, cut the dead weight (i.e. Bell, Wesley, et al) and go from there.

Sure, it'd be painful for a while, but the band-aid approach KC's been using for the last decade or so sure as hell ain't working.

MM
~~:shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 11:29 PM
"Yes" list:

Cam Cameron
Ron Rivera
Kirk Ferentz

"No" list:

Herm Edwards
Jeff Fisher
Any coach that would retain Gunther Cunningham

I'm in your camp. And I dig Cam Cameron big time.

Abba-Dabba
12-19-2005, 05:47 AM
a small snippet on Rivera from today...

Why are NFL owners beginning to sniff around about Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera as a head coaching candidate? Many reasons. Even though Lovie Smith has a defensive background, he entrusts Rivera to call all the defenses, and Rivera has done an excellent job.

Rivera is a wonderful leader and communicator and a people person. Players respect him. Rivera has the pedigree, having played for the 1985 Bears, one of the greatest Super Bowl champions. He has learned from great minds such as Andy Reid, Jim Johnson and Buddy Ryan.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-19-2005, 06:28 AM
other possibilities
Jimmy Johnson
Dennis Green
Monte Kiffin
Dave Mcginnis
Rich Scanlon

okay, I just wanted to post the last one

ILChief
12-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Ron Rivera or Bob Stoops

Braincase
12-19-2005, 06:44 AM
If we go young, why not give a young guy his first shot at HC... Sean Payton?

phxchief
12-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Here's one for you: a coach with some balls.

Instead of seeing press conferences the day after losses with a whining tear-machine, i'd love to see a coach with some passion who's not afraid to tell it how it is and grill his team.

I can't be the only one who's sick of "we're fortunate, we're not fortunate", "he's an ascending player", "we're getting better...", "they're a great bunch of kids"... and all the other embarrassing quotes from Vermeil that I ignorantly forget.

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 08:50 AM
So now coming within a foot of taking the SB to OT against the GSOT is mediocrity???

WTFOMGBBQ!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that you will never, ever, anywhere, any time, find satisfaction in the game of football.

First, I'm 100% convinced we need FRESH blood in here. That automatically precludes Jeff Fisher. It has nothing to do with his resume.

Second, Dick Vermeil WON that Super Bowl. We've been told for 5 years that it was "luck", "lightning in a bottle", etc. Whether or not it was, he hasn't won dick here. Why would Fisher be different?

I find GREAT satisfaction in the game of football, I happen to root for a college team that "gets it". Unfortunately, the NFL team I root for doesn't "get it".

I'd be perfectly happy with a number of coaches, including Trgovac, Cameron, Rivera, Ferentz, and several others.

My "don't want" list is ONE TENTH the size of my "want" list.

ChiTown
12-19-2005, 08:54 AM
To be honest, it won't mean dick who's the head coach if we keep Peterson and the crop of useless scouts we have now.

IMHO, this team just needs to start over from top to bottom. And with Clark now running the team, it just might happen. He should bring in his own guy and just start over.

Trade the players of value (except for LJ) to stockpile picks, cut the dead weight (i.e. Bell, Wesley, et al) and go from there.

Sure, it'd be painful for a while, but the band-aid approach KC's been using for the last decade or so sure as hell ain't working.

MM
~~:shrug:

:clap:

My sentiments exactly.

You want to have a legit shot at the playoffs, you have to get rid of the playoff killer himself: CP

Fuk him and his fuking 5 year plan

Simply Red
12-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Snoop-Dog!!!

chasedude
12-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Forshizzle my dizzle!

StcChief
12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Fischer agreed did alot with little talent for Titans
should have one that SB.

Brock
12-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Fischer agreed did alot with little talent for Titans
should have one that SB.

Little talent? He had pro bowl talent all over that team.