PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the rest of the year

RedDread
12-18-2005, 03:23 AM
The Chiefs will win their remaining two games and lift our fans spirits up before brutally crushing them once again as we are eliminated by a Pittsburgh win in week 17.

8-8 for 3rd place schedule and a higher draft choice

TANK TANK TANK

tk13
12-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Eh, you gotta watch that. Our "3rd place schedule" this year landed us Cincinnati the last week of the season. Plus, honestly, at this point we're going to be drafting mid-first round anyway. I'd rather just try to get in the playoffs and take our chances, even though we have trouble on the road. Worst case scenario would probably be that we played Cincy then Indy anyway, it'd just be a shootout, see what happens.

Taco John
12-18-2005, 03:45 AM
You guys can still go 10-6 and get a bye. Get a frickin' grip.

RedDread
12-18-2005, 03:53 AM

If you're talking about a bye week then no that's out of the question. We've been mathematically eliminated from anything but a WC spot at this point.

My point was that it would only be fitting for this team to lift its fans' spirits one more time before we get to start prepping for April.

It's been our M.O. this season.

Taco John
12-18-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm sorry... Lack of sleep brain fry... I meant to say "wild card spot" in place of "bye."

Taco John
12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
FWIW, your next two games, both of them homegames, are TOTALLY winnable.

tk13
12-18-2005, 04:02 AM
I honestly think we have a shot still. Not sure how good of a shot, but we still play pretty good at home. If it wasn't for that one horrific half against Philly we'd be undefeated at Arrowhead.

I think these two losses have been brutal though... just the way we lost them, they were both so winnable and we just threw away so many opportunities when one of them could've changed a whole game. I don't think the '03 playoff loss was as painful as these last two, I know I was more pissed off after today's loss than I was then.

I can understand why everybody's so frustrated at these choke jobs... I'm still kinda bummed, but after calming down and thinking about it for a bit, at this point, even if we backed in, there will be no pressure, we won't be expected to win squat, we can't choke anything away, so what the heck, let'er ride. I'd rather be in the game than on the sideline.

RedDread
12-18-2005, 04:04 AM
FWIW, your next two games, both of them homegames, are TOTALLY winnable.

Yep, and I think we will win them, but I don't think we're going to be lucky enough to get some enough Kindness from Pittsburgh to make it.

It's okay Taco, I forgive you :huh:

tomahawk kid
12-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes, I too am disappointed that the Chiefs laid down in a game that will probably determine their playoff future. Yes, I'm disappointed that I'm 27 years old and have only seen the Chiefs win something like 3-4 playoff games in my lifetime. But, I'm not going to give up my season tickets or become a Colts fan etc. Why?

I'm always disgusted when the Chiefs lose, but not usually surprised.

The 1990's teams invariably had a glaring weakness that was NOT be addressed (lack of true wide receivers, QB etc.). You can either attribute this to Marty's arrogance, Carl's tight pockets et all. Either way, all those teams started out seasons with one arm tied behind their collective backs.

Dick Vermiel's teams have been soft. All of them. He made his Superbowl run in 1999 with a schedule that would make Bill Snyder blush and the same can be said for the 2003 Chiefs. If you get his teams in big games, particularly on the road, they will pee down their legs.

You could see it happening again last night.

Gunther was brought in to bring a fascade of "toughness", but all he's done is make an a$$ of himself in 2 seasons. The DB's still play 60 yards off the ball and his blitzes are telegraphed and predictable. I think it's pretty clear that his fabled defenses in the 90's had more to due with outstanding talent than his schemes.

Al Saunders, for all his supposed "genious" will make boneheaded calls in critical situations. His refusal to run the ball until the opponent stops them is beyond me. To a degree, he can take his "greatest show on turf" and shove it up his posterior. While putting up some gaudy numbers, it hasn't brought any Superbowls to KC.

No, this team needs an enema. They need a coach who can gameplan, manage the clock and give guys a swift kick in the ass when needed. The complete lack of discipline in this team is evident and I, personally am ready for a change. It's obvious to me that we're not going to win anything significant under this coach or his philosophy.

Here's to bracing for the pain of yet another rebuilding effort. Rest assured I'll still be here, hoping for the best and praying that one day this city and it's fans will get a Lombardi trophy we all deserve.

damnwhataseason
12-18-2005, 09:21 AM
I am a Raider fan and our season ended long ago, The Cheats have to be the unluckiest SOB's in the history of the NFL, yea it sucks to be as bad as we are, but we get a goood draft pick, the Raider s are either real good or real bad, the Cheats have to wait every year to the last of the season to get that knife twisted in them as usual.... sad part is, I have no idea why that is, Your team is good, and I wish the Raider s had the offensive power that the Cheats have.... I think it's a Cheats curse or something.... oh well, what the hell... enjoy Golf season and maybe some of your guys can play some of our guys 18 holes over a case of bud.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1986/lemmings10mx.jpg

Bowser
12-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I am a Raider fan and our season ended long ago, The Cheats have to be the unluckiest SOB's in the history of the NFL, yea it sucks to be as bad as we are, but we get a goood draft pick, the Raider s are either real good or real bad, the Cheats have to wait every year to the last of the season to get that knife twisted in them as usual.... sad part is, I have no idea why that is, Your team is good, and I wish the Raider s had the offensive power that the Cheats have.... I think it's a Cheats curse or something.... oh well, what the hell... enjoy Golf season and maybe some of your guys can play some of our guys 18 holes over a case of bud.

Sadly, that pic sums it all up....

ROFL

the Talking Can
12-18-2005, 09:48 AM

holy shit that is funny

siberian khatru
12-18-2005, 11:03 AM

That's not funny, it's just brutally true.

:D

Chris Meck
12-18-2005, 01:42 PM
my prediction?

we're gonna get lit up, both weeks. 8-8.

the defense just continues it's unraveling; LT gets 200 yds. next week and Palmer just shreds us in the last game.

Sorry, we're just not quite good enough to hang with the good teams. We have too many dumb players who are fundamentally unsound.

Chris