PDA

View Full Version : Career Day _efense masks yet another...

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 07:31 AM
horrible outing by the offense.

Dropped passes, miscues, penalties. Larry Johnson can't win games all by himself.

And yes, we all know about the thing that shall not be mentioned. How about the alleged #1 offense in the NFL give them some help by scoring some points early in the game?

old_geezer
12-18-2005, 08:15 AM
There is no way to mask the fact that this is one of the worst (if not the worst) coached teams in the NFL. They are soft - just like their head coach. They have the worst defensive gameplaning (if you can actually call it planning) in the NFL. Gunther can certainly get mad and yell, but he can't hide a blitz or stop a receiver to save his life. Hell; the DB's play so far off of the receivers, they're in different zip codes.

Put me down for a complete housecleaning. I'm tired of soft warm and fuzzy Vermeil and loud empty promises Cunningham.

wolfpack0735
12-18-2005, 08:26 AM
LJ cant block. until he learns to block he`ll never be a top back. as soon as he goes out the defense knows the chiefs will pass,thats bad.

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 08:32 AM
LJ cant block. until he learns to block he`ll never be a top back. as soon as he goes out the defense knows the chiefs will pass,thats bad.

WHAT?!?!

How many sacks did the vaunted Giants DE's have? Exactly.

It DOES NOT matter if LJ can block, it wouldn't have changed a damn thing yesterday. Repeated and stupid penalties, combined with WR's who can't catch...yeah, that's LJ's fault. :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
12-18-2005, 08:38 AM
We should have lost by 30. McCleon covering the 6'5" Burress? C'mon. Eli's sucking is all that kept it close. Our _efense is even worse than the score showed.

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 08:40 AM
We should have lost by 30. McCleon covering the 6'5" Burress? C'mon. Eli's sucking is all that kept it close. Our _efense is even worse than the score showed.

After the first series, our defense made adjustments in the passing game that at least kept them from marching right down the field.

If the offense scores a TD on one of it's first two possessions, Tiki never gets 200+, period.

Skip Towne
12-18-2005, 08:46 AM
After the first series, our defense made adjustments in the passing game that at least kept them from marching right down the field.

If the offense scores a TD on one of it's first two possessions, Tiki never gets 200+, period.
Tiki's first 12 carries got him 28 yards. Then they started that cutback shit. I really thought Gun was a better coach than he has turned out to be.

the Talking Can
12-18-2005, 08:51 AM
There WRs were wide open all game long. Thankfully, Manning sucks.

Yes, the offense failed. And the defense has failed for 4 straight years.

It doesn't matter now. It was all a waste of time.

We have to start over. And we have nothing to show for it. Nothing.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Goon is a stubborn SOB. His effense cannot and never will stop cutback runs, reverses, or bootlegs. I repeat NEVER. His scheme is easily neutralized. With 4-5 PRO BOWLERS his defense may get into the top 15, just due to athletic ability to recover from being out of position. His lame ass needs to be FIRED.

morphius
12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
There WRs were wide open all game long. Thankfully, Manning sucks.

Yes, the offense failed. And the defense has failed for 4 straight years.

It doesn't matter now. It was all a waste of time.

We have to start over. And we have nothing to show for it. Nothing.
How many times was MCcleon on thei best wr? It was nuts.

chagrin
12-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Dropped passes, failed screen attempts, no pressure on Eli, failed open field tackling....these are the reasons we lost. The reason? Personnel and coaching. It's time to give the CHIEFS coaching staff an enema, clean them all out and don't take a chance with a retread suckass like Gregg Williams.

Find someone with good head coaching experience (good luck) and take one last chance with our aging vets. Start drafting with WR and don't stop until you have replaced our CB's, LB's (DJ not included here)...If you want Gregg Williams, bring him in as D coordinator. I am still feeling the anger most of you are too. But it's obvious to me that the main positions are WR, CB D-line and LB and better D-coaching in the open field tackling...

Of course, SD needs to lose and we can still beat them IF WE PLAY ANGRY TOO!

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Tiki's first 12 carries got him 28 yards. Then they started that cutback shit. I really thought Gun was a better coach than he has turned out to be.

The point is, if our alleged #1 offense in the NFL does it's job, Tiki never gets carries 13 through 29. He can't get 200 yards if he's not carrying the ball.

Kclee
12-18-2005, 10:32 AM
The point is, if our alleged #1 offense in the NFL does it's job, Tiki never gets carries 13 through 29. He can't get 200 yards if he's not carrying the ball.

Yep, the D held the Giants scoreless until 3 minutes before half. That's when Tiki ran the 41 yard TD. Then the D gave up for some reason. But those 15 yard late hit penaltys kind of took some of the fire away from the D.

DTLB58
12-18-2005, 10:33 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131503

htismaqe
12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I agree with you 58.

The team needs a top-down housecleaning...

Deberg_1990
12-18-2005, 11:38 AM
The team needs a top-down housecleaning...

I concur. Id like to announce the next Head Coach of the KC Chiefs:

Herman Edwards. He brings years of playoff experience to the table. In order to maintain "Continuity" within the organization, he will continue to employ Al Saunders as his offensive Coordinator.

Love,

Carl Peterson