PDA

View Full Version : Are you renewing your season tickets?

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 08:48 AM
It seems that many people vent on here that they are not renewing their season tickets and then in the spring they renew the tickets.

Got my season ticket renewal in the mail on Saturday. Ironic. Season ticket renewal benefits? first chance at the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead? Thats the best you can come up with King Carl.

So what say you?

I'm going to renew. They are my team. Win or lose. Embrass the city and you fans for the upteenth time? No problem. I will still give you $2.3K next year King Carl. I feel like a crack addict that can't stop.:banghead:

ping2000
12-18-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm keeping mine. I've watched these late season meltdowns like a masochistic retard in the same seats since 1989. Since I pay my money, it gives me the right to bitch louder. You all can give me sh*t, because I know that if I didn't renew that would be the year they went all the way.

Bowser
12-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm keeping mine. I've watched these late season meltdowns like a masochistic retard in the same seats since 1989. Since I pay my money, it gives me the right to bitch louder. You all can give me sh*t, because I know that if I didn't renew that would be the year they went all the way.

Then don't renew.

:D

ping2000
12-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Must renew. Masochistic retard remember?

Skip Towne
12-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Yep. I had season tickets in the late 80's. Great seats. My seasonticket # was 13, XXX. I gave up and Marty showed up the next year. I could have sold those for a profit for 10 years.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm even dumber. I don't even sell my tickets to the Denver games where I could pay for the whole season. I am truly into pain.

Dartgod
12-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Probably not. I'll still watch and go to an occasional game, but I'm done supporting Carl Peterson. The f*cker needs to go.

KCFalcon59
12-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Haven't decided yet. I will wait and see what happens after the season. If there are no changes I will probably not renew.

tomahawk kid
12-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Am I the only one here that realizes if we win the next two weeks, we're in?

Dartgod
12-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Am I the only one here that realizes if we win the next two weeks, we're in?I don't think that's automatic. I think we need some help, like Indy to beat SD today or the Vikes to beat the Steelers....or both.

We had a chance to prove we're a playoff team by winning just one of these two tough road games. We laid an egg in both of them. F*ck that, this team does not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Bowser
12-18-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't think that's automatic. I think we need some help, like Indy to beat SD today or the Vikes to beat the Steelers....or both.

Both, then I think the Steelers have to lose one more. I don't remember their schedule off the top of my head, but I think it's pretty creampuff.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I hope they win their last two games too, but damn, you have to be realistic. Do you think the Chiefs could beat ANYBODY on the road with that defense? The only thing they have consistently shown is that they CHOKE in big games, especially on the road. Today I am going to be pissed and slam them like they deserve. I might cut them slack later, but right now they deserve a butt reaming. They cut our hearts out every damn year.

morphius
12-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I don't think that's automatic. I think we need some help, like Indy to beat SD today or the Vikes to beat the Steelers....or both.

We had a chance to prove we're a playoff team by winning just one of these two tough road games. We laid an egg in both of them. F*ck that, this team does not deserve to be in the playoffs.
Actually all we need is for the steelers to lose a game if we win out.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 09:33 AM
The SD game is meaningless. If we win our last two games we hold the tie breaker over them.

Pitt has to lose one game and we win our last two games for us to get in.

But so what? Does anyone think we can go on the road and get a playoff win?

Bowser
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM

I do.

Yeah, ok. No I don't.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I do.Yeah, ok. No I don't.

I have your cooler from the last tailgate. You coming to the next game?

ping2000
12-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Anyone know where I can score some lumps of coal to mail to these jagoffs? Santa hates their lame asses too.

morphius
12-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I refuse to renew something I don't already have.

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 09:48 AM
I think you know my answer,if not you can read about it here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131537

Saulbadguy
12-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes.

morphius
12-18-2005, 09:56 AM
I think you know my answer,if not you can read about it here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131537
With your home setup it is going to be easy to stay home. Especially with the amount you have to spend on that system.

SCTrojan
12-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Count me as one of the masochistic retards who will renew. Hey, if I'm at the games, at least I can't destroy my TV like I've almost done the last two weeks.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 10:01 AM
With your home setup it is going to be easy to stay home. Especially with the amount you have to spend on that system.

I'm really happy with my new 52 in High definition TV to watch the Chiefs on but I love gameday.

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 10:04 AM

I know I'm going to miss Arrowhead,especially the tailgating but we've already discussed what we'll be able to do here on a weekly basis at a fraction of what we drop lining Carl and Lamar's pockets.

wazu
12-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Yes. I'll continue to go to four or so games a year, sell most of the others for face value, lose hundreds on ridiculously priced pre-season games.

And next year, when we bring in an even bigger jackass than Vermeil, I'll somehow delude myself once again that we are "dangerous".

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I know I'm going to miss Arrowhead,especially the tailgating but we've already discussed what we'll be able to do here on a weekly basis at a fraction of what we drop lining Carl and Lamar's pockets.

There could be blackouts next year. You have Direct TV?

shaneo69
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
After 17 years of this sh*t, I'm done. Finally taking Titus' advice and getting the f*ck out. Hopefully a lot more season ticket holders will do the same and give Lamar a message. I'm sure there will be tickets available in 3 years if I miss it, but I doubt I'll miss it.

I just bought baseball Cardinals season tickets for the inaugural season at their new stadium, and that gave me the excuse to not pay the $720 to renew my Chiefs tickets.

And I plan to make roadtrips to various college games next fall to make up for the lost tailgating at Arrowhead.

If anyone's excited about the prospects of Herm Edwards, Al Saunders, or Gregg Williams coaching the Chiefs, there will be 3 seats available in section 323, row 27 next year.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 10:29 AM
After 17 years of this sh*t, I'm done. Finally taking Titus' advice and getting the f*ck out.there will be 3 seats available in section 323, row 27 next year.

After 17 years thats the best seats you could get?

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
There could be blackouts next year. You have Direct TV?

Yes and I'm out of the blackout zone.

shaneo69
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM

You can't get better seats than that. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 10:39 AM

I'm not trying to be an ass here,however,based on numerous posts of yours I've read I think you put a way too much emphasis on sitting in the lower bowl.

Personally,over the years I've sat in 3 different areas in the lower bowl and you can have them,I'll take my upper Nzone anyday.Again,if it's good for you and you enjoy it I'm happy for you,just keep in mind that some of us prefer sitting in the upper level.

KC Jones
12-18-2005, 10:44 AM

Exactly, if this team somehow backs into a playoff spot it will just lose in the first round.

Bob Dole
12-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Bob Dole doesn't have season tickets, but Bob Dole sure isn't going to go to the trouble to go to next week's game.

Mitch Holthus was on the postgame show imploring the fans to show up for the next two games.

Hey Mitch. We've been showing up for the past 15 years. Too bad we can't say the same for this sorry team.

BigRedChief
12-18-2005, 10:49 AM
You can't get better seats than that. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I sat in section 324 for 4 years. Right below the TV cameras. Great seats. I guess I just prefer the lower bowl. To each his own.

JBucc
12-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Don't have them don't plan on getting them anytime soon

stevieray
12-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Probably not. I'll still watch and go to an occasional game, but I'm done supporting Carl Peterson. The f*cker needs to go.

What about Dan?

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 10:54 AM
To each his own.

Thank you

NFL16
12-18-2005, 10:55 AM
www.seatdata.com

Bwana
12-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't have season tickets, but up until last year, I would fly out for a game or two with my wife or brother. I told my wife last year that until Lamar puts something on the field that is worth spending the kind of money it takes to fly out there, pay for hotel expenses and eat several meals, I'm done.

redfan
12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
It is going to be very difficult to mail that check this time around. The fact that I'm even debating to not renew speaks volumes about how I feel about this team. In times past, there never woulda been a debate; now I'm not so sure.
Crap, I'll prolly renew. :banghead:

kc hopeful
12-18-2005, 11:30 AM
The SD game is meaningless. If we win our last two games we hold the tie breaker over them.

Pitt has to lose one game and we win our last two games for us to get in.

In Cincy-maybe.

Nzoner
12-18-2005, 11:32 AM
It is going to be very difficult to mail that check this time around. The fact that I'm even debating to not renew speaks volumes about how I feel about this team. In times past, there never woulda been a debate; now I'm not so sure.
Crap, I'll prolly renew. :banghead:

Just send me $160(8 games at $20 each,I'm not even charging you for pre-season or parking)and come up to the gameroom for each home game.That will take care of all you can eat and drink plus you can watch all the games. :D

Dartgod
12-18-2005, 11:57 AM
What about Dan?
Yeah, it sucks for him, but the tickets are in our name. We would probably offer the seats to Dan or someone else and then transfer the rights rather than just letting them expire.

This decision is not set in stone yet, but the hammer and chisel are in my hands.

chiefqueen
12-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I'll renew.........the first year I didn't would be the year KC would finally host an AFC title game.

kansascityguy
12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
I cheer for all losers though, between our KC franchises and my MU Tigers, I have never seen anything won in 20 years.

jspchief
12-18-2005, 12:09 PM
My Aunt and Uncle have the actual renewal rights, so it's not my choice.

But I may take a year off. The expense, the heartbreak... sometimes it's just not worth it.

stevieray
12-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it sucks for him, but the tickets are in our name. We would probably offer the seats to Dan or someone else and then transfer the rights rather than just letting them expire.

This decision is not set in stone yet, but the hammer and chisel are in my hands.

wow. I say wow because I know how much you love the team..keep me posted.

Paniero
12-18-2005, 12:44 PM
If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take them. I've only got to see two games against the Seahawks, and was so high up that I was able to swing at airplanes passing by.

I felt like King Kong defending my seat.

KcMizzou
12-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I'll renew.........the first year I didn't would be the year KC would finally host an AFC title game.Then give the damned things up already. Take one for the take team, sheesh.

Demonpenz
12-18-2005, 01:23 PM
you should give up your posting rights too. **** off ****er

Saulbadguy
12-18-2005, 02:57 PM
It is quite foolish not to renew, especially if you have rights in the lower bowl. Renew, and sell em on ebay. You will get lots of money.

Or, sell the tickets+rights. It would be retarded to just let them go up for grabs when you can make $$$.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 08:22 AM
It is quite foolish not to renew, especially if you have rights in the lower bowl. Renew, and sell em on ebay. You will get lots of money.

Or, sell the tickets+rights. It would be retarded to just let them go up for grabs when you can make $$$.

I don't think you will get any money for "rights" to tickets this year. As it is always the market (supply and demand) dictates the price. I forsee too many people giving up their tickets and the market will be flooded with people trying to make money off their seat "rights" and no one will make any money giving up their season tickets.

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 08:31 AM
wow. I say wow because I know how much you love the team..keep me posted.
It's more a monetary decision more than anything else. I can handle the Chiefs being such a disappointment. But its getting harder and harder to justify spending $200+ per game (tickets+parking+concessions), when there are other things we can do with that money, like vacations, shit for the house, etc. We still haven't decided for sure though.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 08:36 AM
It's more a monetary decision more than anything else. I can handle the Chiefs being such a disappointment. But its getting harder and harder to justify spending $200+ per game (tickets+parking+concessions), when there are other things we can do with that money, like vacations, shit for the house, etc. We still haven't decided for sure though.

No kidding.

We will spend $2.3K for season tickets next year. I just bought a 52 in High def TV for less than that. I think I spent less than that for a 14 day vacation to southern Calfornia and Mexico last year. Makes you think :hmmm:

stevieray
12-19-2005, 08:40 AM

I hear ya.

This is the one thing I give myself, and I've got lots of years to make up.

I'm going to enjoy the Arrowhead experience while I can.

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 08:42 AM
I hear ya.

This is the one thing I give myself, and I've got lots of years to make up.

I'm going to enjoy the Arrowhead experience while I can.
Just because I'm considering not renewing doesn't mean I won't go to games. But I won't be paying $75 a seat for meaningless preseason games. I can always pick up tickets for face or below at the stadium.

stevieray
12-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Just because I'm considering not renewing doesn't mean I won't go to games. But I won't be paying $75 a seat for meaningless preseason games. I can always pick up tickets for face or below at the stadium.

remember my first year back?

I made every game and only paid face value once.

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 08:49 AM
remember my first year back?

I made every game and only paid face value once.Yep.

I gotta tell you though, this decision is really tearing me up. I know what I want to do...and that's to not renew. But I've been going to games and tailgating since 1989. During that time I'e probably only missed 3 regular season/post-season games and only a handful of pre-season games. It is going to be VERY hard to let that go.

Soph feels pretty much the same way.

Joe Seahawk
12-19-2005, 08:58 AM
So, if I go there for next years Seahawks game, the famous tailgate party wont be happening? :banghead:

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Yep.

I gotta tell you though, this decision is really tearing me up. I know what I want to do...and that's to not renew. But I've been going to games and tailgating since 1989. During that time I'e probably only missed 3 regular season/post-season games and only a handful of pre-season games. It is going to be VERY hard to let that go.

Soph feels pretty much the same way.

They will have a great home. The tickets will be looked after with great care.:arrow:

Just kidding. I know its difficult. If I wouldn't have got this new job last year I wouldn't be renewing. Getting harder and harder to justify it as entertainment when the cost is nearing $3k for the year.

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 09:05 AM
They will have a great home. The tickets will be looked after with great care.:arrow:

Just kidding. I know its difficult. If I wouldn't have got this new job last year I wouldn't be renewing. Getting harder and harder to justify it as entertainment when the cost is nearing $3k for the year.
I'll have to KC Dan first dibs on them.

We've also discussed keeping them and splitting the season with someone so we don't lose the rights.

teedubya
12-19-2005, 09:08 AM
wow, sounds like a whole bunch of Real KC Fans are turning in their "real" cards.

joesomebody
12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
I'd love to attend more games, though I have only attended 2 games, both pre-season, those are some great times.

I thought it was a good season, even though every time we lose I'm pissed off for a week. This one was actually easier than any so far this year. I can watch the rest of the season without worrying if we win or not, I can simply enjoy the great plays and ignore the crap ones.

I'm not sure what more the team needs this off season... the whole team isn't clicking right now, just when I thought we had it all together, we lay an egg like that.

I'm usually completely against new coaches, as I feel that too often a coach has unrealistic expectations placed upon them and is never given time to get it all together. Vermeil has had his chances though, luckily he can honestly retire, and we don't have to force him to retire.

Saulbadguy
12-19-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't think you will get any money for "rights" to tickets this year. As it is always the market (supply and demand) dictates the price. I forsee too many people giving up their tickets and the market will be flooded with people trying to make money off their seat "rights" and no one will make any money giving up their season tickets.
There is always a market on ebay. Always.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 09:45 AM
There is always a market on ebay. Always.

There will not be a market for "rights" to tickets. No one is going to be paying thousands of $'s for just the rights to lower bowl or club seats this off season.

Agreed, Individual game seats will always be on the market on Ebay.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 09:48 AM

We've also discussed keeping them and splitting the season with someone so we don't lose the rights.

Yeah I know. There will be other oppertunites for me to get a little closer to the field this off season. I'm in row 28 now. but in the end zone in the lower bowl.

I'm really happy being in the end zone and watching plays develop from that angle but the rest of the family wants to be as close to the 50 as possible.

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah I know. There will be other oppertunites for me to get a little closer to the field this off season. I'm in row 28 now. but in the end zone in the lower bowl.

I'm really happy being in the end zone and watching plays develop from that angle but the rest of the family wants to be as close to the 50 as possible.
Really though, the upper rows in lower level are the better seats. Sure it's nice being in the first few rows if the action is taking place close by, but if the teams are at the opposite end of the field you have no clue what is going on.

We're in row 34 straight across from the tunnel and I love it there. Great seats when the teams are near that end zone, but up high enough to see the action at the opposite goal line.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Really though, the upper rows in lower level are the better seats. Sure it's nice being in the first few rows if the action is taking place close by, but if the teams are at the opposite end of the field you have no clue what is going on.

We're in row 34 straight across from the tunnel and I love it there. Great seats when the teams are near that end zone, but up high enough to see the action at the opposite goal line.

I've got a pair of wide angle lense binoculars I usually watch the action through those on the other end of the field.

jspchief
12-19-2005, 10:32 AM
There will not be a market for "rights" to tickets. No one is going to be paying thousands of $'s for just the rights to lower bowl or club seats this off season.

Agreed, Individual game seats will always be on the market on Ebay.I disagree.

Brokers can recoup a $5k rights fee in two seasons if the seats are good. The cost of rights may have dropped, but there will still be money in it.

The only thing that might hamper getting good money for rights is the current uncertainty of the stadium situation.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 10:34 AM
I disagree.

Brokers can recoup a $5k rights fee in two seasons if the seats are good. The cost of rights may have dropped, but there will still be money in it.

The only thing that might hamper getting good money for rights is the current uncertainty of the stadium situation.

You know that any proposal for a new stadium is going to have some form of a psl in it. It helps sell the tax plan to the voters.

Saulbadguy
12-19-2005, 10:40 AM

Agreed, Individual game seats will always be on the market on Ebay.
I bet you can make pretty good money selling them.

Either way, if you sell the rights on ebay, you will be making more money than what you would get if you just let them expire.

broncoholic
12-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Can you even sall the rights to tickets?
I know Bronco tickets can only be transferred to immediate family members.

jspchief
12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
I know Bronco tickets can only be transferred to immediate family members.Technically, no you can't sell the rights. All you can do is transfer them. But that doesn't mean I can't charge some schmo for me to ink their name onto the transfer slip.

I don't know if it's family only or not. But if it is, I don't the the KC ticket office has the ambition or the resources to enforce it.

dtebbe
12-19-2005, 08:28 PM

Good luck on "season splitting' people always talk a good game about this until March rolls around and the frist payment is due. Suddenly they aren't real fans anymore ROFL

DT

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 09:55 PM
I know Bronco tickets can only be transferred to immediate family members.
You can transfer your seats to anyone but you can't profit from the transfer.

If the Chiefs find out you made one penny off transfering the rights to the seats they take away your seats and nobody gets the seats.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Good luck on "season splitting' people always talk a good game about this until March rolls around and the frist payment is due. Suddenly they aren't real fans anymore ROFL

DT

My first payment on the season ticket renewal is due Febuary 17th.

Stinger
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
You can transfer your seats to anyone but you can't profit from the transfer.

If the Chiefs find out you made one penny off transfering the rights to the seats they take away your seats and nobody gets the seats.

How in the world would they find out how much you sold the rights for? I mean no way can they look up financial records unless Carl is into the whole Spanish Inquisition thing to try and figure out who the real fans are.

dtebbe
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
My first payment on the season ticket renewal is due Febuary 17th.

If (like me) you fell for the playoff tickets, the first payment was made by December 9th ROFL

DT

BigRedChief
12-20-2005, 08:19 AM
If (like me) you fell for the playoff tickets, the first payment was made by December 9th ROFL

DT

Screw that I refused to give King Carl my money to use for 6 months and make money off the interest. Lets do the math. I'm lucky to find the x in algebra and maybe someone else should try to do this right but with my sixth grade education say you have 70,000 ticket holders pay 25% by mid feb. another 35% in march. 25% april. final 25% in june.

70K x $500.00 each = 35 million
Interest on 35 million for 6 months until the first game is played at 4% = $70,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 70 million total
Interest on 35 million for 5 months until the first game is played at 4% = $70,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 110 million
Interest on 35 million for 4 months until the first game is played at 4% = $275,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 145 million
Interest on 35 million for 3 months until the first game is played at 4% = $145,000.00

For a grand total of $560,000.00. Is this right?

Skip Towne
12-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Screw that I refused to give King Carl my money to use for 6 months and make money off the interest. Lets do the math. I'm lucky to find the x in algebra and maybe someone else should try to do this right but with my sixth grade education say you have 70,000 ticket holders pay 25% by mid feb. another 35% in march. 25% april. final 25% in june.

70K x $500.00 each = 35 million
Interest on 35 million for 6 months until the first game is played at 4% = $70,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 70 million total
Interest on 35 million for 5 months until the first game is played at 4% = $70,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 110 million
Interest on 35 million for 4 months until the first game is played at 4% = $275,000.00

70K x $500.00 each = 145 million
Interest on 35 million for 3 months until the first game is played at 4% = $145,000.00

For a grand total of $560,000.00. Is this right?
Hey, that's enough money to pay one rookie bust.

King_Chief_Fan
12-20-2005, 08:57 AM
It seems that many people vent on here that they are not renewing their season tickets and then in the spring they renew the tickets.

Got my season ticket renewal in the mail on Saturday. Ironic. Season ticket renewal benefits? first chance at the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead? Thats the best you can come up with King Carl.

So what say you?

I'm going to renew. They are my team. Win or lose. Embrass the city and you fans for the upteenth time? No problem. I will still give you $2.3K next year King Carl. I feel like a crack addict that can't stop.:banghead:

maybe you get to move to better seats.....hang in there.....the new 15 year plan is about to get under way.

BigRedChief
12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
maybe you get to move to better seats.....hang in there.....the new 15 year plan is about to get under way.

You know about this time last year I was begging for lower bowl tickets from the Planeteers that said they were through with buying season tickets. No one came foward. They talk a good game about not renewing but in the end they pay King Carl the money, again.