PDA

View Full Version : Was this game Atlanta 2000 revisited? Did we quit?

Coogs
12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
The missed tackles yesterday didn't really bother me as much as the effort leading to the missed tackles. It looked as if our players were going in slow motion in their pursuit of anyone wearing a blue jersey yesterday. Jogging towards plays, and half heartedly trying to make a hit if they did happen to get there.

Atlanta 2000 (I think that is the right year) all over again. The game where the team quit on Gun.

For whatever reason, it looked like this team quit yesterday. With so much at stake too!

Time for a change IMO. And I hope it is sooner than later once the season is over so that we don't miss out on prospects such as Ron Rivera from the Bears.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Only Carl would bring back a coach that the team quit on to run the effense. Another in a long string of genius moves!!

JBucc
12-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes after that one big run by Tiki we just gave up

RJ
12-18-2005, 10:40 AM
They definitely quit. Tiki's last TD, where he was dragging Wesley (?) into the end zone.....it was bad enough that Wesley couldn't bring him down but where was the rest of the team? Either the Giants really hold their blocks well or our D was watching that play from behind.

Coogs
12-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Yes after that one big run by Tiki we just gave up

I think we had quit by the first long run by Barber. The 41 yard TD run. It wasn't the tackling on that play that bothered me. It was the effort of the players. Hell, none of them even looked like they wanted to try and tackle him.

chiefsfaninNC
12-18-2005, 10:48 AM
The missed tackles yesterday didn't really bother me as much as the effort leading to the missed tackles. It looked as if our players were going in slow motion in their pursuit of anyone wearing a blue jersey yesterday. Jogging towards plays, and half heartedly trying to make a hit if they did happen to get there.

Atlanta 2000 (I think that is the right year) all over again. The game where the team quit on Gun.

For whatever reason, it looked like this team quit yesterday. With so much at stake too!

Time for a change IMO. And I hope it is sooner than later once the season is over so that we don't miss out on prospects such as Ron Rivera from the Bears.

We all knew after the Buffalo game that this team sucked and that the coaches couldn't get the players ready for games. The problem is we are all homers so we engineered excitement and faith after the Houston and NE victories. The Denver win should have been a wake up call.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Nobody quit. They just suck.

Reaper16
12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Nobody quit. They just suck.
Thing is, we know that they can play much, much better than that. I can't wait for this current coaching staff to get the Hell out of here, an get in guys who will form a team with actual toughness.