PDA

View Full Version : A lot of off-season retirements will thankfully force rebuilding...

CanadaKC
12-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I cannot for the life of me seeing Vermeil return...and when he goes...our new head coach will bring in all his guys so Gunther will be gone too (hopefully Herm Edwards will have a change of heart and think of KC).
This will be the end of Carl's Vermeil phase...and he has no choice but to enter the rebuilding phaes of the Chiefs. That's because...

Vermeil's retirement will cause a chain-reaction to his loyal, older veteran players...namely Holmes, Shields, Roaf, Kennison...to name a few. Trent Green will be relegated to grooming our next QBOTF. Knowing we cannot compete with the absence of those players...Gonzalez may well be traded...Bell, Wesley, Barber will be released.

The fans of KC have and will continue through their own voices or the media force Carl to rebuild this team on a more patient level of rebuilding...namely through the draft...and not through FA disasters which are killing our salary cap.

Brace yourselves for a new era...one that will demand patience...but at least it's better than the alternative...namely what we've had for the past five+ seasons. Our new coach will put his stamp on this new team...much like what's happening in Miami or San Fran. Heck...Miami might just finish with the same record as KC this year...the new attitude has already paid off there.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
They won't trade Gonzalez.

ping2000
12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Unfortunately, this won't happen. Herm Edwards would bring back Jimmy Raye or Paul Hackett. Carl will hire a clown that will bow down before his feet. No coach with self-respect would work for Clown Carl.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 12:48 PM
If we hire any of those guys, I am done. I swear to god!

Demonpenz
12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
we aint going to rebuild we are going to reload. One more super bowl run baby

morphius
12-18-2005, 12:51 PM
I think you are overestimating what is going to happen in the offseason. Kennison will still. Roaf is iffy. We will need a backup QB, we have lots of guards on the team, we need a LT and a replacement for Wesley. Mccleon will get cut, but Washington and Hodge should be able to do a lot better job then that jackass. Green isn't going anywhere, and Gonzo likes playing with Green, and no coach is going to trade him.

blah, blah, blah. Enough time for this in the offseason. But if you think a team is going to rebuild with Carl, you are on crack.

CanadaKC
12-18-2005, 12:54 PM
If my theory is correct...I really don't think Herm will come here anyways by the way...but you never know. Whoever the new coach is...is going to totally rebuild our defense. IMO...he'll target one of these guys...

1) Jimmy Williams CB Viginia Tech
2) Ahmad Carrol LB Virginia
3) Michael Huff S Texas (reunite with DJ)

any one of these guys plus DJ goes a long way in helping our D.

morphius
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
If my theory is correct...I really don't think Herm will come here anyways by the way...but you never know. Whoever the new coach is...is going to totally rebuild our defense. IMO...he'll target one of these guys...

Swithcing 2-3 players is not really a "rebuild"

NJ Chief Fan
12-18-2005, 01:27 PM
if anyone thinks were trading T-GOAT theyre on crack rock...PLEASE PUT DOWN THE PIPE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRGIHTY THEN

CanadaKC
12-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm only assuming Gonzo MIGHT be traded if all the aforementioned pro-bowl calibre players are gone...meaning a for sure rebuild of the team...
and I think Gonzo might ask for a trade if that scenario came to fruition.
That's the only scenario I'm basing that on.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Gonzo loves this town. He's not going anywhere.

CoMoChief
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM

We wont have a high enough pick in the draft to get Williams or Huff.

CosmicPal
12-18-2005, 01:47 PM
GONE

Woods
Shields
McCleon
Huard
Hicks
Gammon
and
Washington

POSSIBLY GONE

Roaf
Browning
Barber
Collins
Vermeil and the coaching staff

WOULD LIKE TO SEE GONE

Bell
Scouting department
Carl Peterson

DON'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE

Sims gone to free agency and a bitter offseason negotiation war between Peterson and Larry Johnson's agent

OR Holmes consider retirement and return to his family

jiveturkey
12-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Julian Battle will be our 3rd or 4th CB next year and I agree that we'll need a new FS.

Woods should be cut along with McNevershouldhavebeensigned. If Wesley isn't a huge cap hit then I'm OK with cutting him as well but I doubt that we can cut him and Woods.

Bell should be cut and I think that his contract will make it easier. Barber can stay and start outside next year. We will have to add more youth at the outside though and this can take place in the middle rounds of the draft.

DL is where we need to focus early in the draft. DE or DT is fine with me. I'm not sure if we can cut Hicks because of cap implications but I think that Dalton is in his last year and he should not be resigned. Sims can live out his contract and if he continues to improve then good for us. Jr might be an ascending player as well and another year should be given to the experiment. Browning is versatile and you can't cut everyone so he can stay as well. THIS IS THE PRIORITY POSITION FOR THE OFFSEASON IMO.

On O we need a QBotf and I'm OK with picking off a backup from another team and grooming them. Drafting QB's is tough and it could be a huge waste of time.

RB is set. I'm betting that Priest returns as a 3rd down back. Johnson will likely break a lot of records next year.

FB is set. I'm betting that Richardson returns and this will help with the continued development of Johnson.

WR should not take up any more middle round draft choices. Boe and Horn will likely not make the team and I'm hoping that this puts more play makers on the field, like Thorpe and a possible 1st or 2nd round pick. Kennison will likely be back IMO.

TE, Dunn is a mystery to me and I'm not sure if he'll return and if he doesn't then we need to try and pick up a blocking vet. Wilson can stay as the 3rd TE but needs some off-season work.

OL is the another PRIORITY position of the off-season. Shields is likely out and Welbourne will likely move into his position. Hopefully Sampson can play at RT for more than 20 minutes without getting hurt. Roaf is another possible retirement so a studly LT should be at the top of Carl's list. Depth at Tackle and Guard will need to be addressed unless some of the current youngsters can step up in case of an injury.

So here are my priorities.
1a. OT
1b. DL (either position)
2. WR (slot guy that can step into a starting role in a year or two)
3. FS (speed, speed, speed)
4. OLB (depth)
5. CB (depth)

Coaching staff is a tough one though and I'm not sure who I would be happy with but I like the idea of a defensive mided guy.