PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 Preseason Begins: Who do you want to see more of in these last two games?

Rain Man
12-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Sad, pathetic depressed poll coming.

jiveturkey
12-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Improvement from the young players. I still want us to win because loosing is dumb.

DJ, Mitchell, Sims, Allen.

LJ in the passing game, Parker, Wilson (it would nice to see him). We should also promote Thorpe and get him some game experience. Parker probably learned a lot in the limited time he got last year.

Bowser
12-18-2005, 07:13 PM
DJ needs to get an INT.

JBucc
12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Damon Huard needs some playing time since he's obviously our QBOTF

ClevelandChief
12-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Matt Leinhart at QB

cdcox
12-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I want to keep Green in since we have no prospects at QB, so that requires keeping the starters on OL in. Other than that, I'd be fine with some subs.

DV will keep the starters in 'till we are officially eliminated, which means it will probably be the last week before we see massive subs, if ever.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I want to see LJ in there on most of the passing plays. He needs to learn to block.

I would also like to see Scanlon or Barber at ROLB, Bartee at FS and Boerigter starting at WR.

Rain Man
12-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Todd come in at QB so we could play Svitek at left tackle a bit. If we could bring up Thorpe and McKenzi Smith, let them play, too.

On defense, I'd like to see Siavii in at DT, and then perhaps try some 3-4 with Browning and/or Wilkerson at end, anyone who wants a shot at NT (preferably Sims or Siavii), and varying combinations of Mitchell, Bell, Scanlon, and Grigsby at ILB. Give Barber or maybe even Stills some time at ROLB.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Siavii was in there sucking on Barber's backbreaking TD run.

Rain Man
12-18-2005, 07:40 PM
I was curious why it seemed like Siavii was playing a lot against the Giants. Did someone get hurt or something?

I hadn't seen Siavii in weeks, and all of a sudden he seemed to be playing quite a bit. I must say that he actually made a couple of good plays, too.

JBucc
12-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Did Carlos Hall play at all yesterday? Was he even active?

Rain Man
12-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Hall was playing yesterday. I saw him a couple of times.

JBucc
12-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I would really like to see him more instead of Hicks if he's healthy

Rain Man
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I agree. I'm not sure he's a three-down lineman, but at this point it might not hurt to find out.

FloridaMan88
12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
I'd like to see Kris Wilson have a bigger role (or ANY role) in the offense and I'd like to see Carl Peterson standing in the middle of I-70, with a semi-truck approaching, going 70 MPH.

Wallcrawler
12-19-2005, 02:23 AM
As bad as I hate to say it, the Chiefs need to start playing some guys at LT, RT, and move Welbourn to guard if in fact Roaf and Shields are not going to be back. Id hate to not play those guys, but if they arent coming back, its time to step aside and see what we have to work with when they are gone.

If anything, it will put the desperate need for tackles on this offensive line fresh in the minds of Carl Peterson when Free Agency and the NFL Draft roll around.

Id love to see some sort of killer bribe given to Willie Roaf for him to come back one more year. In his absence this year, we have seen just how dominant this guy still is, and if there is any way possible to retain him, lure him out of the retirement thoughts, it must be done.

Johnson&Johnson
12-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Any sort of tackling from our defense... and i don't mean flag football sorta tackling.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 02:41 AM
The last I heard, Roaf was planning on playing three more years. Unless something changed this season, I'm pretty sure he'll be back. Shields is a bigger worry.

the Talking Can
12-19-2005, 05:02 AM
honestly, all our DTs are terrible...we have nothing there...nothing

I'd like to see Thorpe and Hall play, and maybe Bartee....other than that your list a depressing collection of scrubs an nobodies...oh yeah, Barber, let him play....Bell is worthless and frankly plays like he is scared...adios you free rider...

HemiEd
12-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Bring up Crap and let him play, Put Kris Wilson in the game plan, I would also like to see Todd Collins work with the first team. Svitek, show me why he has held down a roster spot all season.

chiefsfaninNC
12-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Thorpe. Get him some reps. Time to see if we got a gem or more Crap.

ChiefsCountry
12-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Better not screw around too much, how goofy and wacky the NFL is we could still make the playoffs some how.

Coach
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I just realized, whatever happened to Kris Griffin?The coaches were all talking him up, compairing him to Derrick Johnson.

ChiefsCountry
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I just realized, whatever happened to Kris Griffin?The coaches were all talking him up, compairing him to Derrick Johnson.

He is on Injured Reserve, replaced with Barber.

Coach
12-19-2005, 08:29 PM
He is on Injured Reserve, replaced with Barber.

Damn. I would had liked to see how this guy would have done. I thought he looked good in pre-season.