PDA

View Full Version : Detachment 2005

Braincase
12-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Wife got on me Saturday night. I was pretty depressed and she asked me not to get on the Planet all day yesterday, because she knew I would just stay upset, so I stayed off - but I was still pissed.

TIme for the annual detachment, when I say goodbye to the CHiefs for another year and get past the funk my favorite football team has left me in .

The fans in Denver are mocking our pain. The fans in Oakland get to revel in our agony. The San Diego fan knows they have something to play for Saturday. Every other team in the AFC West, and quite possibly former AFC West rival Seattle will have made the Superbowl in Carl Peterson's era.

And here come the trolls. Tiny little people that feed on the pain others feel. Our only defense, at least legally, is to detach. Escape the pain. Take our minds off the Chiefs and focus on family, the holiday season, plans for the New Year. Time to work on my shop again. Time to focus on my music again. Take my kids to some basketball games. Try to keep from assaulting the myriad Bronco fans that want to rub our faces in it, and they will, because that's what they do.

Detaching in 5...4..3...

Dammit.

I have tix to the Bengals game.

4th and Long
12-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Wife got on me Saturday night. I was pretty depressed and she asked me not to get on the Planet all day yesterday, because she knew I would just stay upset, so I stayed off - but I was still pissed.

TIme for the annual detachment, when I say goodbye to the CHiefs for another year and get past the funk my favorite football team has left me in .

The fans in Denver are mocking our pain. The fans in Oakland get to revel in our agony. The San Diego fan knows they have something to play for Saturday. Every other team in the AFC West, and quite possibly former AFC West rival Seattle will have made the Superbowl in Carl Peterson's era.

And here come the trolls. Tiny little people that feed on the pain others feel. Our only defense, at least legally, is to detach. Escape the pain. Take our minds off the Chiefs and focus on family, the holiday season, plans for the New Year. Time to work on my shop again. Time to focus on my music again. Take my kids to some basketball games. Try to keep from assaulting the myriad Bronco fans that want to rub our faces in it, and they will, because that's what they do.
[Bill Clinton] I feel your pain. [/Bill Clinton]
Detaching in 5...4..3...

Dammit.

Not if you sell them or give them away. *ahem* :)

Braincase
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
[Bill Clinton] I feel your pain. [/Bill Clinton]

Not if you sell them or give them away. *ahem* :)

Technically, they aren't mine, they're a buddies.

Might be nice to say goodbye to those that are leaving... and maybe carry a sign for Carl.

siberian khatru
12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Pussy.

NewChief
12-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Sounds eerily familiar.

Braincase
12-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Pussy.

More like pussy-whipped. And happily.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 02:34 PM
I disengaged from my body on Saturday and floated up toward the ceiling. It was like I was looking at myself from afar. The good news is that I have a pretty good butt, actually. First time I've ever seen it from a distance.

NewChief
12-19-2005, 02:35 PM
I disengaged from my body on Saturday and floated up toward the ceiling. It was like I was looking at myself from afar. The good news is that I have a pretty good butt, actually. First time I've ever seen it from a distance.

I did that once while on mushrooms.

Clint in Wichita
12-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Detaching in 5...4..3...

Dammit.

If you think this year was bad, you'll probably kill yourself in 2006.

beavis
12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Technically, they aren't mine, they're a buddies.

Might be nice to say goodbye to those that are leaving... and maybe carry a sign for Carl.
Plenty of tickets still remain.

But please join the season ticket waiting list, or you may not get them.

Braincase
12-19-2005, 03:05 PM
If you think this year was bad, you'll probably kill yourself in 2006.

Nah. I've got no expectations for next year. We could be looking at trading Larry, drafting Vince Young, and snagging Robert Gallery as a free-agent next year. Ya just never know. This year, I had some expectations...that's why it hurts so freakin' bad.

Amnorix
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM

So tell me, are you often fascinated by men's butts, or only your own?

Actually, on second thought, don't answer that...

Rausch
12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Our only defense, at least legally, is to detach. Escape the pain.

**** that...

chiefs4me
12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
This is the reason you follow more then one sport..my chiefs have went and broken my heart again....:banghead: but my Dallas stars are mending it...:D

Sully
12-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Red Wings have been not so great lately, either. But they did score 4 unanswered Saturday night after the Chiefs game to win 6-3. Plus, they play more than once a week.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
So tell me, are you often fascinated by men's butts, or only your own?

Actually, on second thought, don't answer that...

It's just a 360 review as part of my self-evaluation for continuous quality improvement in my own personal six-sigma process.

Skip Towne
12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
This is the reason you follow more then one sport..my chiefs have went and broken my heart again....:banghead: but my Dallas stars are mending it...:D
Hockey :Lin:

chiefs4me
12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I thought the NHL was locked out.

I just can't wait for the WNBA strike to end...

ROFL...Last season was..

chiefs4me
12-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Red Wings have been not so great lately, either. But they did score 4 unanswered Saturday night after the Chiefs game to win 6-3. Plus, they play more than once a week.

The wings?? The wings?? %(/

Calcountry
12-19-2005, 07:49 PM
If you think this year was bad, you'll probably kill yourself in 2006.Time to install the wing T offense. :D

Calcountry
12-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Hockey :Lin:Yeah baby its HOCK EY, TIME, A-gain.

chiefs4me
12-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah baby its HOCK EY, TIME, A-gain.

Have you checked the standing's lately......:D PBJ