PDA

View Full Version : Vick had another terrible game

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 08:39 AM
...is there any doubt that SD completely hosed Atlanta in that deal? Brees alone is much better than Vick, and throw in LT, and it is completely lopsided.

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Yep.

That Atlanta team is a Super Bowl contender without Vick.

chagrin
12-19-2005, 09:05 AM
That's pretty funny!

I don't know about that, but I do know how funny it was after that one game, earlier this year, when Vick threw 2 td's and 0 INt's he told the media at the press conference, "I don't ever want to hear y'all question me again" about his ability to throw the ball...LMAO

HMc
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Don't get to see Atlanta play. His passing sucks eh?

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
The guy never sets his feet, and thus his passes are all over the place.

They have a very good defense and the #1 rushing attack in the NFL.

If they had even a QB like Trent Green, they'd be a legit contender.

chagrin
12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
sucks ain't the word for it. He's talented, that's for sure, but he cannot win a game with his arm.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-19-2005, 09:15 AM
That Bears defense ate him apart slowly. They were hitting him every play. I only wish that one day the Chiefs D can look half as good.

HMc
12-19-2005, 09:15 AM

I see. I did catch some of today's game (well it was today here) and it seems like he's running backwards all the time, trying to evade. But the chicago defence wasn't having any of it.

Brock
12-19-2005, 09:23 AM

If they didn't have Vick, they wouldn't be the #1 rushing team.

Other than that I agree with everything you said.

Demonpenz
12-19-2005, 09:27 AM
i like to see him fail because of all his endorsements. He might be the biggest flame out since the dan vrs dan adds

Dave Lane
12-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Don't be putting down Jesus!

Dave

Eleazar
12-19-2005, 10:20 AM
HE WINS GAMES!!!!11 ROFL

He's going to 'win games' right into his team being home for the holidays this year.

He is Kordell Stewart.

---

edit - actually, if you look at his numbers this year:

Passing - 13 TD, 12 INT
Rushing - 6 TD, 4 Fumb. lost

So he's created 19 touchdowns, and turned it over 16 times. Sounds like 'the ultimate weapon' to me...

JBucc
12-19-2005, 10:27 AM

Like say, Matt Schaub?

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Like say, Matt Schaub?

Atlanta would be better with Schaub at quarterback...

As Htis mentioned, they have a great running attack and a decent D. What I found amusing is that Atlanta refuses to throw against Philly last year even though Philly played 8-9 men in the box...shows how much confidence the coaching staff has in Vick...

However, if you want to view Vick's success as putting asses in the seats, and TV ratings in Atlanta, then he has been very successful.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Atlanta would be better with Schaub at quarterback...

As Htis mentioned, they have a great running attack and a decent D. What I found amusing is that Atlanta refuses to throw against Philly last year even though Philly played 8-9 men in the box...shows how much confidence the coaching staff has in Vick...

However, if you want to view Vick's success as putting asses in the seats, and TV ratings in Atlanta, then he has been very successful.I agree, which is why I'd rather they not play him so they don't realize that and we pick him up.

Simplex3
12-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Can you say "Matt Schaub". If they ever get a coach who can see that they'll be a legit contender.

redfan
12-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I don't get it either. Every year, Vick is a highly-rated FF QB. Every year, he's merely avg from a FF perspective. I should know, I've had him on my team a coupla times (curse you, autodraft!!)

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Can you say "Matt Schaub". If they ever get a coach who can see that they'll be a legit contender.

Don't think it's that simple. Many fans would rather have Atlanta lose, and have Vick be an occassional highlight film than win with Schaub.

Maybe that will wear off, but Atlanta sells out, and has more prime-time games than anyone...

Red Dawg
12-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Vick is the worst QB in the league. He's suppose to run an offense by reading a defense and deliver the ball to the right man. He does none of this worth a crap. Yes he can scramble but he's a worthless QB that will never win anything.

Brock
12-19-2005, 10:48 AM

Vick is bigger than the coach. Much bigger. It doesn't matter if they never win anything, Vick is the franchise.

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Vick is bigger than the coach. Much bigger. It doesn't matter if they never win anything, Vick is the franchise.

I agree. The question is why? I thought winning was all that matters, but evidently not (yet) in Atlanta, but I bet they tire of him at some point.

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 12:52 PM
The goal is to make money. Vick does that, wins aren't required...

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 12:52 PM
If they didn't have Vick, they wouldn't be the #1 rushing team.

Other than that I agree with everything you said.

I disagree. Their zone blocking scheme along with Warrick and Duckett is pretty formidable...

Eleazar
12-19-2005, 12:53 PM
The goal is to make money. Vick does that, wins aren't required...

Eventually, the fans are going to get tired of it. I'm curious to see how long it will take.

ck_IN
12-19-2005, 01:07 PM
the sad part is the guy could be an excellent QB.

He has a great arm. His mechanics however are awful. I don't know if his Qb coach reeks or if he's not listening. If Vick would just watch some tape of himself and analyze his mechanics he could be a top 10 QB.

Frazod
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't get to see Atlanta play. His passing sucks eh?

His whole game sucks. I'll never understand what anybody sees in him. It was nice to see him get crunched in person. :D

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
the sad part is the guy could be an excellent QB.

He has a great arm. His mechanics however are awful. I don't know if his Qb coach reeks or if he's not listening. If Vick would just watch some tape of himself and analyze his mechanics he could be a top 10 QB.

...but there is still the part about reading a defense

ck_IN
12-19-2005, 01:12 PM
His reads aren't great but how much is bad reads and how much is his horid mechanics leading to overthrows, throws wide, etc?

Fix one thing at a time.

Eleazar
12-19-2005, 01:24 PM
His whole game sucks. I'll never understand what anybody sees in him. It was nice to see him get crunched in person. :D

How cold was it? I thought I was going to die at the Bronco game but last night looked like it was even worse at Soldier

Frazod
12-19-2005, 01:27 PM
How cold was it? I thought I was going to die at the Bronco game but last night looked like it was even worse at Soldier

It was around 5 degrees. We couldn't really feel the wind where our seats were, but leaving the stadium, I thought I was going to freeze solid. It was nasty.

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Vick doesn't have trouble reading defenses.

His problem is that he doesn't set his feet, leading to poorly-placed throws.

He throws the absolute prettiest spiral I've ever seen.

Eleazar
12-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Vick doesn't have trouble reading defenses.

His problem is that he doesn't set his feet, leading to poorly-placed throws.

He throws the absolute prettiest spiral I've ever seen.

Yes, no question he has the tools, but something is missing upstairs.

Frazod
12-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes, no question he has the tools, but something is missing upstairs.

He's football's answer to Nuke from Bull Durham - million dollar arm and a five cent head.

ck_IN
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
<i>He's football's answer to Nuke from Bull Durham - million dollar arm and a five cent head.</i>

That would be Jeffie George.

If Vick can solve his mechanics he'll be great.

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 02:48 PM
<i>He's football's answer to Nuke from Bull Durham - million dollar arm and a five cent head.</i>

That would be Jeffie George.

If Vick can solve his mechanics he'll be great.

Yep. Vick's problem is not mental in the same way Plummer's problems are.

Vick doesn't make bad reads. He doesn't throw into bad situations.

His problem is that he's LAZY, or more specifically, he's always gotten away with substituting talent for technique at the HS/college level. He throws with his arm/upper body and doesn't set his feet. He's akin to a b-ball player shooting free throws without bending his knees - there's a reason it always comes up short of the rim.

tk13
12-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Not that Vick's a pocket passer or anything, but give some credit to the defense he was playing too... they've made QB's look silly all year. Pocket passers, runners, whatever, they've annihilated them.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Well if it does't work our for him at QB he could still be the highest paid WR ever.

tk13
12-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Bears pass defense:

256-458 passing, 55.8%

2325 yds, 8 TD, 20 INT

57.4 QB rating

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Not that Vick's a pocket passer or anything, but give some credit to the defense he was playing too... they've made QB's look silly all year. Pocket passers, runners, whatever, they've annihilated them.

Oh, don't get me wrong. My analysis of Vick wasn't based solely on last night.

That being said, he had a PERFECT chance to burn the best defense in the league - Jenkins was open behind the safety for a sure TD. Vick rolled out, threw off his back foot, and the ball came up 10 yards short. Of course, it was picked off. If he had put the ball AHEAD of the WR, it was a sure TD.

chagrin
12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Actually, I think all of you have pretty much nailed it.

Htismaque is right about his mechanics, not setting his feet and just throwing the ball out there. Except I disagree about his reads. His makes bad reads all day long, that makes his thorws bad. He overthrows Finneran against Seattle all day because Finneran was well covered, for example.

I agree with ck_IN because I believe he doesn't listen. If he won't tolerate the media questioning his poclet passing skills because of his his thin skin, I don't believe he listens to the critisizing from his coaches...most GREAT QB's listen to what coaches teach.

He does throw a nice spiral, but Dan Marino and Jeff George could throw an equally pretty spiral as well.

I agree with Cochise here as well, I do believe he isn't all there up top. Not that it's in the blood, but Aaron Brooks has great form, but makes horrible decisions, and he DOES set his feet.

I guess he's just an enigma

KCChiefsMan
12-19-2005, 04:21 PM
a lot of QBs have a bad day against da bears