PDA

View Full Version : Bears #1 Defense

ping2000
12-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Did anyone else hear Erlacher last night say that they had a really simple defense with only three blitzes? Our defense is supposedly very complicated. I realize most of our defensive players blow. Our players also seem to be retarded. Just wondering.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Did anyone else hear Erlacher last night say that they had a really simple defense with only three blitzes? Our defense is supposedly very complicated. I realize most of our defensive players blow. Our players also seem to be retarded. Just wondering.
Yes I heard Urlacher say that.

ping2000
12-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Damn sorry professor.

CosmicPal
12-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Yea, I heard Uhhlacher say that too.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Damn sorry professor.You are forgiven. And that defense is very very good, they seem to do this tackling stuff very well.

TrickyNicky
12-19-2005, 11:02 AM
You are forgiven. And that defense is very very good, they seem to do this tackling stuff very well.What?! You mean they use both arms?! We need to get in on this.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Ohh Trey Wingo just dissed us "He could never play for KC because he wrapped up" it's true too

TrickyNicky
12-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey JBucc, don't you post on Gamespot's sports boards?

JBucc
12-19-2005, 11:12 AM
yeah sometimes

RedDread
12-19-2005, 11:12 AM
What's this about Ballicker ?

JBucc
12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
What's this about Ballicker ?
he wraps them up very well

Frazod
12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
You are forgiven. And that defense is very very good, they seem to do this tackling stuff very well.

Yes, I watched them do that in person last night. When a Bears defensive player hits an opposing player, that player is generally very rudely and quickly introduced to the turf.

As a Chiefs fan, I found this to be very confusing. :spock:

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2005, 11:18 AM
The bears aren't going anywhere with that O. I can hardly wait to bet against them in the playoffs.

NewChief
12-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Yes, I watched them do that in person last night. When a Bears defensive player hits an opposing player, that player is generally very rudely and quickly introduced to the turf.

As a Chiefs fan, I found this to be very confusing. :spock:

You must learn to appreciate the subtlety with which we tackle. It's like an art form and is best appreciated through slowmo instant replay. All that throwing people to the ground stuff is over rated. It takes true finesse and skill to bring a receiver tantalizingly close to the brink of touching their shin to the ground only to allow them to spring forth for a TD. Sure..sure..that one went against us, but that's the risk an artiste must take.

jspchief
12-19-2005, 11:27 AM
They only run 3 blitzes because their front four can generate an absurd amount of pressure on their own.

Frazod
12-19-2005, 11:28 AM
The bears aren't going anywhere with that O. I can hardly wait to bet against them in the playoffs.

I wouldn't bet against them at home, but I have little doubt their playoff dreams will end abruptly in Seattle in the NFC Championship Game.

They are a LITTLE better with Grossman, but not much.

If Chicago had a QB like Green, IMO, they'd be unstoppable. Their offensive line (biggest problem) has finally gelled, and they have good receivers and a strong running game. Every opposing defense is able to cheat on them and stack the line because the QB play sucks so bad.

If they get a good QB in the offseason, look out. They could be big time contenders for a few years.

kepp
12-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Big Rex is back at the helm though. I don't think it'll make a HUGE difference, but the O was definitely clicking more when he came in.

the Talking Can
12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
we use post-modern tackling techniques...the theory is this: there is no such thing as a "tackle"...a "tackle" is a social construction masking the true powers at work - CP stealing your wallet and Lamar smoking cigars made out of rolled $100 bills....ergo....Chiefs players can "tackle" or "not tackle" because the result is the same: CP and Lamar swim in a pool of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck....this ends today's lesson

NewChief
12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
we use post-modern tackling techniques...the theory is this: there is no such thing as a "tackle"...a "tackle" is a social construction masking the true powers at work - CP stealing your wallet and Lamar smoking cigars made out of rolled $100 bills....ergo....Chiefs players can "tackle" or "not tackle" because the result is the same: CP and Lamar swim in a pool of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck....this ends today's lesson

Nicely done. Much better than my attempt at mock spin.