PDA

View Full Version : Thats how a real playoff team plays

ChiefsfaninPA
12-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Coming in to work this morning I knew I was going to hear it from all of the Steelers fans. We have a good ratio of Eagle to Steelers fans in here. As of late the Eagles fans have nothing to say. They can't even make eye contact with anyone other than the two Raider fans in the office. So first thing I see upon arrival at work is this poster in my cubicle that reads "THIS IS HOW A REAL PLAYOFF TEAM PLAYS", and on the poster board are clippings taken from the newspaper of the Steelers win. I must admit, that team won when it mattered. They had there playoff destiny in there own hands and came out the starting gate fighting. So not only am I pissed about the lose but now I have to deal with all the Steelers fans. But at least I am not one of those Raider fans.:rolleyes:

KCTitus
12-19-2005, 11:40 AM
True. That sucks. I was having a discussion about this very fact on Saturday.

When was the last time KC won a game they had to? Except for the playoffs in 1993/94, I dont really remember one. Certainly not under Vermeil has there been one.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I didn't see any sense of urgency in the players. It was like just a regular game to them. I wonder if they feel embarrased at all about there performance. If I did my job the way they do theirs I would have been fired on the spot. Especially if I embarrased my company in front of a national audience. Makes me wish I were a spoiled athlete.

siberian khatru
12-19-2005, 12:09 PM

When was the last time KC won a game they had to? Except for the playoffs in 1993/94, I dont really remember one. Certainly not under Vermeil has there been one.

Since I was studying schedules and results since 1992 last night for that other thread, I'd have to say the last game of the 1994 regular season -- we won at the Raiders to make the playoffs (and knock the Raiders out). We promptly lost in the first round, of course, but it was a must-win game on the road.

badassBENGAL
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
the squeelers arent a REAL playoff team....

chagrin
12-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Good point, I believe the last game We won a game we had to was the "Keith Cash" game against Houston.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Speaking of real playoff teams it looks like the NE Brady's are getting healthy again, I hope they get another shot at the Colts.