PDA

View Full Version : Players who will be gone by 2006

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm guessing quite a few, with what appears to be an inevitable coaching change. Some will go based on age, performance, or other concerns. Some will be gone because of money.

Your guesses on who will be gone next year? :hmmm:

Brock
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
The only one I'm sure about is Will Shields.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2005, 12:20 PM
If it were me this who who would be gone:

Woods
Bartee
Wesley
Hicks
McCleon
Warfield
Sims
Barber

Just for starters.....I wouldnt want any player left over from this Defense from 2002-2005. I want the whole bad stench gone. Not sure about the salary cap implications for any of these players, but id be wiling to take the hit just to get rid of the stink.

siberian khatru
12-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I think a new staff may mean lots of casualties on D (thankfully). Bartee, McCleon, Woods etc. will lose their patrons. I think Bell will probably be cut, because he hasn't earned the salary raise he's due.

I have no idea what their contract situations are (I just don't keep up on that stuff like some Planeteers do), but I could see a new staff dumping some combo of Dalton, Browning and Hicks if the contracts made it doable. Wilkerson, too.

Shields I'd bet is 99.3% certain to retire.

I would expect Roaf to return, but wouldn't be surprised if he retired. Wild guess, pure speculation, but I kinda think T-Rich is no better than 50-50. Boe and Horn will be gone.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Woods, Bell, Mcleon, Hicks, Wesley, gots to go, all the others I'd be fine if they stayed.

Rausch
12-19-2005, 12:25 PM
The only one I'm sure about is Will Shields.

Agreed.

Depending on who gets the HC position guys like Trent or Roaf might leave.

bringbackmarty
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Horn, Shields, Mcleon, Scanlon, Brown, Cruz, Jelly, Browning, collins, vermiel, giunta, cunningham, Say hello to herm, and the marty era all over again. Maybe saxon will be oc.

bringbackmarty
12-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Horn, Shields, Mcleon, Scanlon, Brown, Cruz, Jelly, Browning, collins, vermiel, giunta, cunningham, Say hello to herm, and the marty era all over again. Maybe saxon will be oc.
I forgot Bell. wesley, woods too.

ck_IN
12-19-2005, 12:33 PM
You need to make this multiple choice. I'm thinking a new HC from the outside will clean several bodies out.

At least I'm hoping.

Rausch
12-19-2005, 12:36 PM
You need to make this multiple choice. I'm thinking a new HC from the outside will clean several bodies out.

At least I'm hoping.

Not likely.

They key word for next year will be "continuity."

ck_IN
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
<i>They key word for next year will be "continuity."</i>

Then the end result will be the same. I don't see any of these guys stepping up unless they see a few bodies fall to drive home a point.

penchief
12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
If it were me this who who would be gone:

Woods
Bartee
Wesley
Hicks
McCleon
Warfield
Sims
Barber

Just for starters.....I wouldnt want any player left over from this Defense from 2002-2005. I want the whole bad stench gone. Not sure about the salary cap implications for any of these players, but id be wiling to take the hit just to get rid of the stink.

I'd keep Warfield and Sims. Only because Warfield is a solid number two and we have more needs than we can fill. Sims is a freakin' enigma. While he hasn't done crap he has shown flashes of great ability. This year was supposed to be his year and he looked like he was going to finally kick butt until he got hurt. Unless we know what we're getting from someone else we've got just as good a chance of getting it from Sims.

Wesley is a big disappointment. Here's a guy that can hit you like Rodney Harrison but tackles like George Harrison. Plus, he's the only guy to run down and stop more TDs from behind than LJ. He makes big plays but he has more made on him. He's not much of an asset anymore. I'd get rid of him, too.

I agree with you about everyone else on the defense.

Cormac
12-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Shields, Barber, Bell, Browning, Dalton, Scanlon, McCleon, Washington, Cruz, Dalton, Bartee and Woods.

Possibles include Roaf, Richardson and Carlos Hall.

StcChief
12-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Need to use the 'check box' poll for multiple answers