PDA

View Full Version : An epiphany

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 01:06 PM
As Bob Dole sat yesterday in the wintery gloom of yet another wasted football season by his beloved Chiefs, Bob Dole was able to take little solace from the knowledge that most of his fellow fans felt a similar disappointment.

Unable to force himself to cling to the faint glimmers of hope posted here by the lunatic fringe that still feels this trainwreck of a season may be salvaged, and lacking any alcoholic beverages with which to numb the feelings of despair, Bob Dole turned to the only thing left to those who are unfortunate enough to reside in a dry county. Food.

And then, shining like the star that appeared above Bethlehem to guide the wise men toward the newborn baby in a lowly manger, it occurred to Bob Dole.

Not only should the person who first combined Velveeta and RO*TELŪ tomatoes not have faded into obscurity, they should have been awarded some sort of Nobel prize.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 01:09 PM
My wife makes that Velveeta and Ro-Tel dip, too, and I would support the inventor for one of those MacArthur Genius grants. I envision that cheese just flowing straight into my arteries to clog them, but yet I cannot stop eating it.

Molitoth
12-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Making Rotel can get a man Laid.

angel
12-19-2005, 01:11 PM
add some ground beef to it, and you've got yourself one hell of a dip :thumb:

I made this dip all last year for my friends who came to watch the game at my apt, and it was always met with much praise and admiration

(my 2000th post brought to you by Velveeta and Rotel)

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm a firm believer that Velveeta and Ro-Tel, if appropriately marketed, could solve the whole middle east problem.

joesomebody
12-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Do you just drop a brick of velvita and a can of rotel in a crock pot or what?

--- bachelor ---

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 01:18 PM
add some ground beef to it, and you've got yourself one hell of a dip :thumb:

I made this dip all last year for my friends who came to watch the game at my apt, and it was always met with much praise and admiration

(my 2000th post brought to you by Velveeta and Rotel)

It's also delicious when combined with one pound of browned Owen's brand sausage.

But nevertheless, the addition of meat or any other substance is but a garnish to the basic dip's creamy, dreamy goodness.

Taco John
Just what in the hell is Ro-Tel?

Hammock Parties
Who gives a shit if it gets you all backed up?

Hammock Parties
12-19-2005, 01:19 PM

http://www.texmex.net/Graphics/rotel.gif

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM

--- bachelor ---

Bob Dole prefers one can to half a brick.

The are numerous methods to combine the two ingredients. Commonly, they may be microwaved (but never on the maximum setting), crockpotted or double-boilered.

Bob Dole prefers to consume his by applying a copious amount to a Frito Lay Scoops.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Bob Dole prefers to consume his by applying a copious amount to a Frito Lay Scoops.

Heathen!

http://www.taquitos.net/dbimages13/Tostitos-RS-WC.jpg

Taco John
12-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Damn you Dole! I'm on a health kick! Have some damned compassion!

Your and idiot!

joesomebody
12-19-2005, 01:24 PM

The are numerous methods to combine the two ingredients. Commonly, they may be microwaved (but never on the maximum setting), crockpotted or double-boilered.

Bob Dole prefers to consume his by applying a copious amount to a Frito Lay Scoops.Noted, and will be tried this weekend.

Wait... I'm going home for Christmas, my mom will probably make something.

She usually makes a layered mexican style dip for game day.

I'll be back in Utah for the play-offs though, I'll try it then.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2005, 01:25 PM

Your and idiot!

Mmmmmm...dig in, Taco.

http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/images/velveeta-salsa-dip.jpg

Eleazar
12-19-2005, 01:26 PM
YES. This is the greatest food known to man.

If they don't have Rotel (with the ground beef) in heaven, then I'm not going. :harumph:

jidar
12-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I have no shittin idea what Ro-Tel is, but I've been doing Velveeta + Hot Salsa + habanero paste + milk for years and it's awesome.

Bob Dole

Your and idiot!

What's not healthy about dairy and veggies all in one, served with corn-based chips?

angel

--- bachelor ---
This is what I do:
I brown some ground beef
Cut up the block of velveeta into 1x1" cubes and dump them in the crock pot
Pour the rotel in (sometimes, instead of rotel, I use the Pace Hot Picante sauce-- I, personally prefer it, but it's more expensive)
Pour a little bit of milk- not too much or it'll be too runny
Drain the meat and dump it in the crockpot
Stir
Wait until it's all melted and yummy
Serve with chips
Eat
Enjoy

Inspector
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I had an epiphany.

It was removed during an out-patient surgery. I still have the scar.

KCFalcon59
12-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Add in some chopped up southwest chicken strips

http://www.shopfoodex.com/catalog/images/0000014195-910_tyc_cobb.jpg

MMmmmm!! Tasty!!!

JBucc
12-19-2005, 01:32 PM
that shit is the shit for shit

Iowanian
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Next scene:
"Large again T@co, sits on couch eating chicken leg and nacho dip while cursing his loss in the dodgeball championship"

alanm
12-19-2005, 02:11 PM
This is what I do:
I brown some ground beef
Cut up the block of velveeta into 1x1" cubes and dump them in the crock pot
Pour the rotel in (sometimes, instead of rotel, I use the Pace Hot Picante sauce-- I, personally prefer it, but it's more expensive)
Pour a little bit of milk- not too much or it'll be too runny
Drain the meat and dump it in the crockpot
Stir
Wait until it's all melted and yummy
Serve with chips
Eat
Enjoy
Actually I don't use milk and I make taco meat with seasoning instead of plain browned ground beef. Gives it a better flavor. :thumb:

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 02:13 PM

If they don't have Rotel (with the ground beef) in heaven, then I'm not going. :harumph:

I bet they don't have it in cow heaven.

KcMizzou
12-19-2005, 02:14 PM

If they don't have Rotel (with the ground beef) in heaven, then I'm not going. :harumph:Try using breakfast sausage. It's great.

bkkcoh
12-19-2005, 02:14 PM
i kick it up a notch with a little mexican chili powder, not sure if it is hotter than regular chili powder, but it is quite good.

jidar
12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
i kick it up a notch with a little mexican chili powder, not sure if it is hotter than regular chili powder, but it is quite good.
BAM!

Fish
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Anybody tried these chips yet?

http://www.taquitos.net/dbimages13/OnBorder-Cafe.jpg

They are quite tasty for dippin'

Frankie
12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Making Rotel can get a man Laid.Recipe please.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Recipe please.

Well, most men.

Frankie
12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I bet they don't have it in cow heaven.
ROFL . Rep

Iowanian
12-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Sounds like Frankie wants to make Mlitoth some RoofO-tel dip.

siberian khatru
12-19-2005, 02:49 PM
that shit is the shit for shit

No shit!

Braincase
12-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Eat it with Pork RInds, and it makes for a nice Low-Carb snack.

stevieray
12-19-2005, 02:59 PM
add chili...mmmmm.

memyselfI
12-19-2005, 03:00 PM
As Bob Dole sat yesterday in the wintery gloom of yet another wasted football season by his beloved Chiefs, Bob Dole was able to take little solace from the knowledge that most of his fellow fans felt a similar disappointment.

Unable to force himself to cling to the faint glimmers of hope posted here by the lunatic fringe that still feels this trainwreck of a season may be salvaged, and lacking any alcoholic beverages with which to numb the feelings of despair, Bob Dole turned to the only thing left to those who are unfortunate enough to reside in a dry county. Food.

And then, shining like the star that appeared above Bethlehem to guide the wise men toward the newborn baby in a lowly manger, it occurred to Bob Dole.

Not only should the person who first combined Velveeta and RO*TELŪ tomatoes not have faded into obscurity, they should have been awarded some sort of Nobel prize.

Ah, but Velveeta and Rotel without accompanying beer or ritas is like, oh, I dunno, Bush without Dick, Carl without Dick, Starsky without Hutch...

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Heh... he'll regret this by the time he finishes the thread.

Yeah. I got that rep just in the nick of time.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I was out of town a couple of months ago and saw the last half of that Starsky & Hutch movie in my room. I have to say that it was pretty funny.

memyselfI
12-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Never seen it. But, I've seen a British guy making fun of Ben Stiller for it. And I know that was funny.

It's not funny hysterical but it's funny...

of course, I love Owen Wilson so I loved the movie.

Rain Man
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller make a good team. They're both good humor actors.

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 03:13 PM
So it seems that we all have this same affinity for Velvetta/Rotel dip. Thats some good bonding after our team got embrassed (again) on national TV. much better than embrassing drunken hugs.

But one thing I'm curious of............I didn't know "Dry" counties still exsisted. How can they legally keep out liquor and beer?

Alton deFlat
12-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Oh great and mighty one!
:toast:

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 03:22 PM
What kind of a Mexican worth his salsa doesn't know what Ro*Tel is?

Bootlegged
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Melike Rotel y Sausagedip

Katipan
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Melike Rotel y Sausagedip

Is that pidgin spanglish?

Dartgod
12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Taco's not really Mexican. He's Hungarian.
Kolbasz John?

BigRedChief
12-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Kolbasz John?
Posters with two of the same letters in their name when its not needed are pretenious little twerps who don't get any Rotel dip.
http://www.rajobo.nl/images/soup_nazi.thumb.jpg

siberian khatru
12-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller make a good team. They're both good humor actors.

They make ice cream commercials?

kcfanXIII
12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Noted, and will be tried this weekend.

Wait... I'm going home for Christmas, my mom will probably make something.

She usually makes a layered mexican style dip for game day.

I'll be back in Utah for the play-offs though, I'll try it then.

impress your mother and make some for the game. you can never have to many chips or dip for a game. just make sure you bring plenty of booz to drown your non playoff sorrows.
also add in some pasta shells or macaroni, for an exceptionally tasty treat.

Bootlegged
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
For a second I thought kcfanXIII was going to explain which booze to mix into Rotel dip to make it even better.

I'm so disappointed.

6 oz. of Tia Maria

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Ah, but Velveeta and Rotel without accompanying beer or ritas is like, oh, I dunno, Bush without Dick, Carl without Dick, Starsky without Hutch...

Sounds like someone might have a drinking problem.

Its pasturized processed goodness is excellent on fresh hashbrown potatoes.

Straight, No Chaser
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM

Classic.

Good to know there are others who have suffered the same fate.

--->

chiefs4me
12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
So it seems that we all have this same affinity for Velvetta/Rotel dip. Thats some good bonding after our team got embrassed (again) on national TV. much better than embrassing drunken hugs.

But one thing I'm curious of............I didn't know "Dry" counties still exsisted. How can they legally keep out liquor and beer?

They can do whatever they want here in Texas.......:shrug: I don't live in a dry county, but the city I live in is dry......:deevee:

Bob Dole
12-19-2005, 10:04 PM

Not a clue. There's supposedly a petition floating around that would put the issue of wetness on an upcoming ballot.

Bob Dole is actually opposed to it. Alcohol sales revenue is about all that's keeping Miller County Arkansas afloat at this point...and 3 blocks really isn't too far to drive. Plus that whole bootlegging thing adds a little spice to life.