PDA

View Full Version : D-Line

Wa-Z
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Everyone is saying how much a concern this position is for us. I think ours is better than most teams'...I think we have the talent there...Sims, Siavii, C.Hall, and Allen...the other four aren't that bad either. Maybe they just haven't been coached right, does anyone know about the D-Line coach?

Cormac
12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
IIRC it's Karmelowicz who has been with the Chiefs for years, and was highly regarded for past successes. The line is a big problem on our D, IMO. Simply put, there is no push. Time and time again, the opposing O-line creates the perfect pocket, unless we blitz (and sometimes that doesn't work either). The only players who cause some disruption are Jared Allen and Sims. Once in a while Hicks gets leverage and bull-rushes somebody, but it's rare (although Hicks has played well the last few weeks). But all in all, I don't think our line has much hope. What really sucks is the amount we have invested in it (Freeman, Siavii, Sims, Downing, and lower picks like Sharpe). I'd like to see Carlos Hall stay and play a healthy season, and keep Dalton and Wilkerson for depth, but we need a stud DT or DE in the worst way. Somebody like Julius Peppers would have tremendous impact on our team, IMO.

FringeNC
12-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Everyone is saying how much a concern this position is for us. I think ours is better than most teams'...I think we have the talent there...Sims, Siavii, C.Hall, and Allen...the other four aren't that bad either. Maybe they just haven't been coached right, does anyone know about the D-Line coach?

It's hard to say, but as bad our as D is, if our D line is pretty good, then Gun is even stupider than I thought. I tend to think it's not very good.

phxchief
12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Carlos Hall can't stay healthy, Jared Allen isn't much of a talent - just a high motor, persistent guy... Siavii is big and strong, but very raw, unmotivated (who isn't under Vermeil?) and slow... Sims is a natural talent but he's coming off an injury and multiple unproductive seasons.

It's a nasty defensive line. Browning and Hicks are old, and - so simply put - trash. Dalton is even worse.

Fish
12-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I think Allen and Sims have the talent to do well under a good coach. I would look for FA replacements for the other positions though.....

chiefsfaninNC
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM

What games are you watching? I will admit the coaching on this team is poor, but talent would show itself in spite of poor coaching. Only Allen shows any talent. There is never any QB pressure up the middle.

TEX
12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
What games are you watching? I will admit the coaching on this team is poor, but talent would show itself in spite of poor coaching. Only Allen shows any talent. There is never any QB pressure up the middle.

Yep and Allen is a one-dimenisional player. We do not have a complete D-lineman out of the whole group - but it's not for lack of trying, as they have tried to address it in the draft with early picks. Sims represents the best candidate at being a complete player but he's hurt far to much to count on that. IMO, most of the trouble on _efense starts with the D-line. You build a defense from the line back, NOT the other way around. Fix the D-line and the defense will improve by leaps and bonds - just like the offense did when we built the O-line.

Wa-Z
12-20-2005, 12:57 AM

Well, I was taking the fact Sims was gone all season in perspective.

huskerdooz
12-20-2005, 06:10 AM
IMO, most of the trouble on _efense starts with the D-line. You build a defense from the line back, NOT the other way around. Fix the D-line and the defense will improve by leaps and bonds - just like the offense did when we built the O-line.

I concur. :thumb:

nascher
12-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Allen is in his second year guys he will get better and he already is on of the best pass rushers in the NFL. We need help at the other DE spot and on DT.