PDA

View Full Version : It seems the fans have given up...

Alphaman
12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Our shot at the playoffs is difficult, but not out of the realm of possibility.

If we beat the Chargers everything changes. Of course we need Cleveland to beat Pittsburgh, but we still have a shot.

Here's what has to happen for us to get in:

Chiefs beat Chargers
Cleveland (or Detroit) beats Pittsburgh
Broncos beat Chargers
Chiefs beat Bengals

Chiefs at home could be a win. Broncos beating SD to get a first round bye could happen. Cleveland over Pittsburgh at home is a longshot but is the best chance for Steeler loss. If Broncos beat SD on Saturday, Bengals rest players on Sunday as they can't improve their playoff position. Chiefs would be a win away from the playoffs and should be inspired to win the game.

It ain't over, it's close, but it ain't over.

chiefsfaninNC
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Congratulations. You win Homer of the Year.

JBucc
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
yeah I give up

VonneMarie
12-19-2005, 10:33 PM
*Sigh*

tk13
12-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Nah, it's not really. The real hard part would be Cleveland beating Pittsburgh. It's doable though I guess.. it's in the Dawg Pound, and it's Pittsburgh's 2nd straight road game. Plus Cleveland is playing better... they took Jax and Cincy to the wire in the last couple weeks, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it was least close. Pittsburgh has seemed to right the ship a bit though.

At this point, I'd rather see us make it, worst case scenario is we get in a shootout with Cincy and lose 45-38 anyway. At least go down fighting.

Bowser
12-19-2005, 10:35 PM
This scenario has as much chance to happen as having Angelina Jolie show up on game day in a red bikini wanting to meet Planeteers by the George Brett statue.

Mecca
12-19-2005, 10:44 PM
The guy who started this thread thought this was www.nepachiefs.com

Coach
12-19-2005, 10:48 PM
This scenario has as much chance to happen as having Angelina Jolie show up on game day in a red bikini wanting to meet Planeteers by the George Brett statue.

ArrowheadLouder?

TEX
12-19-2005, 10:53 PM
To me it looked like the team left something in Dallas.

Frazod
12-19-2005, 10:56 PM

Eleven sets of testicles?

Logical
12-19-2005, 11:09 PM
This scenario has as much chance to happen as having Angelina Jolie show up on game day in a red bikini wanting to meet Planeteers by the George Brett statue.Less, much, much less.

alanm
12-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Eleven sets of testicles?22 Tim and maybe a few of the special teamers.
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Spicy McHaggis
12-20-2005, 12:00 AM
In all fairness the team gave up before the fans did.

RINGLEADER
12-20-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, if we beat the Bolts this weekend they are pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Step one is to beat the Bolts. I'll worry about the rest of it once we get that part done.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Well, if we beat the Bolts this weekend they are pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Step one is to beat the Bolts. I'll worry about the rest of it once we get that part done.

SD has to lose out.

greg63
12-20-2005, 12:27 AM

Most Chiefs fans at this point in the season tend to deal more in the realm of probability rather than possibility. IMO.

tk13
12-20-2005, 12:30 AM
SD has to lose out.
Yeah but he is correct, if they lost to us it'd be devastating for their own chances. We can at least take Marty down with us.

greg63
12-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah but he is correct, if they lost to us it'd be devastating for their own chances. We can at least take Marty down with us.

Well, I guess that would be some small consolation.

tk13
12-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, I guess that would be some small consolation.
Yeah, Pittsburgh is really in the driver's seat. SD has to win out not just to beat us, but to even get in. If they lose against Denver or KC, Pittsburgh has to lose out. And that's not happening.

Halfcan
12-20-2005, 01:28 AM

If we beat the Chargers everything changes. Of course we need Cleveland to beat Pittsburgh, but we still have a shot.

Here's what has to happen for us to get in:

Chiefs beat Chargers
Cleveland (or Detroit) beats Pittsburgh
Broncos beat Chargers
Chiefs beat Bengals

Chiefs at home could be a win. Broncos beating SD to get a first round bye could happen. Cleveland over Pittsburgh at home is a longshot but is the best chance for Steeler loss. If Broncos beat SD on Saturday, Bengals rest players on Sunday as they can't improve their playoff position. Chiefs would be a win away from the playoffs and should be inspired to win the game.

It ain't over, it's close, but it ain't over.

You forgot:

Hell freezes over!
Skip starts liking Japs!
End quits drinking beer!
Go Chiefs gets laid!
Vlad becomes an Optimist!

Halfcan
12-20-2005, 01:33 AM
I am going to quit drinking beer here in a few minutes, actually.

LOL and it is cold as Hell out. Maybe we do have a shot??

greg63
12-20-2005, 06:29 AM
You forgot:

Hell freezes over!
Skip starts liking Japs!
End quits drinking beer!
Go Chiefs gets laid!
Vlad becomes an Optimist!

...Can't speak for Go Chiefs, but as far as Vlad goes; I think we're sunk. :p:D

Rausch
12-20-2005, 06:43 AM
I am going to quit drinking beer here in a few minutes, actually.

It's overrated...

Alphaman
12-20-2005, 07:20 AM

I agree with that. It looked like the team just flat out got tired. 3 straight games against playoff teams (or contenders), 2 of which were against division winners, and the last 2 were emotional shootouts that went to the wire. The defense looked tired and a step slow and Trent was high with all of his throws. The defense has been a good tackling team all year until the Giants game.

Don't get me wrong, while I'm still holding out hope, I was as disgusted as the rest of you by the performance on Saturday. In fact it took me until Monday night to even read comments on this board (or anyboard) about the game.

That being said, the Chiefs have played very well at home this year (save one half against Philly). 4 weeks ago looking at our last 6 games, many of you said if we can just win the home games we would be in good shape. That is still possible. Where are you now?

Dartgod
12-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Chiefs would be a win away from the playoffs and should be inspired to win the game.

Yeah, we should have been inspired to win in the Meadowlands and you saw what happened there.

Skip Towne
12-20-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope all this magic happens. I relish the chance to make us look like fools on national TV once again.

King_Chief_Fan
12-20-2005, 08:14 AM
I love optimists!!

I am a realist.....the Chiefs will not be in the playoffs.

joesomebody
12-20-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm not giving up, but I'm not going to let myself get my hopes up. Who wants to be depressed on Christmas Eve? Especially since this is the first time in 4 years that I'll be with family.

Nope, I am still hoping the stars allign and we make it, but I'm not counting on it.

cdcox
12-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Realistic odds are about 1:10 according to the best playoff forecasting software of all time: nfl-forecast.com.

If the Steelers lose and KC wins this week, the hype is going to crank through the roof around here. I don't think that will happen, but that's why they play the games.